A Day In September - BTS Zomb...

By wethenaive

It was finally time for the earth to rid itself of the most toxic parasites to ever plague its soil: humans. ... More

WARNING ⚠️
Intro - Kuru βš•
1. The Bright Bleak
2: Phoebe
3: Projection
4: Violet Bloom
5: Just Shy of Bratty
6: Rain
7: Stuck
8: Rotting Flesh
9: Gone
10: Raccoons
11: Until the Very End
12: Merry-Go-Round
13: Unpredictable
14: Admitting Failure
15: Playing it Cool
16: Delusional
17: Life Goes On
18: Dead to You
19: Muse
20. Lost
21: Crusade
22. Good Soup
23: Sixth Sense
24. The Woman, the Myth, the Legend
26: Ugly Duckling
27: Poison Ivy
28: Butthurt
29: The Locals
30: Board Games
31: Eat My Sh-
32: Get Ugly
33: No Other Way
34: Peace Offering
35: Calm After the Storm
36: Off the Leash
37: Fog
38: Not Worth It
39: Monks on a Mission
40: Lovesick Drunk
41: Ab Intra
42: Lost in the Game
43: Close at Heart
44: Men at Work
45: The Catalyst
46: The Big Parade and the Nuances of Adulthood
47: Not Your Typical House Maid
48: Pushed Aside
49: Burn Book
50: Let It Burn
51: Racing Hearts
52: Stained Reputation
53: The One You Need
54: Vanished
55: A Late Goodbye
56: Autumn Leaf
57: Last of Kin
58: Envy?
59: Polaroid
60 PT.1: Stranded
60 PT. 2: Lost at Sea
61: I Saw...Life

25: Judgement Day

226 21 24
By wethenaive

There was a tension Mara felt that could not be soothed, a guilt that made her sick to her stomach. The girl refused eye contact with Taehyung, hoping to not be confronted by him. She was avoiding confrontation only for now, but she knew she would have to come clean to Jimin eventually.

If he didn't know already.

Jimin appeared oblivious to her guilt despite her wariness; to that she was grateful. Jimin only wanted them to get along, so for now she would avoid the tough questions and tackle the matter at hand—her future. It was a daunting task to put her life in the hands of other people, but considering her unfortunate past she wondered what more could go wrong.

"Namjoon should be in his office," Jimin took Mara by the hand, about to guide her away. Mara noticed the way Taehyung's stare lingered on their intertwined hands. When he finally looked back up at Mara, his expression was blank and his eyes held no glint to them, nothing to characterize his unexpressive face.

"We'll see you later," Jimin muttered, eyes shifting from the two with uncertainty as he finally pulled Mara away and out of the infirmary. Mara was left in a daze as trepidation settled firmly at the pit of her stomach. Jimin noticed this, bringing her in under his arm and attempting  to comfort her with a smile. Mara tried her best to reciprocate, but when everything was going the opposite of what she expected, it was very hard to maintain a calm and hopeful attitude.

"You've got a lot to offer," Jimin suddenly spoke, sharing his determination in the way he lightly shook the girl. Jimin guided them towards the living room, however, as they approached the doorway he took a sharp turn, now taking them up the stairs towards the second floor. There was a cold draft that swooped in, goosebumps rising on Mara's clothed skin.

"Everyone...or at least most people have learned to manage in these times," Jimin whispered, glancing at her momentarily as he spoke, "You were the catalyst that helped me develop confidence, bravery. I was a nervous wreck and you steered me in another direction," he smiled as he reminisced, "It was such a small push, but it started a change. I think we need a few of those around here," Jimin concluded, standing before the very last door at the end of the hall.

Mara remembered the crippling anxiety that had wrecked Jimin's self-assuredness, and how he had begun to grow right before her eyes. Seeing Jimin again, she felt that change. Though it wasn't big, it was noticeable.

Jimin rapped his knuckles on the door, voice calling out to the person inside. He let go of her hand,

"Namjoon-ah, we're here."

