Lifeafter; The era of the Rev...

By BoundsNovel

(Art by me. Took me a while to do this. So this is the new book cover :3) Humanity has always been curious cr... More

Chapter 1: Survivor
Chapter 2: Encounter
Chapter 3: Rescued?
Chapter 4: End
Author notes and Comment section
Chapter 5: Rebirth
Chapter 6: New beginning
Chapter 7: Hordes
Chapter 8: Nemesis
Author note and comment section #2
Chapter 9: Memories...
Chapter 10: Redemption
Chapter 11: Reunion
Chapter 12: Camp Bound
Chapter 13: ???
The REAL Chapter 13: Mayor
Chapter 14: Breather.
Chapter 15: Resolve
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17: discovery...?
Authors note and comments #4
Chapter 18: disbelief
Chapter 20: Mayor
Chapter 21: Maniac
Chapter 22: Growth
Author note and comment section #5
Chapter 23
Chapter 24: Panther...
chapter 25: New life
chapter 26: A change in era
Chapter 27; Future
Author's Note and Comment Section #6
Chapter 28: Scientia's Revelation
Chapter 29: Light in the Corolla
Chapter 30: Mother's domain.
Switching

Chapter 19: Mistakes...

42 3 0
By BoundsNovel

Well my test week is coming to an end soon so ui ended up writing this before the last paper. I know dumb but I just wanted to put out a book for you all to read. So hope you enjoy it.
*************************************

How long has it been since we've been fighting? It felt like hours but i knew it wasn't that long.
.....However, I was injured.. badly..

I held my left arm as my blue blood dripped down the side of my face, my growls low and deep as the scorpion stare at me with its tail sharply pointed at me. We were both in a pretty bad condition. And I knew I wouldn't be able to last on for long.

Seraph, Vira and zandolf were all tired. Their bodies a messy taint of blue liquid and bruises as they used a tree to support themselves while they stared at my battle.

I growled gently before using one ability I had gotten from the scorpion infected. My flower began to glow brightly as it charged up.

"Damn scorpion!" I shouted as I charged at it again with my blade.

It roared in response and charged at me. Once we were within a foot distance, it swung at me with its claws as I dodged ad lunched myself mid-air.

I slammed my blade into the thick shell of its back as it pierced through. Although not deep, the depth at which the blade had managed to reach was sufficient in causing it pain. It roared loudly as it began tossing me around.
I held on as much as I could before the blades grip was lost and I flew off it and slammed into a tree nearby.
I groaned In pain before weakly standing up as I felt something approaching me. It was its tail.

with a swift arc, I slashed at it to deflect it away before jumping backwards.

Just then, it growled at me as it's tail began to glow. A bright blue glow growing slowly brighter.

"You're not the only one who has that ability...." I growled as my own flower slowly flowed brighter; the ability I stole from it when we exchanged blows with each other.

Once the glow was bright enough, a beam of concentrated bluish acid shot out from both my flower and its tail as it collided with a loud THUD sound. The ground shook a bit from the impact and I felt myself slowly being pushed back by the scorpions beam.

With a determined bloody face, I grit my teeth's together before pushing myself forward
"Damn you!!" I Roared out as I pushed harder with the beam; using more energy from the flower as it pushed back and slammed into the scorpion. Causing a small explosion on its face.

I collapsed instantly, my whole body aching and weak as the flowers light was slowly flickering. I used too much of the energy again. Fuck.

Vira shouted my name but was too weak to move. She stared at me as I held myself and coughed out the blood that formed in my lips.
Just then, the scorpion weakly rose again. It wasn't dead yet?! Just how tough was it?
As it approached me slowly, I weakly stared up to it with a sad frown before closing my eyes as it rose its claws.
It wasn't long before I heard someone else familiar call my name.

Running past me, Cassei and Grr dash right past and with a perfectly timed slide, they swung their blades and sliced off the arms of the scorpion.
It made sense since the skinnier part of his whole claw would be the part attaching it to its body.
It roared in pain and agony and attempted to slam its tail on the two but Sohan jumped down from wherever he was and shot a missile towards its tail.

