Destined For the King

By CHIXAAA_

"Time is up, I AM CLAIMING WHAT IS MINE!" His voiced shattered throughout the entire tower. He has found me a... More

Love is for the pure
Domination
Rapunzel Rapunzel...
Fight Til The End
Face to Face pt. 1
Face to Face pt.2
Stephan
Countdown
Alone
Reality
Panic Attack
Throwback p1
Throwback p2
Submissive
Dinner date
Agreement
CHECK IT OUT
Meet the Parents
Dinner conversation
Explain!
Family secrets
Truth
Armani Dresses
Realization
Fresh start
New Agreement
Party Time
In the Works
Stalling
Perfect Night
Surprise Honey
Happiness
Test run
Family Drift
Touchdown
Talks and Mimosa
Shot at Love
Our First Kiss?
Up In The Air
My Turn
Engagement Party
Do I stay...
Or Do I Go...
BE PATIENT AND RESPECTFUL
Week of Freedom
Dark times
Torn
UPDATE TOMORROW
Make Amends
Shell of A Man
Day 1
New York
Midnight
Birthday p1
Birthday P2
Morning after
Milian
Soon
Realtor Project
Back Home
Finally Reunited
Council
I'll Marry You
Massive Print
New Expectations
Wedding plans
Decisions without Him
Yes to the Dress
Bridesmaid shopping
Wife Selection
Crocodile Tears

Sit Down

34K 1.1K 47
By CHIXAAA_

A few decades later, here I am again! I know it's been forever and a day, but sometimes writer's block takes days, weeks or months to get over.

--------------------

Mama greeted us with open arms when we exited the car. There was quite a difference in the amount of love she poured into Dominic's hug than she did with mine, but there wasn't enough time to complain before she pushed us into the house. Papa wasn't home yet, but I could tell he was on his way home from the anxiety pouring from mama's aura.

Roberto was home reading in the living room when we entered. He smiled but didn't bother to get up from his seat.

"Mama, why are you pushing us?" I stammered as I stumbled to the couch across from Roberto. Dominic took a seat close beside me.

"I don't want your father to see you at the door. No telling what he might do."

"That's why we're here today. This stops now." Dominic declared.

"No, that's why I'm here. You promised I would get the chance to deal with this without you. I'm talking to him by myself." I hissed to Dominic.

This conversation was already causing such drama in the famiglia; I don't need Dominic to add more fuel to the already out-of-control fire. Papa will be more willing to talk to me than Dominic.

"Alessandra is right. Papa will castrate Dominic before he gets the chance to speak." Roberto chimed in.

"Alessandra, why don't you go wait in Papa's study? I'll keep Dominic busy on the terrace." Mama ordered. She came over to grab Dominic off the couch before we could give an answer.

It was the perfect timing for mama to whisk Dominic away. The moment the backdoor shut, I heard a car approaching the front door. Roberto looked through the window and shot me a thumbs up, confirming it was Papa who had arrived.

Roberto and I rushed over to Papa's study before he could walk through the door.

"You're going to stay with me?" I asked him as we sat in front of Papa's desk.

"Hell yes! I need to see this train wreck up close and personal."

"TERESO! ROBERTO! Who's car is outside?" Papa yelled out from the front door.

"We're in your office, Papa!" Roberto called out.

The most intense and terrifying moments were listening to Papa's footsteps stomp towards the office door. He hated us being in his office space when he wasn't home. It was one of our many rules to follow as a child growing up. We thought it was because we were kids and would mess up his work, but he hid his involvement in illegal trades.

Papa opened the door with haste. I heard a soft gasp come from his lips when his eyes lay on me. My heart skipped a beat when I laid eyes on him. It's been months since I've seen him. I could see how much he had changed in such little time apart. His gentle green eyes were dull and tired. It complimented his dark heavy eye bags very well. His posture was slouched to showcase the growing hump on the upper part of his back. There was no joy on his face like before. The always smiling, gentle soul was now rigid, cold and mean.

"What are you doing here?" Papa asked coldly. He walked passed Roberto and me to his chair. He barely made eye contact as he tried to log into his computer.

"I came to talk," I answered.

"Papa, this is getting ridiculous. You need to talk to your only daughter." Roberto chimed in.

"She made her choice," Papa answered smoothly.

"Are you kidding me? How can you be upset with me deciding to make the best out of a situation that I had no control over! Your family put me in this mess, and it turns out it has been one of the best things that have happened to me. Now you won't be angry?" I snapped.

