Enchanted by His Beauty; Kami...

By MonoLatte

Was it fate or was it all accidental? Were you born only to be raised in a faraway nation by the Electro Arch... More

Before we begin...
Chapter 1: Thunder Strikes
Chapter 2: A Child's Worst Fear
Chapter 3: The Man and The Moon
Chapter 4: A New Beginning
Chapter 5: Oni and the Pitchfork
Chapter 6: I will Stay by Your Side
Chapter 7: Never the same
Chapter 8: First Night
Chapter 9: Hidden Motives
Chapter 10: Pervy & The Bitter Tea
Chapter 11: Stained
Chapter 12: Dangerously Complicated
Chapter 13: Before The Storm
Chapter 14: Kamisato's Sticky Sugar
What We Know So Far
Chapter 16: Interference
Chapter 17: Blessedly Unblessed
Chapter 18: Escaping
Chapter 19: Unforgettable
Chapter 20: Sweet Sticky Substance
Chapter 21: Thoma's Bizarre Quest
Chapter 22: Forbidden Mushroom
Chapter 23: Art of Passion and Secrecy
Chapter 24: The Hidden Truth
Chapter 25: Unrequited
Chapter 26: Fool For You
Chapter 27: Sweet Desires
Chapter 28: For the People
Chapter 29: Inevitable Conflict
Chapter 30: Never-Awakening Nightmare
Chapter 31: My Darling Pawn
Chapter 32: The Storm Has Arrived
Chapter 33: A Glimpse of Hope
Chapter 34: Heavenly Abdication
Chapter 35: Through Rain and Thunder
Chapter 36: Threads of Fate
Chapter 37: Gambit's Ploy
Chapter 38: Guardian Angel With a Death Wish
Chapter 39: Only You; You and I
Chapter 40: Rich Man Poor Man My Man

Chapter 15: Voice of The Unknown

5.4K 245 367
By MonoLatte

While you were all taste testing Ayato's desserts, the tall oni unexpectedly started choking, coughing aggressively.

Thoma walked up to Itto asking him what was wrong.

Did Ayato put in a weird flavor?

Wait no, if he did, I would have been choking as well...

You blankly stared at Itto as Thoma panicked.
Soon the realization hit you, Itto ate  Kurimushi Yokan and Minazuki, "HE IS ALLERGIC TO BEANS!"

Itto stopped choking and he unexpectedly fainted. Panic and havoc emerged inside the kitchen. Ayato dramatically ran up to Itto, holding him, "Itto...my bro, don't die...NOOOO!"

"QUICK GET A DOCTOR!" You yelled, running towards Ayato, trying to shake the lifeless giant oni.

Thoma sprinted out of the kitchen hastily trying to get a doctor before Itto gets in worse condition.

Through the sweet aroma of the desserts, a distinct burnt smell could be sensed.
"Do you smell that Ayato?"

"Please don't tell me the kitchen is burning—"

"The kitchen's burning," you bluntly stated.

"That's fine, it can get replaced."

The wealthy Kamisato man did not bother to give any attention to the burning kitchen. He called in a few of his servants to deal with the fire before it could get out of control.

One of his servants helped you and Ayato drag Itto's unconscious body away into a guest room.

A few hours passed, and Thoma finally brought in a doctor.
"And that's a wrap! He should be back to his normal self in a few hours."

"Thank you doctor!" said Thoma.
As the doctor left, Thoma looked disappointed, he crossed his arms looking at you and Ayato awkwardly sitting near Itto, watching his inanimate body.

Someone slid the door open, and a young woman with pale white-blue hair came inside,
"Ah hello everyone," the elegant woman bowed before walking any further into the room.

"Lady Ayaka! You're back!" Thoma's face lit up, "You won't believe what happened."

"Big brother burned down the kitchen didn't he?" Her composure remained elegant as she caught a glimpse of you staring at her.
"Oh, I'm sorry we hadn't had the proper chance to spend time together. I hope my brother is treating you well and that you're comfortably situated in the estate."