The sound of a mini explosion and blue gooey blood rained down as its tail blew up from the impact.
Another scream; more intense than the last.
The last person to arrive was Tougz who ran passed me and jump up towards it before furiously slashing at the top of the scorpions face.
The infected scorpion growled in pain as it shook its head and attempted to move but tougz was lunched up into the air by a vine. It was a vine made by Vira.
In the air, he grabbed the hilt of his sword and slammed the blade right between the eyes of the mutant scorpion as I slowly watched its body fall lifeless.

Relief...

My body fell back with relief as I laid motionless on the floor but a smile plastered on my face.
Ms Alice must have made it back in time... I didn't know how long I would last and boy was it close. Real close.

My eyes were slowly getting heavy. I lost too much blood and I could feel the infection slowly taking over again.

"Soulen! Are you alright?" Cassei said running towards me as I tried speaking but couldn't.

It wasn't long before my eyes flowed bright and my growls become more fierce. I was changing again. Changing to the mindless infected.

All I could hear was muttering until something flew towards me. Without thinking, I turning and devoured what was given. Eating and tearing the fleshing until the infection had calmed down and I regained control again.
Slowly, the flower on my shoulder began to beam and bloom again as I took a heavy breath in once I regained control.

I didn't realize it on time, but I had just devoured one of the mercenaries. At least, one of the already dead ones from the mutant scorpion. I knew this since his lower half was originally missing. Now almost everything was missing.
My lips was tainted with red blood as well as my body and outfit as everyone stared at me; petrified from what they just witnessed.
I felt... hurt and also embarrassed. Not until tougz came towards me and hugged my tight.

"Don't give up that easy on the second life you've been given.." he whispered into my left ear out of the blue.

Shocked, I didn't react for a few seconds before smiling a bit for his concern and hugged him back.

"I'm sorry... I worried you didn't I..?" I replied in a whisper as I hugged him tighter.

Just then, Ms. Alice ran out of the forest, catching her breath before smiling as she saw I was fine.

"I.... I made it... just... In time!" She said through heavy intakes of breath as I smiled weakly at her.

  I pushed myself up before smiling gently at tougz as I made my way towards my revenants.
I stared at their wounds and bruises then looked to their weak face before pulling one of the dead bodies; the fresh death which was the mercenary from before I told Alice to run.

I dragged it towards them before dropping it at their front.

   "Eat..." I said in a soft voice as they nodded and began devouring the remains.

To me, it looked very similar to kids eating food and fighting for who to eat first. Because like drugs, human flesh was very addicting to zombies; that includes us revenants who are basically half.
    Shifting my gaze to my friends however, the very sight of seeing something eat another was disturbing to them. Both Cassei and Grr along with Alice turned their views away from it as Sohan stared in disgust and tougz looked away to focus in something else.
   "M-mistress..." vita called as I returned my gaze on her.

  Their bodies were filled with the blood stain of their meal and they seemed... disappointed. With themselves?
I gently knelt down, the traditional kind where both knees were pressed down on the ground before smiling a bit at them.

     "Don't feel as though you are useless and weak. You did your best, and so did I." I said gently as the three of them looked to me.

  "As your creator, I apologize for not being Strong enough to kill that thing. And ended up having you there hurt."

       "Your highness... we did it if our own accord. And we will always do so if it means to server and protect you." Seraph said with a determined look as Vira nodded in return.

   "This.. is our payment for saving us and bringing us back from the dead. We are loyal to you and would die for you." Zandolf spoke right after as I smiled gently.

  "Thank you..." I said in a small tone before standing up.

   Few seconds later, a squad of 8 mercenaries appeared from the bushes and went towards Alice who stood at eace.

  "We searched the whole area
Nothing of threat level is present. All except for that cave." Said The squad leader who was suited in a heavy armored gear with a giant minigun.

Just how huge was he....?

   Mrs. Alice  bit her bottom lip in thought before turning to my direction as I nodded. We all decided to enter the cave now. The same cave where the scorpion came out from.
   On a logical note, our best option would have been to return back to base and request for more escorts or troops here. But we had to leave the area in the next two days. So it was all or nothing now. We were prepared for anything that might come for us.

