The Violet Mermaid - The Merm...

By legendaryfever

Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges... More

Characters & More
Prologue
Chapter 1: A Strange Sensation
Chapter 2: A Promise
Chapter 3: Unrecognizable
Chapter 4: Sea Wishes
Chapter 5: Mermaid Spells
Chapter 6: Midnight Sailing
Chapter 7: Envy Uprising
Chapter 8: Daemon Sea Spirits
Chapter 9: Rescue Mission
Chapter 10: The Red Herring
Chapter 11: Sweet Innocence
Chapter 12: A Declaration of War
Chapter 13: Cafeteria Serving: Free Water Whips...Eat One, Get Two Attacking You
Chapter 14: "You can't Just go up to Someone and Ask are you a Mermaid?"
Chapter 15: You Hate her too, Let's become Friends
Chapter 16: This is suppose to be sad, why?
Chapter 17: I want to give you a present, a tsunami just for you
Chapter 18: Pacific Pure Water? You got to try some.
Chapter 19: Would you give up your humanity, for a secret you yearn to know
Chapter 20: A Festival celebrating the Season of Winter
*~🎂Bonus Chapter🎂~*
Chapter 21: If he looked right in from of him, he will realize who he is missing
Chapter 22: Newcomer Student Bursting Trouble
Chapter 23: Unfortunately I am stuck with stupid...wait idiot fits him more
Chapter 24: Double Bubble Trouble, Break up Heart Break & Kisses of the Jealous
Chapter 25: A demon? Okay...they must of lost it
Chapter 26: Make up by Partying & bring Mivozene because that is a good idea
Chapter 27: Why you should never use Blackmail.
Chapter 28: Summer break equals no school? Yeah baby
Chapter 29: Winter in December, how odd.
Chapter 30: Spending too much time with you made me realize something greater
Chapter 31: I did not want to walk in to that
Chapter 32: I know it is true, but I can't help but still want to be with you.
Chapter 33: Running away lets them win
Chapter 34: Dinner with friends and the older human, Somebody please save me
Chapter 35: New Year's Kisses, New Year Wishes
Chapter 36: Mivozene I am the next ruler of Pacific, am I mistaken?
Chapter 37: It is always the butler
Chapter: 38 Maybe I should just say this entire time it was Mira who...
Chapter 39: Why you should never pick out a gift with Melody
Chapter 40: But what is worst: Dark Sea Spirit Demons or Researchers?
Chapter 41: Malseania getting involved? Did I mention how much I hate her?
Chapter 42: You are Drowning and Dead Now, right?
Chapter 43: Hidden into the sea...
Chapter 44: My heart stops for you
Chapter 45: How to ask a question that relates to Education
Chapter 46: Nah both you and Seivon fit that description of stupid more
Chapter 47: If you could see them one last time, would you do it?
Chapter 48: All My Fault
Chapter 49: By leaving she hurt me more
Epilogue
T.A.L. (The Atlantic Legend)
Bonus chapter/Scene #1
Bonus Chapter/Scene #2
Bonus Chapter/Scene #3
Bonus Chapter/Scene #4
Bonus Chapter/Scene # 5
**I'm entering the Wattys - Fantasy**

Another Special Chapter and its 1 year anniversary cuz' Why not

2 0 0
By legendaryfever

Hey....

Remember this story, the first book I was proud to actually finish.

Legendary Forest finish in a rush and had many plotholes, which I then later fixed and medded in the rewrite.  I did rewrote than and continuing it now (self-promo yeah I'm sorry (embarrased emoji )

Although this book is nowhere near perfect.

It has many flaws and there is too many timeskips and I honestly think the characters' relationship is rushed and doesn't build up.  I kinda feel reading it over after several months that Seivon likes the idea of her as a mermaid and doesn't care what happens but wants to be with her.  And Miracine likes that she saved him and wants to be with him for that reason and will go all yandere on anyone if she isn't that person with him.

It just after I wrote it, published it and then I reread it several months afterwards and realized that.

Eek.

But I kinda plan to fix that in the sequel The Atlantic Delta/ Aleutian Delta.

The name is undecided as well as when I'll publish it.  I have like 10ish chapters, but I needed a break from mermaid things and began my forest of legends adventures.

But I'm writing this cause the anniversary is coming up and it's MerMay!

And it's not the crazy mermaids doing terrifying things like killing people that made it kinda eek, because when I think of mermaids I think of blood sucking demons that serenade sailors to their freaking deaths!

That's my favorite kind of mermaids.

But it's hard to write a romantic action-adventure story with that so I mixed the nice mermaids with those kinds of mermaids and you get mine.

My very own version!

Also mermaids not using contractions is annoying.

Okay now down below is a special that happened sometime during AMD events.

Also it's going to be in third knowledge of all point of view.

...

