When The Tiger Lilies Bloom |...

By AnecdotesOfABroken

Taekook FF where before he leaves, Kim Hansung from the past tells about his desires to complete in his next... More

Disclaimer
PROLOGUE
1. The Dream
2. Till the Dusk
3. Elysium
4. The Stains Of Time
5. Surreal Dawn
6. The Beautiful Chaos
7. Into Your Arms
8. Fallin' Forevers
9. Our Dandelions
10. Nevertheless
11. Lovesick Souls
12. Little Bliss
13. Fairytales
15. Blue & Grey
17. Under The Sky
18. Rain on me
19. Until We Met
20. Lost ways
21. Serendipity
22. Strawberries & Cigarettes
23. Still With You
24. Loving You Right
25. When The Tigerlilies Bloom
26. Love Me Again
27. Chase The Time
28. A Piece Of Me

14. Vintage Blooms

229 24 0
By AnecdotesOfABroken

Taehyung didn't know whether he should laugh or cry. Staring at his phone didn't help since the bright screen only showed a message from his best friend.

"bi*ch, thank me and Namjoon hyung later."

There was a selca underneath the message in which Jimin had finger hearts while Namjoon showed his dimple smile. They looked good together. A small grin plastered on his lips after seeing his best friends planning things behind him only to make him happy. It gave him so much comfort just by the thought that at least he has Jimin and Namjoon to stand next to him even after knowing how ridiculous Taehyung and his million-dollar dramas can get as time goes by. He smiles to himself before scanning around the room.

God, this is so...

K-drama style?

The library was dark, and suddenly Taehyung felt the urge to stop the thin string of light with his palm and do a twirl in the middle of the book stack. It was all a fairytale. It was what he wanted, except he was alone, dipped in the scent of old books, and embraced by the foreign feeling he used to hide in him. Just when Taehyung was about to crouch down on the floor to pick up the book named The catcher in the Rye, it all kicked his senses like a truck.

"Hello? Is there anyone here?"

Taehyung called out hiding the smugness with a tense expression written all over his face. He awaited a reply too bad, too impatient to hear that voice, to see that face. He thought no one ever really understood his cravings but how wrong he was since Jimin and Namjoon wrote a freaking drama plot for him, just right in front of his eyes. Fidgeting fingers and uneven heartbeats, Taehyung stood staring at the vacant space between the book stacks.

When he didn't hear anything, his heart dropped, and his gaze lowered as panic slowly started beating his faith in the plan of his best friends. His glance landed on the phone in his jeans pocket, and an idea popped up inside his head. Okay, let's get to work. He mumbled inside and pressed the power button firmly to switch off the phone. With an unsettled feeling inside, Taehyung searched again through the little glint but couldn't spot anything.

His gaze dropped to the floor, and hope slowly started to disappear when no response came his way. Taehyung wanted to throw a tantrum at the world. He was on the verge of crying, with lips pulled between his teeth, trembling while suppressing his tears, hands curled into fists, unable to process everything around him, he stood wanting to disappear away. Just then his gaze landed on a small glint far from him, yet lighting the shady old shacks of the library, he felt his heart squeezing under his ribcage and leaving him starstruck just like that.

Taehyung figured it was a flashlight, probably from a phone. Since he switched off his, it was sure that he wasn't alone there. Yeah, Taehyung did hear a lot about ghosts with unfulfilled desires wandering around their campus to taste the young blood, but this time his mind was not ready to settle upon those thoughts. Heaven, it was creepy and so... Unromantic? He hoped it to be the other way, the way his heart wants.

Then the light moved, from one stack to another, passing through the bunch of books as if it was enlightening with wisdom, Taehyung chose to believe it like that instead of something spooky qualms his mind was trying to decipher. It might be something like the God of Books or fairytales to pick him up from there in a space shuttle to take him away to the land of aliens. Then he heard footsteps.

The moving light and the footsteps- Taehyung held his hand on his heart unknowingly and tried to breathe calmly. Though he was miserably failing at it, he clenched his balled fist tighter than ever to control his nerves.

"Is--- is there anyone---"

Taehyung couldn't complete the sentence when the footsteps stopped, the light became more clear, kind of too shiny to his eyes but he didn't fail to read those eyes, trace those flawless features. He did hear the loud thumping of heart reverberated in the library along with him, he will never fail to catch a glimpse of the mellow rhythm that never beat for him but still, he can feel it even from far away. He was blinded by the cologne that blended with the old vintage pages and stained inks along with the sweet daffodils. His heart had already made the portrait.

Just in front of him, holding the phone in one hand, and some books in the other hand, doe eyes staring at him with an awestruck expression, there stood his beloved.