  Surprisingly, nothing came. The cave was quiet; granted the creaking sounds of insects and bugs. But despite that, the sound of the infected was gone. It made me uneasy. As though I was missing a bigger clue.
We went deeper, now aware of how deep this cave went until we entered a massive opening with blue crystals glowing brightly. It was... beautiful to say the least.
Blue goo was everywhere and some dried up blood and bones were around. Looked like a wolves den or zombies den.

At the center of the cave was a giant cocoon that had now been destroyed. Whatever Thing that was inside must have hatched and escaped.
Escaped because there was another passage at the other side of the cave.

"Tsk... they must have escaped..." Mrs Alice said as everyone began investigating the scene.

  I went towards the cocoon at the center of the cave and crouched down to inspect it. It was huge. Almost the size of the infected; Iron arm.
With a closer inspection, I noticed blue dead veins that ran from the bottom of the cocoon to the broke part. Next was a big white vail. It resembled a lot like the wedding vail and it was bloody.

   As I reached down to grab onto it, the vines around stretched towards me along with the vail which caught me off-guard. Just as I was about to jump back, the vines wrapped around my right arm and I could feel a memory forcing its way into my mind.

   The scenery had changed now, however, I was still inside the cave. I was surrounded by multiple infected but they obviously couldn't see me. This I figured out when a single infected walked right through me.

   I stared down at my hands, fascinated  at the way my body looked faded. Just like a ghost.
Just then, a large scorpion came into view as I took multiple steps back. I was started and a bit intimidated but remembered instantly that they couldn't see me.

I turned around seconds after and came in-view of the massive pulsing cocoon. It flowed blue gently and faded out; pulsing like a heartbeat. It was... unbelievably magnificent. Just staring at it drew me closer to it like I've been waiting for it forever.
   I shook my head quickly, forcing myself out of the trance as i made my way backwards just to keep some distance away from myself.

  Just then, the cocoon began to crack and crumble, and a slender hand shot out from the top.
Few seconds later and the whole top crumbled down till a tall woman emerged from it.
Her skin was flawless and she was insanely beautiful. An infected being this beautiful? Just what happened?
A white vail was on her face as she stretched before pulling the veil off and tossing it to the side revealing her human-like face. Both eyes were still the same as an infected however.

My eyes widened in shock few seconds later as I realized who that was.
There was no way... how.. how on earth did she evolve this much? From where I was, I made my way towards the cocoon; staring up to the female infected infront of me as she smiled gently before looking down at my direction.

I knew she couldn't see me. This was a 100% sure belief, however, her gaze was enough to make me quiver in my boots. And the first sentence she managed to utter shattered the hope of not being who I feared it to be.

"Daughter...we... will see soon..." She mustered our, her voice elegant as she smiled down.

My throat grew dry instantly as I was pulled back from that vision and back to reality.
Everyone was around me once I regained myself. I was still shivering from the revelation as I grabbed onto tougz once he came closer to me.

"Soulen... are yo-"

"Mother...." I stared; cutting off Mrs Alice as the revenants behind were taken aback from what I said.

"Mother... she was the one inside the cocoon...how... how was she able to evolve that much..?" I said as I held tougz tighter. She was stronger and more dangerous now. That explained why there were a lot of bodies inside the cave. They fed it to her while she was inside the cocoon.

"W-Who is... mother?" Cassei asked as Seraph and Zandolf looked away uneasy.
Vira walked forward a bit before holding her left arm and looked down.

"The infected she calls mother.... was the infected who "took care of her" while she was in her infected state years ago..... " Vira began as everyone expressed a shock emotion.

"...She is also well known as.... The infected bride... the one who killed her father..."

*************************************

We were back at the camp now and everyone's mood stayed gloomy and depressing. Mainly me who is more pained from what i discovered earlier.
I should have killed her... I should have killed mother the moment I met her that day... why did I spare her..? Why did I build that fake emotion with her and keep her be. And how the hell did she even evolve??!
I curled up even more on the bed as Grr came into the tent and sat down on the opposite bed from where I was.

