365 Moments

By Dumebiherself

Miracle a twenty year old girl with only a year to live , sought out to fulfill one goal hers , make an impac... More

Author's note
Second Battle
Third battle
fourth battle
Fifth battle
Sixth battle
seventh battle
Eighth battle v
Nineth battle
Tenth battle
Eleventh Battle
Twelveth battle
thirteenth battle
fourteenth battle
fifteenth battle
sixteenth moment
seventeenth
Eighteenth
Nineteenth
twentieth
twenty-first
twenty second .
Epilogue
thank you note

First moment

18 2 0
By Dumebiherself

"I am  sorry , Ms miracle but we can't continue with your treatments , your cancer is too advanced and I am afraid it has spread out to other organs as well."

I sat still as my oncologist Mr Johnson read out my fate like it was already drafted , he wore a stoic expression trying his best  not to be emotional , trying to balance work and family .

I raised my chin to look at him , swallowing up the lump that formed at the back of my throat , I had been preparing for this day since I found out about my cancer last two years . I went for treatments , believed and had hope that I would survive but life was a bitch always reminding us that we are nothing but pawns in it's hands , try as we may to protest , we are nothing but pawns .

Mr Johnson brought his hands to his face no doubt not finding words to fit the news he was about to break to me .
"  I am sorry but we can't continue with the treatment , your body has stopped responding to them , and your at the last stages of Small cell lung cancer {SCLC} , there isn't much we can do but keep you comfortable till your body goes off "  I took a deep breath and grabbed doctor Johnson's hands  

  " how long do I have? " I asked ,  

Doctor Johnson took a deep breath squeezed my hands  " just a year left " 

he said his voice just above a whisper .
I slumped back in the seat I was in and took deep breaths trying to force the tears down as they threatened to pour out , Doctor Johnson came around and engulfed me in a hug and that was when the dam broke , my tears came in waves as I sobbed into his chest clutching onto him for dear life.

I hoped everything was a dream that I would wake up and everything would be alright but that was my sad reality , I was going to die in a Year's time , I stayed in Doctor Johnson hug for a few minutes before I pulled away I suddenly felt the urge to be away from the hospital , I always hated the antiseptic smell , the sadness  and in-between life and death auras that always hung around it , it drove me insane and right now it was doing nothing to help me .

" I will be on my way John , thanks for everything , we saw this coming , I wish it wasn't so soon "  I said getting to my feet ready to make my escape but doctor Johnson hand grabbed me  " will you be ok okay? "  He asked , I nodded my head .

" Alright then , I will send the rest of your medications to your house , painkillers to help with the pains and joint pain , call if something happens "  he said pure concern laced in his voice . I went to him and grabbed him in a hug , I don't think I would have been able to make it this far if he wasn't my doctor  , I wanted to give up but he gave me hope , he was my dad's best friend , therefore he was like a second father to me   " I will be fine don't worry okay, Make sure to grab something for lunch "  I said kissing his cheek  " I don't think I will be able to eat after today "  he replied .

I looked tenderly at him but I couldn't and woudn't let them start mourning while I was still alive  " John "  I used the nickname I had always called him since I was five . 

" Can we postpone that till the day I actually die , I wouldn't want you coming with me to the great beyond , I hear it's a scary place" .

I say attempting a joke and it worked a plastic smile appeared on his face it wasn't what I was looking for but it was close , I hugged him one last time and left the hospital .

I took the bus home , I had refused to take my car , because I didn't know what to expect after my visit to the hospital I didn't think I would be in a position to drive , I made it back home in less than forty minutes , I walked into the house and found my mom in the kitchen making lunch , it was an image I was used to , I always came home to her making lunch since I was In elementary school , it was a good thing she worked from home , before I could stop myself I went to her and grabbed her in a hug.

" Honey , your home , I didn't hear the  door open , how was it?"  She asked .

I released her as she turned to face me ,

" I have just one year to live mom , I am dieing ".

  I couldn't think of a better way to phrase my words so I just said them as they came , the look on my mom's face was that of shock before it morphed into pure agony , she pulled me  in for a hug and held on to me after a while I reminded her of our lunch and went up to my room .

