Shot clock | Book 2 in USC se...

By dontworryboutit123

Book two Rhegan Clarke: A girl who has everything but struggles to grasp the one thing she truly wants. " I... More

𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖.
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖.

8.9K 252 196
By dontworryboutit123

Rhegan Clarke

I liked to think of myself as a ballsy person.

I mean you have to have balls in order to shit about anyone, bitch at anyone and get away unscathed.

But the ballsiest thing that I've ever done in my lifetime is turning down Dominic Steele... multiple times.

Okay, I wouldn't say turning down Dominic wanting to take our fling to the next level is ballsy. That was the most cowardly thing I have ever done in my life. Even so, I'd rather be a coward than put him through something that I was nowhere near to being one hundred percent ready for.

" Penny for your thoughts."

Dominic appears behind me as I observe my super cute yet super casual outfit for dinner. My jewel covered fingers drifted across the exposed skin of my abdomen as I pulled down my top a little, twisting my body to get a view from the side.

" My thoughts are worth more than a penny, Dommy," I smiled at him through the mirror as I found my appearance worthy of a casual dinner.

My outfit was a black crop top that I decided on going braless under. I was a full believer in freeing the nips from time to time.

I had the assets, why not show them off?

And I paired the top with some of the most comfortable black bottoms. They hugged my abdomen, ass, and thighs but flared loosely from the rest of my legs down.

Turning around, I drop my hands to the side as he watches me from the night stand, clasping his silver chain around his neck as he watches me.

He was wearing a white hoodie, a grey Giants varsity jacket over it, light grey jeans, and his thousandth pair of air forces. I swear that he has a pair for every day of the week.

He looked so good.

He always looked good. He was Dominic fucking Steele and he could do no wrong. His cockiness and confidence was so attractive, yet his level headedness and chill demeanor is what drew me to him.

" How do I look?" I speak up after visibly drooling over him and everything that he was.

Dominic motions for me to spin around, his pointer finger twirling in a circular motion. Flaring my hands, I turn around in a slow circle, feeling his eyes slowly take down every inch of my body.

" Like the mother of my children."

My mouth dropped as I turned around quickly, almost knocking myself off balance as he smirked and approached me.

" Better close that mouth, Rhegan," he practically yanked me closer to him, our bodies coming flush together."You'll be sucking in a lot more than air."

I had to practically crane my neck back to look up at him even though I was pretty tall. Dominic was a whooping 6'7 to my 5'9 height. He was almost a whole foot taller than me...

He was the only person that I'd ever felt small around.

Growing up I was always insecure about my height. I was the tallest girl in my class until I reached high school. Going to a highschool that had good sports teams ensured that every parent who had money and kids with even a small speck of talent would send them there.

That meant girls that were naturally built like Amazonian goddess warriors were around, making me look average sized compared to them.

I eventually grew more confident in my height as time went on and I filled into my body.

You know, I never saw why D1 athletes went for the girls that were below average height.

It wasn't that they weren't cute or anything. It was the fact that men that were giants compared to girls who were like tiny mushrooms compared to them were breaking their backs just to get a kiss on the lips.

Don't get me wrong, I loved a good height difference.

But a reasonable height difference.

Not one where homeboy would be spending multiple visits at the chiropractor because he was breaking his back over kisses and not over a muscle spasm.

I thought that Dominic and I had a reasonable height difference. I was roughly 6'0 in a pair of four inch heels which proves that our height difference is reasonable enough that I could still look cute besides him in heels.

And the fact that our kids would either be supermodels or super athletic.

At the mere thought of kids, my eyes widened as I took a sharp intake of breath.

The amusement in Dominic's eyes faded just as quickly as his smile did. His hands spread further up my back as mine rested on his elbows.

" What's wrong, Ice?"

I blinked, coming back to reality at the alarm in his tone.

" I'm going to have to push your adult babies out of my vagina," I spoke as the horrifying thought ran rampant in my mind.

Just like that, the sexy and cocky smirk of his was plastered back onto his irritatingly perfect face.

God he was so annoyingly beautiful and hot and sexy and handsome.

" I don't think that bringing up our future offspring is taking this slow between us, Rhegan," he waved his finger between the two of us.

" Says the one bringing up our future offspring, making sexual innuendos, and trying to touch my no no area knowing that it is off limits as of right now," my balled up fist knock in the center of his forehead before I push out of his warm embrace.

His body heat was too much for me.