The second floor filled with silence, and as Mara shifted she could hear only the creaking of the floorboards under her. Her head perked at the sound of muffled voices coming from outside. Beside her was a window, the full view of the backyard coming to view. Mara watched as Jungkook grinned widely, shoulders shaking as he laughed. A wide-eyed Jin whacked him with a cloth he held in his hand, repeatedly hitting the other as he scolded him. A smile had pulled at the corner of Mara's lips before she could realize it.

"Come in," a voice called from in inside. It was a deep voice, piercing Mara's chest and once again filling her with apprehension.

Upon entering, the girl was mesmerized. A long mahogany table sat at the center of the large room, shining in the sun. Several wooden chairs surrounded it, a few candles sitting at each end. Light cascaded into the room from the windows at the wall furthest away, the curious girl reaching out to pierce the rays of sun. Bookshelves held several books, all meticulously arranged and sitting beside several metal cases holding an arrangement of carbines, shotguns, pistols, rifles—she couldn't quite name all of them. The weapons were on display, kept from reach by a single lock at each metal cage. There were four, two at each side of the girl, a threatening glint to the sleek metal. A couple of decorative pieces and paintings furnished the walls, giving character to the very intimidating nature of the room. At the center of the table, spread out, was a large map. As they drew near and entered the room, Mara could make out the markings; it was a map of the city and the towns in the surrounding area. The paper was stunningly preserved, and there were no marks or scribbles on the paper, which confused the girl. The map she'd lost a while back was incomparable to theirs.

The girl then felt the hairs at the back of her neck rise at the unfamiliar voice, it's timbre rumbling through Mara's chest. Mara slowly raised her to look at the face of the man sitting at the end of the desk before them.

Meeting his gaze was like an abrupt cold front that swept through your body with brute force. You could feel the contempt from a mile away, in fact she felt his eyes on her even before acknowledging his presence. His gaze was sharp, a prickly feeling on Mara's skin as he stared right through her. He sat comfortably in his chair, expression marked with disinterest as she offered a slight bow. He looked away once Mara looked back up, instead shifting his attention to Jimin, who cleared his throat awkwardly. Expectantly, Namjoon slowly clicked the pen in his hand and sat quietly.

"Namjoon, this is Mara. Mara this is Namjoon, our leader," he emphasized, the last bit causing a smirk to pull at Namjoon's lips. Mara felt another wave of shivers rake up her body. His dragon eyes could burn holes through anything and everything.

It was odd for the girl to be introduced for the very first time to everyone. They all knew who she was—she'd been asleep in their home for a week before finally being let out of the infirmary and into the fresh outdoors. Of course, it was all for her well being, but the expectations instilled upon her were up in the air. It was a mystery what Jimin had boasted—if that were even the case—but she could only hope her self hadn't been embellished too much. There had to be room for error, for humanity.

"I'd like to speak to her alone, if you would be so kind," Namjoon spoke, causing Mara's heart to drop and her face to blanch.

Not happening.

"I don't know if that's a good-"

Before Jimin could finish, Namjoon raised his palm to the air, stopping him mid sentence and letting the room plummet back into silence for a moment. Jimin discretely sighed, glancing at an unsettled Mara.

"If you would be so kind as to give us some time to talk and negotiate," Namjoon smiled. Although Mara wanted to perceive his smile as friendly, it radiated as anything but. The word negotiate didn't sound too great either.

"I'm sure she is capable of speaking for herself," Namjoon nodded, tilting his head as his smile slowly fell.

Jimin hesitated, and he seemed to hold his breath momentarily before ultimately sighing and obliging. He offered a comforting squeeze to her shoulder before turning on his heels and striding out of the room. The door was shut behind him gently, the click alerting Mara that she was now alone in a room with a very intimidating man, a man whose glare was oppressive and filled with prudence.

"Mara, is it?" Namjoon spoke up. His intense gaze unfaltering.

"Y-Yes." Though she wanted to appear brave, she knew that he smelled the trepidation a mile away, and her slouched, timid posture wasn't helping either.

"You look young," he commented, brows raising.

"I-I am."

He nodded slowly, "I bet you've learned to deal with things on your own."

"I have," Mara answered shortly, finding it hard to speak without announcing that she was anxious.

Namjoon smirked, "So you would agree that you don't need us."