You nodded, acknowledging Ayaka's formality, and thanked her. "Miss Shi-I-err—Miss Aya—"

Before you could speak any further, Ayaka interrupted you. She apologized and let you know it was okay for you to just call her Ayaka.
She appeared to be reasonably shy due to the extreme politeness of how you tried to address her.

The young lady proceeded to talk softly, "So what kind of desserts did you make?"

Thoma excitedly answered, he seemed to be quite close with Ayaka, "M'lady made Mitarashi dango and my lord went all out to create three exquisite desserts, Minazuki, Sakura mochi, and Kurimushi Yokan."

He chuckled as he recalled the wonderful flavors of the desserts, "My lord certainly outdid himself."

Thoma whispered, mumbling under his warm breath, "Was it to gain the title of The Best Kamisato Chef, or was it to impress m'lady
y/n?"

Ayato was slowly but surely showing noticeable signs of affection for you even though the two of you did not get married in the love.

Thoma often caught a glimpse of how Ayato would look at you. It was especially noticeable today with the way he secretly gazed while you tasted the sweets.

Ayaka moved her fan to her face, covering the bottom half, "Big brother usually doesn't involve himself in such trivial matters, it's certainly something unexpected of him."

The perfect eldest daughter of the Kamisato clan sweetly laughed, her harmonious voice was enough to make anyone melt in awe.

Ayaka is a lot more polite than Ayato. I wonder how they're siblings! They're completely different from each other.

Ayaka is more kind-hearted and soft-spoken than Ayato.

Deep down, I still haven't forgiven him for giving me Jueyun boba-flavored milk tea.

Suddenly Ayaka sneezed, her cute embarrassment was all it took for Thoma to slightly blush.

Thoma stood up announcing that he should go make sweet berry tea but his facial expressions grew dark as he remembered what happened to the kitchen and a few ingredients such as berries and sweet flowers were all burnt.

He cleared his throat, "Would my lord and m'lady kindly gather sweet flowers and berries? There should be plenty of them outside the estate, and down the trail near the sea."

"Why of course Thoma. It would be the least we can do." said y/n. She yanked Ayato's hand, forcing him to walk out of the guest room alongside her. "We'll be back~"

"Be sure to grab a basket on your way out!"

You and Ayato exit the estate, you still held his hand while walking down the fresh and uncomplicated trail.

I should probably let go of his hand...

Part of me wants to hold his hand forever, strangely enough, holding his hand feels so...comforting.

"Oh, there's the flower Thoma said to bring."
Ayato let go of your hand, walking further to pluck the flower from the loose and slightly damp soil.

There he goes, letting go of my hand.

You ran up to Ayato trying to catch up with him. You spent plenty of time picking berries and flowers. The area was filled with joyful laughter, sometimes Ayato would annoy you just to try to get your attention as you looked for sweet wildflowers.

"y/n! Come here," Ayato smiled, as he walked towards you.

"What is it?"

He gently held a small pure white wildflower. Ayato carefully stroked a few loose strands of your hair away from your face, pulling them behind your ear. His cheeks grew a noticeable light pink hue.

His breathy appealing voice tickled against your soft smooth skin, "Mm, this white clover...it reminds me of you."

Strange heat started building up in your lower stomach, in fascination you stared into Ayato's genuine eyes. Strange tingles could be felt throughout your body.

You smirked, lips curving upwards, "I didn't know you were that charming."

Ayato stepped back a little, wiping his nose with his thumb, "Of course I'm charming. There are many rumors about how glamorous the head of the Kamisato Clan is."

"Oh sir the head of the Kamisato Clan, you're so charming that I fell for your charms." y/n teased.

"You fell for my charms?"

"Don't be ridiculous. You're not my type."

"Oh yeah? What's your type?" Ayato leaned closer, showing interest. He placed a few of the sweet flowers he gathered into the basket you held.

"Someone who isn't you."

"Pardon?"