His scent was too much for me.

His touch was too electric to the point where if he'd have been holding me close to that spectacular body of his, I would've climbed him like a baby monkey and insisted that he accompany me to pound town.

Waking over to the bed, I shoved my foot into my pure money retro's and lifted my feet, kicking them as I fluttered my lashes towards Dominic.

He let out a sigh as he dropped to a knee and tied both of them my shoes.

Ha— and people said that I would never find anyone to put up with my bitchy and high maintenance ways.

I didn't think that I was high maintenance.

Being raised by a single father who did any and everything that he could for me no matter what, my expectations were sure to be higher than your average girl.

If being sure of what I wanted by not settling for
someone with mediocre dick game and calls a pair of khaki shorts and a hoodie a fit high maintenance than so be it.

I have been treated like a princess by my father ever since my first cry. I refuse to settle just to be treated like a peasant.

Dominic on the other hand, Dominic put up
with my and all of my high maintenance ways,sometimes even encouraging them.

When he was done tying my shoe, he sighed, his large palms gripping and sliding up and down my thighs as I stared at him. It was quite clear that his mind was doing overtime at this moment.

" Penny for your thoughts?" I mimicked his earlier question with a lifted brow. Dominic stands up, his body still hunched over as he leaned forward, coming nose to nose with me.

" I'm thinking about how much I missed your sexy ass," he steals a quick kiss from me, sucking on my bottom lip for a split second.

My nose scrunched up as he brushed his against mine, exhaling through his nose. " As you should. You should always think about me and my sexy ass."

Dominic barks out a laugh before he lifts me into the air so quickly that I hadn't even registered my body leaving the bed until I was sat on to my feet. His large hand comes in contact with my ass, squeezing it like it was the softest putty he'd ever touched.

" Oh trust, this ass of yours hunts me a little more than I'd like to admit." He proceeded to pay it thrice before walking out of his bedroom door.

Before we joined the others in the living room, I grabbed his zip up that I was borrowing and not returning off of his bed along with my mini prada bag and phone before chasing after him.

" Let's eat!" Dominic clapped, rubbing his hands together as I stopped beside him, smoothing out the top of my gelled hair.

" I'm kind of full," Carson not so silently mutters, earning a smack from Ayanna just as quickly as he spoke the words.

"Carson!" Ayanna scolded him, pinching the flesh of his arm between her nails until he jumped in reaction.

" They wouldn't have known the context of my words if you didn't just smack me," Carson points out.

Ayanna purses her lips, avoiding everyone's gaze as she marches forward and pushes past everyone."Let's go! I'm starving."

I toss out a laugh as Carson scurries past us, chasing after Ayanna and ignoring the daggers that Dominic was throwing his way.

The dynamic between the two boys was always hilarious, but now that Dominic is Ayanna's step brother, it was on a whole other level of funny. Like bending over and clutching your stomach because it aches at the fact that you can't stop laughing funny.

" If he wasn't my best friend I would strangle him to death."

" Because Ayanna would definitely allow that," I linked hands with Jora, pulling her away from a snickering Kyler and following after the couple down the hallway.

" You're oddly sweet today," Jora observes as we walk a good distance away from our men.

" I'm happy being back with him," I admit out loud. " After being away and miserable without even a hint of him, I'm happy. And I know that we're sort of in a honeymoon phase where the both of us are too scared to push each other too far, but I'm just glad to be here with him."

What I really wanted to say was that I was beyond grateful that he'd even want to put up with me and my shit still.

Other assholes in the male species would've sent a big fuck you, followed by some name calling and uncalled for slut shaming, followed by some weak attempt at gaslighting and manipulation, followed by them moving on twenty-four hours later.

I chalked men like that up to them either having no father figure or shitty father figures.

But Dominic, Dominic was raised by one of the sweetest men that I had ever met and took no disrespect when it came to the women in his life.

Dominic, forever grateful to Jax for choosing him to be his son, would never do anything to disappoint Jax.

Plus it helped that the two were thick as thieves.

" What about you?" I look at her," You're oddly quiet after your shower. What'd he do?"

" He just simply reminded me of one of the many reasons why I am weak minded when it comes to him."

I frowned," you're not weak, Jora. You're in love and there's nothing wrong with that."

Jora chews on her bottom lip as we look over our shoulders,casting glances to Kyler as he half
listens to Dominic and focuses his gaze on the freckled brunette walking besides me.

