The dualbender (atla) book 2

By Sachubxnny

Warning: If you haven't read book 1 yet, please go read that one first. I mean, I won't stop you, but do your... More

Prologue
Chapter 2 - shells
Chapter 3 - prisoners?
Chapter 4 - a traitor?
Chapter 5 - Avatar state
Chapter 6 - traveling nomads
Chapter 7 - labyrinth
Chapter 8 - Oma and Shu
Chapter 9 - badgermoles
Chapter 10 - return to Omashu
Chapter 11 - resistance fighters
Chapter 12 - Pentapox!
Chapter 13 - kidnapped a child?!
Chapter 14 - a trade
Chapter 15 - jings
A/N
Chapter 16 - tornado
Chapter 17 - vines
Chapter 18 - heart of the swamp
Chapter 19 - banyan-grove tree
Chapter 20 - swamp benders
Chapter 21 - a friend
Chapter 22 - Avatar day
Chapter 23 - trial
Chapter 24 - Detectives
Chapter 25 - jail
Chapter 26 - one last testimony
Chapter 27 - Earth Rumble VI
Chapter 28 - The blind bandit
Chapter 29 - the fancy dancer

Chapter 1 - General Fong

270 14 2
By Sachubxnny

- Third POV -

It's the middle of the night, Aang wakes up terrified, however after a minute or two he falls asleep. The next morning, Mizuki sees Aang eating breakfast at the dinner table.

"Goodmorning!" Beams Aang while stuffing his mouth with food.

"Morning" Hums Mizuki happily as she grabs a piece of bread from the kitchen and sits next to Aang.

"How did you sleep?" Asks Aang before taking a sip from his drink.

"I slept good. What about you?" Mizuki recalls a memory of her waking up in the middle of the night, after she heard Aang gasp loudly and constantly turn around. She assumed he had a nightmare, but was too tired to ask.

"Uhm" Replies Aang sheepisly as he looks away.

"I heard you wake up last night, did you have a nightmare again?" Asks Mizuki worriedly.

"Yeah. I was in the Avatar State, but I was outside my body watching myself. It was scary. I was scary" Says Aang upset as he remembers how terrifying he looked in his nightmare.

"Hey, it's okay. It was just a dream, you're probably worrying a bit too much about the responsiblity of being the Avatar" Reassures Mizuki as she puts her hand on Aang's shoulder. Aang looks at Mizuki with a small smile on his face. She always know how to calm me down.

❀❀❀

Pakku's on a ship with two Water Tribe members and Team Avatar.

"Katara, I want you to have this. This amulet contains water from the Spirit Oasis. The water has unique properties. Don't lose it" Says Pakku as he hands Katara a small flask. Katara accepts the gift and hugs Pakku.

"Thank you, Master Pakku" Replies Katara happily.

"Princess Mizuki, I've noticed how the clothing you are wearing, is the only clothing you own. So have this. These clothes used to belong to your mother. I'm sure they'll look great on you" Mizuki accepts the clothing and looks at Pakku with a grateful expression written over her face.

"Thank you!" Beams Mizuki while Pakku pats her shoulder.

"Aang, these scrolls will help you master waterbending. But remember, they're no substitute for a real master" States Pakku while handing Aang a small box with waterbending scrolls. Sokka looks excitedly at Pakku, waiting for his gift.

"Take care son" Pakku pats Sokka on the shoulder, leaving him dismayed.

"Fly straight to the Earth Kingdom base to the east of here. General Fong will provide you with an escort to Omashu. There, you will be safe to begin your earthbending training with King Bumi" Informs Pakku while Team Avatar gets onto Appa's back.

"Appa, yip yip!" Exclaims Aang.

"Say hi to Gran-Gran for me!" Shouts Katara as Appa ascends.

❀❀❀

Somewhere in a village, Iroh is lying on a table, getting a relaxing massage at a resort.

"This is what I've been missing. Who knew floating on a piece of driftwood for three weeks with no food or water, and sea vultures waiting to pluck out your liver could make one so tense?" Sighs Iroh while looking at the clearly unhappy Zuko.

"I see. It's the anniversary, isn't it?" Says Iroh in an understanding tone.

"Three years ago today, I was banished. I lost it all. I want it back. I want the Avatar, I want my honor, my throne. I want my father not to think I'm worthless" Replies Zuko bitterly.

"I'm sure he doesn't. Why would he banish you if he didn't care-" Iroh stops talking the moment Zuko gets up and walks away.

"Uh, that came out wrong, didn't it?"

❀❀❀

Several men bow as a royal carriage is brought out. Within the carriage is Princess Azula, the daughter of Ozai, niece of Iroh, and sister of Zuko. Azula steps out of the carriage and walks down the line of soldiers.

