Rimuru and Iruma's Adventures...

By mu1622

A bored Rimuru Tempest accompanies Diablo when he goes to meet with an old friend in the Netherworld. What wi... More

Boredom
Welcome to the Netherworld
The Meeting
A Private Chat
Iruma's Story & A Talk With Sullivan
Preparations
The Entrance Ceremony
First Day Familiars
Meeting Clara
The Misfit Class
Encounter With Ameri
An Eventful Evening
Ambitions
Training
Execution Cannonball / The Duel
The Rookie Hunt
A Sticky Situation
Kiriwo's True Ambition
Why Are There Two? / The Others' Perspectives
The Day of the Party
Interactions With the Misfits
Wrapping the Party Up
The Student Council
The Concert
Covering for Kuromu
The Performance
Found Out
Demands and Doubts
Staying and Leaving
Return to Tempest
Exploring the Monster Country
Potential Problems
The People of Tempest
The Dinner Party
Consequences
Hinata's History Lesson
Rimuru's Student
Talking With Leon/Gobta's 2nd Chance
Someone has stolen both my books...
Schemes & Swords
Departure
Waiting for Walpurgis
Final Preparations
This is Walpurgis?
Beluran's Arrogance
Hard Lessons
Banquet and Discussions
Post-Walpurgis Discoveries
Tensions Between Twins
Alikred's Appearance
Explanations
Ameri's Affliction
Investigation Initiation
Delving Into Circumstances
Dissolution Dilemma
Case Closed
Ciel in Control [Bonus Chapter]
Iruma's Other Side
Mischief-Making Misfits
Coming Together
The Quest Concludes
Assisting the Student Council
Babylshenanigans [Bonus Chapter]
Nuisances
A Small Problem
Tattle and Tale
Mommy Issues
Exams
Having a Nice Time
Misfit Visits
Walter Park
Wacky Walter Antics
Wacky Walter Antics 2: The Wackening
The Depths of Depravity
Kaiju Chaos
Culling Kaiju
O Frabjous Day
Henri's Headache
Hotel Hijinks
Unwanted Attention
Into the Hubbub Forest
Traveling Trips
Tour Around Town
Catching Up
Festival Fun
Banquet Banter
Tempest Christmas Tales [Holiday Special]
Party and Politics
Talks, Walks, and Water Glocks
Love & War
Aquamarine Blue
Work & Play
Problems With Children
Your Name Is...
The Blue Trees of Jura
Code: S.L.I.M.E. (Prologue)
Pressure
Back to Babyls
Horny Beach (This ain't no lemon you hub-surfin' pervs)
Trainin' Hell
Pushing Yourself
Arrow Near The Knee
Having a Baal
Souls Aren't on the Menu... THIS Time
When The Nether Freezes Over
A Trial of Terror
End of the Festival
A Legendary Score
A Taxing Time Relaxing
Adorable Ego Death (Bonus Chapter)
Paint the Town Red

Impending Election

3.3K 154 114
By mu1622

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Iruma POV

I step outside the room, relaxing a little after my conversation with Ameri. My heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest, all of the tension and anxiety I was holding in without realizing is hitting me all at once. I stumble away from the door to the room I was just in, wanting to get away from there since Ameri will be coming out at any moment. I need a few minutes to process what just happened so I walk a good distance away, turn a corner, slump against the wall, and sigh.

What even was all that?

I'm still confused about what exactly happened in there. I just acted on my instincts and said and did what I thought was right, but now after the fact, I feel weird about how all of that went down.

The expressions Ameri made; the way she took my hand without hesitation; and that embarrassing moment when I held her face. All of it just feels kinda fuzzy now and not completely real, much like a dream.

I got way too touchy with Ameri...what I did a minute ago was even worse than Ronove when he touched her hair... I'm lucky she didn't slap me for doing that! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I feel my cheeks and ears turn hot as the embarrassment wells up in my chest. I wouldn't be surprised if steam was coming out of my ears right now.

