Deep [Niall Horan]

Da takenaheart

"When I learned about his past, everything changed." "I was stuck in a fake bliss with him that I should have... Altro

Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Zayn
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Character List
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

1.3K 91 173
Da takenaheart

How are you liking the story so far? Is it going too fast? Too confusing? Too much going on? Let me know! <3

---------

"You're kidding," I say.

Niall is staring at me with red eyes. He looks like he's been crying. There's not a scratch on him from the incident last night. Not a cast or brace to be found.

"Emily, just listen. I'm here to confess. Please."

"Before, you say another word, do not start any fights or do anything crazy. I'll go ahead and say it now; I'm having lunch with Louis. He's in the bathroom right now."

"What?! Why are you with him?!"

"Calm down. It's only as a friend. He did it to make up for what happened yesterday."

"Can we talk somewhere else?" Niall says.

"I don't want to talk to you at all."

"Emily, please. I want to tell you the truth."

"You've had many opportunities to tell the truth, but you haven't so why should I believe you now? Nothing has changed with you and it probably never will. Fuck off."

"Emily..."

"Niall, just go. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm done?"

"Give me five minutes. Please..."

Niall places his hand on my shoulder and I push it off.

"No!" I yell, "You need to leave. Do not start anything when Louis comes out. Promise me that."

"Okay, I won't. I promise," he says.

"Niall, please leave now."

"Can I have a hug before I go?"

"No."

"Just one hug won't hurt Emily, please?" he says.

"Niall..."

"Please?"

"Okay...I guess."

Niall holds his arms out and comes closer to me then embraces me in a tight hug. I close my eyes. His body is warm through his tee-shirt. His muscular arms feel good around my body. His hair is soft against my cheek.

A flood of emotions and memories pour into my mind. Niall telling me I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever seen in his entire life. Niall's cheeks turning red when asking me on a date. Niall giving me flowers when picking me up at my house. Niall holding my hand at the restaurant. Niall carrying me down the sidewalk when my feet hurt. Niall not leaving me when I blew him off. Niall whispering into my ear during marketing class. Niall protecting me when I thought I was being taken advantage of.

"Emily," he says letting go of me, "I made a huge mistake. You don't deserve a piece of shit guy like me. I was too stupid to realize that you were different."

"Niall...I let you use me from the day that we first met."

"I know and I'm sorry," he says making eye contact with me.

"I don't think I can ever forgive you. I've never had a relationship with a guy before. I thought I finally found one, but it was all a lie. What I don't understand is why? What did you gain from it? Why pretend to like me when you had been dating Melissa the entire time? Why take me out on that fancy dinner when you already had a girlfriend? Why?"

Niall starts to cry.

"I was stupid, okay? And it doesn't matter anymore because she dumped me today."

"Is that supposed to make me feel sympathetic for you?" I laugh, "So I'm your backup? Now that she's gone you come to me!"

"That's not it!"

"Then what is it?!" I scream.

"It's just that I-"

"Well look who we have here."

Shit. I forgot about Louis. He took forever in the bathroom.

"Louis, don't," I say then turn to Niall, "you promised not to do anything crazy Niall."

Louis starts laughing as Niall wipes away the tears on his face.

"I'm leaving," I say, "I'm exhausted and I have to get to class. This is too much for me. Bye."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Math class is surprisingly uneventful. With both Liam and Harry in one class, I expected more drama to occur. The class passes by smoothly.

In the hallway after class, I feel yet another tap on my shoulder.

"Hi," he says.

"Um...hi Liam," I respond.

"I just wanted to apologize if I came off as an asshole yesterday. I'm a nice guy, I promise!"

He smiles and his brown eyes light up.

"It's okay."

"It's just that I can get crazy and angry around my brothers because we argue so much! We've been arguing more now than we have in a long time!"

"About what?"

Damn it Emily stop being so nosy.

"We've been arguing about what's going to happen with mum and dad's house. We can't decide whether we want to sell it, keep it, burn it, or make it a museum. My parents collected a lot of historical stuff."

