notice • lashton

By urlashton

Ashton always felt that something wasn't right in Luke's relationship. Everybody thought it sounded crazy, un... More

prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
Thank you for reading!
quick update

twenty.

662 34 32
By urlashton

-Calum-

"Ash?"

...

"Can you please open the door? I brought you some breakfast."

I knocked again.

"Ash?"

...

I sighed, gently placing the tray on the ground.

"I'm leaving some food and water right here if you need, okay?"

...

I massaged my forehead, groaning before dashing down the stairs.

"So?" Michael asked once I stepped into the kitchen.

I shook my head as I pouted my lips, making him exhale deeply.

"He haven't eaten anything for two days... I am so worried."

"He will be fine." He answered, taking another bite of his french toast.

I raised an eyebrow at him as I sat down on one of the chairs. "I guess..." I paused. "Anyway, how did you sleep?"

"Well." He took a sip of his coffee.

I rolled my eyes, violently knocking my fist on the table. He jumped slightly, spilling some of the hot beverage on his shorts.

"Ouch! What the fuck is your problem?!" He asked frustratedly, putting the cup back away as he got up.

"What the fuck is YOUR problem?!" I corrected him when he grabbed a wet cloth. "You've been acting like that since last night!"

"Oh yeah, I am sorry!" He sarcastically replied, cleaning himself up. "Only Ashton has the right to feel sad about the whole situation! It's not like my best friend and the guy I'm dating lied straight to my face for months! My bad!"

I looked at him silently, eyes opening wide.

"You could've told me, you know?!" He continued, throwing the damp towel back inside the sink. "I could've helped! Maybe I could've done something, anything!"

"I didn't lie to you, Luke did!" I followed his path to the living room.

"You knew about all of this! You knew that their relationship was fake, you knew what was going on between him and Ashton, you knew about the notebook, and yet you decided not to tell me anything! I have every right to be upset with you!"

"I had no other choice-"

"No, you did!" He cut me off. "You chose to keep all of this away from me! I can understand Luke, he was under a contract, but what about you?!"

"Are you seriously defending his actions right now?!" I spat angrily. "He betrayed every single person in this house, and did not care to look back even once! Don't compare me to this monster, ever!"

"He is not a monster-"

"Oh yeah?! What is he, then?!" I shouted. "His best friend is falling apart, and the guy he is supposedly in love with is upstairs, probably crying his eyes out! He caused all of this, where the fuck is he?!"

He just stared at me silently, like a knife just stabbed him right in the heart.

Seems like it just hit him...

Luke is no longer here, he is gone.

And God knows if he is ever coming back.

My gaze suddenly softened when his eyes began to be unexpressive. He let his body fall on the couch behind him, covering his face with both of his hands.

"Mike..." I whispered when I heard him sob. "No, no, don't cry."

I took a seat next to him, placing one of my hands on his back and the other on his thigh. I gently rubbed his right shoulders, laying my head on the left one.

"It is going to be okay." I softly said, giving his arm a peck.

It took a few minutes, but he calmed down eventually. He slowly moved his hands away from his complexion, taking his time to face me. I gave him a comforting smile while looking him in the eyes, laying my fingers on his cheek so I could wipe that last tear away.

"I'm sorry." My smile faded at the sound of his voice breaking.

"No, I'm sorry." I insisted, quickly giving him a hug. "I didn't mean to take my anger out on you."

He wrapped his arms around me, hiding his face in my neck. "It's okay, you are right." He paused, sniffing. "It's just... Fuck, he's my best friend, Cal. I- I just-"

I shushed him, kneading his back. "Shh... I get it. I really do." I sighed. "Ashton is my best friend too, and he obviously did not want whatever was in this notebook to get out. That is the only reason I did not tell you, alright? Believe me, it was really hard for me to keep this to myself."

He nodded, letting go of my embrace. "I understand."

"I'm sorry." I repeated.

"I know, and so am I."

We grinned at each other before I kissed his forehead. "How about you pick a movie, and I go buy us some snacks?" I suggested, making his eyes light up.

"Sounds amazing!" He excitedly answered.

"Great, I'll be back."

I was about to get up, however he immediately pulled me down. He placed his hand on my hair, bringing me closer so our lips would collide. I tilted my head to the side to deepen the kiss, hand on the edge of his neck. We both closed our eyes to savor every second of this, tugging away only when the two of us were out of breath.

"What was that for?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

"I don't know..." He halted. "Just a thank you for being awesome, I guess."

I smiled wildly, giving him a peck before jumping out of my seat. "I'll be quick."

"Good." I heard him say as I was leaving the room.

I rapidly made my way to the garage, speeding to the nearest grocery store...

Or so he thought.

I'm sorry, Michael.

There is one stop I need to make first...

I let my body take control of the steering wheel, dragging me right to their house. It was no surprise for me to see all the paparazzi standing at their door, probably waiting for any of them to talk about the massacre that happened a few nights ago.

However, lucky for me, I know my way to the back entry.

I parked my car on the other side of the mansion, running towards the door that instantly led to the kitchen.

"Sierra?!" I knocked harshly. "Luke?!" I knocked again. "It's Calum. I know you assholes are here, open the door now!"

I continued to bang and kick the hard material, knowing they would eventually let me in.

Which they did...

She stood right in front of me, looking a mess.

I would describe her to you, but I know nobody really cares.

Me included.

"Where is he?" I asked, quickly stepping into their home. "Luke! Luke!!!"

"Stop yelling!" She ran behind me. "He is not here, he left."

I faced her, now staring into her sad, teary eyes.

"Where is he?" I asked again.

...

"I said, where is he?!" I raised the tone of my voice, holding her by the shoulders and shaking her up.