"Smooth move, Iruma-boy!" a familiar voice chimes in from below.

I look down at my right arm and see Ali standing on the back of my hand, staring at me with a sly look in his singular eye.

"Huh? Oh, it's you Ali...what do you mean by 'smooth move'?" I ask.

"You've finally gotten your girl to confess to you! ~Congratulations~!" Ali cheers as he flies right in front of my face.

"Th-that wasn't a confession! Sh-she j-just wanted me to stay by her s-side...as a f-friend!" I sputter out, once again most likely blushing like an idiot since my face feels just as hot as it did a moment ago, if not even worse. But, I quickly calm and reassure myself internally, knowing that he's most likely just teasing me.

Yes...there's no way Ameri meant what she said in a romantic way...she's (normally) bold enough that she would've said something before if she had feelings for me.

"Hehe...if you say so, kiddo, but from what I saw and heard back there, I don't see it that way." Ali chirps back, nudging my shoulder with his elbow as he floats to my side.

"...is that the only reason you popped out?"

"Oh, no, not at all, I have some information for you about that ~nasty~ spell that's affecting Miss Azazel," Ali says, floating back over to just in front of my face, but this time not getting as close.

"Information? I thought you couldn't do anything about it." I reply, a little confused that he has more to say after telling me that he can't do anything about the spell before.

"Yes, that still stands, but I might as well give you a little tidbit that might ease your nerves about the whole situation. That spell...it's almost broken; the tangle of magic is only hanging by a single thread. That became evident as I watched you two interact just now." Ali explains confidently.

"Hanging by a...thread? What's keeping it intact then?" I ask curiously.

"Well...spells affect every person a little differently, but I suspect it's some kind of mental hang-up that has snagged the spell and is keeping it in effect." Ali continues.

"A mental hang-up...huh?" I mutter.

"Yes, maybe she wants to stay like that...for you, but that is just a guess on my part. She seemed alright with staying the way she currently is if you wanted her to; that's my reasoning." Ali ponders.

"Wait, what?!"

"Well...Miss Azazel did say almost exactly that, Iruma-boy!" he adds.

"Ameri did say that didn't she...but I told her to do what she wants and I'll stay with her either way." I clarify, trying to shut down where Ali is trying to go with this.

If that was the case, then the spell would've broken when I told Ameri that I don't want her to stay like this.

"'Stay with her' hmmm...?" Ali asks, seemingly smirking at me despite not having a mouth.

"As her friend!" I insist.

Ali lazily retreats back into the ring, still chuckling to himself as he does.

"It's getting late...I should get back to the dorms..." I mutter to myself.

The sun was already setting when I met with Ameri and by looking out a window nearby. I can tell that it was now definitely time to start settling in for the night.

Grandpa has been pretty upset that I've been staying here the last couple of nights; he keeps calling and texting me, wanting to know if I'm alright and sleeping well. Rimuru has also not been coming home, apparently, but she hasn't been sleeping in the dorms either. I guess she hasn't been sleeping then, not that she needs it though.

Tomorrow is the election so I'm quite nervous, but there isn't much else I can do at this point. I really do think things will turn out alright after the conversation I had with Ameri, in combination with Rimuru's reassurances and Ali's explanation that the spell is on the verge of wearing off. This means I should be able to sleep peacefully and not be kept up by my worries about it, hopefully.

But that's, unfortunately, the case since inside I'm still dwelling on the entire mess, worried about what is gonna happen tomorrow. I have faith in Ameri, I believe Ali and Rimuru's words, I know that either way, things will work out and I'll live with it but I'm still anxious!

As I lay in the somewhat-unfamiliar bed in the dorms, my head buzzes with potential outcomes for tomorrow, along with pondering the real meaning behind Ameri's words.

**Earlier**

Rimuru POV

A crowd has already gathered around Ronove and me, annoying me some since I didn't want to draw tons of attention when grabbing him for interrogation. It seems unavoidable now, though.

