Hope Andrea Argent

By werewolf7745

In order to keep Hope Mikaelson safe from their enemies her parents faked her death and gave her up for adopt... More

Season 1
Second Chance At First Line (Part 1)
Second Chance At First Line (Part 2)
Second Chance At First Line (Part 3)
Pack Mentality (Part 1)
Pack Mentality (Part 2)
Magic Bullet (Part 1)
Magic Bullet (Part 2)
Magic Bullet (Part 3)
The Tell
Heart Monitor (Part 1)
Heart Monitor (Part 2)
Night School (Part 1)
Night School (Part 2)
Lunatic (Part 1)
Lunatic (Part 2)
Wolf's Bane (Part 1)
Wolf's Bane (Part 2)
Wolf's Bane (Part 3)
Co-Captain (Part 1)
Co-Captain (Part 2)
Formality (Part 1)
Formality (Part 2)
Code Breaker (Part 1)
Code Breaker (Part 2)
Season 2
Omega (Part 1)
Omega (Part 2)
Shape Shifted (Part 1)
Shape Shifted (Part 2)
Ice Pick (Part 1)
Ice Pick (Part 2)
Abomination (Part 1)
Abomination (Part 2)
Venomous (Part 1)
Venomous (Part 2)
Frenemy (Part 1)
Frenemy (Part 2)
Restraint (Part 1)
Restraint (Part 2)
Raving (Part 1)
Raving (Part 2)
Party Guessed (Part 1)
Party Guessed (Part 2)
Fury (Part 1)
Fury (Part 2)
Battlefield (Part 1)
Battlefield (Part 2)
Master Plan (Part 1)
Master Plan (Part 2)
Season 3A
Tattoo (Part 1)
Tattoo (Part 2)
Chaos Rising (Part 1)
Fireflies (Part 1)
Fireflies (Part 2)
Unleashed (Part 1)
Unleashed (Part 2)
Frayed (Part 1)
Frayed (Part 2)

Chaos Rising (Part 2)

1.5K 77 17
By werewolf7745

Isaac bursts up from the icy water, gasping through his fangs as his body convulses from the cold.

"Get him back under!" Deaton told the three werewolves holding him down.

Stiles, Derek, and Scott push Isaac beneath the swirling ice, trying to keep his body submerged. Isaac's body shudders, jerking upward.

"Hold him!"

"We're trying!" Derek snaps.

Isaac's eyes snap open, glowing yellow. Strangled gasps come from his throat. But then, finally, his body relaxes. Breath slowing, he slips back amid the ice and closes his eyes.

Deaton whispers to the others,"Now remember, only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out."

Isaac stirs, eyes moving under the lids as if dreaming.

"Isaac. Can you hear me?" Deaton asks softly.

"Yes," The Beta replies,"I can hear you."

"This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that all right?"

"Yes."

"I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd," Deaton says in the same calm soothing voice,"I want you to remember it for me in as vivid detail as possible. Like you were actually there again."

"I--I don't wanna do that. I don't... wanna do that. I don't wanna do that," Isaac says, his body starting to tense up, and the other werewolves start pushing him back down as he starts to struggle.

"It's all right, Isaac. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory," Deaton says, not changing his tone.

Easing back down, he seems to relax again.

"So let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is it some kind of building? A house?"

"Not a house. The walls are stone. Like marble."

"That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptors?"

"It's dusty. Empty."

"Like an abadoned building? Isaac?"

"Somone's here," Isaac says like he's out of breath.

His hand wraps around Scott's wrist, grabbing him with a sudden and painful intensity.

"Isaac, relax," Deaton says slowly.

"They're here! They're coming!" He half shouted.

"They can't hurt you," Deaton reminds him with a disturbing amount of calmness,"It's just a memory. Your memories can't hurt you."

Breathing hard, Isaac's grip begins to loosen.

"They can't hurt you. Just relax."

Finally, he releases his grip on Scott who pulls back in relief.

"Good. Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything..."

Flashback

Moving quickly and trying to stay hidden in the shadows, Isaac glances back as he hurries deeper into the building.

But he stops at a turn. His hearing focuses on a voice, low and distinct.

"But I can't control it. Neither of us are going to be able to..."

