Revenge on The Bad Boy (Unexp...

By SilverMoonShadow

"You can't play a player baby, it doesn't work that way." Lola Mackenzie is getting way more than she bargain... More

Author's Note - Must read
01 - Lola: Surprise, Surprise
02 - Lola: Under the Surface
03 - Ryder: Calculus
04 - Lola: Love Game
05 - Lola: The First Move
06 - Ryder: Game On
07 - Ryder: Grand Gesture
09 - Lola: Memories
10 - Lola: Unintentional Progress, Apparently
11 - Ryder: Full of Surprises
12 - Lola: The Truth
13 - Lola: Stacy's New Friend
14 - Lola: Meet the Parents
15 - Ryder: Awake
16 - Lola: Sleepover
17 - Lola: Claire
18 - Ryder: Hospital Visit
Competition - No Longer Open
Competition Shortlist
19 - Lola: Introducing Chelsea
20- Lola: Dresses, dresses and more dresses!
21 - Lola: Getting Ready
22 - Lola: Prom
Editing Update

08 - Lola: A Date with the Player

24.7K 712 30
By SilverMoonShadow

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and pulled my hair up into a messy bun before walking back into my room. Mark lounged on the bed, flicking through a magazine. How he couldn't find something more interesting to do was beyond me.

What guy would willingly read an old hair magazine when there were perfectly good books on the shelf right next to him? Claire bustled around the room, grabbing shoes and clothes from various drawers and wardrobes and laying them out on the bed around him.

I couldn't help but envy Anna, who'd chosen simply to sit this one out. Claire's fussing drove her crazy, even though she was exactly the same when it came to her schoolwork. Everything she'd ever done in class was filed away in labelled folders, organised by topic. Her bedroom was like an overly efficient work office, much like Claire's closet.

Grabbing my hair brush from the desk, I yanked the bobble from my hair before pulling it through the strands, shaping it around my face.

"Take your time why don't you?" Claire sighed in mock annoyance.

"Mark, she needs to change." He didn't look up from the magazine, but I could see his mouth curl up at the corners in amusement.

"I don't mind."

Raising her eyebrows, there was no need for Claire to say anything. She'd mastered the scary 'do what I say or else' look years ago. Being the second child, she'd really had no choice but to stand her ground from an early age. Mark mimicked her expression, and the air between them sizzled as they stared each other down. Finally, Mark stood with a sigh, dropping the magazine onto the duvet and loping out of the room. Claire smiled in victory, cheeks flushed.

I chuckled as she slammed the door behind him, and Claire spun around, her eyes lit up with excitement. Sometimes, I have to wonder whether she sees me as an actual friend, or just a dress-up doll.

"So, where's he taking you? Are we going, daytime casual or evening sexy?" She narrowed her eyes, pouting dramatically in a model pose and I laughed at her ridiculous enthusiasm.

"I don't actually know, he never mentioned."

She rolled her eyes at my hopelessness and I smiled sheepishly.

"I have his number." Mark's voice drifted through the door.

"You could call him and find out."

Claire tutted in annoyance and opened my door, glaring at Mark and snatching the phone from his outstretched hand.

"Thank you." He grinned at the reluctance of her voice, and nodded politely.

"Now this time, go away." She snapped, but her tone wasn't quite as harsh this time.

He smirked, as if sensing the weakness and her expression hardened again as she began to count.

"One." He raised his eyebrows and her nostrils flared.

"Two."

I didn't know what was going to happen if she got to three, but I'm pretty sure that whatever it was, it wasn't going to be pretty.

Seeming to come to the same realisation, he sighed in defeat. Turning on his heels, he walked down the stairs to the kitchen and I chuckled at the exchange.

"Okay, now call him."

"What? Why? You're the one that cares! I'm happy in jeans and a hoodie."

She narrowed her eyes dangerously and made my decision for me. Pressing the call button, she handed me the phone and walked out of the room to give me some privacy.

I sighed as it rang, lifting it to my ear.

