The Epic : In a different sit...

By Dr_Aim4

The epic Mahabharata thought in a different way... What if Karna and Pandavas got reunited? What if Draupadi... More

Acknowledgement
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The Truth
Part 3 : Known to younger clan
Part 4 : The unwelcomed welcome in Hastinapur
Part 5 : The Meet with Brothers
Part 6 : The Unfortunate Encounter
Part 7 : The Battle Of Truth
Part 8 : A Day With The Brothers
Part 9 : Love from the parents
Part 10 : Family Reunion
Part 11 : The Celestial Bond Of Friendship
Part 12 : Blooming Love
Part 13 : The Ceremony
Part 14 : The Impact Of War On Minds & Hearts
Part 15 : The War
Part 16 : Auspicious Occasion
Part 17 : The Danger Ahead
Part 18 : The Suspicion
Part 19 : The Danger Of the Forest
Part 20 : The Unparalleled Love
Part 21 : The Realisation And Proposal Of Love
Part 22 : The Unison Of The Lovers
Part 23 : The Anger
Part 24 : The Swayamvar
Part 25 : The Worst Politics
Part 26 : The Choice And The Decision
Part 27 : The Division Of the Kingdom
Part 28 : The Meet With Duryodhan
Part 29 : The Winner
Part 30 : Marriage Plans
Part 31 : The Impending Danger
Part 32 : The War For Survival
Part 33 : Teased By Family
Part 34 : Pre-marriage Vibes
Part - 35 : Clearing Of Doubts
Part 36 - Entrance Of Narada
Part - 37 : Continuation Of Flashback
Part 38 : Thoughts
Part 39 : Confrontation
Part 40 : Plans For Fight
Part 41 : Emotional Battle
Part 42 : Planning Of War
Part 43 : Useless Banter Of Brothers 🤭
Part 44 : Mother-Son Convo
Part 45 : The Bonds
Sorry
Part 46 : Good News
Part 47 : The Fight
Part 48 : Naughty Childhood Of Krishna
Part 49 : Birth Of Krishna
Part 50 : Killing The Demons (Part 1)
Cover
Part 51 : Killing Of Demons (Part 2)
Part 52 : Krishna's Marriage
Announcement Of Marriage

Part 2 : The Search

3.9K 147 19
By Dr_Aim4

After the talk with her husband, Kunti came back to her shelter... She didn't see her sons there... Perhaps they went out to play,she thought.
Her mind wandered to the time when she was still unmarried... Her life in Kunti Kingdom... How much her father used to love her... How she was taught about everything lovingly... How she served Rishi Durvasa... The moment he gave him the boon... The moment she thought of using it out of curiosity of seeing what happens... She didn't knew that it would give her a child without her asking for it... She always wanted to see Lord Surya Narayan... The one who can't be seen through open eyes for a long time... She summoned Him through the mantra... And the mistake happened... Lord came and gave her a part of Him as her child...

She told Him she didn't want a child then... But Lord Surya Narayan said that the mantra, that she used, binds Him to give a part of Him to Kunti... It can't be used for any other purpose.. He told Kunti to take care of their child... Kunti got scared... She couldn't take the responsibility of a child now... As she was unmarried... The society would point out on her character or her father's upbringing... And she can't bear that... Her sakhi Priyamvada, who saw Kunti cursing herself for using the mantra without keeping it in mind that it was for child bearing purpose only, came to her and told her that she should abandon him now or else it would be of great problem... The mental pressure on Kunti let her do that heinous crime of abandoning her own child...

The only thing she remembered was that his name was Karna and he had a kavach and kundal on his body... Proving that he was divine... Her thoughts were interrupted by Pandu who came to her and saw her crying... He felt guilty thinking he was the reason behind her tears... She asked for his forgiveness and promised she won't hide anything from him hereon... Pandu was happy... He promised Kunti that he would search for Karna and would adopt him... After saying these, Pandu left her to contact with Vidur and Bhishma...

He sent a message to Vidur and Bhishma regarding his eldest son being Karna and asked them to search for Karna, who was 12 years old then...

On the other side in Hastinapur, Dhritarashtra was crowned the King of Hastinapur as Pandu was absent and the Royal seat can't be kept empty for long... People needs direction... And nobody but a King can decide what to do in his kingdom... As Dhritarashtra was blind and Pandu was absent, he was crowned to substitute for Pandu...

Dhritarashtra was the father of 100 sons, the eldest being Duryodhan...