Inching around the corner, Isaac tries to spot Boyd in the darkness. All he sees, however, are vague shapes.

End Flashback

Eyes open, Isaac stares up at the ceiling, transfixed by the memory,"I hear him. He's talking about the full moon. About being out of control when the moon rises."

"Is he talking to Erica?" Deaton asks.

"I think so, I can't... I can't see her, I ca... I can't... I can't see either of them," Isaac replies, teeth chattering from the cold.

"Can you hear anything else?"

"They're worried about what they'll do. During the moon. Worried they'll hurt each other."

Derek and Scott share a look,"If they're locked in together on the full moon they're going to tear each other apart," He whispers to the Beta.

"Isaac, we need to know where they are. Can you see them?" Deaton says in a more urgent tone.

"No."

"Do you know what kind of room it is? Is there any kind of marker? A number on a door? A sign?"

Isaac draws in a sudden, terrified breath,"They're here."

Holding still in the water, his eyes dart from side-to-side, seeing someone or something in his memory.

"It's all right. Just tell us--"

"No, they see me. They see me!"

"This isn't working," Derek says, leaning over the tub and shouting,"Isaac, where are you?!"

"You're going to confuse him," Deaton warns.

"They're coming--they found me!"

"Just tell us where you are!" Derek shouts.

"I don't know--it's too dark!"

He struggles, water splashing up as panic grabs hold of him.

"WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Isaac remembers, stumbling forward, trying to run. But Ennis grabs at him, pulling him back, dragging him down. A clawed foot lands on his chest, Kali grinning down at him with fangs bared.

Ice spills across the floor around Derek who struggles to hold Isaac still.

"His heart rate--He could go into shock," Deaton warns.

"Derek, let him go!" Scott says.

But Derek shouts again, voice thundering at Isaac,"Where are you? What did you see?"

"A vault--it's a vault--a bank vault!" Isaac suddenly screams.

Isaac remembers, Ennis's arms wrapped around him, he twists his head around to see an amused Deucalion standing just outside the open door of a bank vault. Head cocked as he listens to Isaac's helpless struggle.

Water splashing, Isaac jerks up from the tub. Alert and excited, he's completely out of the trance,"I know where they are. I saw it. I saw the name."

While Derek and Scott help him out, Deaton throws a towel around his shoulders.

"Beacon Hills First National. It's an abandoned bank. They've been keeping them in a vault. Locked inside..." Breathless, he looks at their subdued reactions,"What? What's wrong?"

"You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it?" Stiles asks.

Confused, Isaac shook his head.

"You said when they caught you, they dragged you into a room. And there was a body in it."

"What body?" The Beta asks fearfully.

"Erica. You said it was Erica."

Time Skip

A hand reaches up to grasp the chains wrapped around the bank's entrance doors. Allison gives a yank, but it's locked tight. She examines the padlock. Then lets it drop.

Slowly retreating back from the ominous building, Allison's gaze falls on the image that brought her here. The bank's logo, a decal on the glass doors.

Exactly the same as the pattern left on her and Lydia's arm.

When she finally turns to hurry to her car, something else appears just behind the logo. A pair of glowing red eyes watching her car roar off into the night.

Change Of View

Shaking and weak, Isaac pulls the towel tightly around him while the others debate the new information.

"She's not dead," Derek says immediately.

"He said 'There's a dead body. It's Erica.' Doesn't exactly leave much room for interpretation.," Stiles replies.

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else, obviously," Stiles says.

Scott looks at Isaac,"Maybe it was the Girl on the motorcycle? The one who saved you?"

Isaac shakes his head,"She wasn't like us. And whoever was in the vault with Boyd was."

"What if that's how Erica died?" Stiles asked,"They pit them against each other during the full moon and see who survives. It's like Werewolf Thunderdome."

"Then we get them out tonight," Derek states.

"Be smart about this, Derek," Deaton says,"You can't just go storming in."

"If Isaac got inside, so can we."

"But he didn't get through the vault door, did he?"

"We need a plan," Scott says.

"Uh, I think someone already did," Stiles says, reading something on his phone,"Beacon Hills First National closes doors three months after vault robbery. Doesn't say how it was robbed, but probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?" Derek asks.

