The dualbender (atla) book 2

By Sachubxnny

Warning: If you haven't read book 1 yet, please go read that one first. I mean, I won't stop you, but do your... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - General Fong
Chapter 2 - shells
Chapter 3 - prisoners?
Chapter 4 - a traitor?
Chapter 5 - Avatar state
Chapter 6 - traveling nomads
Chapter 8 - Oma and Shu
Chapter 9 - badgermoles
Chapter 10 - return to Omashu
Chapter 11 - resistance fighters
Chapter 12 - Pentapox!
Chapter 13 - kidnapped a child?!
Chapter 14 - a trade
Chapter 15 - jings
A/N
Chapter 16 - tornado
Chapter 17 - vines
Chapter 18 - heart of the swamp
Chapter 19 - banyan-grove tree
Chapter 20 - swamp benders
Chapter 21 - a friend
Chapter 22 - Avatar day
Chapter 23 - trial
Chapter 24 - Detectives
Chapter 25 - jail
Chapter 26 - one last testimony
Chapter 27 - Earth Rumble VI
Chapter 28 - The blind bandit
Chapter 29 - the fancy dancer

Chapter 7 - labyrinth

129 11 0
By Sachubxnny

- Third POV -

Team Avatar and the band of nomads are journeying to the tunnels along a wide street surrounded by the ruins of a temple.

"How far are we from the tunnel?" Asks Mizuki.

"Actually, it's not just one tunnel. The lovers didn't want anyone to find out about their love, so they built a whole labyrinth!" Explains Chong.

"Labyrinth?!" Exclaims Sokka shocked.

"Oh, I'm sure we'll figure it out" Replies Chong casually.

"All you need to do is trust in love...according to the curse" Informs Lily.

"Curse?" Whines Sokka.

"Hey-hey! We're here!" Chong points at the entrance of the cave.

"What exactly is this curse?" Asks Katara.

"The curse says that only those who trust in love can make it through the caves. Otherwise, you'll be trapped in them forever" Explains Chong.

"And die" Upon hearing this, Team Avatar shares a horrified glance. And die? How can he say that so casually?!

"Oh yeah, and die" Chuckles Chong.

"Hey, I just remembered the rest of that song! And die~!" Exclaims Chong as he strums his lute.

"That's it! There's no way we're going through some cursed hole!" Protests Sokka.

"Hey, someone's making a big campfire!" Exclaims Moku as he notices gray smoke rising from the horizon.

"That's no campfire, Moku" States Mizuki as she glares at the smoke.

"It's Fire Nation. They're tracking us" Informs Sokka grimly.

"So all you need to do is trust in love to get through these caves?" Asks Aang.

"That is correct, master arrowhead" Nods Chong.

"We can make it" States Aang as he glances at Mizuki.

"Everyone into the hole!" Exclaims Sokka in a somewhat demanding tone as everyone rushes into the cave. Several Fire Nation tanks rumble across the terrain towards the entrance of the tunnel and pause once they reach the mouth of the cave.

"Hold on! It's too dangerous. Haven't you heard the song? Just close them in. The mountain will take care of the rest" Says the commander. The tanks fire rotating grappling hooks from canisters into the tunnel and release them after a few moments, unleashing a myriad of boulders. Meanwhile, Team Avatar and the nomads begin navigating their way through the tunnels, only to turn around and witness the entrance being closed off. Appa begins to frantically paw the walls of the tunnel.

"It's okay, Appa. We'll be fine. I hope" Katara pats Appa's head, in an attempt to comfort the flying bison.

"We will be fine. All we need is a plan. Chong, how long do those torches last?" Asks Sokka.

"Uh, about two hours each" Answers Chong.

"And we have five torches, so that's ten hours!" Lily lights the rest of the torches in her hand.

"It doesn't work like that if they're all lit at the same time!" Exclaims Sokka annoyed as he grabs the torches and stomps out the fire.

"Oh, right" Mumbles Lily.

"I'm going to make a map to keep track of exactly where we've been. Then we should be able to solve it like a maze and get through" States Sokka while his friends look at each other with unsure expressions.