Taehyung forgot to breathe. He was seeing this, he was living this. Jeon Jungkook stood in front of him equally puzzled as him, maybe contemplating fate or cursing at the stupidity of the library authority for locking them alone. One thing was sure, Jungkook was regretting everything, unlike Taehyung who had the whole eternity planned with the man in front of him who was oblivious about all of this.

A smug adorned his beautiful lips when his eyes trailed from head to toe of Jungkook, shamelessly checking the man out who was wearing a black turtleneck t-shirt, black jeans, raven hair styled smoothly, the numerous piercing standing out like a cherry on top for Taehyung's whipped precious imaginations. Even though his demeanor was nothing less than that of a gangster, Jeon Jungkook looked so soft like a marshmallow. Taehyung wanted to squish those cheeks, hug him until his bone broke, and prep him with kisses.

Okay, Kim Taehyung, have you heard about the word patience?

Maybe yes, but no, love can't be patient. This moment is all Taehyung got. To erase the epic line of Jeon Jungkook unaware of his existence, to let the man know that he's madly truly uncontrollably in love with him, Taehyung had only this chance. He doesn't care if they were stuck in there, or if no one will hear their cry for help. All Taehyung wanted was a chance and he hoped to not mess it up and blame it on his clumsy self later. Because, last time he checked, he and his infamous fate weren't really going on good terms.

A heartwarming smile plastered on his lips when he found Jungkook walking toward him. With each step, Taehyung's heart went wilder than it already is. Next second, Jungkook and Taehyung walked together, eyes on each other, book stacks on either side of them, slow steps and stuttering hearts, swelling emotions and scared hopes, they only stopped when they were inches apart from each other, yet so far. It irks Taehyung that he can't pause the world at least for once, to hold his beloved, he can't throw himself on Jungkook and tell him how much he missed him, he can't fall on his knees and let the other know that there will be no other man for whom Taehyung will do this.

If it's not you, then it's no one.

Taehyung had told his heart from the very moment he realized he was way too deep in love with Jungkook. God, he never liked the idea of being in love until Jungkook happened, and look where it brought him. Tears filled in his eyes, lips trembling and his heart thumping hard, yet helpless to do everything he wished, Taehyung stood like a page Jungkook never remembered reading. Was this written before or did the story change?

"Ugh, I think someone locked the library from outside... It's just..."

For someone who got a chance to talk to their crush for the first time, Taehyung did a pretty good job in it. No stuttering, no fidgeting. Just he was so mesmerized by Jungkook up close- like a dream. Or more beautiful than just a dream.

Taehyung took a deep inhale before completing his words.

"It's just..."

"The two of us?"

The deep whisper got him hooked on the doe eyes that settled on nowhere but him. Jungkook's first words for him were about the two of them. God, Taehyung almost felt like a mother waiting to hear her baby's first words. Okay, back to the topic, Jungkook was scanning him, his eyes, his moles, his nose, and Taehyung felt burning under his gaze. The other was doing nothing but still, Taehyung could only admire the man, nodding his head softly. He wanted to hear that deep voice laced in Busan Satoori too bad as if it's the only pill that can save him now.

"Umm... I'll try calling someone to---"

"NO!"

Taehyung cut the man, shocking Jungkook with his loud voice that echoed in the room. Ugh, Kim Taehyung, could you be any more pathetic? He cursed under his breath before covering the awkwardness with a sheepish grin and replied.

"I mean, I've already called my friends from the student council. They'll find the key and will unlock us, don't worry."

Oh, don't you worry. Taehyung got this. With an evident smirk lingering on his lips, Taehyung peeked at Jungkook. Of course, the other didn't notice his gesture since he was already dipped in thoughts. Clearing his throat to grab the attention of Jungkook, once again, Taehyung met with the chocolate orbs of the younger, felt like drowning deep in that ocean. He couldn't care about Jungkook's puzzled eyes on him since all he wanted was to cover up the embarrassment.

"I--- I will search for some candles in the drawers there."

Jungkook said, scratching his neck and gaze averting to the island at the entrance of the library where their librarian sits, surrounded by computers and stacked books on the desk. They hoped to have at least a candle in those drawers of Prof. Youngjae, their librarian. Sauntering towards it, Jungkook tried to play it cool. Still, Taehyung didn't fail to notice the hesitation in his steps. His eyes didn't leave Jungkook who searched the first three drawers, busy hands and lowered gaze concentrated on the stuff in the drawers.

