The Underworld's Child

By mushroomandbooks

PJO Fanfiction - The Titan's Curse Atalanta Elora Anastacia does not have it easy. She is not your typical hi... More

author's note
1 | The Beginning Of A New Adventure
2 | My Friends Need Me
3 | Trouble In Westover Hall Already
4 | Congratulations To Us For Serving A Good Punch We Definitely Did Not Make
5 | A Mysterious Boy, Chocolate, And A Dance
6 | OOPS! Sorry, Mom. I Got Hurt In A Fight.
7 | Reunited With The Gals
8 | Camp Half-Blood Or The Hunt
9 | The Goddess Of The Hunt Tried Helping My Love Life... Such Irony
10 | Artemis's Annoying Brother Is... Annoyingly Hot
11 | Knives Out
12 | My Acrophobia Do Not Approve
13 | The Basket Queen
14 | Family And Friends
15 | Love
16 | Bonding Time
17 | Capture The Flag Goes Wrong
18 | More Problems Dropping In
19 | Council Meeting
20 | The Start of The Quest
21 | Death By Space Food
22 | Little Vixen
23 | Welcome To CloudCroft
24 | The Boar, Pan, And Stars With A Dash Of History
25 | Burritos and Extra Gifts
26 | Mini Talos
27 | Stranger Danger in Hoover Dam
28 | A Royal Deck
29 | Nereus
30 | Round 2
31 | The Road to Mount Tam
32 | The Garden of The Hesperides
33 | Mount Othrys
34 | The Weight of The Sky
35 | Stars
36 | The Winter Solstice
37 | The Party and The Aftermath
38 | Shopping Frenzy
End of book 1
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐃𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫
Bonus II | Dreams

Bonus - Christmas

1.3K 44 8
By mushroomandbooks

December 25th 

“Merry Christmas!” 

The words echoed through the cozy place of Sally Jackson's apartment. 

Elora and her family had their Christmas celebration with Percy and his mother, Sally. The apartment was full of laughter and warmth unlike the harsh but beautiful winter weather outside the windows. 

"Cookies?" Percy came to her side bringing a platter of a mix between his mother's famous blue cookies and her mother's brownie cookies. Both are to die for. "Your mom makes brilliant cookies. I just wish they're blue. It would be better if they were.. " Percy pouted. 

"We can always ask her to make it blue," Elora said. "Maybe she'll make them." 

Percy sighed "I don't think so. You can't really make chocolate blue."

Sally chuckled. She walked up from behind and put a hand on Percy's shoulder. 

"I can change it to white chocolate and add blue coloring."

"Oh hey mommy. Hey Aunt sally!" Her mother placed a hand on her shoulder. The weight laid comfortable. 

"Dessert is ready."

The entire group came together and gave each other hugs. After everyone sat down, dessert was brought out. Cookies, decorated with red sprinkles that were supposed to be pine needles, hot chocolate with marshmallows on top, cake, everything Christmas.

Once they got started eating, everyone began talking in turn about what happened over the holidays and what they're going to do during the break. 

They talked about all their plans, how Elora's parents were able to get a long stay in the states for holiday, and plans for New year's eve with the Jacksons. 

Her mother, Sally, and her grandmother took turns telling  stories about their childhood growing up, how things changed. The topic eventually turned to their children's childhood. It was a recap of embarrassing moments. 

"You were a cute kid."

"So were you shrimpy. Those big eyes and hair covered in bubbles? Just adorable shrimpy. Especially the toy. Where did you mother get that?" she teased. 

"Walmart," he answered, embarrassed. "No more discussing my childhood crush on Mrs. Shrimp." 

"That shrimp's married?!" she laughed. "How did you know? Where's her husband?"

"They came in a pair. According to my mom, I… threw the husband from the window.' 

☀︎︎☽︎☾︎☀︎︎

ding dong 

"Heard a party was in town!" 

Who- "Hermes?" 

"Who else would it be? Dionysus?" Hermes teased. "That old grump ain't here."

"Hey Lord Hermes," Percy said. "Didn't know you wanted an invite."

"Did you ask?"

"Well uh.."

"Nuh you did not. How could you have known?" He walked leisurely and chomped up a cookie. "Hey little cuz."

"Hello grandpa," Elora replied.

Hermes's face morphed into one of horror. 

"What? You're shocked? Look at your face. You have serious wrinkles." Elora pointed to his face and rattled the lies.

"Nice try but I invented lying. I'm a pro." Hermes twirled her hair. "Plus I'm a god. I'm ageless darling."

"Yeah right and oh! There are two hellhounds right  behind you. Two actually. Truth or lie?"

"Lie." He snorted.  

I wish those hellhounds would bite him, she thought, on the legs, maybe his butt while they're on it.

Hellhounds, if you can hear me, please bite Hermes for me. 