"Hey, 'sup?" His greeting was casual, and the mere sound of his voice made my cheeks flush. I'm so pathetic.

"Ryder?" I questioned, biting down on my lower lip gently.

"Lola?" His tone had considerably brightened and the thought made me smile.

"Wait, why are you on Mark's phone?" I fiddled nervously with my necklace.

"I didn't have your number."

"And you just couldn't wait to talk to me again?" I could picture him smirking at the other end of the line and glanced at the clock on my bedroom wall. It was only half an hour until he was meant to be picking me up for our date. I guess this must've looked pretty pathetic.

"I was just wondering where we're going... I didn't know what to wear."

He chuckled before replying.

"Just wear anything... or nothing. Either way I'm good." He joked lightly and I rolled my eyes, even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"I'm serious." Biting back a laugh, I tried my best to sound stern. My attempts failed miserably.

"Just something casual... but hot." He added as an afterthought and I shook my head in amusement.

"Okay... thanks. I guess I'll see you soon then." My voice trailed off awkwardly, and I heard a distant "yeah" from him before I hung up.

"You can come in now." Walking to the door, I pulled it open, raising my eyebrows at Claire who stumbled in. Just as I'd expected, she'd been eavesdropping with her ear against the wood. She smiled sheepishly.

"You know me so well." She grinned, and I rolled my eyes with a laugh.

* * *

It soon became evident than Claire and I had very different interpretations of 'casual' clothing. Eventually though, we reached a compromise. I ended up in dark blue skinny jeans with a loose fitting top and leather jacket. Glancing at my pitiful collection of handbags, I shoved my phone and money in the pocket of my jacket instead, much to Claire's annoyance. My shoes made no noise on the carpet as I walked down the stairs and entered the lounge. Claire and Mark were locked in an intense staring match on the couch, but both turned my way at the creak of the door. Mark's eyes widened slightly at my change of appearance and I smiled despite myself.

Claire looked oddly insecure as she stood from her seat, and I looked at her curiously, but a knock at the door prevented me from asking her why.

"I'll get it." She smiled happily, seeming to be back to normal as she skipped to the door. I still wasn't so sure, but if she didn't want to talk about it there was going to be very little I could do to change that. I decided to leave it for now.

Claire's voice carried through to the living room for the hall as she opened the door.

"You hurt her and I will hurt you more than your pea-sized brain can even begin to imagine." She warned dangerously and I held back a laugh. She was scarier than my father.

Deciding to give him a break, I slipped through the door before Claire could continue. She backed away, watching us closely. I stepped forward as he offered me his arm, but was yanked back again by Claire.

"You will take care of her, or we will chop your body into little pieces and then feed them to you." She warned menacingly.

"Okay Mum." My voice was laced with sarcasm as I pushed past her once again.

"I think he gets the message." I linked my arm through Ryder's with a smile and he led me down the driveway. Sat in the road outside my house was a motorbike. Sun shone off the metal and two helmets sat on the seat.

"A bike? I have always wanted to go on one of these!" It was true. I'd always been way too scared to try it out, but now seemed like the perfect time to get over that fear. Despite myself, I trusted Ryder.

He looked shocked by my exclamation and I laughed at his dubious expression as he handed me a spare helmet. Swinging one leg over the bike, he looked towards me daringly, as if he didn't quite believe I could do it.

I hesitated for just a moment before slipping on behind him, slipping my hands around his waist and pressing my palms flat against his stomach. He tensed against me and I smiled. It was somewhat pleasing to know that I had as much of an effect on him as he did on me. My entire body tingled as my front pressed his back and my cheeks flushed as he revved the bike and zoomed off down the road. The wind whipped through the ends of my hair, whistling through my ears.

"Where are we going?" I yelled over the noise of the wind, hoping he could hear me, and he shook his head.

"It's a surprise."

We arrived soon after that, and I slid off the bike, stretching out my legs and removing my helmet. Ryder chuckled as he slid off the bike and I narrowed my eyes.