"You okay Soulen..?" She asked as I stared at her and refused to reply.

"You know... I saw a place with some cute outfits and stuffed animals near the outskirts of miska town....We could check it out later..." she said putting up a smile. Alas, my smile didn't emerge like she hoped.

I could see the disappointment in her face. Not on me but herself. She was trying to cheer me up but right now I wasn't in the mood of being cheered up.

"I know ya trying to cheer me up Grr but... can I... just be alone please...?" I asked gently as she looked at me with a frown then heaved a small sigh.

She got up and walked towards the tent before glazing back at me for a few seconds before heading out of the tent and fading into the distance.
I stayed there for a bit longer before pushing myself off the bed and cleaning whatever tear that wasn't I'll present on my face. I looked down at my body; staring at the mixed blood of blue and red as I frowned.

"I need a shower...." I said with no emotions before walking out of the tent and noticed the mercenaries were carrying boxes from Mrs Alice lab and some other scientists I hadn't seen yet. They didn't notice me and I made sure to keep that way as I quickly took multiple steps backwards to hid my presence from them.

Once they were done, she came towards me in my tent and smiled a bit

"Looks like ya up finally.." she said as I nodded a bit.

"We are done with our goal here... I've explained to the others what the monster was there and we have decided to head back to our main lab. We will run tests on what we found and I will continue my tests with the sample of blood I took from you." She said holding her chin as I stared for a bit before looking outside.

"I guess it's time I go home..." I said as she smiled and walked out of the tent and into the first chopper with the other scientist.

Few minutes later, the first one was gone and it was now time for the rest of us to make our way to the second helicopter.
It didn't take long though, mainly cause I slept through most of the flight, but eventually we arrived back at camp bound. Upon landing, everyone went ahead while I sat in the helicopter. I yawned a bit before finally pushing myself out of the helicopter and into the green grass. It's been a while I saw this beautiful scenery... that part of miska town we were was just disgusting..

As I got down from the helipad, I turned to my revenants and sent them home before closing my eyes to take in the atmosphere before hearing someone shout loudly.

Just as I turned around, my face was met with someone's hand as I knocked me backwards and into the ground. Next was a volley of bullets before a loud boom was heard.

The next thing I heard was the individual laughing and praising himself for taking down an infected.

"Shariq!! What the fuck did you do?!?" That was clearly Cassie's voice.

"Hmm? Oh! I took down the infected that managed to enter the camp! No need to thank m—"

"Thank you?! Are you fucking kidding me?! That wasn't an infected!"
Cassei said with a furious tone.

"Don't be silly. That was definitely an infected." Shariq said again with the ego of his. I was pissed off now.

"You really need to learn how to shut up....." I said through the smoke as I heard him make a surprised yelp.

"The infected can talk..?!?" He said, taken aback as he moved backwards.

"You idiot... you've doomed us.." Cassei said, the concern in her expression and tone.

My left eyes glowed bright blue as I slowly rose and stared at them, the flower on my shoulder slowly glowing as the wounds and deep cuts in my body from the bullets and explosion from earlier began to heal up.

Their expression was that of a terrified child who had angered their mother. And to be honest. I was angry, pissed off even. Just from realizing mother has evolved and she was still causing mayhem. Now to this idiot that shotw me the moment he saw me.

"Let me return the Favour...." I said through gritted teeths as a loud roar escaped from me.

He was surely going to regret what he did.....was what I initially thought until my consciousness slowly faded...

....I wasn't in control anymore...

....the infection was....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69 1 21
Hello, Logan here. It is 2021, and this is the first book that I ever wrote. It's shit. I'm publishing it back on Wattpad again so my friend can read...
114K 7.1K 50
~Thank you for the continued love for this series! I was 13 when I began this book, and am now taking the time to go back to completely rewrite it, a...
8.9K 335 14
With the Release of the Remake i looked back on my first LOFU book and i wanted to remake the Story with more updated working and different timeline...
1K 120 38
The government has a secret, they are the cause of the apocalypse of the dead. They wanted a weapon, something that no one would be able to beat. The...