Heart to Heart

By saiamrutha77

He was her crush..! She loved his magnetic smile... Life goes never as planned..! Time takes a step..! 2years... More

1. I can do it!!!
2.Rehaan savanth
3 . proper conversation
4.Its her!!!
5. auh...! Hello
6. Well..?!
7 .Should i tell her..?!
8. This is my messed up life....!
9.Drunk and what.......?!
10.Are you sure..?!
11. Marriage it is...then?! FINE
12. Its really happening..!
13. THE ENGAGEMENT
14 .The engagement-2
16. Spending time together
17. Bangalore
18. Pre Wedding Jitter's
19. The Wedding
20.Just Married
21. New couple
22. Dinner Disaster
23. Explanation
24. Bed time Revelations
25. Getting used to
26.Sharing your germs
27. 'Aa..Aa...achu....'
28.Fight
29. Elope you away from this world
Epilogue

15.Awkward

14.3K 614 4
By saiamrutha77

Rehaan's p.o.v:

Gosh...! She is something.....

I always heard that a woman who can make a man laugh is the most sexiest one. Kritika belongs to that category.

I dont get is that her innocence or strategy.

I came to the agreement that if kritika was sure of this marriage then i was also ready to take chance. After all what's there to lose.

We have been sitting On the pool side and talking about everything and anything. I was sipping whisky which i grabbed before coming to pool side from the cocktail section. I think kritika didn't notice the bottle and i want it to keep it like that. I know ...... Okay?! i didn't plan to get sober in my own engagement party. Cool breeze was kissing our skin. It was such a bliss. And here i sit with my fiancée and enjoying the night. Okay! Ithinkimdrunkbecauseimtalkinglikeagirl. But i knew im far from getting lost in Alcohol.

" Rey.... Kritika... Mom's calling", shouted ananya. I'm sure that Idiot must already be playing romantic song in her head. I dont want her go too far so i replied "coming...." As quickly as i could.

I got up and extended my hand for Kritika... And poor she..... was busy handling her lehanga. I couldn't help but smile. She was so worried that her lehanga would get wet. She stumbled but managed to stand still without falling or worst dragging me also into the pool.

Suddenly she had slight grip on my shervani coat. And my hand automatically found her slim waist to keep her still.Her eyes found mine and drifted to my lips. As if just as a reflex action my lips met hers. Her lips were so soft against mine its as if eating a sugar candy. I could feel her lips move against mine.

Woah..! What's happening....?! Where did we go from talking... To standing....To kissing now... Fuck! I can't..... And realisation hit me... I Don't want to... Not yet.... Kritika for me was like a long last friend and thisisasheermomentthing. I don't want it to be awkward between us. I pulled back and just one look at those pink lips i was sure i definitely wanna kiss them again. So, before i could make a fool out of myself I left.

"Rey... Dude.. Why do u look so lost!" Shrey asked.

I was truly lost.... I could only remember taste of certain candy soft lips I felt just few moments ago. Im going bresk or is alcohol taking troll!?! "Shery are we done...?!" I asked... i wanted lone time to think analyse what the hell i want. I could see all the guests taking there leave.

"Where are you going Rehaan..?!" My mother chirped from back.

" where is kritika..?!" She asked.

As que to her words Kritika came with Ananya. Ididn'tseeananyawhenicame.

" Kritika ..." Mom called out. But they were already coming towards us.

" Yes aunty," Kritika was giving mom her one of those innocent smiles.

" My mother-in-law, that is Rehaan's grandma wants to talk to you." She said.

What..?! But could i help...?! Grandma is known to do what she feels Right. And no one, i meannoone could say a word infront of her. She is a very warm person but could be intimidating for new people.

Kritika tried hard to look cool but she was nervous to meet grandma. I turned to Shrey and was about to walk around feeling sorry for Kritika already... "Rehaan she wants to meet both of you" my mom concludes and this time i shriek "what...?!" I love my grandma, but now i am in no mood to listen to her Rehaan you have not been eating properly. Or. Rehaan i am so happy you finally decided to move on. Kind of speech. Ananya and mom chuckle at my response. Shrey disappeared suddenly.

Grandma has been in one of the rooms this function hall offers. Grandma was 79 years old but she is doesn't look a day more than 60. That's how much fit she is.