I could actually use this, now that I think about it.

After all my years as a demon lord, I know how to lead a crowd in the direction I want. Basic public speaking skills paired with charm and charisma; those are talents I've cultivated over those couple of decades.

I'm not exactly very invested in the election itself, but part of me wants to tell this boy off and expose some of his bullshit to his followers. There's just something about him that really gets under my skin and makes me want to give him a lecture.

"Why don't we have this chat in front of everyone? A debate between us two for everyone to see!" Ronove proposes in a grand tone, seemingly on the same page as me, or at least partly.

By his expression, he seems sure of his win already without knowing much about me at all. Verbally ripping apart this nincompoop's dumb ideas and empty promises should be a total breeze for me. But, I'm not going to agree outright and give him the satisfaction of getting what he wants without some resistance.

"Why would I do that? I'm trying to find out who cast that spell, not put on a show for all your little fans." I quip back.

"But think about the benefits! I know that you are against my dethroning of the current Student Council President, but if you ~somehow~ manage to convince the crowd with your points, that would benefit your cause, yes?" Ronove asks, continuing to try to tempt me, fully unaware that I've already decided what I'm going to do.

"That would be quite the gamble though, especially for you." I retort, shrugging.

"I am well aware of that fact!" Ronove proudly responds.

I'll go a bit easy on him since he's just a kid, but not easy enough that he can get away completely. He is the one who suggested this 'debate' so I'll teach him not to jump into things like this with no preparation.

"Fine, Ronove. You can have a public debate with me." I say with a smile, making it seem like he persuaded me.

"~Splendid~!" Ronove says, giving me a wide smile, his already inflated ego growing further by thinking he talked me into this.

So, Ronove and I ended up standing on that stage he had set up earlier. While we were walking together to get there, the crowd Ronove drew in initially only grew further along the way. I can tell that he's using his attention-grabbing magic in full because almost everyone at least turned their heads to him when we passed them.

I decided to let him say his piece first since I'd rather rip apart his points than try to make my own right off the bat.

"There have been some ~nasty~ rumors circulating around Babyls and I'd like to state that I have done nothing at all to Ameri Azazel. My only motivation is to ~fabulously~ bring my vision of fun and enjoyment to this wonderful school and all my fellow students here." Ronove says with a flourish, marching around the stage while he talks.

"I wish to end the tyranny that Miss Azazel has ruled over Babyls with for the years she has been in charge. Instead, let us all indulge in our wishes and desires in a new age of Ronove!" he continues, posing for the mass of students gathered at the foot of the stage.

Ronove goes on and on about more insane ideas he's cooked up for the school, most of them absolutely ridiculous. All of them seem to be purely for entertainment, nothing even the least bit useful for learning. I watch and listen calmly, simply observing his points and concocting counters to them.

"His ideas are so wack that someone could write a fanfiction about the school just from this...I mean, where else would stuff like this actually become reality?" I mutter to myself while Ronove continues to butter up the students with his utter nonsense.

[[...]]

Ciel seemed like she was about to say something, but stopped herself.

Ciel?...wait...why am I suddenly feeling like I'm being watched? I know there is a large crowd watching me right now, but this feeling is somehow different. I can't put my finger on exactly how, but it is.

[[...]]

Ciel? What's going on? Why aren't you answering?

[[N-nothing you need to w-worry about, Master.]]

No, something is definitely going on. What's this feeling I'm getting like someone is secretly watching me right now?

[[...]]

Ciel? Answer me, please!

[[D-don't worry M-master...just ignore it-t...]]

C'mon, Ciel, if something is wrong, just tell me!

[[...nothing, Master...n-nothing is wrong.]]

Fine, don't tell me...

Ciel just sounded very nervous for a moment there, even stuttering a little. She seems to be hiding something from me, but I'll just have to trust her. I'll have to believe that if Ciel says nothing's wrong, nothing's wrong. She wouldn't lie to me if there was some kind of threat to my safety that I needed to know about.