"Ugh, it's him again." Melody groaned, banging her head on the desk obnoxiously.

Up, a few rows away, was a male student boasting and showing some other students a picture of a girl on his phone.

"What's wrong, you jealous of the attention?" Kaisa putted in besides her, "I didn't take you for someone who liked fame and all."

Melody at once shook her head.

"Oh goodness no!" She scrunched up her eyebrows and shook her head, denying everything at once.

"If not him..." Kaisa trailed off, "Who are you jealous of?  There must be something or someone."

Melody pursed her lips and paused for a moment, "Hmm... I guess if I had to pick, I'm jealous of Ashton.  He can do whatever he want in such freedom.  But with me, everyone expects me to be perfect I guess... studying hard, making perfect marks, and spending time with everyone.  He does whatever he wants and nobody questions it."

Kaisa grins, "Well that's cause he's Ashton.  Though, you are the one thing questioning him with everything." She cracks a smile, "And you two been friends the longest out of all of us."

Melody leans her head back, "Maybe.  But you know that's not really him.  All that humor and witty jokes.  He's just as broken as any of us who fell tragedy to an unfortunate accident." Melody lowers her face, admitting, "He's great for listening to problems because somehow his words make everything all better."

Kaisa smiled, "Yeah, I know." Her eyes flashed a hidden, secret emotion that threaten to come out.  "I would never tell this to their faces, but I actually do not mind those two being together." Kaisa pointed to Miracine who was fast asleep on her desk and Seivon who was sleeping equally as much besides her.

"Eh!" Melody gasped, "Then why do you act so opposed to it?"

"Because I had to.  Mel, there is something you don't understand and that's the society.  Mermaid society, our council it's...." Kaisa's voice broke as she looked down in fear, remembering frightening moments and memories.  "They're terrible if you step out of line.  I witnessed it first hand by.... one of my closest friends."

"Mivozene?" Melody asked.

Kaisa nodded, "But that's not all, it was in the place of Miracine.  I also saw her deal with it too and it is just..." She trailed off.

"What?" Melody asked, eager to listen to more.  "What is it that you can't say?"

"It's terrible what they deal with." Kaisa lowered her head, "At first, I was foolish.  I had no idea what happened.  I was just mad, filled with such betrayal for leaving me all alone.  Then I realized how selfish I was that I didn't realize their own pain.  His sister blamed him for facing it alone. 
        She wanted nothing to do with him and he cherished his sister so much.  He spoiled her to death and when that happened it was like he couldn't move.  And when he was forced to give up his crown by the councils and his parents recently passed, he went out lengths to keep her from knowing.  He loved her dearly so, but she couldn't see that."
        Kaisa laughed dryly, "And I was selfish and thought he was just cruel, but in reality he was dealing with so much that it wasn't his fault.  More so he was trying to protect me, his friend."

Melody gasped, he was unaware all that, "Wait really?!"

"Yes, but you cannot mention it to anyone.  Especially not those two." Kaisa warned.

Melody nodded her head, "Yeah, I understand, but I have to ask all this time have you been pretending to not like that they are together because he is a human?"

Kaisa smiled sadly, "Yes, though it is true I dislike humans I found that he proved himself to be a good human as have both you and Ashton."

Melody smiled, "Well I'm glad I have passed your standards."

Kaisa then turned to Melody once more, "So what's this about that male student that has been causing you to get upset?"

"Pfffsh!" She frowned, "Nothing but he claimed he got some beau, but Ashton couldn't believe he done it so he showed us her instagram.  I went snooping, Ash went snooping and turns out she is married and is expecting in April." She laughed dryly before exclaiming, "There is even a picture of her kissing her husband on there!"

"So she is catfishing him?" Kaisa grinned.

Melody shook her head, "No, the opposite from that.  He is lying that they are together for the attention.  The freaking attention!" Melody groaned, banging her head once again.

Kaisa was amused, "Pffft, humans are stupid sometimes."

"You're telling me?" She agreed, laughing.

Just that moment, the door opened and Ashton came rushing in full of glitter and glam.

Melody gasped, "What happened to you?"

Ashton shrugged sheepishly, "We had a glitter war!" He exclaims in a joyful voice, "I gave our teacher some glitter and then we decided to throw it all over each other.  I, of course won!" He grins in triumph.

Melody's face drops, "Aww, I wanted to join."

"So that's why you were late." Kaisa adds in with a smile.  She gave him a look, a secret look only he'd understand.  "Just don't get any on me... If that happens then the only way to remove that is water and..." She trailed off, shuddering.

"I'm going to have to go to the bathroom and wash up." Ashton told them, glitter falling everywhere he stepped, leaving a trail behind him.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Mel laughed, "I mean those two are knocked out as it is being together." She jabbed her thumb in the direction of Miracine and Seivon.