Mara shrugged, voice timid but not holding back as she said, "Well, you don't really need all these guns. But they help, don't they?" She attempted to sound as innocent as possible as she turned the tables. Namjoon narrowed his eyes at her before scoffing. He didn't seem to appreciate the comparison, but he gave it no further thought as he completely changed the topic.

"How old are you?" He asked, voice sounding innocently curious. Mara was bewildered at the control he had over his voice.

She blinked, she doesn't really know.

"Nineteen...I think," she said, ending her thoughts with a mutter that lacked confidence. This amused Namjoon, the clicking of his pen halting before he resumed again.

"Ahh. Have you met Jungkook? He's also 19," Namjoon commented, throwing Mara off with his chiming voice.

Mara nodded, "He's...nice."

Namjoon hummed, "He's an idiot. But sure, we'll go with nice," he smirked. She didn't quite know how to react to the insult, so she gave a stifled chuckled.

"Nineteen," he began again, "I'm surprised you're out there all alone. By now, you could've been with other people, in a group besides this one."

Mara awkwardly shrugged, "I guess I just got used to being alone."

He hummed, "I see. I would've also guessed you'd be with your parents, or something like that," he shrugged nonchalantly. Mara held her breath,

"Where are they? Your parents?"

There was silence from the other end, a silence where Mara's face grew sullen, and she pursed her lips when feeling them slightly twitch. Namjoon soon realized he had touched on a sensitive topic, tilting his head curiously.

"What a shame," he clicked his tongue.

"They're somewhere out there," Mara rushed out, causing the leader's smirk to widen and his eyes to sparkle devilishly.

"That's what they all say," he smugly replied.

Mara felt herself deflate.

Hold it in.

Bite your tongue for now.

Don't defend yourself, as much as you want to.

Namjoon seemed to grow slightly impatient at the silence from Mara that ensued. It wasn't that she didn't have anything to say, it was that she had nothing nice to say. She didn't think she would have to struggle against an impossibly hard-shelled autocrat just days after waking up from a coma. Not that she was anticipating the royalty treatment. All she had hoped for was the bare minimum—respect. Unfortunately, she had been warned of the opposite and damn it was Jin right.

He warned me so it's my fault for taking it personally.

"I'm going to be straightforward here. I don't take kindly to strangers trying to integrate into my group," Namjoon asserted, voice suddenly growing darker yet his posture as relaxed and slow moving as ever. He clicked the pen hard, letting the button retract loudly.

Mara's displeased frown deepened as the air grew thick with tension.

"What is it that you want from us? Though it's very sweet that you and Jimin want to be around one another, I'd rather offer our supplies in exchange for your willing withdrawal,  if you must," Namjoon waved his hand with disinterest but with eyes as piercing as ever.

"I don't want anything but safety. That's all I ask for," Mara softly spoke, not wanting to anger Namjoon but also speaking in her defense. Jimin wasn't here to do it, and she wouldn't allow a stranger to completely walk all over her.

Behave, Mara.

Namjoon slowly shook his head, "That's a lot to ask for, in my opinion."

"How?" Mara boldly asked.

"Well safety means we have to take care of you, and that means carrying around extra weight. The last thing I want is someone as weak as you, holding us down," Namjoon unapologetically spoke, adding, "Plus, there's enough of us in this house already. Adding another person would throw us off."

Mara was speechless, the weight of his words settling in slowly and causing her to shrink back in defeat.

Namjoon sighed, "I told Jimin I would hold a meeting to discuss what'll happen with you hereafter," he met Mara's gaze, "I'll honor his request."

"And then he told me not to get too comfortable," Mara explained to Jimin, regurgitating the words Namjoon had directed to her in a less than welcoming tone. The two sat in the infirmary on the second bed after the talk with Namjoon, both relishing in the view of the outside. Jimin sat back into his propped arms with a disheartened frown.

"I don't think he likes me," Mara chuckled, "He wasn't planning on hearing me out."

"Regardless of what he said, he still owes us that meeting," Jimin somberly spoke, "The only thing we're doing is giving them a heads up."

Jimin looked over to Mara with palpable determination, "You're staying here. And that's that."