Papa slammed his fist on the desk out of rage.

"I'm trying to get you out! Do you know what type of man that monster is?" Papa growled.

"Yes, the same man you are! You can't cast shame when you're doing the exact same thing! You've done bad things with bad people. How can you think you're so different from Dominic?"

Papa was silent, but his eyes were filled with rage with a hint of guilt. No lies came from my lips. Papa and Dominic are practically the same men. Yes, Dominic is much more dangerous, but Papa has connections and has gotten his hands just as dirty. The only difference is that Papa tried to hide what he's done, and Dominic embraces it. I don't agree with their work or how they manage their business, but that's the world I've chosen to accept. I need my Papa to see that.

"Everything I do is for my famiglia. I'll end the world for you two and your mama." Papa gritted out.

"Everything that Dominic does is for his famiglia, too, and I'm a part of his famiglia. I love him. I want to marry him. Dominic may be a monster to most but to me...he's a man worthy of my love. Dominic has shown me what I truly mean to him despite our ups and downs. I know that I'll be safe by his side. Before this whole arrangement occurred, I met Dominic when we were young. He was my first crush, and I never saw him again until the day he came to whisk me away. It took so many sleepless nights and endless crying to get where we are now. He is the same man I fell for when I was young. Why can't you see how happy I am?"

"I didn't raise you to love a criminal like him! I do things because I have to, not because I want to. It is my job to provide for my famiglia. When you were growing up, times were hard, but I had to do what I needed to provide for you. I never wanted to get into the life I did, but there was no other choice. This is why I kept you all away from this world. Do you realize how much of a target you now are? People are going to kill you because of Dominic! Why would this make me happy to embrace your choice?"

I sat quietly, taking in his words. There's his reason. He doesn't want me to be a target. It's understandable for a father to be afraid for his daughter. Any sane person would worry about their loved ones in that situation. Even though I try not to think about it, it bothers me greatly that people are willing to harm me because it would hurt Dominic. No one is okay with being a target, but...this is a sacrifice I choose for love. I love Dominic, and this is his world. If you love someone, you will do whatever it takes to be with them. It means knowing that if my guard is down and without protection, I could be in danger. But I know Dominic, and I know myself. We would never do anything that would put either of us in harm's way. Dominic would die before anything would happen to me.

Hearing these words coming from my Papa's lips after long tiring silence is bitter-sweet. Why couldn't he talk to me before? This could've all been avoided if he had told me his worries. If he saw how Dominic was with me...he would see what this man would do for me.

"Papa, I understand. You're afraid for me. You want me to be with someone who has a normal career, to have children and settle down with a normal life. But, the cards weren't dealt that way. I was thrown into a world I knew nothing about with a man who I didn't like at first. Yet, things change. The mafia world isn't something I choose to participate in, but I will do whatever I need to do for Dominic's sake. That's what marriage is all about. You don't need to love him or embrace Dominic like a son, but I want you to support me, talk to me, and stop trying to get me out of a situation that I am choosing to be in! I cannot have you disrespecting my future husband anymore." I state calmly.

Papa looked at me with sorrow. No words were spoken for a long moment, but I could tell my words resonated with him. There's a tough choice he needs to make. Either he supports me and stops this nonsense of getting me out of my marriage, or he lets me go. I never want to choose famiglia over my love, but if someone can't respect my choices, I can't have you too close to me anymore.

"I just want you safe, tereso."

"I am safe. I'm happy, and I'm in love. I want you to be a part of it. Please. If I ever change my mind or am in danger, I will tell you instantly. But I know Dominic would do whatever he can to make me happy and safe. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think that."

"I don't like that man."

"You don't need to like him. You need to support me and be respectful when he's around. We're a package deal now." I giggled.

Papa got up from his chair and walked over to stand in front of me. His arms opened slowly as a tear escaped his eyes. I jumped from my seat to find instant comfort in his arms. It's been so long since I felt his hug. I forgot how much his hugs would make me happy. Papa has always been my cuddly bear. 

I'm so happy to have him back in my life again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.1K 1.9K 41
UPDATE!! BOOK II: BOUND TO HIM IS NOW AVAILABLE!! NEW CHAPTER POSTED EVERY THURSDAY!!! *** It was supposed to be a simple trade off with her father b...
409K 9.8K 61
(My other books are better) 😭) Lelia Malik: a petite girl who was forced to go to Italy from her very very very strict Pathan parents. With her 'fri...
510K 18K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
439K 13.2K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...