Tʜᴇ Sᴘᴀᴄᴇ Wɪᴛᴄʜ

By angela_catty

Kᴀᴛʀɪɴᴀ ᴡᴀs ɴᴏᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ. Sʜᴇ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴇʀ ᴋɪɴᴅ. A ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ... More

𝚱𝚨𝐓𝐑𝐈𝚴𝚨 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝚨𝐑𝐈𝐒
P▴L▴A▴Y▴L▴I▴S▴T▴
BEFORE
CAST
1.
2.
3.
SEASON 2
CAST
happy new year
after new years
alienated
salvage
beneath
bloodlines
depths
satisfaction
darkest
before the dawn
true colors
complications
the hunt
intervention
summit
deep space
endgame
endgame pt.2
goodbyes aren't forever
welp

war

649 14 0
By angela_catty

EPISODE 15 : WAR

THE WATCHTOWER 

MAY 23, 21:21 EDT

Captain Atom had called a meeting at the Watchtower to show the senior members of the Team and members of the League, something the towers sensors picked up. "We've been tracking something on long-range scanners, it's on a direct course for Earth, it's about to pass in front of Rhea, one of the moons of Saturn," Captain Atom briefs, but as they watch something didn't seem right, "Not in front of Rhea, behind it, that thing, whatever it is, is huge!" Nightwing says shocked. "Emerald do you recognize this thing?" Black Canary asks, "I'm sorry I don't, up till the destruction of the planet, there is no record of this....object," Kat informs. 

TAOS

MAY 23, 20:30 MDT

Emerald, Nightwing and Captain Atom, had just arrived at the partially repaired STAR Labs facility in Taos, in hopes of getting answers from Green Beetle who currently presided there. "Thank you for coming, My scarab has accessed the Reach's databases for intelligence on the approaching threat," the Martian informs, "It is called the Warworld, a massive artificial satellite, slightly smaller than Earth's Moon. It is a mobile doomsday weapon, created millennia ago by an now understandably extinct alien race. It is self powering and self-sustaining, thanks to an endless supply of worker drones providing repair ad battle drone providing security," He grimly explains, further stating that the satellite was reactivated by a key that was thought to be lost, but some how the current commander Mongul found it, "That commander, Mongulm now sits at the Warworld's helm, which receives and transmits his every thought, allowing him to control all of he Warworld's functions," he finishes. "That's definitely a good thing," Kat comments, "Who is this Mongul?" Captain Atom asks, "Long ago, he was the sole dictator of his home planet," Green begins, projecting an image of a large sinister looking yellow man, "But he was ousted by another tyrant and is determined to reclaim his throne," he narrates, "So what does that have to do with us?" Nightwing questions, "Mongul has determined that the surest way to take back his world is to first conquer the entire Galaxy, one can only assume he now views Earth as a threat to that plan, and so he comes with literally enough firepower to destroy your world," he states. Emerald's eyes widen, she felt sick, she didn't want to lose another planet she considers home, whoever this Mongul guy was, she knew was a madman, and had to be brought down.

They leave Taos after this ordeal, Katrina looks up to the sky, at the Warworld  that dwelled closed to the moon. There was something hauntingly familiar about the situation the heroes of the planet were facing, more over, the situation hit close to home for Kat. She knows first hand what happens when a power hungry being, wishes to conquer a powerful planet, it either leads to the destruction of the people, or their planet. She's afraid that this time, she won't be able to save them.

THE WARWORLD 

MAY 26, 12:00 UTC

The plan was more or less simple.

Members of the league would distract the satellites resources towards them, using themselves as a wall between the Warworld and Earth. Mongul wasn't open to negotiations, meaning now the heroes had to act fast. A segment of the Warworld's surface retracts, revealing a huge laser emitter, the laser powers up and fires, but as it does, Doctor Fate emerges from a portal in Earth orbit, conjuring a magical portal, absorbing the laser and retracting it back, destroying the emitter. 