Mara smiled, "You sound determined."

Jimin's concern for her future was heartwarming to the anxious girl. Though she bore dwindling hope, the day was not over yet, and there were many things to discuss.

"I tried talking to Hoseok and Yoongi, just to get them to hopefully speak in your favor" Jimin informed her, the slowly faltering expression speaking for itself. He shook his head at Mara and then sucked his teeth, a frustrated exhale making his nostrils flare.

"They'll have to hear me out regardless," Jimin snapped. He carded his fingers through his hair in frustration, jaw clenching and hands then closing into tight fists.

"If things don't work out in our favor-" Mara began.

"Which they will," Jimin dragged out. Expression changing from annoyed to dejected. Mara felt guilty of causing the ongoing and stressful fluctuation of emotions in Jimin, but it was essential to view such a difficult situation from a realistic standpoint. That, and thinking of backup plans in the event of things going awry. Jimin's resoluteness was admirable, but she couldn't always expect the ideal hospitality.

She somewhat understood Namjoon's preventative and skeptical front—of course she did. However, she guessed that Jimin's word would have been more than enough, that it would have been valued as greater than something to be taken with a grain of salt. Meanwhile, Mara's character was under harsh scrutiny and her real intentions were viewed as blurred lines. Both of them weren't in very ideal positions to make definitive moves.

"I need to prepare myself to go back out there, regardless of the outcome," Mara finished, ending on a whisper as the dread washed over her once more.

She looked at Jimin, "We can't pretend like this is going well."

"Though I'm maintaining my judgement firmly," Namjoon addressed the men before him, eyeing each and every one of them until he came upon Jimin, "I'll entertain this for a bit. I wanna hear what you have to say."

Seven men sat on the couch of a dimly lit living room, the curtains drawn to hide them from a dark night, one in which the crescent moon took the spotlight. Candles were lit on the coffee table, lighting up the somber faces of the crew that silently awaited for next voice to speak.

It was in fact Jimin who first spoke, his eyes scanning the six men before him with nervousness. Jin offered a nod of encouragement from beside Jimin before clasping his hands together and sitting upright on the sofas. Namjoon sat casually, as did Hoseok and Yoongi, who had joined the meeting only per Namjoon's request. Jungkook leaned on the edge of the sofa, studying the room and the tense atmosphere.

Taehyung sat at Jimin's right side, arms crossed and deadpan look on his face as he watched the candles flicker.

Jimin cleared his throat, "Her name is Mara. She's a nineteen year old girl who lost her parents three years ago after her camp was overrun. She's been alone for most of that time, in dark rooms and only kept safe by a rope and a machete. She's endured what many of us can hardly fathom, and I couldn't possibly live with myself if I allowed her to continue that cycle. So I'm asking for everyone's consent for her to stay here, with us, where we can keep her safe and help her become stronger than what she already is."

Jin smiled to himself as his head was bowed, his nervous fidgeting halting for a minute.

"I'll take that as your opening statement," Namjoon snorted, looking around at everyone else. Jin raised his head, smile gone and replaced with pursed lips.

"My first concern is the state she was in when we found her," Namjoon raised a brow, "She was in a coma, taking up space in the infirmary and using up resources. We offered her our space indefinitely. We didn't know when she'd wake up. And now you want her to stay and use up more than just our saline bags. And have you seen how thin she is? She's been slowly killing herself by not eating. I could blown on her and she would immediately collapse. Someone as weak as that won't last here."

"But she'll last out there?" Jimin argued.

"I know a lost cause when I see one. Better to give her up than to give up a lot of what we worked hard for," Namjoon brusquely muttered.

"So you're saying that abandoning her is the right thing to do?" Jimin scoffed, incredulous.

"We're detaching from her and the problems she brings with her," Namjoon nodded towards Hoseok, "Hoseok told me she was being followed by the cave dwellers. If we let her stay that means a possible altercation with them, and we can't afford rivalries."

"Those psychopaths will kill her the second she leaves," Jimin snapped.