❀❀❀

A female is treating Iroh's allergic reaction while Zuko is seated on a bench.

"You two must not be from around here. We know better than to touch the White Jade, much less make it into tea and drink it" Says the woman as she flicks Iroh's hand away when he tries to scratch his rash.

"Whoops" Mutters Iroh sheepisly.

"So where are you traveling from?" Asks the female.

"Yes, we're travelers" Says Zuko nervously as he rises from his seat.

"Do you have names?"

"Names? Of course we have names. I'm, uh, Lee and this is my uncle...Mushi?" Stutters Zuko while Iroh shoots him an angry look. Apparantly, he did not like the name his nephew had given him.

"Yes, my nephew was named after his father, so we just call him Junior" Iroh looks at Zuko and gives him a smug look. Zuko glares angrily at Iroh and moves his finger across his neck signaling that he's dead meat, but abruptly halts and puts his hands behind his back when the woman turns around to look at him.

"Mushi and Junior, huh. My name is Song. You two look like you could use a good meal. Why don't you stay for dinner?" Offers Song as she slaps Iroh's hand away when he tries to scratch his rash once again.

"Sorry, but we need to be moving on" Sighs Zuko as he looks away.

"That's too bad. My mom always makes too much roast duck" States Song.

"Where do you live exactly?" Asks Iroh excitedly.

Sokka's standing with a map in his hands, he tilts it to the side a few times before drawing it closer to him.

"Sokka, this is the tenth dead end you've led us to" Sighs Katara.

"This doesn't make sense. We already came through this way" Says Sokka confused.

"Maybe this cave is under the influence of a spirit's powers?" Suggests Mizuki.

"We don't need a map. We just need love. The little guy knows it" Chong looks at Aang who deadpans.

"Yeah, but I wouldn't mind a map, also- There's something strange here. There's only one explanation. The tunnels are changing" States Aang.

❀❀❀

Zuko and Iroh are sitting around Song's kitchen table.

"My daughter tells me you're refugees. We were once refugees ourselves" Says Song's mother while setting down a platter of roasted duck.

"When I was a little girl, the Fire Nation raided our farming village. All the men were taken away. That was the last time I saw my father" States Song in a sorrowful tone.

"I haven't seen my father in many years" Mumbles Zuko.

"Oh, is he fighting in the War?" Zuko hesitates a second before answering Song's question.

"Yeah" Replies Zuko as he looks away in dismay.

❀❀❀

"The tunnels, they're a-changin'. It must be the curse! I knew we shouldn't have come down here!" Exclaims Chong frantically.

"Right, if only we listened to you" Retorts Sokka sarcastically.

"Everyone be quiet. Listen" Warns Mizuki as a low snarl can be heard from within the darkness of the tunnel. Sokka suspiciously holds the torch up to the tunnel to inspect the strange sound. Suddenly, a wolfbat flies from the darkness of the cave towards the group, causing everyone to panic.

"It's a giant flying thing with teeth!" Panics Chong.

"No! It's a wolfbat!" Shouts Moku. In a frenzy, Sokka swats at the creature with the lit torch. Several hot cinders are thrown around and land on Appa's skin. Yelping in pain, the bison begins running around the tunnel, releasing a discharge of rocks and debris. Aang quickly airbends Sokka and the band of nomads out of the way of the falling rocks. Mizuki and Katara hold onto each other in fear as Aang races towards them. However, before he can reach them, multiple rocks create a barrier between them. Meanwhile, Sokka attempts to dig his way through the barrier that divides the three groups.

"Yeah, it's no use. We're separated. But at least you have us!" Grins Chong.

"Nooooo!" Exclaims Sokka horrified as he begins to dig faster. He was not having it today.

To be continued

Word count: 1.169

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

860K 22.9K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
67.4K 2.7K 22
๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘—๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ฆ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘š๐‘’. โš ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
140K 4.8K 15
You, the reader, woke up on a ship and discovered that you had been transported to the Avatar universe. You have to work with the GAng and figure out...
96.7K 3.1K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...