QUARTET ALLIANCE: LEND A HAND...

ะ’ั–ะด myjflower_101

"๐—œ๐—ณ ๐—œ ๐˜๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—บ๐—ฒ, ๐˜„๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚... ะ‘ั–ะปัŒัˆะต

Prologue
Chapter 1: Way out
Chapter 2: Donuts
Chapter 3: Slow Brandy Words
Chapter 4: Don't Believe Me
Chapter 5: You've Seen It
Chapter 6: Rich Cousin
Chapter 7: New Disaster
Chapter 8: First Blaze
Chapter 9: Second Blaze
Chapter 10: Memorandum
Chapter 11: Friends
Chapter 12: Library
Chapter 13: Cognize My Sadness
Chapter 14: Rising Restlessness
Chapter 15: We're Not in Love
Chapter 16: Beg No Avail
Chapter 17: Word Of Honor (Horror)
Chapter 18: False Incrimination
Chapter 19: Inner Clash
Chapter 20: Dangerous Throwback
Chapter 21: Enclose a Beginning
Chapter 22: Trapped bars and feelings
Chapter 23: Blague
Chapter 24: D.I.M 2
Chapter 25: Royal Scheme
Chapter 26: Traitor
Chapter 27: Micheal
Chapter 28: Divulge A Mystery
Chapter 29: Random Ransom
Chapter 30: Hope
Chapter 31: Piping Blather
Chapter 32: Exchange
Chapter 33: Depraved Affection
Chapter 34: The Wrong Heir to the Throne
Chapter 35: Insentient Love
Chapter 36: Pressurized Snow
Chapter 37: Haunting Progress
Chapter 38: Helpless
Chapter 39: Garden of Myths
Chapter 40: Lie to me
Chapter 41: Unruly Inferior
Chapter 42: A Year
Chapter 43: Traitor In a Dilemma
Chapter 44: World Disasters
Chapter 45: Killing Machine
Chapter 47: Progress
Chapter 48: One Team
Chapter 49: This Isn't You
Chapter 50: Rekindling Connections
Chapter 51: Buried Truths
Chapter 52: Verdict of Fury
Chapter 53: The Pendant
Chapter 54: Welcome Back Micheal
Chapter 55: My Name
Chapter 56: Risk
Character Q&A: Getting to Know the Cast
Character Q&A: Your Questions Answered
Chapter 57: Tension
Chapter 58: The Retrial
Chapter 59: Cutie
Chapter 60: Stirrings Of The Soul
Chapter 61: Sealed It
Chapter 62: Only You Babe
Chapter 63: Stay Away
Chapter 64: Deceptive Royal Guard

Chapter 46: King of Veracity

10 2 22
ะ’ั–ะด myjflower_101

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

10:03 A.M

– Castle –

As much of a shocking blow it was to have your body trembling, leaking blood and sweat owing to some handy work of someone you thought loved you, it still somehow felt like an unfailing, continuous routine for Cesal. It didn't feel like the first time at all. In fact, it felt familiar. Like a constant routine that happened more than he would ever like to admit.

He fixed his glare right into the heterochromatic eyes that were boring into him even though every fiber inside him was screaming at him not to. It felt wrong and probably was, but he couldn't bring himself to care anymore. He just couldn't grasp what it was that fueled this sudden urge to defy the authority and dominance of the hindrance loaded with commands or just anything thrown at him from the devil-like royalty in-front of him.

He felt confused. Very. And wasn't sure what this inner turmoil was or when it even sparked to life. It was growing slowly, but very firm and bound to engulf his whole being and purpose in ruthless flames of realization. And then he couldn't recognize the man in-front of him with the abrupt drift of his mindset.

But, then he found himself not caring at all. He didn't want to scream or cry or fight back—and not because he had chose to give up. He just never wanted to try. He just wanted to be still. He just wanted to watch it all unfold. Unfold until it lead him to the last moment which he will gladly accept.

All the wounds and injuries fell on a numb body as he couldn't find in him to feel the ache. He just wanted to see what the prince would do next. He just wanted to focus on him. Pour all of the remaining strength he had into that, but he couldn't because his lungs were screaming and his throat was dry as he tried to gain as much air as possible.

At that point, the pathetic attempts were put to a stop as the prince's merciless hand wrapped around his neck without warning.

"You've finally figured it out, huh? I can see it all assessing in your brain. I can see everything," Veldra taunted as he watched his underling struggle mentally more than anything.

Cesal didn't try to remove the obstruction of his supply of oxygen. His arms laid limp either side of him and his hands were deprived of sensation til his fingertips—fingertips that leaked heavy, heavy blood and doused the ground underneath with the red liquid.