"We are free of responsibility for whatever happens to her once she steps out of these walls," Namjoon stated, showing not a single ounce of sympathy for the girl that listened to the muffled conversation from the infirmary, ear pressed to the wood door with a dispirited look on her face. Her eyes glossed over scornfully.

"I've never heard you sound so heartless."

Namjoon slowly turned to Jin, eyes lazily blinking at his words. Jin appeared troubled, his eyes shifting as they gazed at the carpeted floor with a distant look. Namjoon seemed unaffected, and he instead leaned forward ever so slightly.

"That's what it takes sometimes. Survival isn't easy, but just because one person is struggling, that doesn't mean we have to take them in," Namjoon sighed, "That's just the way life is."

"I think you're capable of making one exception," Jin argued, "It's really hard out there-"

"It's hard out there for everyone. But you don't see us letting everyone in. If I give one exception, I have to give everyone an exception and that's unrealistic, unreasonable and quite frankly ludicrous," Namjoon scolded, clenching his jaw with radiating anger at the two that vouched so devotedly for one person—a girl named Mara.

Jin pursed his lips but he didn't bite his tongue.

"I'm not saying that she's had it harder than anyone else. I'm speaking in terms of experience. She can handle herself pretty well considering how long she's been out there by herself. We wouldn't be carrying extra weight," Jin stated.

"If she's so capable, then what was she running away from? Why has she been in our infirmary for the passed two weeks without doing anything to show us she's worth taking up our space?" Namjoon sternly retorted, raising a brow as he then glanced from Jin to Jimin.

"Don't act like you've never run from anything before," Jin chuckled humorlessly, crossing his arms, "And I wouldn't let a child die in front of my eyes no matter who you were to me, Namjoon. No matter how much I respected your authority."

"She's not a child, she's a grown woman," Hoseok scoffed, also crossing his arms and leaning back with a curl to his upper lip. He bore clear disdain, a mirror of Namjoon's expression.

"Another reason why we can't let her go back out there. She was clearly running from dangerous people. You know exactly what sick people do to women," Jin strained, exasperation clear in his voice.

"She just can't be out there on her own anymore," Jimin shook his head slowly, "I don't think she'd be alive if we hadn't helped her out."

"How much longer is she going to be weak and vulnerable? We can't be housing someone, who doesn't seem to be getting better, for who knows how long," Namjoon argued, frowning at Jimin.

"You haven't even bothered to check on her. Nobody has. How do you expect to see progress when you don't check up on her," Jin argued, now wildly gesticulating his frustration. Jimin placed a comforting hand on Jin's bouncing leg, the latter sighing and sitting back into the sofa, crossing his arms again and looking away from a stern Namjoon.

"I know her better than any of you do. I'm not saying completely but I've been with her the longest. When you guys left me behind, no one else cared for me but her. She was so determined to help me move on and make me feel physically better despite the odds. She put me first, all the time, for some reason," Jimin reminisced, eyes glazed over with fondness at the memories. The smile on his face faded as he looked back up at Namjoon, "That's why I can't just throw her back out there. I want to do for her what she did for me-"

"You feel an obligation towards her," Hoseok piped in again, causing Jimin to roll his eyes under closed lids.

"If she did it out of the kindness of her heart, why does she expect you to do the same? Why do you feel like you owe her?" Hoseok asked, and Jimin could tell he bore nothing but skepticism. It wasn't a curious question, it was a question meant to ridicule.

"I don't think she expected for us to be separated, or for her to be in such danger," Jimin spoke, "She didn't ask for us to take care of her these passed weeks. It is because of the kindness in her heart that I want her to stay. It is because I've seen what she'd capable of when it comes to survival that I want her to stay."

"She's got a noble heart," Jin softly spoke, a pleading look in his eyes as they shifted to meet everyone's gaze.

Namjoon turned sharply to Jimin, "You vouch for her? Completely?"

Jimin smiled to himself before facing the elder once more, "Without a doubt in my mind."

"How long have you known her?" Namjoon interrogated, and Jimin's heart sank as fast as his smile fell from his face.

"Um...About-"

"Two months."

