THORNS | 1

By goldenroses15

Still shocked in her mothers sudden marriage, Elliana is finding it hard adjusting to her new life and family... More

CHARACTERS
PLAYLIST
1. THE MEETING
2. 2ND IMPRESSIONS
3. KARMA
5. REUNION
6. FIRST DAY
7. MARIA CORTEZ
8. THE OFF LIMITS RULE
9. SHE'S YOUR WHAT?
10. WHERE IS HE
11. BOWLING
12. THE SLEEPOVER
13. GLANCES
14. FEELINGS
15. DONT PUSH ME AWAY
16. ALMOST KISSES
17. CONFESSION
18. THANKSGIVING
19. HEY ELLE
20. TALK TO ME
21. KIDNAPPED
22. COMING HOME
23. SO IN LOVE WITH HER
EPILOGUE
SEQUEL

4. KALEB

1.8K 41 3
By goldenroses15

THIS IS IT. A new chapter in my story. A new page in my life. Saying goodbye to the house I had lived in since I was a small baby was harder than I thought. So many memories.

"Hey you all finished in here?" My mom asked me from my doorway. "Yeah, just taking one last look" I huffed. My mom walked in and gave me a hug and then left to help Finn. Grabbing my last box I jogged down the hallway where my brother was hauling his dinosaur collection in a bag towards the front door.

"Here I'll help. But can you grab Bear and his lead for me" I asked him, bending down to pick up his bag. "Ok Ellie. Come on Bear!" He yelled, making Bear run through the house to him. We walked out the front door for the last time and put the last of the stuff in the back of the car. A few minutes later we arrived at the 'Cortez Castle' as Finn likes to call it.

Awaiting us at the door was none other than Kaleb, who was with no one else. Being the gentleman that he is, note the sarcasm, opened my door with a comment towards my outfit. I thought my grey sweats and ACDC shirt would be appropriate for moving. Giving him a slap on the back of the head, I grabbed my stuff from the car boot and made my way inside with Bear following on my heels. As I was walking down the halls to my new room I heard a shriek.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" Kian squealed from his door, pointing at Bear. Bear's head jerked to the sight of a new person and ran up to Kian to sniff his feet, making him scream murder.

"Bear is a he and is most commonly known as a dog" I explained. The Australian Shepherd puppy sat down in front of and wagged his tail waiting for a pet from Kian. He hesitantly bent down to pat Bear and he happily obliged with a tail wag. "If you don't mind I'm going to unpack in my room and give him some water" I huffed, turning around and opening my door. Bear ran inside and tried jumping on bed but severely misjudged the height of the bed and how he could jump. Causing him to jump into the side of the bed and falling back down, shrugging it off with a shake. I giggled at the scene as he walked back over to me.

"Welcome home, Bear" I scratched behind his ear.

————————————

I've had all day to unpack my stuff into my new room when I heard a ruckus downstairs. Leaving my room to see what was happening, I saw Kaleb also stick his head out of his room to see what the noise was about. Once I got downstairs I saw what seemed like Kane wrestling another boy while Kian cheered them on. Clearing my throat so they'd know I was in the room, I tapped my foot until they stood up.

"Oh sorry about that Elliana. We were just mucking around" apologised Kane. The other boy also nodded his head in agreement.

"Care to introduce me to this stranger in the living room?" I pressed. It seemed like hours before it finally clicked in the twins head that I asked a question.

"Oh yeah. Elliana meet our best friend Parker Stone, and Parker this is Elliana, our new sister" Kian exaggerates.

"Nice to meet you" he smiled with his dimpled cheeks. I smiled politely before turning to Kaleb who stood beside the Twins since coming down.

"Do you know where our parents are?" I questioned him, feeling hungry and too shy to ask them directly for dinner. I planned to peg my mother for dinner instead.

"They mentioned going out again tonight. They left money for pizza on the bench. Still in their honeymoon phase since they technically didn't get one" he chuckled but I couldn't help but wince at his words about their relationship. I was still hesitant to be around them both when they were all affectionate and loving. I hadn't really warmed up to everyone yet and to see my mother and Kylan kissing just reminded me of how her and my father were.

I still hate my father and I think I forever will for putting my mother through all the pain she endured. I'm so incredibly happy for her now but there's still that taunting reminder of what used to be that tugs on my heart. Snapping back into reality, I realised I must've spaced off for a while as Kaleb was giving me a concerned look.

