My Affair

By efoiroii

*IN NEED OF VERY HEAVY EDITING* "I want you to fuck me." Athena Escarra, a promising young lawyer who loves h... More

Aesthetics + Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Next Books & New Aesthetics
Bonus Chapter One
Bonus Chapter Two
Bonus Chapter Three

Chapter Forty

11.8K 294 65
By efoiroii

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I yelled, yawning as I slipped on some sweatpants. It was storming and
four in the morning. Who in the world would be knocking at this hour?

They continued to knock which annoyed me because I would rather be snuggled up to Athena right now. I opened the door with an attitude. "Rosa, Kano. Why are you guys here?" They looked between each other worried. "If you don't speak I will slam this door and go back to my very comfortable bed."

They both took a deep breath then spoke at the same time. "Wren's in the hospital." My heart actually stopped.

"Sabrina?"

"We don't know where she is. Do-"

"No." I cut her off. "I have to wake her. We'll be down there soon."

"She's at your hospital." I nodded and closed the door. My mind was all over the place but I needed to stay calm. Jogging into the room, Athena was sleeping peacefully and I hated that I had to wake her up with bad news. I kissed all over her face, trying to wake her up peacefully. "Baby, wake up."

Her smile warmed my heart. She groaned but turned towards me and brought me closer to her. "What time is it?"

"Three in the morning. I have to tell you something." She fluttered her eyes open and stretched before sitting up against the headboard. It made a creaking sound which made both of us laugh.

"Did you break the bed?" She asked with a warm smile.

"I think that was all you." She rolled her eyes. "But seriously, I need to tell you something." She looked at me with sleepy eyes and I took a deep breath. "Wrens in the hospital. But-"

"What? Which one? Can we go see her?" Her legs were off the bed and she was ready to go.

"One your naked." She almost immediately grabbed her cover and covered herself. "And yes we can go see her but I don't know what condition she's in." She rushed out of the bed, leaving the cover behind and in a second she was in a crop top and leggings, sliding on one of my hoodies.

I slipped on a t-shirt and a hoodie before rushing out of the door behind Athena. I could see her anxiousness as we drove so I grabbed her hand and interlocked them, squeezing it reassuringly. As soon as I parked she ran out of the car and to the doors with me following behind her.

"Wren Sinclair. I don't fucking know her middle name!" She yelled at the receptionist who was giving her an attitude.

I walked over to the two. "Wren Adams."

"Oh Boss. I was just telling this woman-"

"I don't care what you were telling her. Your fired."

She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "B- But sir, I didn't do anything."

"You disrespected my woman. Your fired and have one of the nurses fill in." She looked back and forth between Athena and I before nodding and leaving.

A nurse came almost instantly and searched the name up. "You'll be able to see her soon."

"How long exactly is that?" Athena asked.

"Thirty minutes max." She sighed deeply, chewing on her bottom lip and walking to the waiting area. The whole family was there and when they saw us they stood and embraced Athena in a hug. They all knew about the baby and how close Athena and Wren got. When they pulled away from her she walked over to me, starting to silently sob. I walked us back to a chair and pulled her into my lap.

"She's okay. I promise she's okay." I reassured kissing her hair and rubbing her back. It broke my heart that she was crying and I couldn't do anything about it. After some time she ended up falling asleep in my lap and Kano walked over.

He looked down at Athena then up at me. "Sabrina did this."

"I know." I breathed, looked down at Athena. "We have a lawyer in the family now. I know for a fact Athena will get us custody."

Kano nodded. "I like her for you. She's changed you in a good way."

"I like her for me too." I played with her hair in my hands, fascinated by her beauty even when she's asleep.

"That's one big diamond on her finger." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Not just yet. It's a promise ring." He nodded with a little smile.

"Jasper is out looking for her as we speak. She's using so he'll find her soon. Dads coming over here next so be prepared for that."

I smiled. "I know. Talk to you soon." He patted my shoulder before kissing the top of her hair and leaving. Just like he said Dad left my mom with Rosa and came over to me.

"Son." He greeted with that authoritative tone of his.

"Dad." I said back with the same tone.