"It's the internet, Derek. Okay? Mintues."

Time Skip

Stiles lies passed out, face pressed to the carpet of his room amid dozens of sheets of paper, articles and photos about the bank robbery.

Slumped in a chair nearby, Scott sleeps despite the noise of Stiles's printer spitting more pages to the floor.

Stilinski knocks on the door,"Boys, wake up. You have school. Boys, get up. BOYS!"

Stiles jerks awake, taking off a piece of paper stuck to his face, and Scott nearly falls out of the chair.

"I gotta get to work," Noah tells them,"You two get to school."

"Dad!" Stiles calls out, making the Sheriff stop,"Heather?"

Noah shakes his head regretfully,"No. Nothing yet."

As he steps away from the door, Stiles grabs a handful of papers and throws them toward the trash,"Ten hours and nothing."

"We're going to find something," Scott tells him.

"Finding something doesn't make Erica any less dead. Or Boyd any less about to be dead," Stiles reminds him.

"We've still got time."

"Is this whole remain optimistic in the face of total and utter disaster thing part of the be a better Scott McCall program?"

"Not if it doesn't work."

"No, it works," Stiles says, grabbing the printouts to clean up, then he pauses. Then jumps to his feet,"Dad. Dad? DAD!"

He shoves a printout into Scott's hand as he darts out of the room to catch his father. It's an old photo of the bank robbers caught by Sheriff's Deputies.

One of Deputies pictured is Stilinski.

Change Of View

Doors clicking open on her car, Allison gets out for the school day, followed by Lydia and Hope.

"So Mystery Girl leaves a bruise on our arms that turns out to be the logo for a bank. What's she trying to do? Give us investment advice?"

"Yes, Lydia, that's exactly what she was trying to do," Hope says, her eyes searching for Stiles.

"Not at this bank," Allison says,"It's been closed for years."

"So why aren't you telling Scott?" The strawberry blonde asked.

"Because according to someone I need to find something real," Allison replies, opening her trunk, grabbing her school bag from it,"Which reminds me. I can't drive you home today. Hope and I've got an errand to run after school."

Right, breaking into a bank and she's the back up, Hope remembers.

Eyeing Hope's grimoire in the trunk, Allison slams the trunk closed.

Just a few spaces down from them, the doors of Stiles's Jeep swing open. Scott steps out reading a text on his phone,"We meet at Derek's at five to go over the plan. Then we start as soon as it gets dark."

"Alright, what about me? You know what this day means for me, right?" Stiles asks, his heart pounding, even though it's been months of being a werewolf, the transformations still make him anxious.

"Derek's already got something set up," Scott says,"And he's pretty confident that you're not gonna break out."

Stiles nods,"And what do we do until then?"

"Right now? We've got english," Scott reminds him.

They head into the school, double doors clanging shut behind them.

Time Skip

The glass doors of the bank, Hope raises a hand, muttering the incantation and the chains unlocked clattering to the ground.

"You know, I really think you have an unfair advantage when it comes to other hunters," Hope tells Allison.

"Oh, really. And what's that?" Allison asks.

"Having an amazing witch cousin," Hope replies with a small smile.

With a flick of her wrist, the doors open for both of the Argents.

Change Of View

Scott, Derek and Peter crowd around a work table where Stiles unrolls a blue print of the bank. Stiles has chains locked around his wrists and ankles and the only thing he wore was a pair of shorts.

Each of the chains were attached to a pillar in the four corners of the room, all they need to do is be tightened, pulling Stiles into the center of the loft when he starts to turn, then locked into place.

Stiles speaks fast, an eye always glancing at the setting sun, his hands were jittery, nervous.

"Okay, see this? This is how they got in. A rooftop air conditioning vent. It leads down inside the wall of the vault which is here..." He circles the vault with a red marker,"One of the robbers was lowered down into this shaft. The space is so small, with so little room to move, it took him twelve hours to drill through the stone wall into the vault. Then, over the entire night, they siphoned all of the cash up through that one little shaft in the wall to the guys on the roof."

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asks.

"Barely. And they patched the wall. So I'm thinking the kind of drill we need is a diamond bit--"

"Forget the drill," Derek interrupts,"If I go in first how much space would I have?"

