My Bunny Boyfriend Can't Poss...

Von Writer_IJ

Ever wonder what it'd be be like to date the #1 rabbit himself? Well, now's your chance to find out! (A Dark... Mehr

Episode 1: They Call Him "Lucky"
Episode 2: Can I Get a Doom Doom? (doom doom)
Episode 3: To Be a Dreamer
Episode 4: Journey to the Rainbow
Extra: Back to the Grindstone
Episode 5: Our Scarlet Thread
Episode 6: The Gang's All Here
Extra: Fo Shizzle Mah Rizzle
Episode 7: Battle of the Bunnies
Episode 9: Be Mine
Episode 10: His Truth
Episode 11: Gone But Not Lost

Episode 8: A Day to Remember

137 2 0
Von Writer_IJ

I soar across the grand sky, my wings spread wide as the secrets of the universe call to me, begging for my exploration.

Yet, my destination remains the same: the base of the mountain.

Not even the peak, where hollow hearts discover the finality of their wholes, where truths are rewarded for the journey, handed out to be cherished like golden tickets to an understood existence.

My curiosity hollers for the climb, but my fears conquer all, forcing me to land where the conclusion has already been envisioned.

But I do wonder, truly, what lies in that great beyond. What kinds of adventures await?

Would I finally be able to find my rejected, yet vibrant longing—a today different from yesterday? A tomorrow embraced with surprises?

Would the manacles of monotony finally be shattered?

At long last, would I discover happiness?

*  *  *

"And if you'll pay attention to the next slide . . ."

Save the professor, a hush swept through the college classroom, the many gazes fixed on the presentation as pencils scratched swiftly against notebook paper.

In the far corner, I followed the paradigm, routinely sipping from my water bottle as my pen spilled ink.

However, from time to time, my focus would drift to the clock on the wall—the gatekeeper of my freedom.

Three more minutes.

Before me, a pair of girls exchanged whispers.

"Which hall is Jake's kickback in?"

"Forger."

A grin. "Got the beers?"

"Oh, I got the beers."

Their excitement blended into the air, and like a candle being lit aflame, my envy shimmered.

As quick as it came, however, I blew out the light.

Meh. Who needs parties when I've got homework?

A second thought.

I'm kinda lame, aren't I?

I sorta found my own answer when in the final two minutes of class, I contemplated which subject I was going to tackle first.

At first, nothing.

Beneath the vast night sky, the local woods sang its gentle melody, from the crickets chirping beneath the logs to the leaves rustling against the kind zephyr.

At first, nothing.

Then, a phenomenon, unfolding within the sea of trees. Its very existence tasted that of pure fiction, mimicking a circular portal of mystical energy and symbols.

The arrival,

as a trio of figures brought themselves into actuality. From the first glance, one could tell they did not belong, their statures towering as they flaunted their animatronic identities.

The rabbit scanned their surroundings.

"You see it?" he asked.

The pig and chicken shook their heads.

The leader grimaced. "Couldn't have gotten far. Split up and look for it. And make sure no mortals see you. Last thing I need is us accidentally starting a cult or something."

"I don't think I'd mind that," the chicken admitted.

"Yeah," the pig chimed in, "'cause you're already a psychopath in the making."

Whomp! as the chicken dug her heel into his shin.

"See?" the pig argued.

"Just get a move on," the rabbit ordered, tired, "before that thing eats something it shouldn't."

The other two tossed their differences to the side, and like shadows, the trio blended into the darkness.

Am I happy?

The question came to me as I strolled back to my dorm.

I mean, I am, right? I'm not sad. I don't mind getting out of bed or anything like that.

It's just . . .

Somberness crept to me.

Is this all there is? Is this really all life has to offer?

I feel like I shouldn't be able to predict what's gonna happen tomorrow, yet here I am, sometimes confused on how this day is any different from all the others.

I looked to the stars, noticing their lustrous glimmering.

Days that bright would be nice.

The rabbit left no stone unturned, his gaze piercing every inch of his surroundings.

"Come on . . ." he whispered. "I know you're here somewhere."

What I wanna know is how that thing even got out of the Other Side to begin with. Takes some brain power to make the portal, and the little runt looked like a wild animal.

Confusion coated his gears.

Something doesn't add up.

To his side, a twig snapped, and the bunny quickly buried his contemplation, turning his head. There, he spotted his target: an intricate beast, as large as a wolf's pup as it flaunted a body akin to a three-dimensional shadow—layers of blackness coiling around one another, the substance like ink as it contrasted against the glowing eyes of amber.

