Paul Atreides

Venus_40 tarafından

One-Shots for my new favourite character, Paul Atreides. Dune is honestly one of the best (and most confusing... Daha Fazla

Chapters
The Baker's Daughter
Infertile
Fighting
Fighting Part 2
Gone
Soulmates
Background ~ Soulmates p2
Markings ~ Soulmates p3
Unsafe Part 1
Unsafe Part 2 (Ending One)
Unsafe Part 2 (Ending Two)
Stroke of Midnight
Toothbrush
Dearly Beloved
Angel Wings Part 1
Angel Wings Part 2
Angel Wings Part 3
Surprised
Working Backwards
Weeping Willow
Help Please
Good. Good.
Drowning For You
Seven Moments
Sacrifice
Two Years
Pictures
No, I-

No Damn Way

2.8K 62 24
Venus_40 tarafından

You sat in court, your light smokey grey dress sat beautifully across your body. However, your face did not match the grace of your dress. Your father would say, "Glaring turns diamonds into dust, Y/n.", but you didn't care. Glaring couldn't turn shit into diamonds anyway.

And that shit was sitting across from you right at this moment.

The only bad thing about being so high up in the court, means you had to see the one person you would rather die than speak to. Paul Atreides.

Now, some people would wonder why you hated Paul so much? They might see him as a kind young man who is determined to help people. But you saw him for the bully he was.

Even though it had been a good six years since you saw Paul in person, you still saw the childlike boy who spilled scalding hot soup all down your front, scarring you with a deep, tissue wound. You still saw the boy who cut your hair out of their braids because he found it funny. You still saw the boy who stole your dolls to aim his sword at, and not repay you afterwards.

'First, we are to address something that is a long time coming.' Duke Leto stated as he stood up. His traditional royal armour clung to his body. 'Lord and Lady Y/l/n are back from their station to Kaitain. Duke Y/l/n did an impeccable job, and was promoted to my left hand man one year ago. I would like to welcome you back to Caladan. Welcome home.' He smiled at your father and raised his glass.

Your father and mother smiled gratefully, you faked one as well.

'Thank you.' Your father said. 'We highly appreciate it.' 

Later after the meeting, your father came up to you.

'Y/n, we have plans for tonight.' He stated. 'We're doing over to Lord and Lady Atreides' for dinner, they've invited us.' 

'What?' You said flatly, not wanting to go.

'You're coming too, no questions asked.' Your father said, his tone demanding. You opened your mouth to protest, but chose you'd rather keep your tongue. You just nodded, and left.

~~~

The traditional blue gown you wore flowed around your ankle, the low cut neckline of the traditional dress from years ago made your thick diamond necklace stand out.

'Lord Y/l/n! Welcome!' Duke Leto's booming voice echoed across his family's dining chamber. 'Lady Y/l/n, Miss Y/n.' He gave your mother and you a hug in quick succession. 'Please, come in.'

He stepped back to reveal a large dining hall. The floor was a dark marble, a red carpet sat in the centre with a massive, elaborately carved oak table surrounded by ten chairs, each with red velvet seat cushions and back pads with gold trim. On the table was covered in delicious smelling and looking foods. The walls were decorated with elaborately done tapestries, and a giant skylight lit the room from above, sending waves of light pink and blue into the room.

Harsh whispers were heard from the hallway, then a violent shhh before Jessica and Paul walked into the room.

'Lady Y/m/n, good to see you again.' Jessica smiled widely. She drifted over and gave your mother a hug.

'Likewise, Jessica.' Your mother smiled.

'Well, look at you, aren't you all grown up?' Jessica shifted her gaze to you.

'Well, six years can change a lot.' You curtsied politely. 

'Yes, it can.' Jessica said.

'Now, please sit. Eat. We've got a good meal prepared.' Duke Leto said as he gestured to the large table.

You walked over and sat next to your parents. Paul sat on the other side of the table, but in front of your mother, not you.

The meal started smoothly. Duke Leto and your father talked about tricks of the trade, what life was like. They then dwelled on old times, how we were all such a happy family friend group, and how they were sad that Duke Futor could not join the group, that he was still on a posting. You father then spoke about how you had been educated in the High Court and how you quickly went from student to teacher, flexing that you were smart.

The mums had small talk every once in a while about the latest fashion or how they should meet up next week, but more often they were adding to what their husbands had to say. You and Paul, however, you two sat in silence. Not saying a thing.

'Now, down to why I invited you here.' Duke Leto heavily sat down his pitcher of diluted alcohol. 'Y/f/n, would you like to say the honours, or shall I?' 

'You can, my lord.' Your father smiled widely.

You frowned, unsure of what was about to happen.

'Paul and Y/n, we have been thinking and we are sure that it is in the utmost interest of the family if the two of you are to be wed.' Duke Leto stated.

The silence in the hall was so heavy that it felt a boulder pressed against your head.

'What?' You managed to squeak. 'You want me to marry Paul?'

'Yes, darling.' Your mother nodded. 'It would benefit both families.'

'You are to be wed in one week's time.' Duke Leto said.

'And you're telling me this a week before our wedding.' You glanced at Paul, who looked was as shocked as you were.

'No.' You stood from the table.

'Y/n-' 

'No! I don't care if it would save the bloody world, I won't marry the boy who bullied me when I was young. Never.' You slammed your fist down on the table before storming out. 

You were livid. You couldn't believe that your parents were making you marry the boy who gave you so much grief, so much heartache, so much pain as a child. He was selfish, intolerable, terribly dim-witted, and you could easily out-smart him any day of the week. You would not marry that insufferable man. Never.