"What do you think you're going to do? Punch through the wall?" Stiles asks incredulously.

"Yes, Stiles, I'm going to punch through the wall," Derek replies, completely serious.

"Okay, okay, big guy," Stiles says,"Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared," Rolling his eyes, Derek did so,"Big, bad wolf. Yeah, look at that. Okay, see this?" He asks, positioning his hand so there is only a few inches of space between the fist and his hand,"That's maybe three inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid concrete--"

Derek slams his fist against Stiles's palm, and there's a sickening crack as every bone in his hand snaps making Stiles cry out in pain.

"Seriously?" Scott says, starting toward Stiles,"Did you have to break his--"

Derek sticks out an arm, blocking Scott from getting any closer to Stiles,"That wasn't me."

Stiles's eyes whip up, showing the dark yellow glow, he cries out in pain again as the breaking travels up his arm, then to his other hand.

Derek shoves Scott toward one of the pillar's with a chain attached to it,"Pull it as hard as you can and lock it into place!" He orders.

Scott runs to ther pillar, pulling on the chain attached to Stiles's arm, and he growls, pulling back.

Derek grabs the two chains attached to Stiles's ankles, and Peter gets the final one to Stiles's other arm.

All three of them pull with all their strength, their eyes glowing from the exertion, red, yellow, and blue. Alpha, Beta, and Omega barely able to compete with the strength of the Cursed Wolf.

Locking them into place, leaves Stiles to restrained to move more then three feet.

Back arching, Stiles roars in pain, showing fangs.

Grabbing Scott and Peter, Derek pulls them out of the loft, and Stiles tries to go after them, snarling.

Pulling the metal door closed, Derek locks it, and he looks at Scott and Peter, all three of them breathing heavily,"This doesn't change anything. I'll get through the wall, whose following me down?"

Peter shakes his head, looking more tired then the rest of them,"Sorry, but not me. You know I'm not up to fighting speed yet. And, honestly, with Isaac and Stiles out of commission, you're not looking at good odds for yourself."

"I'm supposed to just let them die?" Derek asks.

"One of them is already dead."

"We don't know that," Derek growls.

"Do I have to remind you what you're up against? A pack of Alphas. All of them killers," Peter reminds him,"And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha, not to mention they're going to try and release that..." Peter says, gesturing to the door where more heartstopping breaking continued,"I'm sure Boyd and Erica were sweet kids. They'll be missed."

"Wait, what?" Scott asks, looking at Derek,"They're gonna try and take Stiles?"

Derek didn't meet Scott's eyes,"This is the safest place for him to be right now. They don't want to be near him right now."

"And you thought it wouldn't be a good idea to tell us?" Scott demanded.

"What would you have done? Let him run wild in the preserve? Make sure he stays clear of any people out there? I need your help with this, Scott. You've gotta see this is the best way for everyone."

"Derek, seriously," Peter says,"It's not worth the risk."

Scott glances up at Peter's last words. But then he notices Derek's eyes are now on him, waiting.

"I don't know about Erica," Scott finally says,"But if Boyd's still alive, we have to do something. We have to try."

"But?" Derek inquires.

"Who's the other girl? Locked in with Boyd?"

Change Of View

In the shadowy, barely lit vault, Boyd paces, unable to stand still as time ticks away. Past him, sits an unfamiliar face. A young woman with her knees pulled close to her chest.

The other girl.

Change Of View

Carefully moving around a corner, Allison and Hope peer about the cavernous bank. They continue on, glancing back with every few steps. But Hope stops short, making Allison follow suit. Hope's head cocked to the side, something silly that she doesn't even know she does when she's using her wolf ears. Something that her Uncle Chris and Allison think she doesn't know that they laugh at.

From somewhere in the building comes the sound of water dripping.

Hope starts walking forward, Allison following her, then someone hurtles out of the shadows.

Reflexes kicking in, Hope's eyes start to glow, and she feels her werewolf strength fill her, and Allison brings up her hand to defend herself.

Their attacker moves just as swiftly, prepared to fight a werewolf and a huntress, the attacker blows something in Hope's face and she felt the stinging effects of wolfsbane, sapping her strength and her eyes turned back to normal.

