Wish It Would Rain

By arandomuniverse

Adeline Wood just wants to graduate and move away from the men that claim to be her family after being in the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 43

995 20 0
By arandomuniverse

Aiden brought my bag to the car. He told me Oscar, Dawson, and Cole had left and would meet us at their house. The boys were still throwing things in their bags when Alec gets home and a few minutes later Axel got back from dropping off Taylor.

Alec was quickly caught up by Maggie and I. He packed a bag as well, and I realized I wasn't fully processing what was going on yet. I was going to Cole's house to stay there with my family.

Because my foster dad is trying to kill me.

Jeez, my life sucks.

Maggie hated it, but she had to leave. She had to go back to Tyler and her job. I wasn't her only priority and I knew that. So, I convinced her that while we were leaving she should too.

When we got to Cole's house, Marie runs out and gives me a quick hug. I awkwardly hugged her back while my brothers grabbed all the bags.

"How long are we going to be here?" Abel asks Aiden. Aiden glares at him, giving him a pointed look.

"Until it's safe." I press my lips together as Marie puts a hand on my arm.

"Lets get you all to some rooms," she says softly, and gives me an encouraging smile. I force a small smile in return. She brings us into the house and I smell the familiar smell that tells me Cole's already here.

She brings my brothers and I into a hallway in the house I hadn't seen before. She leans next to me and whispers to me. "Would you want to stay with him?" She whispers. I look at her with wide eyes. Cole's mom is asking me if I want to stay with him? I nod and she smiles a little at me, patting my arm a little.

"Abel, Axel, you two can have these rooms," she says, gesturing to the first doors on the left of the hall. The stairs that go back to the first floor is right next to the one Axel runs to. Then Abel, still looking annoyed, goes into the second room without a word.

She shows Aiden and Alec to their rooms, too and at that point I realized I wouldn't be in the same hallway as my brothers. She led me to a second hallway, and gestured to the room farthest down the hall on the right.

"That's Oscar and I's room. Cole's is just here, he's in there," she tells me. At this point I'd taken my own bag from Alec and nodded at her, the smile a little easier now.

"Thank you," I tell her. She smiles and gently nudges me towards the room, before walking away. I hesitate for a second. Should I just walk in? I mean... he's just climbed into my room plenty of times.

I decide to just walk in. Cole's room was big, a similar size to my own. He had windows all along the far wall that revealed a view of the forest I wasn't sure was actually real for a second. There seemed to be a little hall to the left wall next to the windows. But, in here, the walls were a dark gray, his bed was pushed against the left wall, there was two doors on the right wall, kind of like in my room. The doors were separated by a little table with a TV on it.

I looked around the room for a second. Cole wasn't in there. I placed my bag next to his bed before going to the little hall by the windows. I realized the room was much bigger than I thought. The hallway's right wall still had windows from floor to ceiling. The left had a bookshelf, that was basically empty.

It only took about ten steps to exit the hall again, and be in a little office-type room. Not the kind of thing you'd see in an average teenage boy's room.

Then again, I guess Cole isn't exactly your average teenage boy.

The room was filled with dark stained wood furniture. The far wall had more bookshelves, these were more filled. Some of the shelves had scrolls of what looked like maps, others had trinkets that I weren't sure what they actually were. In the middle, was a desk, and behind the desk, opposite the windows, was Cole's chair. The set up reminded me of Aiden's office. There were two brown leather chairs opposite Cole's side of the desk, the backs of the chairs to the windows.

Cole was sitting in his chair, staring down at some paper on his desk. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to interrupt him. I decided that after today, I didn't care. I walked over to him, and that finally caught his attention. He looked up and when he noticed it was me he stood up and put his hands on my waist, pulling me closer.

"I didn't realize you were here already," he says quietly. I smile slightly and drape my arms around his neck.

"Well, are you glad?" I ask, with a slight tease to my tone. He smiles at me, kissing my temple and holding me closer against him.

"You already know the answer to that," he says softly. I smile and turn my face more into his chest. "This isn't exactly the circumstances I thought would make you stay here," he says, and I can hear the smile in his voice. I pull back a little and raise an eyebrow.

"And what exactly did you think the circumstances would be?" I ask, and he smirks a little at me. He kisses me and puts a hand on my cheek. This felt like a better kiss. A kiss like we'd had this morning. He wasn't kissing me to comfort me or reassure me, he was just kissing me.

I smiled as he pulled away, still with the little smirk on his face. "I'm sure you can put pieces together," he says. I raise an eyebrow again, my smile growing a little.

"Oh, yeah?" He just smiles at me and gives me his special look. He presses his lips to mine again and I feel like I might explode. This is all I need.

My arms wrap tighter around his neck, and I feel his hand slip under my sweater, onto my side. I think I realize that he needs this too.

He backs me up a little, and I simply follow what he clearly wants me to do. I feel my back hit the wall in a matter of seconds, but his lips never leave mine. One of his hand was on the side of my neck, his thumb brushing my jaw.