She was sitting on the couch with a box

In her hand.

" Auh... Rehaan, Kritika... Come..come..." She said warmly. I could see Kritika visibly relax and giving my grandma a lovely smile. I on other hand was narrowing my eyes at my grandma thinkingwhatissheplanningunderhersleeves?!

" Come on Rehaan.. i am not planning anything evil." She says as if reading my mind.

" Could never guess what you plan? Can I?" I mocked her playful. Her old grey eyes were shinning with some mischief. Kritika seemed amused by our little exchange but she kept quite.

" First of all let me congratulate you both. And Kritika welcome to the family." She says taking Kritika's hand into hers.

" I am so happy Rehaan chose such a pretty and sweet girl. You are perfect for him."

A small blush appears on Kritika's face.

" Grandma..". I start but she cuts me of with one stern look.

" Look Rehaan, kritika you both are in a very big phase of your life. Marriage isn't a small step. Its a agreement of life at least in our times." She said with a sad smile. " Now a days, Marriage is taken very lightly. They think its just a game. And they opt for divorce just for silly reasons. I am telling all this from my own experience and the world i have seen marriage is not about dealing with silly problems you have. Its about accepting your partner and being perfect for each other by filling the void in between them. Love is also essential element in a successful marriage"

Love... I cringe listening to that word. It doesn't have any place in my life. Loveless marriage that's what i offered Kritika and she gladly accepted it. That's all.

"....understand kritika" grandma said Patting kritika's hand.

Kritika was nodding at grandma. " And this is for you" she says extending the box towards Kritika. Kritika doesn't accept quickly, she was hesitant and looks at me as if i could stop my grandma. " why are you looking at him..? I am giving this as a blessing not as a gift you should never say no to blessings."

Kritika hesitantly accepts the box. I am sure it would be some piece of jewellery. Kritika opens the box as grandma ask her. It was a smile gold chain but with a heavy heart shaped pendant. " this was a gift my husband gave it to me on my 70th birthday.. My last birthday with him. I gave it to you to hold on to the love we shared and hope you and Rehaan will have same type of bond filled with love and happiness."

Kritika smiled at her, but that smile doesn't reach her eyes. " Rehaan help her with that chain will you..?!" My grandma mocked anger. Mumbling how demanding my grandma can be i helped Kritika.

Coming out of room i held kritika's hand "I am sorry for the speech grandma gave and moreover no one knows about our arrangement right?! " i said avoiding her eyes. why the hell did i kiss her?! because you wanted to and couldn't control.. my subconscious sneered.

"Rehaan..." her voice controlled " look at me...'and i did."I understand what you want to say." giving me a fake smile and walked past me. I stood there thinking.... what are we doing...?being friends thing..? just then i heard Kritika say "fuck" and walk back to me holding my face in her hands. " It cant be awkward..."she said pressing her lips to mine ".....everytime. because i want to kiss you again and again." I stand there as if hell froze. I am pathetic! "KRITIKA...."i started as she pulled back " I dont love you... i am not sure whether i will or not. i cant let you build your hopes high..." i feel like a idiot right now. I See her face drop but i dont want to see her like that. " BUT i am working on it...." though thats a complete lie. Great Rehaan savanth bringing hopes high....my subconscious butted again. 'fuck of...' was my reply.

"Dont worry rehaan.... i have jumped into this knowing the consequences. I am just telling you that i want to kiss you... not that i want love from you. kiss can just be a kiss." she said playing with her engagement ring. she has a point... a kiss can be kiss.... and suddenly it felt right and moreover we are getting married we can kiss and have fun around my irrational part said but my rational part is vigorously shaking its head. but as always the irrational part won and the awkwardness I felt was thrown in the gutter.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

so, that's chapter 15 finally....!

like. comment.vote.

share also :P please.

love

XOXOXO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 238K 150
❤️ Completed ❤️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...
1.5M 68.8K 54
"Will you marry me?" He asked kneeling down the floor with a wide grin on his face. My tears started to pool in my eyes. I had never expected this wi...
3.6M 202K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
98.3K 5.4K 52
"Listen arsh , just meet this girl once . She is a really good girl . Just give it a try please. I really want to see you settled in your life now"...