Jimin blinked in bewilderment when Taehyung answered for him. Jin seemed to also be surprised at the sudden interruption. Taehyung hadn't spoken the entirety of the conversation, yet at the question asked by the leader, he was quick to interject. He turned to Jimin and shrugged, a frown on his face as he muttered,

"Be truthful."

"What makes you think I wouldn't be?" Jimin scoffed.

"Obviously we've got some type of favoritism going on here," Namjoon muttered, clearly uninterested.

Taehyung clenched his jaw, "....Obviously," he echoed.

"There's a reason why," Jimin spoke, incredulity in every word and expression. If Jimin could gauge  how things were going, he would say odds weren't in Mara's favor, and the scornful gaze from Hoseok, who attempted to be inconspicuous when against Mara staying, was a very big hint.

"So we're risking ourselves on the basis of first impressions, basically," Namjoon spoke, passive-aggressively smiling at a peeved Jimin.

"Spending time with someone 24/7 makes it very easy to read them. If you could just give her a chance. Maybe get to know her...?" Jimin suggested sarcastically. Namjoon smiled, and although it appeared like a friendly gesture, it was quite the opposite. He seemed to be a no nonsense type of person, and the grounds he stood on were not very easy to shake.

"You're easy to make friends with, Jimin," Namjoon quipped.

"Bratty," he shrugged, "But easy to befriend. Easy to mislead."

"You said I'm easy to mislead? What is that supposed to mean?" Jimin asked, head ticked to the side bitterly. The tensions were rising, and no part of this argument was leading to a good conclusion; if anything, it was making things worse. Everyone else grew quiet, and nobody seemed thrilled at either side—whether on Mara's or against her. Nobody except Jungkook was amused. Jin glanced at him, noticing the light shake of his head as he listened to everyone.

"You all are easy to mislead."

Everyone turned to Jungkook, who's smirk only grew.

"But not by others," he glanced at Namjoon, "You all scare yourself into making misguided, baseless opinions about people you don't even know," Jungkook snorted, "She could be a thief, or a murderer," he shrugged, now smirking at Jimin, "But only Jimin knows what she's like. You're supposed to trust him. It says a lot about what his word means to you when you dont."

He didn't take his eyes off of Jimin, eyes narrowing but no signs of skepticism in sight. His words were quick-witted and it was easy to tell who he was talking about. He clearly disagreed with Namjoon's stance, taking sympathy towards someone who, indeed, they were all supposed to trust—Jimin.

"You're the last person I want to hear speak," Namjoon grumbled, rolling his eyes. Jungkook mirrored this expression and remained silent. The two seemed to have the same demeanor, but with the exact opposite moral stance. A clash was imminent.

"All opinions are welcome. Everyone has a say," Jin sternly spoke, causing Namjoon to clench his jaw.

"Not everyone has valuable opinions," Hoseok muttered.

"Fuck you, you fucking teacher's pet," Jungkook scoffed, turning to glare at Hoseok, who shook his head in disapproval, as if chiding a child. Jimin was starting to lose hope. He shared a look with Jin, both of them growing nervous at the possible outcome.

Mara's breath shook as she listened painfully from the infirmary. Her heart was flattered at every defense against Namjoon from Jin and Jimin, however the harsh criticism was driving her hopes down further and further. The animosity radiating from everyone towards at least one other person was astounding. A group was supposed to be in tandem, often bearing different opinions but attempting to understand every perspective to come to an agreement. There was no sense of togetherness or understanding here, and even the leader seemed to have veered in his own direction, bringing with him those who agreed with everything he said and ostracizing those who didn't.

Hearing them make a verdict based on her actions and inactions gave her 'Judgement Day' vibes, and not the good kind.

Jimin pursed his lips, taking in a breath before speaking, "Anybody else have to say something?"

"Why are we arguing? Jin, you've talked to her for a couple days and all of a sudden you think you know her?"

Everyone's eyes immediately landed on the quietest of them all—Yoongi. He sat back nonchalantly as he picked at his nails, disinterested in the conversation. He made no eye contact with anyone, yet spoke and was immediately regarded. Everyone seemed surprised to hear him speak, but not everyone was pleased at what he had to say.