"My brother and my uncle have disgraced the Fire Lord, and have brought shame on all of us. You might have mixed feelings about attacking members of the Royal Family. I understand. But I assure you, if you hesitate, I will not hesitate to bring you down. Dismissed" States Azula. As soon as she's done talking, the soldiers leave. Except for the captain, who runs up to Azula.

"Princess, I'm afraid the tides will not allow us to bring the ship into port before nightfall" Apologizes the female.

"I'm sorry, captain, but I do not know much about the tides. Could you explain something to me?" Says Azula.

"Of course, your Highness" Responds the captain slightly annoyed.

"Do the tides command this ship?" Asks Azula in a stern tone.

"I'm afraid I don't understand" Replies the captain while trying to avoid Azula's question.

"You said the tides would not allow us to bring the ship in. Do the tides command this ship?" Asks Azula, this time in a sharper tone.

"No, princess" Sighs the female.

"And if I were to have you thrown overboard, would the tides think twice about smashing you against the rocky shore?" Continues Azula. The captain's eyes widen out of shock. After everything I've done for her, she's threathening to end my life?! I've done nothing but work my ass off to become the youngest captain in the Fire Nation, and the greatest one as well. So why does Azula still treat me like a piece of trash? I can't stand her!

"No, princess" Replies the captain anxiously while Azula runs her fingers through her bangs.

"Well then, maybe you should worry less about the tides who have already made up their mind about killing you, and worry more about me, who's still mulling it over" Threathens Azula.

"I'll pull us in" Says the female in defeat as she turns around to leave. Azula glares at the girl and narrows her eyes in suspicion. I don't trust that pirate...

❀❀❀

"There it is!" Sokka points at General Fong's base, where he and his soldiers are waiting for Team Avatar's arrival.

"Welcome, Avatar Aang! I am General Fong, and welcome, to all of you great heroes! Appa, Momo, brave Sokka, the mighty Katara, and princess Mizuki" Greets the man excitedly.

"Mighty Katara? I like that" Chuckles Katara pleased while fireworks go off, launched by the soldiers using earthbending.

"Not bad, not bad" Grins Sokka.

"I preferred the title dual bender" Sighs Mizuki annoyed. Great, people will call me a princess from now on. But I never was taught how to be one, I don't even know which fork to use when eating desserts!

❀❀❀

General Fong and Team Avatar are sitting in a spacious discussion room.

"Avatar Aang, we were all amazed at the stories of how you singlehandedly wiped out an entire Fire Navy fleet at the North Pole. I can't imagine what it feels like to wield such devastating power. It's an awesome responsibility" Begins General Fong as he strokes his beard.

"I try not to think about it too much" Replies Aang casually.

"Avatar, you're ready to face the Fire Lord now" Says General Fong.

"What? No I'm not!" Exclaims Aang anxiously.

"Aang still needs to master all four elements" Informs Mizuki.

"Why? With the kind of power he possesses, power enough to destroy hundreds of battle ships in a matter of minutes, he could defeat the Fire Lord now!"

"But sir, the thing is, Aang can only do those things when he's in the Avatar State" Informs Sokka.

"See, it's this special state where-" Aang gets cut off by General Fong.

"I'm well aware! Your eyes and tattoos glow and you're able to summon unbelievable power. Without you, we'd be slaughtered before we even reach their shores. But with you leading the way, as the ultimate weapon, we could cut a swath right through to the heart of the Fire Nation" General Fong looks at a map and points at the Fire Nation Capital.

"Right, but, I don't know how to get in or out of the Avatar State, much less what to do once I'm there" Replies Aang.

"So, it's decided then. I'll help you figure out how to get into the Avatar State and then you'll face your destiny" States General Fong.

"No, nothing's decided. We already have a plan. Aang's pursuing his destiny his way" Retorts Katara angrily.

"Well, while you take your time learning the elements, the war goes on. May I show you something?" Asks General Fong as he leads Aang to a window.

"That's the infirmary, and those soldiers are the lucky ones. They came back. Every day, the Fire Nation takes lives. People are dying, Aang! You could end it, now. Think about it" Pleads General Fong. Upon hearing 'lucky ones', Mizuki gulps nervously. Aang averts his eyes to the side, looking unsure.

To be continued

Word count: 1.410

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.3K 2.7K 22
๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘—๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ฆ ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘Ž๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘š๐‘’. โš ๏ธŽ๏ธŽ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
140K 4.8K 15
You, the reader, woke up on a ship and discovered that you had been transported to the Avatar universe. You have to work with the GAng and figure out...
108K 5.2K 65
How are you supposed to move forward when you can't stop regretting your past? Everyone walked away from the Battle of The Sun & The Moon a different...