"What?"

"You have helmet hair." Ryder smiled, his eyes lit up in amusement.

I moaned, raising my hands to flatten it out again. Ryder captured my arms mid-air and I raised my eyebrows at him curiously.

"What?"

He grinned.

"I'd advise you don't moan like that again." He whispered, moving in closer, and my cheeks flushed as the meaning set in.

"It wasn't for you." Taking a step back, I turned to walk away, only to be pulled back.

"Is that a challenge?" He inquired, not giving me a chance to answer before pressing his lips to mine.

I kept my mouth firmly closed, determined not to give him the satisfaction of even the slightest reaction. He smiled against my lips, his hand running down the side of my body. I shivered slightly, and his smile widened. His hand paused at the side of my hip and he squeezed lightly. I gasped, and he took full advantage, running his tongue along my lower lip before slipping it into my mouth.

I was stupid to have challenged him, even if the challenge had been unintentional, but I was way too stubborn to back out now. Sure, he had way more experience, but there was no way I was going to give him the satisfaction. Pulling me closer, he removed my mouth from mine, lowering it to the soft spot on my neck just beneath my ear. Kissing the skin softly, he drew circles in my side with his thumb as he swirled his tongue and teeth over the spot. I sighed softly and he grinned, increasing the pressure. I moaned softly despite myself, arching my body into his. He raised his head with a smug grin, pecking me softly on the lips once more before moving back. I narrowed my eyes in annoyance, more at myself than him.

"I win." I blushed, reaching up to run my fingers through my hair. He waited patiently until I was done and then grabbed my hand, interlocking his fingers with mine and pulling me into the woods.

"Where are we going?" I laughed, tripping over a tree root as we walked and clutching to his arm to avoid plummeting to the ground.

"There's this place I like to go sometimes, and I thought it might be nice for our date." He replied, and I stiffened.

"This place... Is it like a little clearing by the lake, with trees kind of hiding it from view, and a little wooden bridge?" My voice sounded distant, even to my own ears and he froze at the sound.

"Yes..." He drew out the word and I pulled my hand out of his.

"Would you mind if maybe, we went somewhere else?" I asked quietly, seeing the curiosity peak in his eyes.

"Why?" He kept his voice at the same volume as mine, probably unsure how I was going to react.

I took a deep breath before shaking my head apologetically.

"I'm sorry." He raised his eyebrows with a shrug, his mouth set in a firm line.

"Fine." His voice had hardened and he turned around, walking back the way we came. I scrambled to catch up.

"You can't just leave!" I told him desperately and he turned back to me his eyes hard.

"If you didn't want to do this, you should have just said so." His voice was colder than ice as he stalked away. I chased after him with a grown.

"Of course I wanted the date you idiot. How am I supposed to make you fall in love with me without a friggin' date?"

The mention of our little game seemed to bring him back to reality and he paused.

"There isn't anything bad enough for you not to be able to tell me." His voice had softened, and my anger crumbled at the sight of the guilt in his eyes.

I wanted so badly to tell him the truth, but what if his sudden understanding was all a pretence? He'd been playing this game for longer than I had, and every single time he'd won. This time had to be different... I had to stay strong. I would stick to my silence, however much it pained me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dedicated for the cover at the top which was the cover the book had when I first posted it! #memories

- Bree

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.5K 610 24
Yoohyeon accidentally hit send and sent a long ass DM to her long time crush, Kim Minji. What she didn't know is that, Minji is a renowned heartbreak...
107K 1.7K 12
(This is a couple weeks before the Vytal Festival) RWBY are currently in JNPR room chilling with them. Reason? They got bored in their room and decid...
1.2M 10.2K 8
True love will always find its way back. We all have that one guy we don't like, or we probably hate, even though we know that he's attractive and ch...
5.3M 172K 40
"I shouldn't have agreed" She stilled as he kissed her bare shoulders,with a hand he wiped off her tears.She was scared as to what his little secret...