For a second, he felt his mind go blank and all he could see was white. Then the moment after he realized it was because his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he couldn't figure out if he was losing consciousness or not. But he was sure that he wouldn't pass out. At least not now, not when Veldra was staring straight at him. Not when he had all of this unfamiliar attention and uncanny reaction.

"Y—you—-you're. Gon..g-gonna kill..me?" his words were pushed out in a weak gargle, managing to lift the corner of his busted, bloody lip in a lopsided, sad smile.

"I will," Veldra smiled back, pressing his thumb so hard into the boy's throat that he could feel his his last breath sink in, "I will," he repeated more darkly.

"I will kill this version of you, Cesal," the prince promised, his smile falling as his hands tightened and tightened more, expecting the blue haired boy to clutch onto them, to clutch onto his life.

But he wasn't.

Cesal's weak smirk never fell of his blood-soaked face. He didn't like feeling so numb and emotionless, but he also didn't like his eyes taking on a sheen of water and the tension building behind them. His view of the prince was blurring, just like his impression of him. He didn't know who he was anymore. He couldn't recognize the man in-front of him. He didn't know if he was the same prince that he was once oh so infatuated with.

And then the pain stopped.

Cesal's rigid body fell limp against the wall as his head slumped down. His blue hair appeared almost a dark violet with the blood draining from his head. It started trickling down his long bangs and down it dropped to Veldra's exposed wrists.

The prince removed his hands and stepped back, watching the now insensate boy collapse on the cold floor. As soon as his head hit the ground, blood started pooling everywhere. Veldra lips curled and his eyes widened slightly.

He looked down on his hands and stared at the fresh blood on them. Maybe he had gone too far. Veldra glanced up at Cesal once more and spotted tears that ran down the boy's face just as his eyes shut before. A faint voice inside his head told him that there was no way he was dead.

No way he was gone, just like that. But it was faint after all, and he couldn't really hear or pay attention to it. Not now at least. The prince found himself stepping back even more. The further he was, the easier he found it to breathe, and so he turned around, pulled his sleeves down and covered his arms with his cloak before hastily leaving the room, still unsure if he left the boy dead or alive.

—————

The prince walked fast through the hallways, pushing every guard or maid out of the way. His brows were furrowed and he was feeling feverish, not because he extinguished the consciousness of a traitor, but because he was thinking of how disorderly he must've looked right now. He needed to sit down and think. Figure out what his next step was.

If Cesal was really dead, he would have to find someone to replace him and provide them with the extracted powers. Make sure they never step out of line, not even once, because look what dismissing minor slip ups led to:

A traitor.

If there was anything the prince hated more that peasants, it would be traitors. He made the mistake of allowing Cesal to have his way and now he had to fix it.

How useless. After all this time, he couldn't even get rid of a measly woman. That would've been the breakthrough in Veldra's plan. He would've had Cicero right between his fingertips in no time and he would've won his stuipd game once and for all.

But, no.

Victory retraced a step when Cesal hesitated to slice that peasant's throat and now Veldra has to backtrack as well.

However, if Cesal was still alive, then he would have to adjust his corrupt mind again. This time, the boy would have no mind of his own, just whatever Veldra fed him, because the prince was sick of the hints of defiance and anything to do with it. With the new mindset, he would be just like a puppet—-an obedient robot and that would be perfect. But, deep down he wished he didn't come out alive.

After all, it was easier to eliminate the problem. And speaking of problems, he knew the huge source of this whole disaster and obstruction to his plan.

Slater Stygian.

If he could just get his hands dirty and full with his brother's blood, then all of this would be over. He could just....kill him. Simple as that.

Veldra was becoming more restless anyways. He was dreading sitting on the throne just to think of a dexterous master plan on how to take down his brother and rule the world, how he wanted to, every single time. He was fed up with this constant defiance and he has had just about enough. He didn't want love and respect. He never did.

All he wanted was fear. He didn't want people to look up at him with admiration, but downright terror and fright, knowing he killed, and knowing he was a murder and manipulator. The more he imagined it, the more he fell in love with this image of himself. And so it didn't matter if he just murdered Slater right in front of everyone. He would just be making a point crystal clear.

Just as he was pushing and pretty much shoving everyone and anyone out of his way, He was met with an unmoving body, causing him to bump onto the weight in-front of him. Veldra stepped back to see who dared to not move out of his way.

Calculating, blue eyes were the first thing he noticed.

"Where are you off to in such a rush, lil' bro?"

Veldra sighed. Again, speaking of problems.

"Get out of my face," the words came through gritted teeth as he glared at his older brother with loathe.

"Oh, what's that? Blood?" Slater ducked his head, an inquisitive look covering his face as he stared at Veldra's sleeves that slowly absorbed the blood on his arms, "Are you bleeding?" his eyes trailed, closely and then dilated slightly, an almost unnoticeable beam forming on his face.