When Jungkook pulled out a candlestick with a relieved smile, Taehyung's lips curled into a smile too. Watching Jungkook was so fun, he could do it for his whole life. Or maybe, Taehyung is a little more whipped for Jungkook. He snapped out of his trance when Jungkook asked something and Taehyung hid the embarrassed blush before searching inside his pocket. He gave the other the lighter after a moment of pause. Lighting the candle, Jungkook placed it on the wooden paperweight which was placed carefully on top of the stacked books.

They both sat carefully, Jungkook stared at the phone which went switched off because of the low battery. A small sigh left his mouth, but not that suffocated one. They were sitting opposite each other, backs leaning on the bookshelves, bringing their knees to their chest and resting their head atop them, while gazing at the candlelight between them.

It felt right. Though the library was hot to them, tiredness slowly started to act up and sleep was seconds away from them, yet it felt so good. As if all the result was worth the waiting, Taehyung glanced at the light and then at Jungkook who was deep in thought. His doe eyes were shining like a galaxy.

In his black hoodie, black jeans, and messy hair falling on his forehead, Jungkook reminded him that their styles contrasted so badly. The male was wearing metal earrings, hoops, and dangling on his ears, where Taehyung will never back out from Gucci pearls and exclusive Chanel jewelry he shares with Jimin. Unlike Jungkook, Taehyung loved to wear pastel shades to feel comfortable. Even now in his mint green shaded sweater and white joggers, Taehyung looked soft and cozy, the polar opposite of Jungkook who gave off the idea of a rebellious gangster or a mafia bunny. Taehyung suppressed a laugh while gazing at Jungkook.

'Say something'

He heard his dear mind telling him, always giving him the idea of doing something weird. He wanted to curse at himself because the next moment Taehyung did something incredible that made Jungkook look at him as if he was an alien.

"It's so cool, right?"

Ugh. Taehyung shut his eyes the moment his words came out, cheeks getting hot and red because of the embarrassment. They were stuck in a library, well planned or whatever, with only small candlelight between them, strangers than ever, phones switched off and helpless. Yes, Kim Taehyung. Naver yourself about how to disappear to an alien land.

"Ugh... It's... kind of hot for me here..."

Oh, the voice, the words, the small curl of his pink lips, the wide doe eyes, Jeon Jungkook had him drooling over the little things and Taehyung let himself be like that. He enjoys the moment. He seized the distance. He found solace in the silence.

A sheepish grin settled on his face as Taehyung shook his head, words forming in his head too shy to let them out. He scanned Jungkook one more time, not getting any judgemental look from the other, Taehyung sighed internally and then murmured.

"Oh, I meant... The library... No, the books... Like the one you're reading- It's so cool."

Taehyung stuttered out, facepalming at the excuses he made to save himself. With an adorable smile plastered on his lips, Jungkook scanned the book in his hand just to nod at the other's words. He didn't say anything further, and let themselves bask in the hush of the library. It felt oddly calming though he was with a stranger. Jungkook smiled softly before glancing away at the book stacks. A calming silence filled the void between them, with a soft smile they drowned in their own thoughts.

The only thing Taehyung had in his head was how to make a move but he knew he was failing. It's even more difficult especially when Jungkook had eyes only on the book in front of him. Taehyung tilted his head sideways from where the light was coming.

His notebook was settled on his lap, hiding the page from Jungkook's sight. He played with the pen in his hand, while waiting for the other to say something since he was sure that if he opens his mouth again, he will either embarrass himself or scare Jungkook away. So, Taehyung kept his mum, side glancing at Jungkook and scribbling something on his notebook.

He then read the lines he wrote, heart unknowingly squeezing the life out of him. Jungkook on the other hand was staring at the candle between them as if it ignited something in him. But it was Taehyung who felt the burn. It was Taehyung who felt the world spinning though Jungkook was in a truce, like a beautiful painting.

Taehyung smiled softly looking at the man, pondering over the confessions he wanted to make to Jungkook. He was in a daze about an infinity together which felt like a daydream. Not so surprisingly, Taehyung found himself praying for the time to stop so that he can have this moment forever.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Suggest some pickup lines to help out our Taetae?🥺

Hope you're having fun with the story.

Thanks for reading💜

~AnecdotesOfABroken

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 1.2K 26
Two person were happily married and living their life peacefully everything was fine but everything shattered one day.....they had to part their way ...
75.4K 2.9K 26
Jungkook met his disappeared lover but what if he is pregnant and with another partner...... Flower series Book 2 ( sequel to Breathing Flowers ) Sta...
72.9K 4.2K 40
[Completed] Kim Seokjin has grown up in a orphanage and after a lots of difficulties, now he is an famous event manager. Jeon Jungkook is very rich...
736K 23.3K 51
Sequel of my book 'All I Need Is You' Just a Taekook story, imagining their married life with a child. Must read the prequel of the book before this...