Coughing, her skin smoking, Hope struggles to defend herself against the attacker and she was kicked in the head, sending her to the ground and Allison is pinned against the wall, an elbow pressed against her throat.

They both look at their assalint in surprise, the moonlight finally illuminating her face,"Ms. Morrell?" Allison asks in disbelief.

The School Guidance Counselor, looking very unlike a Guidance Counselor at the moment, takes a quick glance down the corridor to make sure that the three of them are alone,"Both of you keep your mouth shut and listen close. You have no idea what you just stepped into. Right now, you've got maybe twenty seconds to get your asses hidden," Morrell let's Allison go and she immediately helps Hope to her feet,"There's a storage closet down the hall. Get in there. Lock the door. When you hear the fighting start, that's when you come out," Then she looks right at Hope,"You'll need to find Stiles when he's released."

"What?" Hope says in confusion.

"What fighting?" Allison asks at the same time.

"You'll hear it, now go!" Morrell says, pushing them towards the closet.

Allison helps Hope into the closet, and Hope is immediately met with the smell of rotting flesh, and she thinks it's because of the wolfsbane.

Then both of them hold still as someone, or something passes by the door of the closet.

Several people in fact.

Two bare feet pause in the corridor. While Ennis and Deucalion continue forward, Kali glances back.

She cocks her head and then breathes in the air, trying to catch a scent. After a moment, though, she shrugs it off and moves to catch up to the others.

Hope drops the Conus Silenti barrier, a spell that makes them completely undetectable, no sound, smell, or even sight. Something a whole lot better than just invisique.

They both let out a breath of relief, stepping back, still shrouded in darkness. The night vision of her wolf side still wasn't working thanks to the wolfsbane, she cupped her hands together like she was trying to make a snowball, remembering the proper spell.

"Post tenebras spero lucem," Hope says, and a ball of light fills her hands.

When the darkness scatters, Allison immediately sucks in a shocked breath, and Hope finds the origin of the rotting flesh smell.

Erica's body, dead, the decomposition having already taken effect on her, telling both Argents that she's been dead for weeks.

The girl looked like she had truly faced something horrifying in her final moments.

Tears well up in Hope's eyes, as she leans down and closes Erica's, hoping it would grant her some sort of peace.

Change Of View

Peter sat outside the loft, listening to Stiles turn, for some reason it's taking longer than it usually would have.

"Peter--Agh!" Stiles cries out from behind the door, his voice sounding like it's half transformed, like he can barely form words,"Peter! I know you're there!"

"What do you want, Stiles?" Peter asks, rolling his eyes,"I'm not holding your hand through this."

There's a ferocious snarl, and he heard the chains grow taunt, the pillars cracking but still held Stiles.

"PETER!" Stiles roars,"WHY DID THEY--AGGHH!...CHOOSE THE VAULT!"

That peaks Peter's interest, standing up and unlocking the door and sliding it open to see Stiles in the middle of the loft, claw marks decorating the concrete around Stiles.

He's more than half transformed, his legs already turned, brown fur covering half of Stiles's face, the bones cracking around the skull, the muzzle straining to form. He screams in pain as claws burst from his fingertips while also his fingers shrink down and expand into a paw.

Peter walks along the wall, keeping his eyes on Stiles as he makes his way back towards the blueprints of the bank.

When he finally gets there he starts rifling through the printouts, looking for one specific thing.

Now that Stiles had said what he needed too, he let the transformation take him completely, and knowing that he was running out of time, Peter just grabs all of them and runs out of the room, slamming the door back closed as he searches through all of them.

Change Of View

Making a cautious approach through the alley behind the rear of the bank, Scott and Derek pause beneath the fire escape. Scott reaches for one of the rungs, but then he pauses.

"What?" Derek asks.

"There's just something I can't get out of my head," Scott tells him.

"The moon is rising, Scott! What is it?" Derek demands.

"Risk and reward," Scott tells him, confusing the Alpha.

"Which means what?"

"We're not measuring the risk with enough information. We don't know enough."

"We know we're running out of time," Derek reminds him.

"Yeah, but think about it. They put the triskele on your door four months ago. What have they been doing all that time? Why wait until now?"

"We don't have the time to figure out every little detail."

