ICT Imagines 2✅

By lovinuwasred

[Requests Closed] random imagines on our beloved ict🫂 If you are done reading this make sure to check out t... More

\\A/N
The Video Call
\\Requests 💌
The Good News
You Hate Me?
The Secret Mission 1
The Secret Mission 2
The Secret Mission 3
Sneaking In 1
Sneaking In 2
The Cook Off
I'm Not Jealous 1
I'm Not Jealous 2
You're Also My Kid 1
You're Also My Kid 2
Baking The Cake
The Treasure Hunt
Midnight Adventures 1
Midnight Adventures 2
My Heart's Full
I Know
The Stunt (teaser)
Rohit Yaar(chat)
The Stunt
You're My Best Friend
Yuzi's Serial
Eternal Love
The London Bridge
The New Team
Soulmate Telepathy
The Two Way Jealousy 1
The Two Way Jealousy 2
Memes And Templates 1
Closure(snippet)
A Year Older
The Friendship Test
Entertainment
Entertainment (extended)
Her (Sammy's Version)
\\Note [important]💌
The Trolls
Snippets
Switch 1
Switch 2
I'll Always Protect You
Girlfriend
Mother-henning
Men In Black
Handcuffed
Ikea Manual(chat)
Birthday Gone Wrong1
Birthday Gone Wrong 2
Smart And Smarter
Who Called Her?
71st
Propose
Who Is She? 1
Who Is She? 2
Memes And Templates 2
Couples 1
Couples 2
You And I Are Permanent
Maybe One Day(snippet)
The King Day
The Hitman Show
Pranking MS
Christmas Tree
Step Down
Start Of An Era
My Favourite Film(snippet)
The Ring Fiasco(chat)
Between The Two(Prologue)
Rumours
Prompts
\\The Spain Trip💌
Ipl Bromance
Mahi Bhai & Jealous?
Birthday Surprise
Part Time Spies
We Don't Like This(chat)
Between The Two 1
Between The Two 2
Between The Two 3
Daddy Hundreds
Sleepover
Memes And Templates 3
I Won't Talk To You (chat)
Big B
Drunken Shenanigans
Revenge
Strong Spidey
\\Note💌
Seatmates
Together Or Nothing
Deja Vu
Play date

It's Okay To Fail Sometimes

2.1K 94 74
By lovinuwasred

SophieArshian thank you for this idea. You're one of my favorite people here🤍

Warning : a long chapter ahead.

Happy reading!

Rohit-Jaddu

.........

Rohit couldn't be more happier to reunite with his team. He was out of the game for a while owning to his hamstring injury.

As soon as he passed his fitness test at NCA, he had called Virat, who had jumped around the room finally happy to welcome his best friend back.

As Rohit entered the team room, looking at the people, grinning widely, ready to pounce at him.

Rohit smilingly sighed in content. Glad to be back where he belonged.

His home, his people.

Virat as always claimed Rohit first, pulling him in a bear hug.

Everyone took there turns to hug their brother /bhaiya.

Jaddu, who was not really a person of a lot of affection was looking at all of them with a small smile on his face.

Rohit had been a constant presence in his life for now and though he would never say it out loud, he had missed his mate.

They weren't best friends like Rohit and Virat. There relationship was something different, something that could not be explained in words.

They were indeed soul brothers, always having each other's back, celebrating all the victories together, laughing in good times and crying and comforting each other during their falls.

When he came to wish him at last, Rohit pulled in a hug, smiling.

"kesa h", he asked as he pulled back.

Before Jaddu could answer, Virat who had been talking or more like commanding the manager to shift Rohit's luggage in his, came back.

"Rohit you must be tired, why don't you rest a bit?", he spoke, looking at Rohit's exhausted face.

Jaddu's attention diverted to Rohit's pale face. His eyes crinkled in concern as he looked at him.

Rohit indeed seemed to be hiding his weariness with a smile but did he actually succeed. No.

" yeah you should rest a bit, we can talk later", added Jaddu as he passed him a stern 'don't you dare disagree' look.

And though Rohit promptly opened his mouth to retort, he was shut down by 16 glaring eyes.

He pouted but let Virat drag him to their room.

"Jaddu bhaiya, I have a new reel idea, do you what to join me in", asked Yuzi, smugly.

"tell me", grinned Jaddu as he fell in steps with Yuzi.

........

In evening, Rohit was again surrounded by kids.

All of them demanding his attention at once. Rohit was trying to pay heed to all of them.

Jassi and Yuzi were animatedly talking to him. Shreyas and Rishabh were poking him constantly to get his input in their conversation. Hardik seemed to be pulling a tantrum by almost spilling the milk and Rahul seemed to be scowling at all of them.

Virat also sat helplessly trying get his attention but the most shocking fact was, even Jaddu's eyes were seeking attention.

Jaddu missed his brother and he got absolutely no time with him.

Jaddu eyes saddened as he played with his fork.

Rohit's eyes on the other end noticed something off with sir Jadeja.

Jaddu sitting quietly with a frown on his face and almost pouting didn't sit well with him.

Something was wrong and he needed to talk to him.

.........

Finally Rohit got off with meeting and spending time with all his kids and his best friend and other members of the team, everyone except Jaddu.

Where has he been all this while?

He walked through the corridors, looking attentively, trying to find him somewhere in the corner, planning his next prank.

At last, he decided to check in the last place where he could find him.

His room.

He knocked twice on Jaddu's room and waited patiently for it to open.

He looked at the parcel in his hand, examining if the packaging was okay.

Jaddu opened the door, his face mirroring pure surprise.

Rohit opened the door wide for himself when he saw him rooted at his spot.