As Bhishma and Vidur received the message, Vidur went away to search for Karna while Bhishma was angry at Pandu... He couldn't understand why Pandu wanted to adopt Karna... Karna was a mistake in Kunti's life that's what his thought was... And wasn't of Kuru kul... But if Pandu adopts him, he would become the eldest of Kuru Kul... Bhishma didn't want that... He thought that Karna was born when Kunti was unmarried... He can't belong to Kuru Kul... He was adamant in his decision... He didn't want his father's dynasty to get spoiled with some impure blood...

Though Vidur tried to make him understand but it was of no use... Finally Vidur told Bhishma to ask her mother what would be correct for him to do...

Bhishma told Satyavati about Pandu's decision and they both went to Devi Ganga to ask her what was the correct thing for them to do... Can Karna be considered to belong to Kuru Kul as he was the eldest brother of Pandavas or as he was born before Kunti's marriage with Pandu he shouldn't be considered to be of Kuru Kul... He didn't want his father's dynasty to get impure and he wasn't sure if adopting Karna would be a correct decision for them...

Satyavati

Second wife of Shantanu... Married Shantanu after obtaining the promise that her sons would be the future kings... Never consulted with Bhishma before taking a decision... Was always cruel towards Bhishma

Devi Ganga

First wife of Shantanu, mother of Devabrata or Bhishma... A constant adviser of Bhishma... Would give him knowledge of Dharma when he would get stuck between right and wrong... Influencer of Bhishma's thoughts...

When both Satyavati and Bhishma went to Ganga for seeking her advice, Ganga told them what they wanted to know...

Bhishma : Pranipat Mata... Today we both need some advice of yours... Me and Mata Satyavati we both don't know how to embrace this news... Kunti beared a child before her marriage with Pandu and now Pandu wants to adopt him... We don't know how to accept this news...

Devi Ganga : I know what brought you here but I don't understand the point of you asking this question...

Bhishma : Mata Karna was born when Kunti was unmarried... What is the point of considering him a part of Kuru Clan?

Devi Ganga : So what if he was born before Kunti's marriage? Karna was the blessing of Lord Surya Narayan and be it before or after her marriage he will always remain pure... And about him belonging to Kuru Clan then if Pandu adopts him, he will belong to Kuru Clan...

Satyavati : But Devi... What will society say? Karna can't be a part of Kuru clan... He isn't our blood

Devi Ganga : And you're talking about blood... How were Dhritarashtra, Pandu and Vidur born Bhishma? How did Pandavas emerged? How did Dhritarashtra become the father of 100 sons? They weren't pure at all... Infact if you talk about blood then Pandu and Dhritarashtra were the sons of your son Ved Vyas... Not of Vichitravirya... Because he died before they were born... And thus Ambika and Ambalika lost their right to reproduce... If they belong to Kuru clan then why not he?

Bhishma : But Mata... Kunti was unmarried at that time and Satyavati was unmarried too... But she didn't claim that Ved Vyas is of Kuru clan... But here Karna is going to belong to Kuru clan...

Devi Ganga : So you're saying it's Adharma or impurity? Do you even know what Dharma is? Dharma is thinking about someone and sympathising with someone... Karna is the son of Lord Surya Narayan... Who are you to say his blood is impure? And about Dharma then he is born to fight for Dharma... Think about this... He is a kshatriya too if by any chance he gets divided from his brothers and a rift is created between them what will happen? Can you forgive yourself if that happens knowing Karna is their brother? Will you take the blame then?

Bhishma : I'm sorry Mata... I'm no one to question his identity... I can understand that it's your wish to let him be a part of Kuru Clan and unleash his identity and if that's your wish I'm sure it's for the benefit of us and society... I'm sorry for questioning your thoughts...

Devi Ganga : It's alright... And Bhishma remember one thing... Promise is meant to be kept but when that promise comes between you and your wish of doing something good for someone it should be broken... A lie if told for something good isn't a lie...

Bhishma : I will keep this in mind Mata.. Thank you Mata... You cleared our doubts... Now I don't have any problem with Karna belonging to this clan...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 10.5K 46
One word - Just One word could have changed the fate of the whole Mahabharat War! Let's see how Highest Ranking: #1 in Mahabharat #1 in Karna NOTE :...
50.9K 2.7K 30
ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇꜱ ᴄᴀɴ ᴇꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ. ᴛʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴇꜰᴜꜱᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ʏɪᴇʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴀ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇᴅ ᴘᴀᴛʜ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʟᴅᴇꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴀꜱʜɪ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ; ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ᴡʜᴏ ʀᴇꜰᴜꜱ...
52.1K 2K 16
what if karna and duryodhana gets to know about arjuna's plan to abduct subhadra ... what if karna decides to abduct subhadra before arjuna could abd...
10.8K 646 25
While going out from dyut sabha, I was guilt ridden, ashamed, beyond hurt from my inside. I was not angry with anyone but myself. I knew that whateve...