See For Me [Editing slowly]

Par WandererAtHeart

Eden has been through more than most, and she's ready to start on her own . . . but not quite yet. With only... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Final Chapter

Chapter 18

784 23 6
Par WandererAtHeart

A/N: I'm sooooooooo sorry for the wait!!! I lost my mojo for a while there but I seem to have found it again and after doing teensy pieces at a time I've come up with the atest installment.

Think of it as a Valentines Day present! Love you all and thank so much for your continued support! I hope to continue hearing from you in the future!

<3 Bayne

P.s. this is pretty much unedited because I was uber excited to let you guys read it.

____________________________________________________________________

I decided to spend the rest of my day wasting away in Caleb's room and no one objected to that, and no one disturbed me. No one brought me food or water but that was okay because I was too focused on not doing something sexual to really care. I had thought this morning was bad with all the sweating and itching but at least I wasn't constantly turned on. I am perfectly fine with admitting that hell yes I'm horny because it's a part of the werewolf culture. I don't know why humans don't admit it. I mean really, we all know that men aren't the only people who feel like getting' it on. If that were the case, all sex would be rape and we know that's not true.

Anyway, my point is that now not only am I overheating and itchy, I also want to make like a bunny if you know what I mean. Curled into a ball, I had to resist moving too much and in my hyper sensitive state, I worried that someone would come up to check on me and I would jump them. I really didn't know what I would do when Caleb came back because I wasn't going to leave on my own and I was pretty sure he was going to return to his room to sleep. At least I hoped he would. I would feel bad if he avoided me although if this was the effect I had on males, I would completely understand.

Caleb avoided me. It must have been nighttime. People were returning to their rooms and soft snores could be heard from various wings in the house but Caleb didn't come by. I felt relieved. I really didn't want to be seen like this and I didn't want him and his horny-self to lose control. I wouldn't be able to handle him.  With the knowledge that I was all alone, I went to sleep.

Nobody came to wake me up in the morning which I thought to be considerably strange. At the very least I expected Heather to be banging on Caleb's door but no; it was silent. I tossed and turned on the comforter, almost waiting for someone to come bother me. Through this dreadful heat I was beginning to crave human companionship.

It wasn't long before my wish was fulfilled and I heard Heather calling through the door.

"I heard you weren't feeling well," she said and gently sat on the bed beside me. I put the pieces together and nodded weakly, willing my limbs to slacken so I could fake sick.

"Yeah, I think I caught a summer bug," I lied quietly. I wasn't feeling sick. I was feeling far too zealous to be normal. My sex drive was through the roof and raising my body temperature, raising my appetite accordingly. I was practically buzzing with the need to touch somebody and cuddle. It was starting to make me irritable. I guess I'm lucky I have enough pride to keep myself from letting loose. I think I would hate myself if I had sex with anyone and everyone like that girl in the car at the mall, even through the relief it would bring.

Heather sighed and stroked my hair, slipping her hand onto my forehead to check my temperature.

"That's a high fever you have there," Heather said softly, every inch of her exuding the concern of a mother.

"I'll be okay, I just need some rest," and food, I added silently.

"I'll bring you up some warm milk and honey," she said and left Caleb's room, closing the door behind her softly. I rolled over and groaned to the ceiling. Heather's home remedy was not going to quell my hunger. At all. I felt so primal. All I wanted was food, sex, and sleep which covered the basic instincts to survive and reproduce.

Heather was back quickly with the warm drink and she left it in my hands as she returned to the main level. I could smell hormones wafting through the cracks at the door and it was making me antsy. I was sure that some of my own were making their way to the males' noses. Everything smelled tense.

I couldn't take it anymore. I got off the bed and thrust my nest of blankets away to begin pacing on the hardwood floor. I fanned myself with one hand as I thought about what I could do. I obviously couldn't go downstairs, and this floor was just as risky, but I needed to get out. I hurriedly felt my way to the ensuite bathroom and showered under cold water. I toweled off my hair so it didn't drip so much and slipped into Gypsy's room for a change of clothes. I put on a pair of loose shorts and an oversized T-shirt and made my way to the window. I had never done this before, but I remember watching older wolves do it when I was younger: jumping out of the window. During the summer months, the teenage wolves would jump from a third floor window and transform in midair, hitting the ground running. I wouldn't be able to change of course, but I hoped that wouldn't matter.

