When we first met - MerDer In...

By dr_shep111

MerDer in college! This is a story about MerDer in College. The story is about the struggles and life in col... More

2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
NEW STORY 🥰

1.

2.6K 26 13
By dr_shep111

Meredith and Addison are sitting in their new dorm room. They are both freshman in college and  are getting settled in on campus. They have been best friends sinds forever and were over the moon when they heard they were both accepted to Bowdoin. The were even happier when they heard they could share a dorm. Addisons parents just drove them from Boston to the university and brought all their belongings with them. They left the girls to settle in and get used to standing on their own.

Now Meredith and Addison are on the floor, surrounded by suitcases and bags full of stuff. They also brought cupboards they can assemble on the walls and curtains.

"So...here we are." Addison looked at Meredith, a wide smile on her face.

"I am so ready to start. I have been looking forward to this moment for ages. Finally away from mom, Boston, everything" Meredith jumps up and spins around in their room.

"I agree. I can't wait" Addison also gets up and grabs one of the bags off the floor. "Let's start decorating!"

They start by unpacking their clothes. They put them in separated closets on either side of the room and put everything away. They continue with their beds. They put sheets on them and some extra pillows to decorate. They are about to start on the cupboards when Addison looks at the time.

"Shoot! It's 2.30pm already. We are supposed to get our schedules and books between 2pm and 3pm."

"Shoot! We have to hurry then"

"Ill go and get them for the both of us, you just continue with the cupboards. I'll be back soon!" She instructs before rushing out the door, leaving it open.

Meredith's POV

I continue assembling the cupboards on the floor. Or I trie, at least...

"God damit! Why won't this stupid screw fit!" I yell. "Uhhhgg"

I keep struggling and cursing until I hears a knock on the already open door. I look up and look straight into the bluest pair of eyes I've ever seen. A guy with dark, curly hair and beautiful blue eyes is standing in the door opening. He is wearing blue jeans, which are hugging his perfect ass perfectly, and a black t-shirt which highlights his biceps and muscular chest.

I wonder what it would be like to rip all of his cloths of and have my way-. God Meredith, pull yourself together!

"Hi" I hear a deep, soft voice say.

"Hi" I stand up and wipe my hair out of my face.

"Is everything alright? I can hear you all the way in my room."

"Yes...I think. I am setting this cupboard up but I can't seem to fit this screw." I chuckle.

"Do you need any help? I can take a look at it if you want."

"Oh no, thank you. I should be fine"

"Alright. I'll be right across the hall if you need any help. Feel free to just knock and ask."

"Okey thank you, good to know. But like I said, I should be fine"

"It's Derek, by the way" The handsom guy smiles.

"Oh right, Meredith" I smile back and shake the hand he's holding up.

"Well good luck, Meredith" He smiles and walks away, inside the drom on the opposite side of the hallway.

I continue setting up the cubby and after a while I finally manage to put it together. I lift it up and stand on a chair, holding the cubby up against the wall to see if it fits when it happens... My foot slips away and I fall. The cabinet lands an inch away from my body and makes a loud sound as soon as it hits the floor.

I try to get up but my ankle hurts, a lot. I can't seem to lift myself back up so I sit there, on the ground. "Damn it!"

I am pouting on the ground, waiting for Addison to return when I hear another knock on the door. Before I can answer the door flings open and the same handsom guy is standing in the doorway. "Derek?" I ask confused. What is he doing here? again?

"Hey. I'm sorry to barge in like this but I heard a loud bang and I was worried. Is everything okey?"

"Yes...No...I fell and now my ankle hurts. I can't really lift myself up. I'm just waiting for my roommate to come back" I tell him. I was planning on just ignoring it and telling him am fine but the ground isn't very comfortable and I have no idea when Addison will be back.

"Here, let me help you." Derek smiles and walks up to me. He lifts me up without any effort and places me on my bed. "Can I take a look at your ankle?"

"Sure" I shrug my shoulders and he takes my shoe and sock off. He moves my foot a little and at the slightest movement I wince from the pain.

"This isn't looking very good. I think you should go to the hospital" He looks concerned.

"Great...just my luck" I roll my eyes and fall back on my bed, my hands covering my face. I take a deep sigh and sit back up.

