"i don't belive you" (scaramo...

By _jigu_

your life is about to change a lot, when one of your high school friends introduce you to her friends. "i jus... More

/!\ notes
Chapter 0.1
Chapter 0.2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
idk, wanna let you guys know about this
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
a little tiny change
Chapter 15
Interlude: finally new info!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Disclaimer /!\
Chapter 30

Chapter 14

1.7K 58 267
By _jigu_

{a/n: IMPORTANT THING AT THE END, another note. i would really appreciate it if you could answer a little kind of survey i'm doing for the story, but let's talk about it later}

"What do you usually do when you don't study?"

"Oh-hoh, someone wants to know more about me? Such a good girl, you're really getting ready to be a good wife then"

"Ah ah ah, so funny. Yeah, sure"

"I don't know, music or video games, I guess. And sleeping, if someone doesn't ring the doorbell"

"Oh, oh! The bass! You said you play the bass! Can I hear you play? Pretty please?"

"Again, in your dreams"

"You know I'm never giving up, you know that, right? You know I will stress you for forever? You know it? Are you ready for it? Can you t-"

"Oh my archons, shut the fuck up! Ugh, ok, let's do this. You said you stayed up till 3am playing videogames, am I correct? Then, if you're a real gamer you would never give up a challenge, no?"

"Wait, I told you I didn't. I was trying to cover the fact I was worried about you..."

"Yeah, I know, I'm not stupid. That's why I'm challenging you on videogames, I can assure me a win"

"But that's not fair! I mean, I'd like to play videogames, it's just that studying takes too much time from my life, and yes, I played some when I was little, but Cooking Mama and Wii Sport doesn't really count!"

"What can I say? That's how I like it. Listen, I'll give you the opportunity to choose which game we will have this match. Try to not choose, like an open world single player though. All the games are on that shelf, go and take your pick"

"Omg, you're really something" you got up and went where he pointed you to go. Not that it was difficult to find anyway: it was a giant shelf next to the TV, literally full of videogames for Play Station from 2 to 5, Xbox, Wii and Wii U. It seemed like a shelf form a videogame shop, and you didn't know what you were looking for. For half a minute you just stared at all those different titles, colors and sizes of the boxes. Then, you had an idea. He let you choose whatever you wanted, you had to turn the situation to your advantage. You skipped all the Play Station and Xbox sections, giving your full attention to one you were more familiar with, the Wii one. You still had a Nintendo Wii from when you were little, and you played at the most famous games, so at least you knew what you were reading. Maybe, just maybe, if you could find something you already played when you were a kid you could have a chance. <<Something easy, something easy please, there gotta be something easy here, he was a kid too after all>>. Then, you saw it. That one or nothing else. Taking it with all your confidence suddenly coming back, you turned around and stretched your arms up like you wanted the game to bath in sunlight. Or rather, you were thinking about The Lion King, but better not say that out loud...

"YES! This is it! Ahah, jokes on you Scawamuce! I'm a beast at this, you'll stand no chance"

He was looking at you with a half-smile, but when he looked up, to the game, his smile faded and he rolled his eyes back, sighing. "Really, Y/n? Mario Kart?"

"Hey, you're the one who chose the challenge, I get to choose the game at least. It was obvious I would have chosen a game I'm familiar with, and I'm not joking, I really was super good at it when I was little. Now, I might be a bit rusted, it's been so long, but at least I'll know what I'll do"

"Yeah, ok, ok. Can't really blame you, after all, I would have done the same thing myself. Now, since you know so much about the Wii, turn it on and pass me the controller"

"As your highness desires" you joked, bowing a little in his direction before turning around and doing as he demanded.

"Well, you're finally learning. Good girl"

You two decided to make the challenge a little fairer and not simply "who wins, wins". You would have played three cups, whoever wins a cup gains a point. Now, after almost two hours, you were down to 2 points for you and 1 for him. You really were a beast at that game, meanwhile he kept complaining he had to "warm up after years and years of playing totally different games" and kept swearing like a sailor. At first, you wanted to keep track of all the swear words, but you lost count at the first cup with 18 "son of bitch", 5 "asshole", 8 "fucking bitch" and 12 "motherfucker". At the first cup only. And it was even more difficult to keep count of the curses when every time he would swear you would start laughing, resorting in him cursing at you.

"So what the fuck do you want to do with those 'points' now?"

"How about we turn them into wishes? You have one thing you can make me do and I have two. Anything one wants the other do to, and the other can't refuse. That's what the cool kids used to play with at parties I guess, I never went to one, but I heard they used to play these kind of games"

"Ugh, so naïve. I hoped you would buy me a ticket for the spa or some shit, not this thing"

"Well, with your wish you can force me to buy an entrance to whatever spa you want, just please don't choose one that cost as much as a house, thank you"

"Mh, if you say I can make you do anything I want, I may take my sweet, sweet time to choose properly" He was moving closer and closer, after placing the controller behind his back. Both his hands at your sides, your heart was beating at an unreasonable peace, your eyes unable to break the eye contact with those enchanting blue gems of his, your breath becoming erratic as you tried to maintain both inner calm and a decent space between you two. You were going back with your torso, back and back again, but he was not giving up, until you fell completely on the couch, him on top of you, with a straight face and sparkling, shining eyes. You laid there, one hand on your heart and the other up, near your ear, still holding the Wii controller, looking into his eyes trying to understand what was going on into that mind.

Then, his eyes grew wide and he got up in an instant, seating back at his spot, covering his mouth with a fit and clearing his throat "Um, sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me"

"It's ok, teasing sometimes gets out of hand I guess" you got back up too, but you couldn't dare to look at him. You knew he was just teasing you, but your heart was going crazy anyway.