"Ehe, oh look over there!" You stuck your tongue out and quickly sprinted away.

Ayato ran after you, who knows what this man will do to you for teasing him. You ran and ran until you reached down the path, running towards the shore.

The beautiful calm sea with its rhythmic pulse formed with its sounds of melody as the waves were crashing softly to the shore.

A strong ringing in your ears was dominating the vibrations of your body, hypnotizing you.

Come closer... The strange unknown voice echoed throughout your body. It was hard to tell whether the voice was feminine or not.

It was as if it was controlling your body, you dropped your basket of flowers and started walking towards the sea. The lower half of your clothes started getting drenched.

The echoed unknown voice kept calling out saying things like, 'where's the key? It's cold, come closer.'

Ayato kept calling out to you but you were too lost in thought to hear anything other than the voice of the unknown.

"Y/n!" Ayato shouted, harshly grabbing your hand and pulling you into his chest, not allowing you to go further into the quivering sea.

He sighed, whispering, "What do you think you were doing?"

You looked up at him, watching his concerned expressions. Your left eye shed a tear as you tried to speak, "I don't know...someone-something was calling me."

Ayato sighed in relief while leading you back to the shore. Strangely enough, Hisashi popped out of nowhere, calling out for his lord. He seemed to be distressed.

Ayato patted your head before walking away from you. In the distance you watched them talk, you couldn't make out what their conversation was about.

After a few minutes, Hisashi stood far away in the distance as Ayato walked toward you. His serious expression could be well noticeable.

"Ayato?"

"I'm sorry, something came up and I need to go with Hisashi. Take care of the Yashiro Commissions duties, alright?" He took out a small gift, wrapped in expensive wrapping paper.

"Will you be back tomorrow?" You asked as you grabbed the gift from him.

"...I don't think I will be." He smiled bitterly, "I wish I could walk you back to the estate."

"It's alright, after all, you are the head of the Kamisato Clan..."

He gently grabbed both of your cheeks, admiring your face as if this might be the last time he'll see you up close.

You embarrassedly looked away for a second before Ayato softly touched your skin with his warm silky lips.

Did he- did he-did he- did he just kiss my cheek!?

Wha...wha...what just happened!? Y/n what just happened? Huh? Huh?

Your eyes widened trying to consume the information of what just happened. Blood rushed to your face, unknowing how to respond.

He slyly smirked, "See, I'm charming."
He chuckled, patting your head one last time before walking away with Hisashi.

You mumbled, "Who said it was okay for you to kiss my cheek?"

You started opening the small gift Ayato gave. It was a small bag to place your anemo vision in to hide it better. The bag was decorated with two delicate flower designs, one was a Sakura blossom, and next to it was one lavender flower.

The red hue across your face kept growing. You smiled, thanking Ayato under your breath.

The white clover Ayato place in your hair fell and that smile of yours turned dark, remembering the recent experience.

Where's this unknown voice coming from?

What does it mean by 'key'?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

827K 43.2K 126
"I'm scared of what I can't control. Wondering if I'll be more than a memory. If I go down in flames and I fall from grace. Is that all you'll see wh...
280K 8.6K 49
"๐€๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐’๐„๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐‚๐„, ๐Œ'๐‹๐€๐ƒ๐˜." ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐˜๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐จ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. ๐€ ๐ซ...
99.1K 4.8K 19
๐€ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐€๐ฒ๐š๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ โžถโžถโžถโžถโžถโ™ก It's not easy being the head of the flourishing and famous Miyazaki Estate, but that's preci...
724K 28.1K 94
โ”โœฆ๐—•๐—˜๐—–๐—ข๐— ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฅ ๐—ช๐—œ๐—™๐—˜? ๐—›๐—”, ๐—ช๐—›๐—”๐—ง ๐—” ๐—๐—ข๐—ž๐—˜.....๐—œ๐—ง'๐—ฆ ๐—” ๐— ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ฆ๐—œ๐—ข๐—ก? The story in which, L/n Y/n is an assassin known for...