"Thanks...I'll just wait for my roommate and we will take a cab. Thank you for your help tho"

"I can take yo if you want. My car is right outside and I don't have anything better to do. Besides, it looks like it hurt a lot."

"No it's fine. I don't want to bother you or anything. I'll just bath through the pain" I chuckle nervously.

"Nonsense." He laughs and picks me up again, One of his arms under my legs and the other supporting my back.

"What are you doing?!" I shriek. I wrap one of my arms around his neck for extra support. He carries me out of the dorms and down to his car. He places me in the passengers seat and runs to the other side, taking place behind the wheel. He drives me to the closest hospital. Soft music fills the silent and slightly awkward air.

"So..." I start, not knowing what to say. "Are you a freshmen too?"

"No. I'm a sophomore. I came here last year with my best friend Mark. He's also my roommate."

"My roommate is also my best friend Addison." I stammer. What do I say to this guy? I barely know him. I only know his first name and yet here I am in his car, driving to the hospital because I broke my freaking ankle.

Derek nods and continues to drive. After a little while we finally arrive and Derek rushes in to grab a wheelchair for me. He wheels me to the front desk and one of the nurses leads us to a waiting room where we wait for one of the orthopedic residents.

"Meredith Grey?" A doctor calls.

"That's me"

"Alright. I am going to take you to an exam room and we will take a look at your foot" The doctor smiles. "Is your boyfriend coming with you?"

"Oh no! We're not....he's just... we're not together!" I shake my head.

"Yeah...no. We're not. I'll just wait out here for you to return" Derek chuckles nervously and sits back down in the seat.

The doctor takes me to her exam room and I lift myself on the table. She lifts my leg up and takes a look at my ankle. I wince and make a face as soon as she turns my foot.

"Yes...I'm sorry but your ankle is definitely broken. I will have to place a cast on it and you can't walk on it for at least 8 weeks. After that you'll have to come back for a check up and we'll look at it again."

I take a deep sigh. My luck, definitely my luck. God I hate this. I haven't even started school and I'm already the girl with a cast on her foot. Great. This is just great.

The doctor places a cast around my foot and makes sure everything is wrapped in tightly. She helps me back inside the wheelchair and gives me a set of crutches. She wheels me back to the waiting room where Derek is still waiting, reading in one of the medical magazines. He looks up and stands up, taking over from the doctor. I thank her and Derek wheels me outside, back to his car.

"So...what's wrong?" He asks half way on the way to the car.

"I broke it. Can't walk for at least 8 weeks" I sigh. "God this sucks"

"I'm sorry"

"I-Thanks. Did I bring a jacket?"

"No I we just left without something. Are you cold?"

"Kinda...but I'll manage" I sigh.

Suddenly the wheelchair stops and I turn around. I see Derek taking off his sweater, his stomach showing when the sweater pulls his shirt with it. God he's hot...

You have to stop these thoughts Meredith! He is a sophomore for god sake.

Anyway...Derek hands me his sweater and I refuse at first but he keeps insisting so I pull the sweater over my head. A comforting, masculine smell surrounds me as the fabric comes close to my nose. It smells good, very good.

Derek keeps pushing the wheelchair and finally we reach the car. He drives us back to the campus and helps me by handling me the crutches and staying by my side until we reach our dorms. We stand in the hall in between our two doors. I chuckle and flash him a smile before turning around and opening the door. I turn around once more, thanking him before walking in and closing the door behind me.

*Hi! Thank you for reading this first chapter to my new book! Am am very excited to keep updating this. Let me know what you think of it and if I should keep updating this book!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 6.5K 135
meredith is a 23 year old English teacher. her best friend is cristina who is another teacher for a different group of students. she is single and li...
94.7K 2.7K 62
Meredith has just moved into a new neighbourhood alone. Ready for a fresh start, she leaves behind a dark and twisty path. She's not dating but then...
15.5K 494 62
hello readers, just a simple merder love story . FYI this fic is borrowed from @Tapatalk. Board - @Grey's Anatomy fanfic Written by- luvshepherd Pub...
29.3K 996 30
* CURRENTLY BEING EDITED * ALL EDITED CHAPTERS START WITH A NUMBER _________________________________ In our lifetimes we are given many options. Stup...