"Move," he clenched his jaw hard, eyes burning with hatred.

"You don't look like you're in pain," Slater moved his face away and tilted his head to the side, an annoying move that always irked Veldra for some reason, "Right then, I'll leave you to it."

"Anyways, that old lady begged me to come over here for another important meeting and there's some on your face as well, so you might wanna wash off Cesal's blood nicely—

Slater's shoulder faced a sudden seize and a deadly glare engulfed his attention.

"You think this is a joke?" Veldra's fingers dug into the fabric of Slater's blazer tightly causing the blood to rub off on the material. When he was getting no response other than Slater raising both his brows, he pulled him closer forcefully.

Then a hit came quicker than he could've expected— a drastic blow to where Veldra's hand was originally fisted, just missing his neck. The older brother almost lost his balance, but he wasn't floored. It was gonna take a lot more than that.

He looked back up to where Veldra stood with clenched fists.

"Resorting to violence, Vel? Really?" Slater walked closer slowly, shaking his head, "You got blood on my beautiful attire."

He couldn't stand him. No more patience.

And so his fist moved quickly and landed a teeth crunching punch right on Slater's face.

His older brother's face snapped back so hard that he did, indeed, fall down this time.

His hand covered his mouth that was flowing blood like a fountain and he wasn't entirely sure it was all his.

He got up hurriedly before returning the favor the exact way. His breath quickened. He was more alert.

The younger prince didn't slow down either. He blocked the hits. Counterattacked himself.

Slater fed him punch after punch. Almost disfigured his brother. His small smirk widened into a maniacal smile.

"You know how fights between siblings go," Slater started, a death grip on Veldra's jaw as he spoke.

Before Veldra had time to grimace at that, his head fell victim to the firm, polished wall to his left. He would've gotten up, but everything was spinning.

Including the hazy vision of Slater wiping the blood on his mouth with the back of his hand, and picking up the metal stick that belonged to Veldra off the floor.

He didn't know if he felt the thunderous impact of the stick on his head, causing him to pass out because of the last thing he heard: the indistinct, far, far voice of Slater ending his previous sentence with:

"Older siblings always win."

——————-

Slater sent a warning glare to one of the workers, who looked like they were about to run over to the scene.

He turned to the maids nearby with a smile that would've been so charming if it wasn't for the smudged blood, "Don't worry, guys. This is just a small altercation between siblings. Don't help him just yet," he kicked Veldra's head lightly to the side.

He spat out some blood saliva to the side before swinging the stick over his shoulder and walking away, taking his leisure as he passed by different parts of the castle.

Then he was standing in-front of a huge door with two guards at either side of it.

Slater disregarded the both of them before trying to walk inside.

But, it wouldn't be so easy.

The guards pulled out their long sharp weapons and pointed it towards the elder Stygian brother.

"Your Royal Highness, No one is allowed entry, unless permitted by his highness, Prince Veldra."

"Why?"

"It's the rules, your high—"

"Move aside," Slater said, "That's an order."

The guards looked evidently hesitant, "But—" one of them started.

"Are you defying me?"

"No, your highness."

He was let in almost immediately after that. The prince looked around the dim room before he spotted exactly who he was searching for.

"Amazing," he whispered under his breath as he watched Cesal wrap a white bandage around his arm, almost covering all of his skin. The boy had his back to Slater, and the prince blinked in surprise when he spoke.

"What are you here for?"

Slater almost scoffed, but he held back, "I didn't realize you were this strong. Taking a fatal beating, then getting up in a short span of time."

Cesal hummed as a response, tapping his foot on the floor rhythmically. Small splashes could be heard as he was standing in a pool of blood.

"Is that your blood?"

"Mmhm," the blue haired boy finally turned around when he was finished bandaging both of his arms. His neck seemed to have been wrapped as well.

His face was bruised very badly. And the prince didn't know if he would've recognized the boy in the dark room if he didn't hear his voice earlier.

Purple and black covered Cesal's now almost unrecognizable face. One of his eyes seemed to be involountarily shut, the swollen flesh around it closing in to it. his lips were bloody and Slater couldn't tell if it was because they were busted or his teeth were knocked out of place. Either way, he looked horrendous.

"I'm sure you'll at least want to hear me talk," Slater argued, "I'll be in the garden."

With that, he exited the room, leaving Cesal to ponder over his words like he always did. And one thing for sure, the blue haired boy always listened in the end.

And so, he found himself in the garden, sitting next to the older Stygian brother in silence, that stretched between them for a long while.

Cesal looked at the beautiful flowers and trees that he always used to water and take care of with Aria long ago. Long ago, when things were perfect.

Or they seemed to be.