Emerald, Captain Atom, Nightwing and Aquaman watched from the Watchtower monitor as Doctor Fate gets protected by Rockets kinetic bubble, a portal opens by her, intended for her and Captain Atom to pass through. 'Dick, in case something goes wrong, I want you to know that I forgive you, for Mount Justice,' she says, casting a space protection spell, so that she can breath in space, 'Don't say that Kat, I'd never be able to forgive myself, come back to me okay, come back to me,' he pleads, but she was already flying through the portal. She flies out of the planet into Earth's orbit, turning to the blue planet, she closes her eyes, opening them, as they burn green, creating a green orb of magic, "Hanc tellurem protege, nulla noxa veniat, hanc planetam tueatur, nulla noxa veniat" she incants repeating it over and over, until the ball of energy in her hand grows, and the planet become covered in a green shield. Her chanting continues as she reinforces the bubble, sure Doctor Fate had it under control but everyone agreed that Emerald should do the spell as a reassurance that nothing gets through. Rocket enlarges her bubble, protecting Emerald in the process, "Not sure we're doing much damage in the grand scheme, but Rocket's protecting Doctor Fate and Emerald, allows them to maintain focus on safeguarding Earth. And Captain Marvel, Green Beetle, and I seem to have Mongul's attention," Captain Atom reports, "Good, because of the Team's already inside," Nightwing replies. A wave of relief washes over Kat, knowing that they might just succeed at beating the Warworld.

She can hear through the comms, the Team taking their places within the death vessel, but she doesn't pay much attention to what they say, her entire attention on the complex protection spell protecting Earth. The blast suddenly stop, forcing Emerald to turn around, she gasps seeing a rain of missiles targeted towards Earth. "Rocket, let me out of the bubble now, Fate help me creating a shield!" she commands hastily. Rocket obliges letting down the defence that covered her as the other two remained within, Fate conjures an enormous protective shield, and Emerald follows, the missiles being absorbed by their shields. "Delta to Watchtower, Bioship estimates that Fate, Emerald, the League, and Delta are neutralizing 6% of the Warwold saturation attack at the source, but that's not going to cut it," Batgirl informs. Emerald brings down her shield, she begins throwing hexes in rapid succession, to destroy missiles. "Watchtower estimates that Earth's military forces will neutralize a further 13% ," Aquaman then says, "That isn't enough!" Emerald exclaims, chucking more energy, creating a large ball, expanding it so far that she start struggling to maintain it. She grunts as more missiles, get absorbed by the shield, 'Em! Stop! Please! Don't overwork yourself!' she hears Dick plead mentally, 'Ugh! Grayson, I refuse another home, because of some megalomaniac with a god complex,' she groans. 'I can help you sister, let me help,' she hears the familiar voice say, 'Dar? How do I know you're not lying?' she asks cautious, 'I have many plans for Earth, can't exactly be done if it's destroyed,' he says dryly, 'O-okay what do I do,' she asks not having much options. 'We must merge our minds temporarily, this will allow you to channel my energy!' he instructs, 'Right. Darcel, thank you,' she says softly.

Katrina opens her mind to her brother, as they merge, a green crown forms on her head, she feels the power surge through her. The shield temporarily falls, only for it to come back stronger, "Ahhhhhhhhh," a war cry rips out of Emeralds mouth. The shield goes down, as she feels the link between herself and her brother sever, Katrrina pants in exhaustion as she notices the Warworld had stopped, "All surface weapons have been silenced. Is it over?" Captain Atom question, "Mongul is down and contained," she hears Superboy report. Relief isn't a good enough word to describe what Emerald was feeling at that moment, she flies towards the Watchtower, opening a portal into the structure. She spots Dick, in an out of character moment, Nightwing runs to the witch, wrapping his arms around her lifting her of the ground, one hand in her hair the other tightly wrapped around her back. He places kisses to the side of her face, "You're okay, you're okay, you came back, you came back to me," he says relieved, and though she couldn't see it she felt wetness as she held his face. 'I'm okay, I'm right here, you aren't getting rid of me that easily," she chuckles darkly, going in for another hug. Things may be rough between them, but leave to something life threatening for Nightwing and Emerald to fall back into each others arms.

"We should probably check on the Team, we haven't heard from them for a while," Emerald suggests, "Right, Nightwing to Team, what's your status," but they both don't hear a reply, "Nightwing to Team, do you hear me?" he tries again, "Nightwing?" they both hear Blue Beetle, "We have a problem," he says scared. The pair look at each other, oh no.

okay so for this chapter the song is Gangsta's Paradise by 2WEI but there aren't any lyrics just a very epic soundtrack

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.1K 1.3K 39
A book filled with Damian Wayne stories , different ships and situations that involve our favorite bat boy . Enjoy! !!also all the pictures in any...
227K 3.7K 69
˗ˏˋand they said you couldn't escape ˎˊ˗ ↳thank you for reading! ↳request are close at the moment ↳finished as of 12/11/2020 ↬ DISCLAIMER ↫ ∼ I DO...
2.9K 52 45
When Chloe falls out of the sky, she doesn't imagine what would happen next. She doesn't plan on meeting him. She doesn't plan on being a hero. But a...
295K 4.8K 69
in which i write reader inserts dedicated to thicc grayson™