That strange feeling is persisting, though. Like someone, or possibly multiple people are watching me closely, reading my thoughts, and waiting to see what I'll do next...creepy...what kind of person would want to watch me this intensely? Some weirdo, I'd bet.

I shake my head a little, trying to dismiss the unsettling feeling and it quickly fades. Breathing a sigh of relief (with Ciel doing the same), I finally address Ronove's words.

Facing the crowd, just like Ronove was, I open my mouth and channel my 'leader persona' that I put on back home; not using flowery wording for things, just putting on an air of confidence. I have to be in the right frame of mind to properly face a large crowd since I'm not the best at giving speeches by nature. My skill at that comes purely from practice and experience over the years, not inherent talent.

"Are all of you really going to fall for this nonsense? You do realize that Ronove's words are all fluff and no substance. He can't make changes like that, the authority the Student Council President is given doesn't stretch that far! We all want to have fun in our lives; I know that as a fellow student, but this is a school, not an amusement park like Ronove wants to be! Babyls will never be that; that's reality due to the nature of this place." I say sternly to the crowd of students that was filled with excitement from what Ronove said.

I seem to have grabbed their attention at least, despite Ronove still pumping out that annoying 'Charisma' magic he possesses.

"How could you say that I cannot achieve what I've said? I will say again, for the student body I will be my best Ronove! I will try my very best to make all of your dreams become our reality!" Ronove interrupts, not giving me the same courtesy of silence that I did him.

"Just trying your best is not enough when you are responsible for a group of people, Ronove." I retort coolly.

"The prospect of fun and freedom is better than the tyranny of the current President. While I have the opportunity, I need to seize the school's authorities to carry out my wonderful visions of what Babyls can and should be!" Ronove continues, grinning.

I quickly respond, "Freedom is great, I value it too, but I'm sure you've all noticed that things have been getting chaotic recently? The increased fights and vandalism happening? That is what happens when order isn't maintained well enough, and that's only because some jerk used magic on President Ameri. This is temporary, though, so we shouldn't let that affect our decision in this election. She may not be capable right now, but spells like the one used on her wear off. I believe that if Ronove takes her place, this same chaos will only get worse under him."

"Chaos is just another term for fun! We are all demons, a little chaos is healthy for us!" Ronove haughtily declares in his defense.

"Yes, but you should only take that 'chaos' so far!" I retort.

The crowd mutters to each other, debating between mine and Ronove's words.

I understand their viewpoints, I really do. I've caused chaos in the past (unintentionally though) to the point where I've gotten a nickname for my actions. All because I did what I wanted and didn't look back. But, kids like them, they can't be allowed to do whatever they want. They aren't aware of all the consequences of their choices.

So, I take a deep breath and continue.

"I get it; President Ameri can be harsh, but that's not necessarily a bad thing all the time. I agree that she shouldn't be so aggressive and domineering, but at least she keeps things peaceful."

I don't fully agree with Ameri's methods, but in this case, she's definitely the better choice so I need to sing her praises a little at least.

"But in her current state, that isn't reality. Miss President is completely incompetent right now. How can we know that she will go back to the way she was?" Ronove questions with a smile peeling across his lips. He's leaned in close again, getting his face uncomfortably close to my own.

"Spells wear off; she will go back to normal soon," I reply with a shrug, turning away from the boy that's invading my personal space.

"Yes, back to the ruthless tyrant she was!" he responds.

"That's better than the carnival you want to turn the school into!" I snap.

"~OoOOooh~...a ~carnival~! What a delightful suggestion!" Ronove says with a grin, seemingly getting more incredibly stupid ideas from my wording.

What a clown...

I roll my eyes and direct my attention back to the crowd.