"Is she doing okay?" He's never been the emotional kind unless he's with my mom so him asking that simple question surprised me.

"No. She's worried about Wren understandably."

He nodded. "I'm glad you've found her. She's made you into the son your mother and I can say we raised." I chuckled and he smiled a bit. "But seriously she's a good woman. Reminds me of your mother in certain aspects."

"She reminds me of mom too. I really love her dad."

He put a hand on my shoulder with a smile. "I was talking to my dad like this when I finally noticed how much I loved your mom. It was also when I figured out I wanted to marry her and have a whole bunch of fucked up kids with her." I smiled, feeling that exact feeling with Athena. "Don't fuck it up son."

"Not in a million years." He patted my shoulder and kissed Athena on her head, repeating the same action as Kano. A doctor, nurse, and officer walked out and it made everyone rise to their feet. I kissed Athena awake and when she saw them she instantly stood up.

They walked closer to us, faces void of any emotion. "Sinclair family, correct?"

"Correct." We all said in sync, including Athena and for some reason it made me smile.

"Wren is okay. She's breathing on her own but she has sustained multiple injuries. One main thing, we found semen in her vaginal area. The nurse here will give you a run down of all of her injuries but she is sleeping right now."

We were all quiet. I think we were all in shock or disbelief. Athena wrapped her arms around me and placed her head into my chest as she cried. "When can we see her?" Rosa asked with tears.

"We can't necessarily stop you from seeing her since you own the hospital but I do recommend that you go in little by little. Two people in the room max." My dad was holding my mom who had also started crying. "If you have any questions you know where to find me."

Kano took his phone out and yelled into it angrily. "Jasper someone fucking raped her. Where are you? Im on my way." His hands were in tight fist as he stormed off.

"I'm coming with you." I said angry and feeling the need to hurt someone.

"No. You need to stay here and take care of your woman. When alls under control I'll call you." I wanted to go with him but he was right. Athena needed me right now. I nodded and held onto Athena tighter.

Rosa sat in the chair alone, bouncing her knee and holding her head in her hands. I guess Athena noticed this through her tears because she walked over and held her. I had never seen Rosa cry but when Athena pressed her head against her chest she let all the tears fall. I walked past my mom who has still crying and my dad continued to whisper into her ear.

"I want to pray." Athena said, wiping at her tears and continuing to hold Rosa.

"We have a chapel just down the hall." I stood up and everyone followed behind me. We all walked in silence, already silently praying. My parents sat in the pews while Rosa, Athena, and I walked up to the cross. We all got onto our knees, putting our hands up in prayer. We prayed our prayers in our heads.

I prayed for Wren to be healthy, for her to be able to get better, for her to be able to talk to me whenever she needs. I prayed that Wren would finally be able to come home to us, that Athena would be able to bring her home. I prayed for Wren, for Athena, for our entire family.

I hated myself that I hadn't gotten Wren out of there sooner. She had to go through... through being forcefully touched in order to be out of that home. Simply thinking about that made me cry. And I did. Tears were falling but the room was dead silent as if no one was in here. Then I felt those warm hands come my face.

She knew I thought it was because of me Wren had gone through that. "The system failed her. Not you." She wiped at my tears and brought me closer to her. It was just us, at some point everyone had left and I thanked God for that. "God hears us. Wren will be okay."

We sat there in the chapel and on our knees just holding each other. We cried for Wren together and neither of us needed to say a thing to feel comforted by the other. After some time we got up and walked back out to the waiting area. Visiting hours were over so the hospital was empty, only filled with a few doctors and nurses that my father made stay here.

"We're going to see her first." My father said and we all nodded. Rosa sat across from us with her feet on the seat and legs against her chest. She wasn't crying just staring off into space.

"Sabrina will be thrown in jail. She'll be in there for at least two years." Athena said, laying her head on my shoulder. "I'll make sure of it."

"Thank you." She took my hands in hers staring down at the rings. I didn't know what to think. I knew Wren wasn't in the best position but I didn't know how to talk to her about it. I had never experienced it so I didn't know if I'd be the best person to talk to. Athena on the other hand had but I didn't want to bring those kinds of memories back up to the surface for her.