In a second, he'd lifted me and I instinctively wrapped my legs around his waist. I hadn't expected him to lift me so suddenly and I gasped when he did, gripping onto his hair. He just deepened the kiss, undeterred. My fingers intertwined with his hair, trying to bring him impossibly closer.

With one hand still in his hair, my other travels through the back of his shirt, down his back. His reaction to the touch is pushing me further against the wall. He kisses my jaw, and I take in a gulp of air. He kisses my neck, and I have a feeling I'll have to get my makeup back out after this so Abel doesn't attempt murder.

I feel him lifting my shirt higher, but it's almost like he's unsure. For the first time since his lips met mine I sense hesitation. I tug on his hair a little. "Cole," I manage to breathe out. I make him look at me and smile a little, pressing my lips to his quickly. "It's okay," I mumble against his lips. He looks at me for a second and I see the small smirk playing at his lips. He pulls the sweater over my head within seconds.

It actually makes me giggle slightly how quick he was to pull it off. His eyes trail over me for a second. Now officially only in my jeans and a simple black bra. It was like he was trying to memorize how I looked. "Goddess, Addie," he mumbles. I smirk slightly and tilt my head a little, causing some of my hair to fall over my shoulder.

"Yes?" I ask teasingly. He meets my eyes again and he studies the way I'm looking at him for a second. "What? Nothing you want to say, do? I'd of thought-"

"Shut up and let me admire my mate for a second, alright?" He says, matching my smirk and cupping my neck again. I smirk slightly, combing my fingers through his hair.

"Done? 'Cause I'm kinda getting bore-" He cuts me off and kisses me again, wrapping his arm around my back and a second later I'm not against the wall anymore. He turns and then I'm sitting on his desk with him over me. I smile against his lips, and bring my hands down to the hem of his shirt now. I tug it up and he separates from me for a second to let me pull it off him.

Then his lips meet my neck again and I feel him press against me more. I press my hand against his chest, traveling to touch over his torso. I feel myself leaning back a little, and one of his hands leaves me for a second. Then I hear some crashing next to me and jump a little. I look over my shoulder to he he'd pushed the papers and a few other small things off his desk. I look at him again and he just smirks, leaning me back so my back's against his desk, his lips finding mine again.

His hand lands behind me, on the clasp of my bra. He separates from me for a second and before he can even ask, I nod and he smirks again. He kisses me and unclasps the bra, letting my back fall completely against the desk. His hands start to travel over my entire upper body.

Only when his hands start to mess with my waistband do I hear it.

I hear the door shut in the other room.

Cole pulls away slightly, his jaw clenched and rolling his eyes. I press my lips together and then peck his lips. He sighs and grabs his shirt off his chair. He kisses my cheek and mumbles against my skin, "Later." I smile slightly, nodding as I sit up, getting off his desk. He walks into his bedroom while I put my bra and sweater back on.

I halfheartedly attempt to fix my slightly messy hair before walking into the other room. Cole was talking to Dawson by the door when I walked over.

"The trackers are still following the scent, and Alpha Leo agreed to send his own hunters to attempt to corner him. But, he's masking his scent, Cole. His tracks are hidden, he's trained. We don't know where yet, but he's from a pack. He has to be, he has to much training." I listen to what Dawson says before he notices me in the corner of the room and awkwardly clears his throat. "We might have to resort to the plan I told you ab-"

"I told you that isn't happening, Dawson," Cole says, confusing me. A plan? He didn't tell me Dawson had a plan. If it was a plan to catch Tom, why wouldn't he do it? How bad could the idea be?

"Okay, just... think about it, alright?" Dawson says and glances at me again. He nods at me before leaving the room. I press my lips together as Cole turns to me and shuts the door.

"What're you-"

"What was Dawson talking about?" I ask. He lets out a breath and walks over to me.

"Nothing. Dawson just-"

"He said something about a plan, Cole. What plan?" I ask. He sighs and closes his eyes for a second, cursing under hid breath.

"He shouldn't have brought it up. It's not happening," he tells me. I raise an eyebrow at him and nod towards the door.

"He seems pretty sure of it," I say. He gives me a pointed look and I let my arms fall to my side. "Fine, if you won't tell me, I'll ask him myself," I say and walk around him, towards the door. Cole groans and grabs my arm, stopping me next to him.

"He wants to use your as bait."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 356K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
545K 20.6K 47
A werewolf having a human mate has been engraved in the history of the werewolves. Having a human mate has been forbidden ever since it happened befo...
736K 26.5K 37
Sam, a shy, 16 year old, closeted lesbian who has anxiety issues and abusive parents meets Avery, a soon to be Beta, who wasn't expecting to find her...
2.8K 53 33
Angel just moved to a new town in order to start her life over. She left behind everything that she owned and just ran. She needed a fresh start wher...