The creature met the rabbit's sight and shrunk.

The hunter furrowed his brow.

"There you are, you little sh*t." A step forward. "Dunno what you think you're doing, but you gotta go."

Another action.

Then, the reaction.

As swift as lightning, the beast lurched in the other direction to bolt through the maze of oak.

Oh no, you don't!

The bunny wasted no time giving chase.

"Oh my gosh! Are you serious?"

My many wonders slid back into hiding as before me, a group of my peers blocked the sidewalk. And judging by how sloppily they moved, how their eyebrows drooped, I had the feeling they wouldn't be ignoring me this time around.

You know what? I can go the long way.

Before I could be spotted, I slipped into one of the side routes: a dirt path stretching through the woods, the half-alive trees observing from either side.

Apparently, tonight's a good night to get abused by a serial killer.

The beast weaved through Mother Nature's field, its stomps burning tracks into the earth.

The rabbit wasn't far behind, his circuits heating up as the cogs in his legs ground against one another.

If I was just a little faster, I could go for a flank, but it looks like we're an even match.

Frustration.

I need to catch this thing before it can make it out of the woods. Otherwise, this is gonna become a whole lot more than just some runaway demon.

It slithered into his mind—that memory which yanked on the strings of each of his emotions.

"Lucky, this is—"

A rejection without hesitation.

We're not doing this.

I'm gonna win in my own way, damn it.

I'm content. Really, I am.

I admired the moon's luster, awestruck by such radiant beauty.

But, from time to time, I do wonder what it'd be like to have that thrill.

Up ahead, he spotted a dirt path running along in either direction.

Some space.

A decision.

Once we make it over there, I'll make a lunge for the bastard. Should be just the boost I need.

At once, the rabbit readied his legs, determined to blast off like a rocket.

And when the pair had reached the clearing, he did just that, hurling himself forward to latch onto his prey.

As brisk as sound,

as fierce as a passing meteor,

they burst into my reality,

and although I could manage only a glance, I noticed the fiction of their existence.

A wild animal, its body composed of tangible lines of ink.

A man in a bunny suit, lunging towards said animal, an axe pinned to his side.

I merely gaped, even more so as the costumed hunter shifted his focus to me mid flight.

Probably should've kept his eyes on the prize, because he ended up missing his target, letting the phantom-like animal escape.

However, the bunny man wasted no time recovering, continuing his pursuit with ease as the pair disappeared back into the woods.

The moment lasted only a few seconds.

Yet, in those handful of frames, I had waves upon waves of sensations wash over me:

terror;

confusion;

disbelief;

but most of all, quivering curiosity.

I rushed over to where the duo disappeared, peering into the darkness as I held my breath.

Only silence,

until,

"Grrrrraaaaaaaaaa!"

Through the nothingness, the odd creature lunged towards me, its jaws split wide.

I stumbled back.

However, before the beast could feast upon my flesh, the bunny man snatched it out of the air, pinning it to the ground.

"I don't think so!" my hero hollered.

The creature struggled to free itself, whining and wailing. And when it looked like it wouldn't be giving up, the bunny man decided to end the charades, ripping his axe free to slam the steel into the beast's cranium.

Instantly, the prey dissipated like mist, leaving behind not a single trace as the serenity of the area returned.

My breaths staggered past my lips.

W-What just happened?

The bunny man straightened his stance, his demeanor that of "business as usual." And when turned towards me, his axe still in play, I raised my fists, determined to not be part of said "business."

"D-Don't mess with me," I stuttered. "I have the p-power of God and anime on my side."

That sounded a lot smoother in my head.

But rather than chopping me into a million pieces, the bunny man simply holstered his weapon, bringing his finger to his lips.

He then scurried back into the woods, leaving me to drop to my knees as I wondered if someone had secretly slipped me drugs.

*  *  *

    As one would imagine, I didn't get much sleep that night.

Or the night after that.

Questions infested my head like insects, each one gnawing on my brain cells to snatch my attention.

Why was he carrying an axe?

Why did that thing just disappear when it got chopped? Where did it go?

Why a bunny of all things?

My confusion and curiosity blended like flavors of wine, culminating in a taste which could only be described as a genuine thrill. I yearned to learn more, to immerse myself in that reality, no matter how minute the experience had been.