"Okay, but this detail, the reason why they waited...is the most important one?"

"Then we don't do anything. And Boyd and Erica are dead. I know what I'm risking. My life for theirs. And I won't blame you if you don't follow me."

Derek grabs the steel rung of the fire escape and begins to climb. With a last glance at the rising moon, Scott reaches up to follow.

Change Of View

Peter finally finds it, the mineral in the stone from the vault,"Well, Stiles, good for you for noticing something off," He mumbles, while reading the word,"Hecatolite."

Pulling out his phone, Peter immediately called the two werewolves, knowing that the girl and Boyd weren't going to kill each other, they were going to kill Derek and Scott.

Change Of View

A thin shaft of light falls over the interior stone of the vault. The wall shakes with a low boom, something hitting it from the inside. Another hit and a crack ripples through the stone.

With a sudden crunch, a fist smashes through. Stone crumbling outward, Derek bursts into the dark vault.

Right behind him, Scott tumbles in through a dissipating cloud of dust. Rising in the dark, he feels Derek's hand on his chest, holding him back.

"Boyd?" Derek calls out.

From the opposite side of the room, a dark shape inches forward. A hulking figure, its breath harsh and ragged.

"Boyd, it's me. It's Derek."

A buzzing snaps Scott's attention to his pocket. He fumbles for his phone,"Peter, now is not a good time--"

"Scott! You've both got to get out of there right now!" Peter yells,"The walls of the vault, they're made with a mineral called hecatolite. It scatters the moonlight."

"What? What does that mean?" Scott says, confused.

Derek takes a cautious step toward two figures in the dark. One is Boyd, struggling to keep the transformation at bay,"We're here to get you out," Derek tells them.

Scott recedes back, cell phone pressed to his ear as he listens to Peter trying to explain,"The hecatolite blocks the moon, keeping them from feeling the full moon in months. Think of it like the gladiator fights in the Roman coliseum. They used to starve the lions for three days to make them more vicious, more out-of-control."

Scott watches the moonlight spill across the floor of the vault, seeping in.

"Deucalion's kept them from shifting for three full moons, diminishing their tolerance to it. They're going to be stronger, more savage, more blood-hungry. They are the closest thing to a Cursed Wolf as we can get, Scott. They're the lions, Scott. They're the starved lions and you and Derek just stepped into the coliseum."

"Derek," Scott says,"We've got a problem. A big problem."

But Derek is no longer moving, a look of shock spreading across his face,"Cora?"

"Who?" Scott says.

"Cora?"

A dark-haired, beautiful young woman also struggling against the moon steps into the light. Her name is Cora Hale.

"Derek, get out," She snarls,"Get out of here!"

Scott lowers the phone as Peter shouts into the speaker.

His eyes focus on an odd, powdery substance lining the baseboard against the wall of the vault.

He follows the line of mountain ash to the vault door. It lies open, moonlight seeping in.

A silhouetted woman appears just past the threshold of the vault. She opens her hand, letting the last bit of ash fall from her palm.

"No! No, wait!" He cried out, running forward, but the barrier still connects, stopping him in his tracks.

On the other side of the vault, Boyd lets loose an enraged snarl, glowing yellow eyes locked on Derek. Cora's head jerks up, fangs bared as the transformation takes hold.

Claws unsheathed, Derek raises his hands to defend himself.

Change Of View

The phone clicks off, the dial tone sounding, Peter looks up at the sound of footsteps approaching, he's barely able to hear it because of the sounds of the wolf's struggle to escape its bonds.

Ducking behind the corner, Peter hides as two teenagers looking exactly the same, come into view. The Alpha Twins.

They stood outside the door, the sounds of chains straining, and growls making them pause.

Taking off their shirts, one of them crouches down, and the other thrusts his hand into his brother's back and they merge into one giant werewolf.

They roar, like they're trying to convince themselves that they're stronger than Stiles.

They pull open the door, and Peter hears the struggle, then the chains snap. And when one goes, they all start going.

The wolf roars in freedom and slams past Ethan and Aiden, both of them looking like they got a terrible beating. But because they were still merged, they heal twice as fast.

Peter remains hidden as Stiles escapes, running into the night as the blur of a vicious beast.