" Some would say that I am," she toys with the end of her braided ponytail as we approach Ayanna and Carson.

" When did we ever give a fuck about what people have to say about us, Jo?" I asked as Ayanna pulled away from Carson and joined in on our conversation having heard the end of it.

" Never," she hooks her arm around Jora's neck.

" Be in love. Fuck other people and their unwarranted opinions. As long as you are happy and feel that what you are doing is for the best then that's all that matters," I tell her, only wanting her to worry about her opinion on her life and only hers.

Love was messy.

It wasn't perfect and there wasn't sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns.

Love was imperfect. And you couldn't help who you fell for.

Love was the messiest bitch of them all.

" You guys are right. I think that I am just scared," she admits as the guys catch up to us.

" Scared of what?" Kyler slips his hand around her waist as we get into the elevator.

Jora shakes her head, forcing a smile on her face as she speaks quietly with him, most likely feeding him a lie that he will force himself to believe. However, deep down he was unaware of what she truly meant.

Getting off of the elevator, I walked behind Carson and Ayanna under the pretenses that we would drive with them until I was swept in a separate direction. It was then that I saw Dominic's challenger parked in a spot a little further from Carson's G- Wagon.

" Can I drive?"

Dominic threw his back as he huffed out an amused laugh. I stood staring blankly at him, waiting for him to get over whatever he found funny.

" No ma'am," he simply says, opening my door for me.

Huffing, I crossed my arms and stood in front of the open door. A sly smile spread along Dominic's lips as he stood ever so patiently behind it.

" If I move you then we're going to have a problem, Rhegan. Lose the attitude and get your ass in the damn car," he says calmly.

I shake my head." I wanna ride."

" You wanna ride?" He teased, his mind clearly in the gutter. " I can give you a ride."

Rolling my eyes, I uncrossed my arms and marched towards the open door. " Not that kind of ride," I made clear before grabbing the door handle and closing the door.

The driver door opens a few seconds later. I train my gaze forward and attempt to ignore him and the stare that he was burning into the side of my face.

His fingers gently grip my chin, turning me to face him softly. His brown eyes bore into mine as I keep up my act.

" Why are you so difficult?" He mumbles.

For some reason his words felt like a punch to the gut.

I didn't mean to come off as difficult.

Realizing that I took the words opposite of what he intended them to be, his grip lightened up in my chin and turned into a soft caress.

" You can drive back," he compromised. I smile
softly, stewing over the words he'd spoken moments before.

Why are you so difficult?

Why was I difficult?

The entire car ride was silent and tense. I fiddled with my thumb ring, picking at the diamonds in my ring as his words repeated over and over in my mind.

This is what I didn't want to happen.

I didn't want to be difficult with him.

It was clear that I was overthinking his words. My thoughts were getting the best of me as they mixed with the voices in the back of my head, reminding me of why so left him in the first place.

I must've been lost in thought during the course of the ride because I hadn't registered the car stopping or Dominic turned off the engine.

" Rhegan," I looked over at him at the sound of his voice.

" I didn't mean that."

" I know," even if my mind told me otherwise, I knew that he would never use my insecurities against me.

" Then why'd you get quiet on me? You're going to have to talk to me and tell me how you feel, Ice. We can't take a step forward only to take multiple steps backwards this time around."

He grabs my hand and runs his thumb over my knuckles as he sighs. " We have to communicate. If I say something that you don't like, call me out on that shit."

I focus my gaze on our conjoined hands and the soothing actions of his thumb," okay," I whisper.

He was right.

Communication is what we lacked last time. Mostly on my end and I needed to work on that for not only our relationship but to move past my insecurities.

" I'm sorry," I wrap my hand around his, bringing his knuckles to my lips and kissing them softly.

Dominic shook his head," don't apologize."

" We're both still new to this. We can figure it out as we go but we have to communicate."

I nod, reaching over to wrap my arms around his neck."Why are you so good to me?" I whispered, melting into his warmth.

Dominic simply pressed a kiss to my lips, ignoring my question and instead kissed me softly as the light from a lamp lost shined through his windows. My fingertips rested against the scruff of his chin as he tasted my lips.

" Let's go eat," he suggested.
______________

Waking up the next morning, I found myself extremely hot and tangled on top of Dominic's body.

I had fallen asleep on top of him and expected to have been in a different position come morning. Clearly I was wrong.