For the first time in my life, I had something to look forward to.

After that day, I made it a duty to stroll across that dirt path every night at the same time. Of course, a girl walking around at night by herself spelt nothing but disaster, especially when said girl shuffled through a place where a body could be buried with ease.

But I had to meet that bunny man again. I had caught a glimpse of another layer of this universe, and unless I wanted my heart to remain beating a hundred miles an hour, I had to dig deep.

One night passed.

Then another.

Then another.

Each resulting in the same old, same old.

At one point, I even started lounging against a tree to wait, but still, nothing happened.

Was I actually just seeing things?

The disappointment flooded my veins, turning my blood an icy blue.

But, right as I considered dropping the case, accepting the deceased rainbow, a voice called out to me.

"Are all mortals this moronic?"

I turned to spot him—the source of my restless nights and intricate predictions.

"You really are not the brightest," the bunny man said, leaning against a tree. "Almost had your face ripped off yet you still hang around. I dunno whether to call you crazy or stupid." A chuckle. "Maybe both."

I had come up with a thousand things to say, had envisioned a hundred ways this scenario would play out, yet when the spotlight finally shined, I found the stability of my thoughts crumbling against the pressure.

"U-Um . . ." I choked. "W-Why . . .  Why a bunny?"

The visitor raised an eyebrow, his conclusion written clear across his face: "Another weird one, eh?"

"Listen, kid," he said, straightening himself, "I dunno what's goin' on in that head of yours, but this place ain't safe, 'specially for a lonesome girl like you. So, why don't you quit snooping around and stick to that couch of yours?"

"Kid?" I pinned my hand to my chest. "I-I'll have you know, I'm not a kid. I'm a freshman in college." Back to the tiny voice. "Er, then again, I guess you could still call me a kid. I mean, teenagers are in the 'teen' age range, right? Like, fifteen, sixteen. But to be a legal adult, you've gotta be eighteen, which I am, so maybe I'm not a kid? What is a kid, anyway?"

. . .

Thank you, awkwardness.

You never let me down.

At least I got the bunny's expression to change: Instead of as a weirdo, he now viewed me as a straight psychopath!

"R-Riiiiiight . . ." he said. "In any case, just stop swinging by here every night. You're gonna get hurt."

"How do you know I come here every night?" I asked.

The bunny's lips tightened, and I could've sworn he was . . . blushing?

"That's not important," he argued. "I just need you to understand that it's dangerous here, all right? Besides, why would you wanna see more of what happened last time? You got a death wish?"

"Dude, you're a bunny with an axe," I argued. "Why would I not wanna see more?" My anxiety loosened. "I have so many questions!"

"None of which I'll be answering," the bunny said flat out. "I didn't come here for an interview."

"Why'd you show up, then?"

"Have you not been hearing what I've been saying!? I came here to warn you, moron! You're gonna bite the dust if you keep showing up here!"

My awe gradually melted into annoyance as his insults dug into me.

"I see you're not the most respectful rabbit," I hissed.

"You want my respect? Don't act like a buffoon!"

"Takes one to know one, you floppy-eared prick!"

"What'd you just say!?"

Krk!

Close by, a twig crunched.

The rabbit noticed.

My acquaintance tensed up.

"W-What?" I asked, puffing my chest. "Backing down already?"

He ignored me, sending his focus to the belly of the woods.

"What are you—?"

Krk!

Krk!

From multiple directions, leaves rustled, as though someone—something—stomped on them.

"The wind?" I guessed.

"Oh, how I wish you were right."

The bunny approached me, and while my nervousness stained my chest, I stayed in place.

At the same time, figures began to bleed onto the scene—the phantom-like creatures of before, this time thriving as a pack as they encircled us.

"See what I mean now?" the bunny asked, his voice low.

My stomach dropped as the snarls slithered into my eardrums.

"Y-You can do something, right?" I asked. "Use that axe of yours."

"One or two, I can deal with. Three if we're stretching. But six is a bit of a tall order."

The beasts inched closer.

"I really hope you're not expecting me to help you out," I said. "I freeze up when I see a fire ant."

"Are you serious?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Relax," the bunny dude told me. "I'm not expecting much out of you."

I see the rudeness did not slip away.

"Instead," he said, "we're gonna do what my design is apparently known for."

"Which would be . . . ?"

Without a moment's notice, my acquaintance scooped me into his arms, and with the speed of a tiger, he leapt over the ring of creatures to dash into the lake of oak.