Change Of View

Outside the vault door, Ms. Morrell wipes the remaining mountain ash from her hands. She pauses, eyeing her palms.

"Don't kid yourself, Marin," Deucalion says, folding up his cane,"This isn't the first time you've gotten your hands dirty."

Deucalion reaches out his own hand. Reluctantly, Morrell gives him her arm and leads him away, their quiet footsteps rapidly drowned out by the sounds from inside the vault.

Low snarls rising to viscous growls, building to a crescendo. To an all-out attack.

A distant crashing jolts Allison and Hope from their hiding spot. Moving to the door, Hope presses her ear to it. Just as Morrell predicted, they hear the sounds of fighting. But something else called Hope's attention, a noise from faraway. A howl.

"I-I have to go," Hope says, pushing the door open,"Get to Derek and Scott, they're here too."

"Where are you going?" Allison asks.

"To find Stiles," She states, her eyes turning yellow and she shifts, going onto all fours and the white wolf ran out of the bank.

Change Of View

Scott slams to the floor, tumbling painfully. A snarling Boyd leaps down to attack. Derek grabs him, yanking him off his feet and launching him into the air.

But then Derek lurches forward, slashed in the back by Cora. She comes at him, swiping with razor-sharp claws until Scott crashes into her, dragging her down.

Derek pulls Scott back to his feet.

"You know her?" Scott asks.

"My sister," Derek says in a rush,"My younger sister."

"What the hell's she doing here?"

"Like I have a clue? I thought she was dead."

Past them, the two werewolves--silhouetted figures with glowing yellow eyes--rise for another assault.

Catching a scent, Scott turns back in surprise to see Allison standing just outside the vault door.

"LOOK OUT!" She screams but it's too late.

Boyd drags Scott off his feet, smashing him against the wall. Derek turns to help, but Cora blocks his way, attacking with renewed ferocity.

Allison watches in horror as Boyd digs into Scott with his claws, dragging him up the wall. Blood at his lips, Scott cries out in agony.

Trying to hold Cora back, Derek sees Allison approach the mountain ash barrier,"No, don't--don't break the seal!"

But as Scott slides down against the wall, Boyd raises a clawed hand for a killing strike.

"Boyd!"

He spins, yellow eyes focusing on her. Allison whips her hands across the seal. The mountain ash swirls up into the air and a break appears in the barrier.

Roaring, Boyd charges toward her. Allison whirls back behind the safety of the vault door as both Boyd and Cora hurtle out of their prison, racing for freedom.

With their feral growls growing fainter in the distance, Allison steps out from behind the door and is grabbed by Derek.

"Don't touch her," Scott snaps, yanking Derek's hand from her, locking eyes with him. Derek shakes free of Scott's grasp, glaring at Allison.

"What were you thinking?" Derek demands.

"That I had to do something," Allison replies immediately.

"She saved our lives," Scott says, defending Allison.

"And what do you think they're going to do out there? You have any idea what we just set free?" Derek growls.

"You want to blame me?" Allison shouts,"I am not the one turning teenagers into killers."

"No. No, that's just the rest of your family."

Allison pauses, guilt written on her face,"I made mistakes," She admits,"Gerard is not my fault."

"And what about your Mother?" Derek asks, making all blood rush from Scott's face.

Allison pauses,"What do you mean?"

"Tell her, Scott," Derek says, looking at the Beta.

"What does he mean? Scott, what does he mean?"

Change Of View

Having fallen asleep on her bed with an open school book in her lap, Lydia snaps awake. And screams at the top of her lungs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 330 13
a timeline where Hope never returned to the Salvatore Boarding School after the devastating losses of not only her not so immortal parents, Klaus Mik...
795K 17K 27
HIDDEN MIKEALSON | ❝fight like a girl.❞ After activating her werewolf curse, Hope Martin, learns about her other supernatural sides and her true n...
65.6K 2.7K 31
All I did was try my best This the kind of thanks I get? Unrelentlessly upset (ah, ah, ah) They say these are the golden years But I wish I could dis...
833K 13.3K 38
Hope Mikaelson has a twin, Kara, but they were not equal. Sure they were sisters, but Hope was clearly the favourite. So after her father threatens h...