"Think for a moment what would happen if Ronove got his way; if tests were no longer a thing; if classes were allowed to be skipped; if rules, in general, were removed. Nobody would learn anything. The whole point of us all being here would be moot. What would your parents think too? They're all invested in your futures, so if school became useless outside of you simply enjoying yourself, how would they feel about you attending? Don't you get it; that actions like that have consequences?" I ask vehemently, and my intensity seems to really be getting to them, judging by their reactions

Ronove scowls a little, looking annoyed that I'm actually getting through to people that were formerly convinced by his bullshit. He flares out his 'Charisma' magic, even more, trying to get the attention focused on him and his words again.

"I still don't understand why you're so against my grand plans! I have a vision that will make everyone so much happier; fun and pleasure would reign supreme and everyone would be able to do what they please! That includes you, of course, so why must you oppose me?" Ronove whines in a pleading tone, realizing his grip on the crowd is slipping.

"Let me tell you a little story. You see, I...um, a good friend of mine is similar to you in some ways; big dreamer with ideas most people think are crazy. He doesn't like to listen to anyone telling him he can't or he shouldn't; doing what he wants, how he wants, when he wants. Building his version of a 'paradise' whether he has people doubting him or not. This friend has a saying, though; one I think you should hear. 'Ideals without power to back them up are just idle daydreams and power without ideals is just empty.' This is where you are different from my friend; you may have the ideals, but they are nothing but fantasy since you lack the power to back them up. My friend doesn't throw impossible ideas out there like you do, he instead watches his words carefully and only promises what he actually has the power to achieve."

There's a pause for a moment before Ronove responds.

"Who is this 'friend' anyway?" Ronove asks, not really addressing what I just said, probably because he doesn't know how. He's been getting progressively more flustered and frustrated ever since I started talking and this seems to be his breaking point.

"Nobody you know or will ever meet," I say, shrugging off his question.

"Hmph. I bet this person doesn't even exist! Also, I, the great Ronove Romiere, need not be lectured any longer by you!" Ronove replies aloofly, sneering at what I just said.

Yup. He's had enough.

"Let me finish my point at least," I say sternly.

Ronove looks torn for a moment, but the crowd still has their eyes all trained on me. In what I think is probably a move to recover what sliver of dignity he has left after I turned many people away from his side, he lets me finish.

"Fine! I shall allow it!" he says reluctantly.

Now addressing the crowd, I continue.

"As I was saying, not having the power to back up his words is Ronove's main problem. He may talk big and use flowery enticing language to get you on his side, but he doesn't have the ability to follow through on what he offers. Please keep that in mind when the election happens tomorrow."

Ronove can't even muster up a response to that. He's already said all that he can.

Having had enough of all of this, I step down from the stage and gesture for Ronove to follow me. I still need to question him, after all.

Pouting since he didn't come out on top as he expected, Ronove shuffles off the stage defeatedly and follows me through the hallways to be questioned about his potential involvement in what was done to Ameri.

His two fangirls try to follow, but I tell them no. They whine and shout and complain, but I don't care. I have a job to do and I don't need two annoying teenage Ronove-yes-girls defending him while I'm trying to extract information from him.

**A Few Hours Later**

That was terribly unproductive...

I knew it was unlikely that Ronove was the one who sprayed Ameri, but I thought I could at least get some information out of him. Instead, he spent most of the questioning moping and pouting, barely responding. I guess I crushed him too badly in that debate; I didn't realize he was so fragile. I'm sure he'll recover by tomorrow, though, with how inflated of an ego he has.

I did get one little lead out of Ronove though. Apparently, Ameri has a battler made for people that admire her, aka a 'fan club'. It doesn't sound like much at first, but a group of people with an obsession over a single person can act erratically. I, unfortunately, know this from personal experience. There's been a few times people have become infatuated with me or some of my executives and tried (and failed) to carry out elaborate plots to get pictures or items that belong to us, among some other things; nothing too damaging, but definitely not something I can allow.