"I feel for her," Jin softly spoke, "My instinct tells me only good things-"

"Right. But we could be jeopardizing our security and our stability all because of your instinct-" Namjoon snapped.

"One person is gonna do all that? Against seven?" Jin scoffed, incredulous at what Namjoon was insinuating. Jimin shook his head, letting it fall onto his hand. Namjoon seemed to be trying to influence everyone's thoughts, as if hoping everyone would take his perspective as the only valid perspective.

"Why don't we just vote?" Jin proposed, a challenging stare held between him and Namjoon, "Since you think you're right, then everyone else should vote in your favor, right?"

Namjoon smirked, sitting back onto the sofa and shrugging, "Oh so now we want a democracy?" He mocked.

"I wont just mindlessly agree with everything you say and do," Jin stated, the smile wiped clean from Namjoon's face as the leader now scowled.

" 'Mindlessly agree'? Who's mindlessly agreeing to anything? Have I not made the right call several times, if not all the time? When have I failed you as a leader?" Namjoon asked, fiery gaze on Jin, who simply frowned.

"Never as a leader, but as a brother," Jin somberly responded, no longer holding anger but rather a glinting disappointment in his glass eyes. Namjoon seemed to be taken aback, his scowl fading and replaced with a troubled frown. He took in a breath as he stood from the sofa, jaw clenched and shoulders tense. The room grew silent with Jin's gaze fixated on Namjoon, the latter refusing eye contact as everyone shifted in their seats, all now tense. He balled his hands into fists, proceeding to speak down to Jimin.

"I'm sorry, but I can't make this mistake again, regardless of your judgement."

Jimin's shoulders sagged and the frustration turned into a disheartened deadpan. Jimin now stared into the distance, unblinking.

"She's free to recover here for the next week," Namjoon muttered, "But after that, I need her out of here. We are good at seven, and we're already crowded in here. I don't need her to take up more space. Got it?" Namjoon sternly stated, their acquiescing silence answering for them.

Mara held her breath, the silence ensuing causing upheaval in her mind. Why wasn't Jimin saying anything? Why were they accepting that as her fate? Why weren't they doing more?

Namjoon nodded at both Jin and Jimin, "Hold yourself accountable for her in the meanwhile. I don't want her walking around unaccompanied."

Jin dejectedly stared at Namjoon, "Okay."

Namjoon stormed off, reaching the foyer before calling out, "Yoongi and Hoseok on night watch tonight."

Yoongi sighed heavily, which lead to him being socked by Hoseok, "Don't complain, he barely has you doing anything." Yoongi turned and directed a glare at Hoseok before standing up from the couch and heading upstairs. Hoseok followed shortly after offering those still sitting at the couch a disinterested glance. Jin and Jimin simultaneously let out a long breath.

Taehyung stood from the couch, emotionless as ever. With his back to Jimin he muttered, "Maybe it's for the best," and walked off into the hallway out of sight, leaving behind a dumbfounded duo. Jin and Jimin shared a guilty look, both seemingly arguing back and forth with their eyes.

Mara laid on the infirmary bed, holding tightly onto a pillow as she replayed the words they'd spoken over and over in her head. The girl's breath shook in grief as she whispered,

"I'm going to die."

——

Ahh yes I can taste the mutiny.

It has the sweetest taste.

Guys stop being nice to people who don't deserve it. Stop taking shit from people who don't deserve your patience. Be a bad bitch. Bad bitches come in all shapes and sizes.

Say it with me, "I can and I will be a bad bitch!"

—Wethenaive

P.S.- 2k reads yawl, am I dreaming?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.4K 46
"Park Jimin you better start fucking running!!" - Meeting your idol in a zombie apocalypse wasn't exactly how you wanted it to happen, but hey! It ca...
6.8K 685 43
{taekook zombie apocalypse ff} it was now their world... a new world that they now controlled. those flesh eating creatures, with their black decayin...
35K 2K 40
Ever since the outbreak, Park Jimin was alone. He met groups, but they all ended in flames. He never felt more alone in his life... until he meets so...
151 0 13
"Just come back to me, okay? I need you to come back." He murmured, locking our eyes in an intense stare. Like he was making the most of it before s...