His mind still seemed to have a hard time coming to terms with reality. He didn't like it one bit. Reality was a scary thing led by awful people. It wasn't sweet, or anything. It had no taste. It was just horrible and hard to swallow like a handful of coarse sand. He felt so stuipd and blind for not even considering what Veldra's power could've been. All he knew was that he was a powerful man.

"He's a monster, isn't he?" Slater's voice disturbed Cesal's thoughts, and before Cesal could even open his mouth to answer, "he destroys and ruins beautiful things."

"He's selfish," the prince continued to say, "Heartless."

"Did you want me to sit here and listen to you talk shit?" Cesal asked.

Slater chuckled before he turned to face Cesal, "Technically, yes, but, there's more important things."

"Just so you know, Veldra wouldn't hesitate to kill us both if he finds out," Cesal gripped his knees as he looked down, his face in a persistent frown.

"So, I get that you're on my side now?" Slater raised his brows and watched the boy for a moment.

Cesal blinked and looked up to find the prince's eager blue eyes staring at him. He couldn't believe that he and Veldra were blood related siblings. It was a crazy concept and a dangerous one too at that.

"I don't know, like, why are you even bothering? There's no reason for you to help me. I'm not the best person out there." Cesal looked away and shrugged.

"That's not right. I think you meant the person Veldra created with his mindcontrol wasn't the best out there. But, I'm talking to you right now. Look, you don't have to do anything for the most part, not until Cicero Sager arrives with your sister," Slater urged.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we should fake your death."

What?

Cesal looked at Slater incredeuosly, only getting a slow nod as confirmation for his shocking request.

"You can't be serious."

"Why wouldn't I be?" Slater leaned back on the bench and crossed his arms, "Hm?"

"Because that's not---" Cesal ruffled his hair in frustration, "It's not possible."

"Let me give you the bigger picture then," the prince placed his foot over his knee, "If you die, Veldra will get busy trying to find a replacement. He will lose focus over my plan. We can move faster and get Cicero and Aria back here. That's when you show yourself and fight alongside us. It will defintely throw Veldra off and we will have a higher chance of winning."

Cesal nodded in understanding, "Makes sense."

"And if you don't die, then you'll just be throwing yourself in the same loop of pain and confusion. Veldra won't go easy on you at all. Trust me, it is about time you switch sides," Slater leaned in as a smile grew on his face, "I'll treat you better."

Cesal scoffed and shook his head, "I have no reason to believe that."

"I don't beat up people who are on my side."

"That's because no one is on your side," Cesal bit back.

"You sure?"

"Hundred percent."

"Wow," Slater tapped a finger on his knee, "You in, though, right?"

"Perhaps."

"Yes or no?"

"Maybe. You need to convince me."

"Aria will like you a lot better."

Cesal paused for a moment, "Fine."

"That's what I like to hear," Slater stood up before dusting off his clothes, "I have a potion that will knock you out for about five hours. It should be enough for when you get checked and put in a coffin. While they're busy setting up the funeral, I'll send in one of my workers to get you out and replace your body with rocks instead. Meet me at this same spot and I'll have Neldo check your wounds."

Cesal stood up after him, "Got it. Where's the potion?"

"Here," Slater dug into the inside pocket of his blazer and pulled out a small glass bottle, "Drink it as soon as you get in. It hits you immediately, that's why."

Cesal collected the bottle after Slater handed it to him. He observed it for a moment before looking up at Slater, "Are you going to tell Aria that I'm on your side now?"

Slater blinked. He never saw such a hopeful look on Cesal's face. It seemed like the only thing he cared about was his sister, "Yeah, I'll do that."

"Okay, then. See ya," Cesal turned around to walk away, but Slater spoke once more.

"It's your highness to you," Slater frowned, trying to hide a smile as he mocked a certain someone.

"Pfft," Cesal rolled his eyes sarcastically, "You've got jokes."

"Plenty."

ะŸั€ะพะดะพะฒะถะธั‚ะธ ั‡ะธั‚ะฐะฝะฝั

ะ’ะฐะผ ั‚ะฐะบะพะถ ัะฟะพะดะพะฑะฐั”ั‚ัŒัั

1.2M 54.7K 74
"Our universe grants every soul a twin -- a reflection of themselves -- the kindred spirit -- And no matter where they are or how far away they are f...
121 8 2
Is it true that there will always be someone who can light up someone's world when you're on your darkest days of your life or is it just a simple an...
Everything ะ’ั–ะด grace

ะคะตะฝั‚ะตะทั–

2.1K 271 66
Something more than normal teenagers struggles. It would have been easier to have everyday problems rather than these... ...
313K 13.1K 77
Saiki Kusuo once said to himself, "I am the world's unhappiest man who has had everything snatched away since the moment of my birth." But what happe...