~~~

A knock came on your door. It had been three days since you'd seen anyone, since you'd locked yourself in your room. You weren't ready to face the world or the fact that you would have to marry your childhood bully.

'It's locked!' You said in a mock sing-song voice. You wouldn't even let your parents in. You'd sneak out at night to get food, but that was about it.

'Y/n, can we talk?' You were shocked to hear that the voice on the other side of the door wasn't in fact your mothers or fathers, but Paul's.

'What do you want?' You hissed.

'I... I want to talk about the... wedding.' Paul said, sighing two times. Two times. Was he fed up with you? Did he not want to go through with the marriage like you?

'Fine.' You got up from your bed and unlocked the door, yanking Paul inside, and dragging him to your bed. You sat down next to him and folded your hands. 'We can come up with a plan to prevent us from getting married. Maybe you could marry the girl you're in love with, and if she loves you back which would be a damn miracle in and of itself, we could get her to wear a thick veil so nobody can see her face. Then when the ceremony comes along it'll seem like you're marrying me but in reality you're marrying her.'

You took a breath to realise Paul wasn't as into the plot as you were.

'What?' You asked.

'I wanted to apologise for how I acted when I was young. It was foolish of me to do all those horrible things.' Paul said.

You were taken back by what he said.

'Look, the truth is...' He drew in a large breath, 'I like you, and I've always liked you. But as a young boy, I wasn't sure how to get your attention, so I thought that by bullying you, you would look at me. And I realise how stupid it was, because you did look at me, but in the wrong way.'

You just stared at Paul, unsure of what to say. You had no idea that he was bullying you because he liked you, you had always thought he hated you.

'I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry. And I get if you don't want to marry me.' Paul said, looking at his folded hands. 'I really am sorry, Y/n. Truly.'

'Thanks for that.' You said slowly.

You took a moment to process what he was saying. He liked you, he really liked you, and to him, bullying was a way of trying to get your attention. He's sorry. He's really sorry.

'I guess it's alright.' You huffed. 'I mean, I still don't like you, but I'm flattered you like me.'

'I understand.' Paul nodded and smiled. 'Well, I hope that over time, maybe you will grow to like me.' 

'Maybe. Over time.' You nodded.

~~~

'So that's how you and Grandpa found out you were getting married?' Asked Tia, your granddaughter. 

'I was only a few years older than you, my dear.' You smiled sweetly at her.

'How long did it take for you and him to really fall in love?' Tia asked.

'Well, we got married the next week, but beforehand we had to spend a lot of time together. I'd say it took me about a year to realise I was in love with him.' You said.

'By then you'd had Aunt Sorra, right?' Tia shifted in her seat.

'Yes, your Aunt Sorra was only three months old then.' You agreed.

'Woah.' Tia smiled. 'I had no idea.'

'One year later, your father came along. Then Uncle Kain and Aunt Hemne.' You said, listing off your children with Paul.

'Your life was so interesting, Grandma.' Tia sighed. 'Mine's so boring.'

'Well, you're young Tia. You're life has barely started.' You smiled at your granddaughter.

~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed! Feel free to tell me what you think, suggest a one-shot idea and follow for more like this! <3

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

29.5K 654 21
In a world of noble houses and desert planets, a young and mysterious Jedi emerges as the brother of Paul Atreides, Marcus Atreides. Possessing rare...
37.3K 990 11
Your sent to go fight a swordsman from the Atreides. You end up befriending him, and he invites your father and you to the palace for the opportunity...
26.5K 863 30
Mara "the cruel" Atreides was many things. Since a young age she showed no interest in the Bene Gesserit but rather in fighting. For that reason she...
6.3K 225 13
╰┈➤ paul atreides x oc ❝ do you always try to murder your suitors? ❞ ❝ maybe. ❞ ☄. *. ⋆ in which octavia blackthorn's peace is relatively interrupted...