"I'm going to wake them up." Ashton grinned evilly.

"Oh don't you dare!" Mel exclaimed, "They been through enough at is it when... Uh.. heh umm when Malseania used Seivon." She grinned sheepishly.

Ashton narrowed his eyes and his expression turn flat, "Yeah... Sure." He muttered with full sarcasm, "Don't tell me cause that's what everyone does now."

"Ashton!" Melody looked down, "I didn't mean it like that.  It's just not my secret to tell.  If I could I would have already told you."

"Yeah, yeah... I know.  I get it okay..." He trailed off as his expression changed from sadness to happiness.  "NOW LET'S WAKE THEM UP!" He exclaimed.

"I'll help you." Kaisa grinned, looking out a window where a hidden figure watched from within.

"Aw Kaisa really?" Melody frowned.

"Yes, really." She winked, then together she and Ashton yelled:

"WAKE UP IT'S CELESTIA!"
"MIRACINE IT'S MIVOZENE!"

"H-huh?!" Seivon blinked and woke up in surprised.

"Pfft hahaha!" Kaisa laughed and shook her head at Miracine who still sleepy through that, "HEY MIRACINE!  WAKE UP ALREADY! You're not allowed to sleep."  She grinned, "Hey.. Hey, it's MIVOZENE!"

Ashton grinned in amusement as Miracine jumped up, "What?  Did my brother come here again?  Where?"

"Wait." Seivon squinted his eyes, "Ash, why are you covered in glitter?"

"Yeaaaaaah about that...." Mel grins.

"And I'm going to clean this off now," He nods his head, "But before I go poof!" He flicked his finger and dump some glitter onto Seivon, but avoided Miracine for some strange reason.

"SERIOUSLY!" He exclaimed, "ASH YOU-"

Ashton ran past Mel and Kaisa near the other side of the room, while students watched in amusement.

Seivon, however saw an opportunity and came over towards Melody.

"Huh?" She looked at her friend, "S-seivon?" She stared at him and realized what was happening, "No, no... Don't you dare!" Melody carefully stepped back, "I swear Seivon-" Unfortunately, Seivon still got her and she was covered with glitter too, "Nooo!" She exclaimed.  "This is going to take forever to get out of my hair."

"Eh.. Sounds like a you problem," Seivon shrugged.

Melody just fumed.

"How about a hug?" Seivon shrugged, "Will that make you feel better?"

"Ha, no." She laughed.

"How about a hug from me?" Ashton grinned.

"Noooooooo!" They both exclaimed.

"Aw," he lowered his head, standing by the door.  "I'm going to the bathrooms now."

"Here," Kaisa walked over, "I'll come with you."

"O-o-oh w-w-what about?" He asked, "I-is it t-t-that i-i-important?!"  He wondered nervously.

"In a way, I just want to talk to you alone." She smiled, "Don't worry guys, we won't be long."  She stated as they both started to leave.

"I.  Just.  Witnessed.  That.  OHMIGOWSH!  AHHH!" She exclaimed screaming practically in Seivon's ear.

"I don't get it." Miracine stated.

"It's a human thing," Seivon told her, "And for some reason she thinks the two of them would make a perfect couple."

"WHAT?!" Miracine gasped, "That would be chaotic and would never happen after what she made us go through."

"I honestly whole-hearty agree.  But from the way she is acting that must be how it is.  I mean look at Mel jumping around like a kangaroo and a flapping around like a bird is loose.". Seivon stated referring to his blonde friend who was in fact, waving her arms like crazy, with a grin on her face, while also screaming and jumping around by the window.

It was certainly a sight to see.

"Mel." Seivon waved his hands at her, "Mel," He put his hands on her shoulders, "Why do you want them together?"

"Because have you seen them interact?  Besides anyone who sees them would want a relationship between the two of them!" She nodded her head, "Plus they have this secret thing going on that only he knows and it just screams SHIP ME VOILÀ!" She laughed and grinned crazily.

"Uh huh well it's not gonna work out." Seivon told her flatly in which Miracine agreed.

"WHAT!" She sank to the ground dramatically, "No... It can't be my ship, my precious ship had sunk.  Where has my life gone wrong!" She lamented dramatically.

"Ugh Mel, pull yourself together.  It's like you switched bodies with Ashton with how dramatic you being."

Miracine smiled, "Yeah really.  Besides Ashton knows nothing about me and that just would never work out if he does get with Kaisa.  Plus Kaisa is against us being together on so many levels and her getting with Ashton would make her an extreme hypocrite.  But he doesn't know anything."

Melody looks down, "I hate this Mira.  I hate that I can't tell him.  He's one of my best friends and it's like we're keeping something important from him." Melody looks down in confession.

"Y-you didn't tell him did you?!" Miracine asks her, completely scared.