In the same moment, on the other hand, Scaramouche felt like his heart was sinking. All this time he was flirting with you, you just thought he was joking...? It wasn't long since he himself realized what he was actually doing, but since then he thought he made it clearer that he wasn't just simply teasing you without an aim. Was he not good at it? Was he not able to let you see through his defensive walls? To show you how much he actually adored you?

He was staring at you, deep in thoughts, for a couple of seconds. Then, he got up and stuffing his hands in his pockets he started to walk in the direction of the stairs, next to the kitchen counter, not even sparing you a look while saying a very dry "Let's go"

But you didn't move, just looked up at him with curiosity filling your eyes "Where...? I-I mean, I can go home if you need space for yourself, but I came here jus-"

"No, the fuck, I'm not kicking you out. Didn't we play Mario Kart just because you wanted to hear me play in the first place? I just figured one of your two 'wishes' would be to finally listen to me play whatever you want"

"Oh. Mh, well, I initially thought about that too, but actually..." You tilted your head upwards while thinking about it. You always tilted your head that way whenever you were thinking, and the boy never failed to find it cute. "I'm thinking on letting me come to your next concert"

Scaramouche let out a groan, closing his eyes, tilting his head back and massaging the back of his neck with his right hand. That was even worst. He really didn't like that idea. At all. And you were still going on blabbing about something he honestly wasn't paying attention to.

"The only other person I know in your band is Xiao, and he didn't let me go either, last time. Seriously, what's wrong with you guys? If you're a band and you held small concerts during events and such, and people come and see you, why wouldn't you want your friends to come too?!"

"Can you shut up, for a moment? Damn, you're giving me a headache. Seriously, I don't want you to fucking come, ok?"

"That's what I was talking about earlier: WHY?!"

"I'm not telling you, just chose another thing from that damn wish or whatever"

"No, one of the rules said the other one couldn't say no. What's the point if we have to get the other's confirmation?"

"I couldn't care less about the rules, you're not coming to the concert"

"You know, the more you say you don't want me to come the more you make me want to. Do you all have something to hide?"

"No, the fuck. We're just gonna play some songs, what is there to hide?"

"I don't know, but I'll find out because I'm not giving up on my wish I earned with a really difficult Mario Kart match. So, when and where is the next concert?"

"We already talked about it, that's not scheduled yet. And for fuck sake, can't you stop this nonsense already? I'll let you hear how I play, but right now and right here, so get your ass up from that couch and let's go on the first floor"

"No, but seriously, why do you want me to stay away from your concert...? Do you hate me that much?"

"You're spouting ever more bullshit now" He took his seat back on the sofa, leaning on its back and sighing dramatically "You always manage to make me say things I don't wanna say, to make me expose myself, don't you? Ok, then. Performing in front of a bunch of people I couldn't care less is one thing, in front of someone I do care what their image of me is in their head is another one. I can't stand the thought of you being there to judge me in case I mess things up"

He was getting shy, avoiding not only eye contact but your whole figure too, turning so much that you could disappear, and he wouldn't notice it. That's what he was figuring: you disappearing so that you wouldn't hear to what he was saying. You really did manage to make him say things he didn't want to mention. But your hand suddenly touching his didn't help at all, and he instinctively turned around to face you.

"You're such a baby sometimes, you know that? Everyone does mistakes, and you don't have to worry of what I think about you. And moreover, I don't know a single thing about music, even if you play a couple of notes wrong I wouldn't notice anything" a smile cracked on your face, getting one out of the boy too, who huffed and shook his head before opening his mouth to speak again. But was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. <<Again?! Who is it now?>>

His face contorted into a confused and annoyed expression, and he got up, mumbling something and leaving you on the couch to look at him going for the door.

{a/n pt. 2 ( /!\ ): ok soooo. i've gone back to write a bit, and i'm finally at the part where the ship sails, after 84 years... 

and then, it struck me. pet names. 

how in the world am i gonna decide what pet names you're both gonna use for each other?! my fantasy is... not the best, especially with names, so i need your help. after all, it's you who's gonna be scara's girlfriend so you got to chose. 

i would really appreciate it if you could tell me what pet name(s) you would like scara to call you and you to call scara, otherwise i think i'll go with with everysingle pet name in the world and that's not gonna work, he's loyal to one or two in my book, they're special words for him, words that remind him of you and you only and that make him smile unconsciusly.

sooo yeahhhh pretty please?

}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 885 12
Some notes : ! no smut ! Modern Au Reader is female! Also if there is any bad spelling or grammar errors then uh- sorry Reader have anxiety because w...
13.7K 508 23
Waking up in another world is terrifying. Not remembering anything is worse, though. Teyvat is a strange world filled with mysteries for you to explo...
295K 7.8K 48
.โ€ขยฐ โœฟ ยฐโ€ข. -แด…แด‡แด€ส€ ๊œฑแดแดœสŸแดแด€แด›แด‡ แดษดแด‡ แด…แด€ส ษช'สŸสŸ ษขษชแด แด‡ แด›สœษช๊œฑ ๊œฑแดษดษข แด›แด สแดแดœ- .โ€ขยฐ โœฟ ยฐโ€ข. Scaramouche x F! reader (Modern universe) โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข After admitting that Scaramouch...
98.1K 3.3K 28
As a Fatui Agent and Scaramouche's secretary AND assistant, you're always doing errands and filling out paperwork- even for the other Harbingers! You...