"I don't know!" She yelled.

"You do know!"

...

"Sierra, I swear to God-"

"He's at the airport!" She pushed me away from her. "He is leaving for good, are you happy now?!"

I silently looked at her. "He is leaving, and it is your friend's fault-"

"You keep Ashton's name out of your mouth." I cut her off in the coldest tone ever, my eyes getting darker and darker the more I looked at her. "Got it?"

She froze to the ground as she looked at me with goggly eyes, gulping all the saliva left in her mouth.

"Wait!" She shouted when I was about to step outside. "Please, don't hurt Luk-"

"Stay out of this." I ordered, slamming the door shut behind me.

I unlocked my car, getting inside of it as quickly as I could. How was he able to go to the airport without getting caught by hundreds of people?

He's good.

I ignored every red light possible, almost feeling the fast and furious fantasy.

He will not get away with this.

I parked in the nearest parking, entering the big building after only a few seconds.

I analyzed every inch of the room with my eyes, hoping to spot him.

Wait, is that him?

Who is that blonde girl next to him?

He covered his face further with his sunglasses and hat, as he was about to go to the check in.

Shit, shit, shit.

"Luke!!" I shouted as loud as I could.

The both of them completely stopped in their tracks.

"Calum?!" He asked once he turned around, watching me run to his direction. "Calum, how did you-"

"Can we talk?" I cut him off, looking right at the unknown women. "Alone."

He nodded, glancing at her. "Go ahead, I won't be long."

She nodded, slowly getting out of sight.

"So..." I started, crossing my arms together. "Running away from your problems with your new girlfriend, I see."

"She is not-"

"I can't believe you did this." I spat. "You do realize people have feelings too, right?! Do you even care about Michael? About Ashton?!"

"Of course I do." He answered in a calm tone. "But I had to think about myself, Calum."

I dry laughed. "You're an asshole, you know that, right?"

"I do." He stopped. "How are they-"

"Just don't, okay?!" I interrupted him again. "Don't try to pretend that you give a shit. Not when the damage is already done."

He pressed his lips together, staring at the ground. "I am going back to Australia." He said after a moment of silent. "So, don't worry, you won't hear anything from me for a long time."

I quietly glared at him. "Look..." He continued, sighing. "Once again, I am so sorry. I wouldn't have done any of this if I didn't have to, and-"

"Do you love him, Luke?"

He stayed put for awhile, looking me back in the eyes. I raised both of my eyebrows, waiting eagerly for any word to come out of his mouth.

"More than you know." He gave me the sincerest look ever, making my gaze soften a little bit. "I- fuck, this wasn't part of my plan. I didn't think I'd fall for him. That is why I have to go, I know that I am no good for him."

He picked his suitcases up from the ground, shaking his head to stop himself from tearing up. "Once again, I am sorry. Tell Michael I love him, and please take care of Ashton for me... I hope one day, you guys will understand."

I want to believe you...

However, you causing endless pain to the two people I love most is making it hard.

I almost started feeling bad for you...

Until I remembered, you don't deserve it.

You don't deserve any sympathy.

"Luke." I said once he turned around to leave.

He tilted his head so he could see me.

"Go to Australia, and never come back..." I said in an icy tone. "Because if you ever think of stepping your foot here again, I'll fucking kill you."

I watched his whole body getting tenser, as his ocean eyes opened wide.

"Have the flight you deserve." I added, giving him one last spiteful look before stepping away.

I could feel his eyes on me the whole time, but I did not care.

Quite frankly, he is very lucky that I found him in a fucking public place.

I went back to my car, feeling a thousand times better about all of this.

I know that it will hurt Ashton and Michael for awhile, but Luke going away is probably the best thing to happen to the both of them.

"Hello?" I answered the phone after turning the ignition on.

"C-Ca-Calum-" I frowned at the familiar trembling voice.

"Mike? What happened? What's wrong?!" I asked, suddenly very worried.

He sniffed a few times.

"I-It's- It's-" He stuttered, trying to take control of his breathing. "It's- It's Ashton, I-"

"What about Ashton?!"

...

"Michael, talk!!"

"I- I was worried and I- I went to check on him. He- he wasn't responding so I knoc- knocked down his do-or."

My hands started shaking vigorously.

Please don't say it.

Please.

"He- I don't know how he got that many pills. I- I don't know, I- so many empty medicine bottles, Calum. He- he-"

"Where are you?!"

"At the hospital, I called 911, I-"

"I'm on my way."

"He- he wasn't breathing. C-Cal- he- he wasn't-"

Calm down, calm down, calm down.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"Send me your location right now. Don't move, I'll be there before you know it."

"Yes, o-okay."

I hung up, slamming my phone on the seat next to me.

"For fuck's sake!!" I cursed out, banging on the steering wheel with my fists continuously.

No, Ashton, no.

You promised.

You fucking promised.

You can't die.

You can't leave me.

You said you would let me know if anything is wrong...

Why didn't you?

For fuck's sake, Ashton.

You better be okay.

You have to be okay...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 66 12
Ashton's managed to evade the public eye for the most part after his turbulent exit from Hollywood years ago, only to be dragged back into the spotli...
10.9K 714 24
complete ☑️ no one knew what went on in ashton's life behind closed doors, and michael and calum were curious. © Copyright 2015 sincerelylashton All...
97.7K 4.3K 25
Luke Hemmings is a guy who thinks he is a total badass. He loves getting new tattoos and piercings. He rides a motorcycle and plays guitar. His best...
40.3K 2.1K 28
Calum tells Luke he has a friend he wants to set him up with. He tells Ashton he has a friend he'd like him to meet. He neglects to tell Luke Ashton...