"No, of course not."  Melody lowered her head, "I wouldn't do that to you.  Who knows what would happen whether you did or anything if I told him.  Unless one figures out themselves, you will get hurt."

Miracine closed her eyes and sighed in relief, "I'm glad.  That's not only it though.  If he found out on his own who knows what the others would do to me, Seivon, or even you.  They might even take away your memories or hurt you and I can't have that." She tells them.

"Well Miracine, I actually do agree a bit with Mel, but of course I'd never put you that position.  It just hurts hiding this from Ash and he can tell." He smiles softly.

"Well anyways- a change of subject, I heard they decided to suspend him.". Melody changed the topic.

"Uhh remind me who we are talking about again?" Seivon looked at his friend in confusion.

"The guy who brought the orbies and then everyone else threw orbies  everywhere.  You know water beads?" Melody explained, "They suspended him and I don't think that's fair at all.  He didn't start it.  He just gave it away and other people started to disturb other classes.  Heck, Miss T didn't even mind." Melody was irritated.

"Are you serious?!"  Seivon looked in disbelief.  "That's so stupid.  At least give him a detention, but still it wasn't just him.  It was the entire class."

"Come on, even I was throwing some at you guys!" She exclaimed, huffing.

"Yeah, after Ash and I kept pegging you!" Seivon grinned.

"I'm so glad I had left with my brother that day." Miracine exclaims, "I don't want to get hit by any water like things."

"They aren't water.  Well kinda, but they are like orbs whose insides are filled with water." Melody explained awkwardly.

"They are being so tough on the senior class this year."  Seivon stated, "I mean what did they done?  It's seriously not fair."

"Are they?" Melody wondered, "I wouldn't know I don't have classes with them.  Remember me and Mira are younger than the rest of you guys."

"Well technically..." Miracine grinned, "I'm actually older than everyone, but we're not counting that age that way, are we."

"Oh yeah," Seivon laughed, "Mel you're such a child still."

"Hey I am not!" Melody flared, "I am 16 and you guys failed some classes so you repeated a year four years ago so ha!"

"That's why our main core classes are the same year and our electives we're with you guys mainly." Seivon explained grinning.

"What subject did you failed again?"

"Uhh history I think." He laughed awkwardly.

"Yeah and Ashton failed science.  That's why he is in my first period."

"Wait why is Kaisa with you if she technically didn't failed?" Seivon asked in wonder.

Melody thought and couldn't answer.

Instead Miracine answered, "She told the humans here that she started school late."  She shrugged, "Which is technically true, she started human school late."

Melody and Seivon laughed.

Everything seemed way too perfect.

For actually in about a months time it would all end.

Everyone would blame their selves and nothing would be the same.

For two individuals would leave them for what they thought would be forever, and two others would take them to the safe place.

Even back in the hallways of the school was a icy haired mermaid threatening someone based on unexpected circumstances that she gotten herself in.

It was the only way to protect herself.

She couldn't be tricked again.

Not now.

Not ever.

AN//
A lot of things happened since I started this story.  For one, I grew a bit as a writer and person and realized many things.  I also started to take a break from writing mermaid things as I have been writing this stuff since 2020 this month and took a break last January.

I started rewriting Legendary Forest better than ever and even continued some of it farther on that I never got.

Those events that were included in this is actually based on real life experiences.  We had a orby fight and this dude literally got suspended when we all were involved which I was annoyed about.  They only caught on cause students disturbed other classes.

We also have a glitter war, it was so fun.  I got everyone good.  It was amazing, but that's before I realized how much glitter was on me and I legit couldn't get any off and had to take a shower that evening.  It stuck all over my hair.
There were even in my stinkin' belly button like, ew how did that crap get there?!

Also, I'm going by Legend now, and since the pseudonym is based off an oc being Legend/ Legendary Fever the oc on the other hand is gender fluid.

Just a little side note, if anyone's curious.

Legend in general is based off a character in Legendary Forest, but more complex, darker reddish deep tan skin tone (I don't know what it's called I'm unorthodox I'm sorry 😔) medium value of turquoise hair, and blue green eyes (that's brighter).

I hope to continue writing Atlantic Legend or Aleutian Delta soon though.

Anyways, Legend tuning off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175 14 34
"Do you remember those sweet tender days when the only thing I cared about is you? You were my light in the darkness and always were filled with such...
2.2K 96 15
Imagine knowing your whole life that you were different, unlike everyone that surrounded you. Knowing that when you came of age, you would transform...
1.8K 125 14
Available at my Ko-fi page only. Soon to be release in google books. Follow ko-fi.com/bellaxtina _______________________________ SYNOPSIS Imagine wa...
271 27 18
This is a new fairytale for me to write about. Just to let you know, it's not the little mermaid genderbend. You can read or add my story to your rea...