"Ah!" He shrieked.

"Got bitten, yes?"  She asked innocently. "But not too bad right?"

Best hellhounds ever! Thanks you two. 

Hades and Demeter laughed at his expense. Hermes grumbled something unintelligible and walked away rubbing his bum while the rest laughed.

She hadn't realized other gods had popped in. "Oh hey guys! No fancy party up in Olympus?" She saw her dad in the crowd of gods. "Hey dad!" 

Everyone looked at her. "What? Do you need an introduction or something? You all know them." 

"Actually, I don't. I really don't." Her sister said as she stared. "They're gods? Like for real?"

"Yeah for real."

"An intro will be nice," her sister muttered. 

"The one who got bitten was Hermes." She pointed to the one wearing a leopard print shirt. "That is Dionysus aka Mr. D." Then she pointed to her father wearing all black and Persephone in his arms. "That's Hades and Persephone. Adorable."

"Didn't Hades kidnap Persephone though? You ship them?"

"Naw. Misconception. Like how they depict Hades with blue fire for hair and sharp pointy teeth."

"He's not like that?"

"No! Though I wish he'd do that." 

☀︎︎☽︎☾︎☀︎︎

"Daughter."

"Dad." She nodded once to her father. "Persephoneee! That dress is amazing! Where'd you get it from?"

"I just borrowed it from Aphrodite." 

"Aww." 

"I came over to wish you a happy solstice," her father said. "Your gift will be kept in the Underworld. You can take it to Camp when you go but for now, or back home if your mother allows you."

"What did you get me?" she asked. 

"You've always wanted a dog so I got you two of them." 

"No way. What's the breed? How can they live in the Underworld?"

"They're hellhounds. I hope you don't mind-"

Her smile froze. The words registered in her mind. A hellhound. Two. "You're not lying are you?"

Her father shook his head. 

Oh my gods! "Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" On impulse she hugged her dad. "Best gift ever!" 

She came back to her senses and released her father from the hug and looked at the floow in embarrassment. "I mean, thanks dad. Amazing gift." 

"Do you have any names in mind?" Persephone asked. 

"I can name them?" 

"They are yours." 

"I still can't believe the last minute." 

Persephone laughed. "Hades, where's the other gift?" 

"Other gift?"

"Right." He snapped his fingers. "Here you go. This oneis from the both of us." He handed her a box. "Open it."

A set of jewelry sat there sparkling prettily. "You spoil me too much." Sapphires. Damn. 

"No such thing." 

"Better yet, they turn to weapons!" Persephone exclaimed. "We hope you like it."

"Like it? I love it!" 

☀︎︎☽︎☾︎☀︎︎

The rest of the night was filled with opening their presents.

From Mr. D, she got a bottle of wine. Specially made, he said. 

"I'm underage!" 

"It's just grape juice," he said. 

Sceptically, she popped the bottle and smelled alcohol. "There's alcohol here."

"Yeah duh. Grape juice with alcohol. Wine. Grape juice." 

"Oh my gods." 

From Hermes: new shoes. 

"Thank you." 

"Let's run sometime soon!" 

Athena: Books. 

She died and went to Elysium for a moment  when she saw the amount of books the goddess sent. Enough to fill her library back home. Maybe more. 

"Mom, we're going to need a bigger library!" she squealed.

"Oh my god. The one at home is big enough!" 

"Look." 

"You have too many books." Her mother sighed. "I'll install another shelf."

"Thanks mom!" 

Aphrodite: a bunch of new clothes. 

Ares: weapons! 

Hephaestus: a device that emits  bright light and won't run out of battery. It even have prints of star constellations if she wanted to see them. 

"Thanks Hephy." 

He grunted. "Your devices are also magicked. They won't attract monsters anymore. And they won't run out of batteries."

"You can do that?!" 

"I just did." 

"Now that's amazing! You've been hiding the best things from me!" 

The gifts from others were similar to books, weapons, or jars with never ending cookies." 

Her sweet tooth went to heaven when Hera sent the jar. 

She got a jacket and a hoodie from Percy.

"You get cold easily," he said. 

A stuffie from her sister. A huge fluffy stitch. 

A new dress from her mom. 

Money from her grandma. Easiest thing to give but also very useful. She made a mental note to send much more to her grandma. 

Another book from Percy's mom. Whoo!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 118 14
Sapphire had seen a lot a couple summers ago and she was about to see a lot more. About two summers ago she saw Percy Jackson, from her school along...
36K 679 32
🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disasters, slight...
120 5 8
A girl. Neither a demigod or God. But born with powers. Cursed from a child. Never accepted. Tasked with finding her true self or doom the entire Gre...
21 0 7
~PREQUEL TO ECLIPSE~ ~TAKES PLACE DURRING THE PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS SERIES~ Elora Stone is a demigod. Not just any demigod, she is the daug...