"Thanks" I replied and walked back upstairs to check on Finn before going to my room, my once starving appetite was now gone in a flash.

My heart ached watching her go up the stairs, no doubt to check on her younger brother. I just wish we got to see an ounce on emotion from her. Since the very first day, my brothers and I noticed she was a very closed off, mistrusting person. We understood why she was the way she was but we had always wanted to have a younger sister since it was just boys in our family and once Elliana was introduced we were all so ecstatic. But much to our disappointment, she didn't speak unless spoken to and kept all emotions underneath a sorrow mask.

I remember the day that we first met the Pierce siblings. Our father had brought us into the open living room a couple hours before we were expecting them. He told us to behave ourselves, of course. He also mentioned that the toughest one to crack would be Elliana. Finn was a curious six-year-old who would be charmed within three seconds of walking into the house. It was Elliana we needed to win over.

'Be kind and polite' he said. 'But not nosy or pushy' he added. It was amusing really. He wanted us to win over Elliana in order for him to be able to fully be with her mum. Of course he already fully devoted to Cadi, there was no doubt about it. He was on the path to unlock her heart and love her forever. But one tiny little bump still stopped him from getting there. That was Elliana. I admired her for wanting to protect her mother from heartbreak.

My heart sunk when he told us what had happened to the Pierce girl's father. He had left them. All of them. He had left his loyal wife, his young son and caring daughter. All for what? 'They don't know' he said. From what he gathered from Cadi, Elliana and her father were the most mischievous of a pair and were always together. So when he left them with no explanation or goodbye, while Cadi felt heartbreak, Elliana was betrayed, stung. I don't remember much from when my mother passed. I was still pretty young. But I do remember vividly the day my father announced he was going out with someone. I remember he addressed it over breakfast quite bluntly causing Kameron to choke on his cereal. The Twins were firing questions after questions. Quite the scene.

But I was happy for him none the less. I knew he loved my mother. He always would. But she wouldn't want him to moan and groan around for the rest of his life. I'm sure Elliana had a different approach to hearing our parents were dating through. As she told us the night they got engaged, she didn't even get time to process it before getting thrown into the car to meet us.

I know she doesn't think anyone notices when she winces at the comment of our parents or moves to a room without them both in it. I'm sure none of my brothers and our parents notice but I do. That's always been my gift. I've always sorta been the quiet one in our family so I just see the little things people do. Like for example, Kameron plays with his hands when he gets anxious. My father fiddles with his old wedding band when he thinks of our mother.

And Elliana. I notice a lot about her. She plays with her hair when she's uncomfortable and feels like hiding. She bites her lip when she wants to say something but is hesitant to speak up. She also like I said winces at the comment of the newlyweds.

She thinks she has no one to talk to. But we are all here for her. I understand she's hesitant to trust us after her father left but sometimes I'd wish she'd just talk to us. I know she's gone through so much pain and I don't want her to have to keep it all bottled up inside her. She's such a sweet, caring girl and she doesn't see that. She not only protects her mother at all costs but she's the greatest big sister to Finn. She's so patient and calm around him. I think I've only seen her open up around three certain people. Her mother. Finn. And Nick.

Kameron's best friend. He's 17 just like Kian and Kane but he skipped 3rd grade. I don't know what it is about Nick but Elliana instantly relaxes around him. But ever since the wedding, he hasn't been seen back in the house. I'm assuming Kameron threatened him to stay away, even if that meant his own best friend not visiting him. On the contrary, that gives me an idea. I think it's time Nick payed us a well awaited visit. Just not to Kameron.

I love Kaleb POV's ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495K 11.3K 51
Fifteen year old Isabella Delgado is living her best life (kinda) - until she's pulled into a police station shipped off to America to live with the...
139K 4.2K 53
The Delgado siblings have had their lives turned around; with the inevitable appearance of a familiar face finally upon them and a whole new risk of...
1.5M 39K 60
[[COMPLETED]] [[UNEDITED]] Samantha Lydia Stones is a 15 year old girl with not just one but four overprotective brothers. Add two of her adopted bro...
206K 3.6K 81
Alicia has been abused by her mom and step-dad for the past 2 and a half years, plus she has also been bullied for the past 2 and a half years. What...