I'm not sure why someone with an obsession with Ameri would cast the spell on her, but that doesn't mean that I'm not on the wrong track. Stalkers can do some pretty inexplicable things, so I need to look into these people.

It's late, though, and all but me and the Student Council members (and Iruma with them) are still at the school. I suppose some night staff is here too, but no other students so outside of records, I'll need to wait until tomorrow to investigate this fan club and its members.

Henri hasn't come back from analyzing that sample so I assume it's taking a while and he decided to pick up his part of the investigation in the morning. I don't blame him, he needs sleep, after all, unlike me.

Third Person POV

Sullivan paces back and forth in his home, worried since Iruma hasn't been home in days. Rimuru has been gone as well, but that doesn't worry him nearly as much.

This whole mess has drained him; the sudden dissolution election, the case of the Student Council President is affected by a complex spell, and even the Demon Security Police's Chief getting involved; all of it is just too much.

He personally doesn't need to do much about this with all the players involved, but that almost makes it worse since it leaves his mind idle. Sullivan has tried his best to focus on his normal work and try to help the teachers maintain order in his beloved school in the wake of the absence of a capable Student Council President. That girl really is the foundation of order among the students and her current condition has really shaken things up and caused unprecedented problems.

"Lord Sullivan, you should rest," Opera says to the frenzied old man pacing in his study.

"Thank you for the suggestion, Opera, but my head is too full to sleep right now. Maybe a cup of hell-gray tea would help?" he asks, mainly wanting to get his butler out of the room. Sullivan can tell that Opera is concerned for him despite his nearly emotionless face giving very little indication of what he's feeling.

Opera nods, getting the idea, then runs off to make the requested tea for Sullivan.

"What a mess I have on my hands, and yet I can do nothing about it..." Sullivan mutters, holding his head in his hand.

Any intervention on his part would only spark further issues. If he forcefully puts a stop to the election, the chaos that has already been brewing among the students could reach a boiling point and cause some serious destruction. Any attempt to remove the spell cast on the Student Council President could lead to dire consequences; Sullivan saw it for himself and that variety of magic is nigh impossible to remove forcefully. Lastly, any involvement in the investigation would just upset either Rimuru or Henri, if not both. Sullivan can deal with a little irritation from Henri Azazel, but Rimuru? He doesn't know how to deal with her completely.

Despite him not completely doubting the youthful-looking Demon Lord, the hints of a dark side to her have become more clear recently. If he were to anger such a person...well, he doesn't want to consider what might happen. It's unlikely that Rimuru would fly off the handle over her 'game' being interrupted, but Sullivan would rather acquiesce and allow her free reign over the investigation as he promised.

It's hard for someone considered one of the strongest demons in the Netherworld to experience powerlessness like Sullivan is right now, but he can deal with it. It really is the combination of being separated from his grandson and all of these other issues that are causing his discomfort, with the absent grandson being a large part of it.

Knowing that it will all be resolved in one way or another tomorrow, Sullivan chuckles to himself as he sips the tea made by his butler and close friend, trying not to worry about things he can't change. He will make sure to welcome Iruma back with open arms; perhaps throwing a party or some other thing he would enjoy.

Maybe we could go shopping for some new clothes? Or go buy some candy together? My precious grandson has always loved sweets...we could even get enough for him to share with his whole class! Oh, I really do miss him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3.2K 41
Rimuru Tempest, the King of the Tempest Federation Country, who is also a Slime as well as a member of the Octagram (Eight Star Demon Lord). 24...
140K 4.3K 42
Hello there I am Alice .. I work night shifts for those sex depressed guys! One day I die and get reincarnated in .. ? THAT TIME I GOT REINCARNATED A...
27.5K 741 12
When YGGDRASIL closed is servers, the famous guild of Ainz Ooal Gown is sent to another world (as the original story suggested). Little did they know...
192K 7.6K 61
After the four Primordials cause some problem within Tempest Nation, Rimuru decided to punish those four by sending them into earth See how the four...