My mom and dad were in there for an hour and during that time Athena fell asleep. Rosa went in next and was in there for about the same time as our parents. "Athena." I whispered moving her hair out of the way to kiss her face. "Are you ready."

She yawned, stretching and nodding at the same time. We stood up, walking to her room and when we were in front of the door she paused. "If you need a minute-"

"No." She took a deep breath. "I'm ready." I opened the door for her. The sight of Wren made her suck in a breath. Wren had broken her left arm, broken her right leg, and had cuts and bruises along her body. She was awake but her head was turned away from us.

We pulled up two chairs on the side of her bed. "Wren baby..." Athena said. "I know you don't want to talk about it. But I'm here for you. Whenever you want to scream, yell, cry, or just sit with me I'm here and so is your uncle."

I took her hand in mine squeezing it and bringing it to my lips. I didn't kiss her hand I just brushed my lips against it in a comforting way. Wren finally turned our way after a while and her face was bruised terribly. I tightened my hand around Athena's and tried not to make any faces. Now that they were together I wanted to go with Kano and Jasper to find this man along with Sabrina.

"Mommy didn't have enough money and I tried helping her but they... they hurt me." Hearing those words fall out of her mouth made me more upset.

"You won't be going back to her. When the doctors say you can leave would you like to come with us?" Athena asked placing a hand on top of hers. Wren nodded.

"I couldn't find your necklace. Mommy ripped it off and threw it somewhere the first time I tried to call you." She said and I could see Athena holding back her anger and tears.

"It's okay. I'm here now." Athena placed a kiss on her forehead.

Wren looked over at me, "Are you mad at me?"

I hadn't said anything since we walked in. I swear your so fucking dumb. "No baby, I could never be mad at my Angel. I'm just angry and sad and don't want to say the wrong thing." Athena squeezed my hand looking over at me with a small smile.

"Uncle Sandro has to go help find your mom, okay? He'll be right back I promise." She knew what I wanted to do. I knew that I could trust Wren with her.

"Promise you will come back?" She asked with her pinky out.

I interlocked mines with hers. "Pinky promise." Then I kissed it. I got up from the chair, leaning down to kiss Athena's lips.

"Don't go to jail." She mumbled against me and I smiled.

"I'll try." Kissing her one more time I walked out of the room, pulling my phone out and calling Jasper. "Send me the address. Wrens fine and Athena is with her."

Athena

Wren didn't want to talk about it. I ordered for them to get her a more comfortable bed and as soon as she was placed in a better bed and room she was asleep.

I could only hope she would open up to me or anyone she felt comfortable with. I learned the hard way that trying to deal with something like this on your own wasn't good for your mental health. I walked around with a luggage of anger for my uncle but after telling Serene and yelling at my mom about it that luggage was gone. I would forever be disgusted by that man but I had to move on in order to be happy.

Just as I was about to fall asleep next to Wren a little boy that looked around her age ran in. "Wren?" He said worriedly.

"She's sleeping." I just assumed that this was one of her cousins.

"Sorry. Kieran you can't just barge in here." His mother came in and scolded him.

"No it's fine. You guys are family I assume."

She shook her head. "We're not. Not by blood at least. Wren and Kieran have been best friends since preschool." Kieran was climbing into Wrens bed, not even listening to his mom. He laid beside her with a hand holding hers and it was the cutest thing ever.

"He can stay. I can watch them both." She was hesitant but nodded, giving me her number and kissing her son on the forehead before leaving. Kieran was a handsome little boy— dark brown hair, dark blue eyes, and tan skin. Him and Wren would make a good couple when they got older.

When Kieran fell asleep I set my book down and set my head on her bed. It wasn't the most comfortable position but it'll do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 183 24
18 year-old Jade Sinclair is a prodigy of many things, but it was her exceptional academic skills and abilities that landed her in the second row of...
1.1M 25K 33
Highest Rank: #127 in Romance June 2, 2018 Athena Stark and Tyler Kent got married after a couple of months from their convention. They are consuming...
679K 11.3K 38
"𝐀𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧..." 𝐈 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐰. "𝐌𝐡𝐦𝐦...𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚�...