I opened Gypsy's window and took a step back, shifting my weight from my front foot to my back one as I prepared to dive through. I took a couple quick steps and thrust myself into the open air, attempting a tuck and tumble to land on my feet.

But I was half wolf, not half feline. Needless to say, I landed on my back not my feet and was left gasping for air for a few vulnerable moments.

When I was able to move again I escaped to the shade of the trees and rolled in the dirt, relishing in the smell of the forest. Now that I had met Caleb I didn’t like admitting it, but the smell of pine forest was my favorite.

I couldn't stay still for a long time and was soon back on my feet, searching for a cool, moist patch of moss to lie on.

I crawled across sharp rocks, rough roots, and pine needles until I found space to curl up on. I felt the same as I did when I was first coming here. The climb across the mountain under the summer sun had nothing on this. This was what drove people to become nudists. I knew that nudist packs existed before, but now I understood why. I briefly considered leaving here and joining one, but I knew I wouldn't be able to do it. I still didn't want to admit it, but Caleb was most likely my mate, and even without my wolf leaving would be difficult. I pulled at my shirt and fanned myself with it as I lay on my back under the hot sun.

AS miracle of miracles would have it, Heather wasn't there when I returned. Nobody had indicated that she returned home, but at least she wasn't in the pack house at the moment. I needed space and her absence provided that. I wasn't totally left alone though. When I returned I could feel an unnerving number of eyes on me, watching as I passed through the house that hushed as I entered a room. I pulled my hair back and tried fading into the woodwork but I knew that wouldn't work for very long if it even worked at all. My hormones were blazing and every Where in the pack probably knew. I didn't smell Caleb around either though, which made me a bit uncomfortable.

I went straight to Caleb's room and plopped myself in front of the air conditioning. I hadn't eaten in about a day and my hunger pains were starting to make themselves known through the fog that was my head. My hunger combined with my heat was making me dizzy and I slowly rested my head against the bottom of the air conditioner with a sigh. This day seemed endless. I didn't know how long this would last but I was reaching the conclusion that I would not be sane by the end of it.

I heard a rustle outside the door and tilted my ear toward it. The smell of a roast beef sandwich with melted cheese filled the air and I swallowed painfully.

"Here," Gypsy said and set the plate beside me. I couldn't muster a smile and merely dragged the plate closer, squishing the sandwich a bit before lifting it to my mouth and tearing at it ferally. Bite after bite I swallowed the warm succulent meat and paused only to swallow. I reached for a glass of water and Gypsy, already prepared, handed me one. I threw it back and gasped as I set it back on the ground, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand and returning to my position against the air conditioner.

"Thanks," I mumbled and she picked up the plate and glass wordlessly, leaving me to my own devices.

I had fallen asleep and my ears pricked at the sound of tinkering from downstairs. I blinked my eyelids and refocusing on the peculiar noise that I identified as a lock being picked. I twisted my body to face the door and pulled sleepily at my shirt.

The lock clicked and someone quietly stepped in. I yawned loudly and waited to see what would happen. I didn't know who it was, I couldn't smell anything familiar and I was too tired to be disturbed by that.

Whoever it was approached stealthily and I tensed. Suddenly there was a scream, like a child's battle cry and the scent of cologne assaulted my nose as the figure jumped on me and wrapped its arms around my neck, wringing the breath out of me. I choked and pulled myself free, now very awake.

"Muahahaha! I have finally found you!" yelled a male voice just leaving puberty: Johnny's.

I was too tired to think of a cordial response so I defaulted to, "What are you doing here?"

Johnny loosened his hold on my neck and sat back a bit, "Visiting of course. Heather brought me up. Nice place by the way. This your room?" he spilled out.

"Nope," I said popping the "p".

"I didn't think so, it's too masculine. Why are you here then?"

I pointed to the air conditioner before asking him why he was here.

"Because I wanted to see you! I heard Keagan's on his way too," he said excitedly and I could feel him bouncing in place.

I stayed silent a moment processing everything. I was surprised they allowed Heather to stay here, but I knew they really had no choice because Heather was her own boss and would do what she wanted, but I couldn't imagine the pack elders allowing the rest of my siblings to come too. I thought they would have put their foot down. Maybe they’re feeling sympathetic. Maybe they're just not up to facing Heather.

I shrugged it off mentally and refocused, "So where are you staying?" I asked.

"In Heather's room, I wonder where they'll put Keagan though," he mused.

