The Devil's Bane: (slightly m...

By SFxavier

Dess Gafe is a normal thirteen-year-old in his village. Then, on Thanksgiving Eve, his older brother Tom, who... More

Chapter I: The Evil Spirit
Chapter II: Anthony
Chapter III: Euphoria City
Chapter IV: The Devil Returns
Chapter V: The Battle for Euphoria City
Chapter VI: Discoveries
Chapter VII: Gerald Alkk
Chapter VIII: Ambush
Chapter IX: The Tower
Chapter X: The Climb
OMG
Chapter XI: The New Dimension
Chapter XII: A Loyal Friend Lost
The Figures
Chapter XIV: Card
Chapter XV: Joe Bottoms
Chapter XVI: The Split-Up
Chapter XVII: Confusion
Chapter XVIII: The Floating Ship
Chapter XIX: Reincarnation
Chapter XX: Recap
Chapter XXI: The Emerald of Courage
Chapter XXII: The Fabled Ring of Being Boring
Cade's Journal Entry #1
Chapter XXIII: Prophetia Diaboli
Chapter XXIV: The Chest
Chapter XXVI: Mei
Cade's Journal Entry #2
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII: The Search for Cade
Chapter XXIX: Blaze's Defeat
Chapter XXX: Soul Animals
Chapter XXXI: The Mountain of the Devil
Chapter XXXII: Broken Horns
Chapter XXXIII: The Journal

Chapter XXV: The Dark Aura

5 1 0
By SFxavier

The elves didn't know what to do with the ring. They didn't want to become braggy like Dess. So they read one of the papers to see the effects:

This is the Sapphire of Wisdom. It will make you much smarter, but it will severely reduce your physical strength.

"Oof," Anthony commented. "Doesn't sound good. By the way, I CALL IT!!"

Cade and Gerald agreed. Anthony had the least physical strength and the most smarts. He was one of the smartest elves on the globe. It wouldn't be much of a problem if Anthony switched physical for mental strength.

As Anthony put it on, he immediately fell to his knees and said, "Weak, yep, definitely weak here. HELP!"

Gerald then helped Anthony up and slipped the ring off.

"I think I just have to get used to it," Anthony said after taking a quick breather. "Here, give me the ring back."

Gerald gave it back, and started leading the group to a nearby elvin village, since he couldn't get any food in the woods.

When they got within two hundred yards of the village, each of them got a sharp needle of pain in their head. They wondered why until they saw a pillar of shadows rising up into the sky. They ran into the village to see what was happening, and they saw a girl with dark hair, shadows in her palms, and dirty, torn clothes. She was fighting a group of people--it looked like a gang--and she was losing.

"Should we help?" Cade asked Gerald and Anthony. "I mean, she's in trouble, and obviously, she's losing."

"Well, duh," Anthony responded.

"Yeah, let's go," Gerald agreed.

"YAAAAAA!!" was their battle cry.

The girl didn't notice them at first, and she kept fighting. But when she did, she asked them, "What are you doing??"

"We're trying to help you idiot," Gerald said, annoyed. "Wait, is it not good to call someone an idiot when you're helping them?"

The girl did not laugh.

Just then, the gang charged. The girl shot beams of darkness straight at them. Gerald and Cade let loose a thunderstorm. Anthony was shouting strategies at them. In time, the entire gang was dead.

"Come on!" Cade shouted as he opened a portal back to their camp. "Before anyone sees our faces!"

The girl hesitated, looked back, then jumped into the portal with the fellow elves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 606 20
In this thrilling third and final novel to 'Dreaming with the devil' War is coming. Adeline is prepared. Her destiny is set and her path is clear;...
87 19 27
Adventure begin with the arrival of Arthur in a county in England, where his grandparents live, a different culture of Brazil, Arthur lived with his...
100 15 14
As Hell reins terror on the earth, can one child bring back humanity and defeat the Devil himself? After millions of people vanish and the dead rise...
2.8K 41 7
(A/n : Okay, I'm discontinuing) (Y/N) was a ninja in training, and was viewed as all their younger sister, and would mother Lloyd even though her was...