Dominic's hands rested just above my ass on my lower back, his head was turned into his pillows, snoring away contently.

I lifted myself up, his grip on my backside tightened yet he made no moves to open his eyes. Grasping his hands, I started to pry them away only to still at the feel of his morning wood brushing against the inside of my thighs and rubbing against my clit.

My lips parted as I quickly tried to move off of him, only for him to smirk into his pillow case.

" Asshole," I slapped at his chest, quickly scurrying off of him and running into the bathroom.

Pulling my sleeping shorts down, I wasn't surprised to find a wet spot staining them and the granny underwear that I wore to sleep at night. " Jesus," I whimpered, practically feeling the ghost of his print against my clit as I dug my head in my hands.

He was going to make this extremely difficult for me.

Rhegan-1 Dominic-1

The score was even...

For now.

After composing myself and peeing, I walked out of the bathroom, ignoring his eyes that followed me as he leaned against the headboard with his phone in hand. My steps didn't falter as I entered his closet and shut the door behind me, leaving me to be at peace to choose my outfit for the game tonight.

I pulled out two options.

One was a white flowly long sleeve and a matching mini skirt.

The second was a sheer multicolored crop top, black cargos that hung low on my hips, and sneakers.

The first option was more me but the second option was more appropriate for a game yet still fashionable enough for me to look fabulous while sitting courtside.

" Nic!" I called out.

He should've been out of bed and getting ready for the pre-game practice.

After shouting his name a few more times, he eventually saunters into the closet, opening the door and leaving it open behind him.

" Which outfit?"

Dominic looks shocked," You want my opinion?"

I blink repeatedly, nodding my head slowly." Yeah, that's why you're here. Now pick please."

Dominic gets over his shock and walks towards both outfits. He immediately pointed to the cargo outfit after just one glance towards the white outfit.

" May I ask why?" I put the set away, tucking it back into my suitcase.

" I'm not going to be able to focus on a damn game if your sexy legs are out. You want me to win tonight, not lose," he says.

I still had more than enough time to get ready for the game. Grabbing the outfit, I walked into the room and sat it in the bed that was made next to Dominic's. The shower water was running and the bathroom door was closed.

And just as I think about walking out of the room, a mischievous idea comes to mind.

Before I know it, I'm stripping out of my night clothes and walking into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

Entering the shower, I close the door behind me as Dominic turns to look over his shoulder.

" Drop the smirk. I'm just here to save water and be kind to mother earth," I speak innocently.

Dominic's shoulders shake as he presses a palm to the tile wall, the water running down his toned back as I loop my arms around his waist. My lips press against his shoulder blades, wetting them as I continue the trial.

" Are you going to win tonight?" I asked, continuing my kisses.

Dominic inhaled deeply, " Do winners still have to take it slow?"

I grinned against his skin," slow and steady wins the race right?"

Dominic straightens his spine, standing at his full height before turning around. " You make this so hard on me, Ice. All I want to do is make up for lost time."

Our bodies are pressed together, his forehead touching mine as he gazes into my eyes deeply. They are deep and intense just like the night we'd started our relationship up.

" It's hard for me too," I admit." But think of it like this, our physical connection is more than fine. Our emotional connection could be a little stronger. The slower we take this, the bigger the reward."

I then stand on my toes, reaching up to his ear as my hand snakes around his neck." Plus, with the tension brewing between us, the sex is bound to be earth shattering."

Dominic stilled as I whispered," I'll let you do whatever you want to me and I won't complain."

" I'll take it like a champ for you."

Because that's what a champion does— fuck like one.

HEEYYYYY!!!!

This was supposed to be out yesterday but work literally stressed me out and ruined my mood...

I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Thoughts?!?!?

Dominic is a hot dog....

Rhegan's fit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 1K 30
NPU SERIE | BOOK TWO (HOCKEY) Kennedy Sloan is done with guys. Her boyfriend, now ex, cheated on her with the one person she thought she could trust...
136K 3.3K 42
"Well if you want to be my friend go buy me pizza and sprite!" "But what if i don't want to your friend? and I want to be someone else?" Alexa Colt...
690K 19.8K 49
#𝟐 • 𝐀 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐞. ❝Be my girlfriend, Cassie. And I'm not taking no for an answer.❞ ❝I wasn't going to say no.❞ • When your best...
12.8K 466 17
(Book Two) I would read the first book if you haven't cause it will explain some stuff and cause it is a good book. Warning!! If you don't like men g...