I went through the hallway leading to my bedroom I came across the picture of my late dad on the wall , he was wearing a beautiful smile on his face , I couldn't remember exactly how my dad died but I could remember his smile, he was always so happy even when he was going through things , his smile never faded it was etched on his face forever .

I went into my room and fell face down on my bed , I wanted to scream , life was not fair , I thought of my mom , when I died she was going to be left alone in this lonely world , life already took my dad from her and she was about to lose me too.

I suddenly started feeling sweaty and my headaches was rolling in , a symptom of the last stages of SCLC , I went into the bathroom to shower I let  the water heat up as much as I could stand it and stepped under the shower I let the water cascade down my hair and I felt my muscles relax , I showered and after five minutes made my way out of the bathroom put on my clothes and went downstairs , I didn't have an appetite , another symptom , a clear sign my body was giving up on me , but I still managed to eat as much as I could stomach so I made my way down and went into the kitchen , but my mom wasn't there anymore , I turned to walk towards her room but I heard sniffles and turned back towards the kitchen ,I didn't have the strength anymore , I was tired .

I dished up my food , my mom made jollof rice which was my favorite food but I couldn't eat it , I just sat down picking at the food , I already lost the appetite I didn't have so I packed up to he food and stored it away in the freezer and made my way outside the house .

I needed to be anywhere but my home , it made me sad knowing I wouldn't be there any longer .

I walked to the park just down the street from my house and sat on the bench by the play  ground , it was usually empty by this time of the day , so I was alone with just a few people in it , I pulled out my ear pod and went through my phone play list and settled on one of Ardee song titled come and go , I let the lyrics wash over me though it was a rap song but the words in it held meaning to me

In this world you come and you go
Story of my life
I been on my ones on grinding
Not getting by but it's two timing
It's alright I don't mind it
However you cope
When you leave in a place so cold
Hearts get froze that don't trust a soul
Cos in this world you come and you go

The lyrics sang out in my ear , I guess I have come and I will be going soon . I relaxed my body into the bench closing my eyes ,my body was getting tired and my headaches was getting worse but it's a part of my life so I was a little bit used to it but the pain was excruciating I cried when it was at it's peak before I knew it my body drifted off into a dreamless sleep .

I woke up with a jolt someone had pulled at my hand I stood up looking frantically around for where the danger came and my eyes settled on a large muscular man standing before me with a menacing smirk on his face  " finally sleeping beauty awakens "   he pulled on my hand and tugged me towards a an alley , it was beginning to get dark and this part of the neighborhood was always deserted at this time of the day so I struggled with my abductor but I might as well have been pulling a brick wall because he didn't budge .

He dragged me up the alley and pushed me against the wall and held my wrists in a vice like grip  " let go of me " .

I said through gritted teeth , my breaths was becoming shallow and I tried to stable it but it wasn't working.  " your struggling turns me on , Keep doing it " .

The huge man said ,I glared at him and spat at him , he laughed and pulled my body closer to him , his eyes dropping to my  chest where my breast was threatening to spill out of my shirt and caressed it , my body stiffened in disgust .  

  " please don't touch me "  I pleaded with him  " keep begging "  he said .

I struggled against him , I tried kicking him but my body was way too tired to cooperate , he continued his exploration making me shiver in disgust and self loathing , he brought his lips to rest on my eyes and I closed my eyes wishing I  could just die . I waited for his lips to descend on mine but it never came then I heard a loud thud and some curse words before the earth beneath me began to shift and I lost focus for a moment fighting the blackness wanting to envelope me , it was too comfortable , I struggled to stay concious but my body had  other plans until my body hit the cold hard floor .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.7K 54
We've all heard about 'the main character'. The type of person who lives through the most dramatic and improbable situations, and finds the kind of e...
32.7K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
6.5K 243 89
Ella Walter, the new girl. Searching for love yet afraid to find it. Seeking help yet afraid to tell anyone. Body and mind full of scars convincing...
1.4K 59 22
What happens when a bad boy meets a bad girl ? Forget about all the innocent girls that fall for bad boys. In this one, bad boy faces bad girl. But...