"what were you doing?", he questioned as he entered the room like his own.

"Ahh nothing, just...", Jaddu nervously rubbed the back of his head.

Rohit looked at the pictures on the TV screen.

"... relieving the memories"

Rohit looked at the old pictures in awe.

He comfortably settled on the bed in front as he looked at the passing pictures.

Pictures of them right from when Jaddu joined the team.

Pictures of them laughing while lifting the cups together to pictures of them with red puffy eyes and red noses with ice-cream tubs in hands after losses.

Rohit looked at them, revisiting that golden era when they were kids with no worries.

Because Mahi bhai was there to look after them.

His eyes twinkled when he saw a very old picture of them.

"do you remember this day?", he asked excitedly as he turned to look at Jaddu.

Jaddu who was carefully unboxing the parcel Rohit got, startled.

He turned his attention towards the screen.

A 21 year old Jaddu was carrying a young Rohit on his back, both of them crackling while Rohit held a rubber snake which they had earlier thrown in Virat's room.

Virat who was Punjabi sher on most days had screamed on top of his lungs and was jumping on the bed in horror.

(I mentioned a similar picture in the first os I wrote on Rohit-Jaddu, this is the back story for it)

"those were the days", he laughed.

Rohit looked at Jaddu for a few seconds when he asked him again, "what's wrong Jaddu?"

Jaddu blinked his eyes a few times, not at all trying to hide his shock.

"how do you..."

"I know you like the back of hands Jaddu, now spill", he rolled his eyes.

Jaddu sighed as he settled on the bed, his fingers nervously fidgeting the wrapper.

This was so awkward for him, he never discussed his problems like this, he liked to stay silent and figure them out himself but now that Rohit had managed to see through his laughing facade, he also couldn't lie, it was as if his heart poured all the worries out itself.

"I feel like a failure", he muttered quietly.

Rohit looked at him in turn but kept quiet encouraging him to continue further.

"I failed my team as a captain in the ipl", he completed.

Rohit's face crossed realisation as he understood what he was referring to.

"I told them, I can't do this. I shouldn't. I don't have what it takes for a captain but they didn't listen and see where it got us", he mused, disappointment flashing through his face.

Rohit understood what Jaddu must be feeling.

Most of them had called him to assure that it was okay but they didn't call Jaddu just because they assumed he was the warrior and could deal with it.

Rohit instantly felt guilty for being so self centred that he didn't notice his best mate's plight.

"it's okay Jaddu, it's not always about winning, it's about giving your best. You tried your best and even if you failed, it's a part of learning", Rohit spoke soothingly.

"but we would have won if Mahi bhai was captain", he countered, desperation in his tone.

"why, why do you think so?"

"because he's the best captain", he replied in the duh tone.

"of course you're right, Mahi bhai is best but it's not right to be blaming yourself for the entire team's failure. It's not always up for the captain. Look at me, 5 trophies up our name and not a single win for 8 continuous matches in this season", Rohit chuckled a bit, a few days it was difficult to accept the fact but now he had come in terms with it that whatever happens, happens.

"it just wasn't your season. You gave your best, fought till the end, didn't win that's alright. Your efforts matter"

Jaddu looked at him in concentration with big eyes innocently as a kid looks at his mother when she tells him that it is okay to fall from cycle because that is exactly how we learn.

Jaddu finally nodded, gaining a bit of his lost confidence. It felt good to receive that assurance that it wasn't his fault, that he gave his best, that it was just not meant to be.

"now come on, open it", Rohit spoke cheerfully pointing at the gift in Jaddu's hand, diverting their attention to lighter topics.

Jaddu unwrapped it completely, his eyes going wide in surprise.

He looked at Rohit back in amusement who was smiling already.

It was a hand crafted piece of Jaddu with a sword on his horse, pyarelal (completely hypothetical).

"a fan I met said he did these sort of art pieces, I asked him if he could do one for me and I got you. I couldn't get you anything for your birthday na so this", Rohit explained, a bit nervous as he waited for Jaddu to say something.

"do you like it?", he asked expectantly.

"like, I love it Rohit. Thank you so much", Jaddu spoke, his voice low with so many underlying emotions, his ever radiant smile returning.

Rohit sighed in relief and hugged Jaddu back as he leaped in his direction.

I missed you, thought Jaddu as he settled beside him.

He would never that but as if Rohit reading his mind said, "I missed you Jaddu"

"I know", Jaddu flipped his non existing long hair as both of them burst out laughing.

Pheww the longest chapter I ever wrote.

Took me a while to complete but I hope it brightened your day ever so slightly.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 5.7K 50
ICT is a family and if there is one bond that has managed to adore everyone of us is ROHIRAT ❤️ It is undoubtedly one of my most favourite pairs so l...
116K 3.5K 61
ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴩᴩᴇɴ 7 ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴋɪɴɢꜱ ᴍᴀʀʀy ᴀ ꜱɪɴɢʟᴇ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ.... ɴᴇxᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴩᴩᴇɴ.... ɪɴᴛʀᴇꜱᴛɪɴɢ... ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍy ʙᴏᴏᴋ.. ᴛʜᴇɴ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ... ɪɴᴛʀᴇꜱᴛɪɴɢ, ꜰᴀ...
96.3K 4.2K 25
My first try on ICT. I cherish the bond between the team. And the bond I am deeply madly in love with is my "❤️Mahirat❤". God knows how and when I s...
Time Travel By <3

Fanfiction

26.8K 1.9K 18
This twenty two year old lad wakes up one day and wonders in whose room he was. He gets out of the bed and wanders around and accidentally sees hims...