"Wow that's really cool. I hope you all work it out soon."

"I hope we do too! Anyways, I don't want to keep you! Have a good day Emily!"

Liam quickly paces away and vanishes down the hallway.

That was odd. My mind can't take this anymore. Everyone is confusing me so much. I can't keep up. I just want to lie in bed and sleep for thirty years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm driving to Smith. It feels like it's been forever since I've been to work even though it's only been a day.

I'm going to run into Niall again. I'm really nervous. I can't avoid him at work, so I guess I'll just see what happens.

I arrive at Smith Medicine and make my way to my department. I'm ten minutes early which is good.

I'm the first one here, so I sit in a vacant seat and wait. I'm shaking and my heart is pounding. I'm not sure what to expect.

My co-worker Susan walks in. I'm happy to see a friend.

"Susan! Hey!" I beam.

"Emily! Did you hear what happened?"

"What?"

"Niall was fired."

"What?!" I gasp.

"Yep. He was fired this morning."

"What? Why?"

"Smith's report said it was because Niall being a VP was not the most efficient position for him because he could not work all day since he was still in school, but I don't think that's true. Smith could have just demoted him to a part-time position like you, but he didn't, so I think something else happened."

"How do you known all of this?"

"I know some people at the executive level," she laughs, "and guess what?!"

"What?"

"I was promoted! I'm the new Vice President of Marketing at Smith Medicine!"

"Congratulations! That's amazing!" I say.

"I'm so excited! I've got so many plans for our department! This will be the best year of Marketing that Smith has ever had in history!"

"I'm so happy for you, Susan, I really am."

"Anyways," she sits down next to me and whispers, "back to Niall. I think someone reported him."

"What do you mean?"

"I think someone reported him for being a little too advancing to one of the employees," she raises her eyebrows.

"Oh my god. Could I get fired too?"

"No, he was coming on to you. At least here at work he was. I don't know about what happened between you two outside of work."

"Do you think it was that guy who was jealous of him being so young?" I say.

"Yeah, it probably was him. He has been bitter about Niall since the beginning."

"That's true," I add.

The work session begins and I can't stop thinking about Niall the entire time. He was already crying when he came into the sushi restaurant. How did he know I was there? Why was he already crying? Why didn't he tell me he was fired from Smith? Why wouldn't he tell me why he dated Melissa? Will he ever stop lying to me? There are so many questions that I don't have answers to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I return home after work to my apartment complex. I knock on Mrs. Xavier's door.

"Who is it?" she sings from behind the door.

"It's me Emily."

The door immediately swings open.

"Emily! How are you? How is school? How is work? How is your mom?"

"Everything is good. I have a quick question."

"Okay!"

"What happened last night?"

"Well dear, that sweet blonde boy asked to get into your apartment and I used your spare key to let him in! He doesn't have the key or know where it is! I promise!"

"Could you please not let anyone into my apartment without my permission please? He could have been a robber!"

"I won't ever again! I promise! That was the only time! He just seemed so nice and he was crying!"

"Oh my god."

"Don't use the Lord's name in vain!"

"Sorry," I respond.

"That same boy came by again today."

"He did? What did he want?" I say.

"He wanted me to give you this."

Mrs. Xavier hands me a beige envelope with my name written on the front in beautiful cursive handwriting.

"I was really tempted to open it," she says, "but it's none of my business. Have a blessed day Emily!"

Mrs. Xavier closes her apartment door and I walk next door to mine. I walk in my apartment and lay the envelope on the coffee table. I'm not ready to read it yet.

I change out of my business suit and heels, take a shower, put on pajamas, and then fall onto my bed. I lay on my bed for several minutes with my eyes wide open.

I have to read that letter right now.

I jump off my bed and walk quickly into my living room. The letter is still on the table. I take a deep breath then grab the letter from the table. I walk back into my bedroom and close the door. I turn all the lights off except my bedside lamp. I open the letter and begin to read.

------------

WHO'S EXCITED FOR NIALL'S LETTER???

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

618K 18.6K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
81.8K 1.9K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
1.1M 38K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...