I raised my eyebrows but stayed silent. She would tell him when she was ready; after all, he would be Keagan's adopted son very soon.

"So whose room is this?" Johnny asked eagerly, adjusting himself so he was more comfortable.

"Caleb's," I said, not expecting him to know who that was but he clapped his hands in recognition.

"That's the guy who told me where you were."

Did he now? I sighed and shrugged, as much as I loved Johnny, I needed to be alone. He took the hint and left me to my devices.

I couldn't stay there long, I was too restless. I picked myself up and shuffled over to the corridor. From there I followed the sound of low voices to a wooden door, thicker than most in the house. I pressed my ear against it, and could hear the slightly rough, cracking voice of the elder who had questioned me at the breakfast table some time ago.

"We have to think of the pack. We have to think of its strength," she said solemnly.

A hush went through the room at her words and I held my breath against the door.

"Even so," a deeper voice spoke, Alpha Ericson's voice, "They may be mates."

"'May be,' but nothing is certain yet. We shall find a suitable mate for him come the next full moon, on his twentieth birthday," the elder spoke once again, calmly this time. Her voice did not waver and allowed for no disagreement. The other elders in the room stayed silent, agreeing with the old woman, but Alpha Ericson released a defeated sigh.

I heard footsteps nearing the door, and I pushed away from it. I tiptoed down the hallway and hid around a corner. A drop of sweat dripped down my face. The door opened and I could hear Alpha Ericson say parting words to the elders. I followed the wall with my hand and escaped down a flight of stairs, out of sight from the elders.

The downstairs was livelier than the upper floors. I could hear people going in and out and some were in the living room, others in the kitchen. The sound of stilettos clicking on hard wood approached quickly and I rolled my eyes, sensing an encounter I was not looking forward to.

Her high heels clacked my way and a shoulder suddenly smashed into me, knocking me back a few steps.

"So you're still here," she sneered. She pushed her face into mine, her breath was overly minty.

I inhaled, feeling stifled by her proximity and body heat, "I didn't know there was a rumor that I left," I smirked.

She closed her mouth, the minty scent faded quickly, "There's a rumor that you will," she whispered threateningly.

"And I'm sure you'll be the one to help me out right?" I rolled my eyes and brushed passed the nameless girl. I didn't even know why she hated me.

I narrowed my eyes and huffed away, heading for the library. I sat on the couch and was overcome with the memory of the last time I had been here.

I hated thinking about it, but it was a really good kiss. I tried not to think about it because it really ended up pissing me off. It ended up worse than that. My heart clenched and I swallowed harshly. My wolf had come back, even if for only a small moment. I had felt her inside me and we had shared everything in that moment.

And then she was gone as quickly as she came, and I felt more alone than I ever had in this short moment as I remembered that afternoon. I lied down on my back and rested my legs over the arm.

I hated feeling lonely. I was always surrounded with people I loved before this, but not being able to see everything they could left me out. I could never experience what they did to the fullest.  I would never.

I rolled to face the back of the couch and smothered my face into the crease. I took a big sigh and couldn't smell anything but leather. I drifted to sleep there.

As I started to wake up I noticed a warm pressure at my back. A warm breeze tickled my neck and I squirmed. The leather in front of me was hot and a little sweaty ― mental note to take a shower― and there was a wall of warmth behind me. I felt like I couldn't breathe in all the heat and started panting and pressing against whatever was behind me. It sidled closer and an arm wrapped around me.

I rolled my eyes and pushed myself up, ready to scold Caleb for creeping on me but my breath caught. The smell was wrong. I lashed out and pushed whoever it was away from me.

There was a thud and a groan as the body hit the floor and I stayed crouched against the back of the couch.

Footsteps came rushing into the room with the scent of pine and I breathed easier.

"What happened? Who's this? You okay Eden?" he asked from behind me, leaning over protectively.

"Chill dude, she's my sister," a voice said.

I refocused on the person I had just shoved off, "Keagan?"

"The one and only," he said and I heard him struggle to get back up.

"You know him?" Caleb asked, relaxing slightly.

"Yeah," I said absentmindedly. "You sound like an old man," I teased Keagan. Caleb tensed again at being ignored.

The momentary relief of fresh air against my skin succumbed to my inner heat and I found myself fanning my face.

"You okay sis? You look a little flushed," Keagan checked my forehead for a temperature. "You're burning up," he exclamed.

"Keagan, did less than a month away from me wipe your memory? I always have a raised temperature," I reminded. Of course it wasn't always this high but he wouldn't remember a degree or two difference --even though it felt like fifty to me.

"Haha, right," he said and ruffled my hair. Caleb's hands clenched the back cushion and I rolled my eyes.

I convinced Keagan to go see Heather and Johnny to get settled in and turned to face Caleb.

His breath fanned my cheek and I gasped softly. "You should probably go," I advised thinking of my heat. Caleb said nothing but his slow breathing remained. "If you don't I'm worried you'll jump me," I said lightly (knowing I was the one more likely to jump someone) but be stayed. I turned and sat on the couch like a normal person thinking about nothing in particular --in other words making sure I didn't attack anyone-- and just waited for Caleb to leave.

And boy was he taking his sweet time. I was just about to tell him to leave when his arms wrapped around my shoulders and he rested his head on mine.

I didn't know what to do but my mind was racing. He should have left before; no male wolf can resist a she-wolf's heat. Besides, he was making me feel hotter, and while I liked the contact after having spent so much time in isolation I needed my breathing space. No matter how oddly content I was feeling. I wasn't used to feeling this content with Caleb and I didn't like it.

Caleb's breath continued into my hair and he pressed me into his chest tightly. I relaxed a little but still couldn't understand this soft seemingly sincere Caleb I had been experiencing recently. When I came here he was obnoxious and a little too sexually oriented and then I hit heat and suddenly he's like a nice, caring boy― I hate to admit it― boyfriend. Shouldn't that be reversed?

There was a cough from behind us and I jumped, bumping heads with Caleb.

"Ouch," I mumbled and rubbed my head.

"Really man, really?" Caleb asked, his voice dimmed, and I could tell he had turned to face the door.

"Yeah really," Blake's voice responded, "You've got work to do remember. Having all the humans in the house requires some debriefing.

"We go to high school, do we really need to cover this?" he sighed.

"I don't make the orders, you know that."

"Yeah, okay. I'll be there in a sec," he said. Blake left and Caleb muttered something.

"Wha―" I was cut off by Caleb's lips on the crown of my head. He left quickly and silently, and I sat stunned into silence once more with a sweet feeling polled in the pit of my belly. This wasn't normal behavior for the Caleb species. Not normal at all.

And so I did what any teenage girl would do when confronted with a strange social exchange. I asked Gypsy.

"You're sure you're talking about my brother?" she checked.

"Yes Gypsy for the last time it was definitely him. I might not be able to see but I can still use my other senses."

"He seemed completely normal to me. I don't see him with you but I seem him with other girls and trust me nothing's changed." I bristled a little at that and she responded with, "and this is why I keep asking if it’s him."

"It's freaks me out too," I mumbled. "Can you tell him to stop acting like a nice guy if he's gonna go for any girl when I'm not there, and don't tell him it's from me."

"Of course."

"And could you also get me a glass of ice? I need something to pour down my shirt," I groaned.

"Umm… sure," she said, and I heard her leave.

A moment later a knock sounded at the door and Heather, Johnny, and Keagan piled in harassing each other.

"So," Heather announced, "I think we need to have a family meeting."

I didn't have anything to say so I waited for them to settle in and I heard Flapjacks come into the room and snuggle up to Johnny.

"So I'll start by saying that Johnny will be my legal son in about three months," Heather began. I knew that if that was the starting point there would be some big news coming later. Johnny gasped and gave her a hug and Heather broke free of his bear-like grip to continue. "That means he will be coming to live with me and we'll both have to start working so we can rent an apartment because you cannot stay in my dorm."

"Damn no college girls," Johnny muttered and we all laughed when Heather smacked him upside the head.

"No college girls. Continuing, to our main topic of discussion," she said in a very formal manner, "we need to discuss your living situation Eden."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

398 44 35
Four years. It's been four years since Mason has disappeared. Four years that Alaina has led their pack. Four years of raising their daughter. Four y...
102K 1.4K 13
Charlotte's peculiar nature often keeps others at bay, resulting in few friendships. Orphaned at a young age, she found comfort in her grandmother, h...
1.1M 41.7K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
12.7K 418 29
*****GIRLXGIRL***** Lea feels a connection to wolves. One wolf in particular. The one wolf with grey eyes that could be found in the woods behind her...