The monsters didn't hesitate latching to our heels.

"Oh, boy," I gasped, embracing the bunny man's warm fur. "Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Oh, boy!"

"Those ain't boys!"

What's going on? the rabbit wondered. I thought what happened before was a one-and-done deal. Why the hell are there more of them? Better yet, why are they in this world?

The fur on the back of his neck stiffened.

I don't like where this is going.

"Bunny dude!" the mortal hollered. "Bunny dude, they're catching up!"

The beasts raced like savage dogs, barreling through anything and everything as their momentum steadied. 

We're gonna get caught at this point. We need a place to hide. But I can't let any other mortals see us. The city's off limits.

An idea.

A risky one.

But not my city.

"All right, mortal," the rabbit told his acquaintance, "time to get what you asked for!"

"Say what now!?"

I glanced ahead, where just a few meters out, something which could only be described as mystical began to form.

A circle.

A magic circle, like the ones you'd find in those fantasy anime. It floated above the earth, spinning languidly as exotic symbols shone around the perimeter.

"What is that!?" the girl cried.

"Our ticket out of here!"

I'm fairly confident these little bastards will follow us. In that case, I'll send all of us over to the Org. There, I'll at least have some backup.

Lady Life, however, had other plans for the duo, noted by how the markings on the rabbit's portal morphed from red like roses to black like crows.

The bunny gaped.

What the f—

He went to slow down.

A failure, as the duo fell right into the trap.

*  *  *

    Voom!

One minute, we bolted through the woods; the next, we both ate crap, collapsing onto the cold dirt after passing through the magic circle. Dimness surrounded us, and I could barely see three inches in front of me as I rubbed the ache in my knee.

"Ow . . ." I groaned. "Some ticket . . ."

Beside me, the bunny dude already began his recovery.

"You all right?" he asked.

"Still breathing," I told him, "so I guess."

"Better than nothing."

I rose to my feet, just in time for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. We had landed in some sort of narrow cavern, surrounded by walls of jagged rocks.

Beside us, our alleged "ticket" slowly disintegrated—a happening the bunny man didn't take too kindly to.

"This is not good," he said.

I didn't quite like that conclusion.

"Was this not part of your grand plan?"

"Not really. I was gonna send us to a place where we'd have some backup, but I guess we weren't the ones in control." He sucked his teeth. "And I can't make another portal. I knew something shady was going on."

"What are you saying? That we got caught or something?"

"Like flies on a web."

My gut sank.

"Come on." The bunny man gestured towards a single path ahead. "Let's find a way out of here."

The two of us marched forward, finding luminance near the end only seconds later. And when we stepped through, my jaw dropped, for I realized just what kind of situation I, a meager human, had found herself in.

We stood atop a tiny island, barren save the cave we had freed ourselves from. Beneath our feet lay layers of sand, as dark as obsidian as the grains led out to a boundless ocean of still gray water. Fog rolled across every inch of the space, limiting our visibility; however, with how eerie the environment seemed, I wasn't so sure I wanted to know what was out there.

"What is this place?" I wondered.

"Your guess is as good as mine," the bunny man said. "What I wanna know is how we're gonna get out of here, 'cause you can bet your ass I'm not swimming."

The answer came in the form of a small onyx boat, almost like a canoe, drifting across the water to our position.

Nothing occupied it, making me wonder how it even moved in the first place. But as it halted before us, my curiosity melted, spotting several tentacles wriggling at the underside.

You know what? Ignorance is bliss.

The cosplayer didn't hesitate to hop in, whereas I wouldn't lift a toe.

"You think it's safe?" I asked.

"It's our only option," he told me. "Either that or take a dive, and I'm pretty sure you don't wanna go that route."

Fair enough.

I stepped onto the boat, taking a seat across from my acquaintance.

Our ride then coasted off into the sea, carrying us into the unknown.

I couldn't help but stare in every angle, my disbelief as vast as the galaxy.

"Bunny dude," I said, "you gotta pinch me."

Again with the You're a crackhead look.

"I don't think I will," he said.

Ergo, I took the challenge, pinching my arm.

A light sting.

Meaning, this was no dream.

"And stop calling me 'bunny dude,'" bunny dude requested. "It's weird."

"Well, then, what should I call you?"

My acquaintance hesitated before answering, "The name's Lucky. Lucky the Rabbit." 

I see he's really making that costume his identity.

"Well," I said, "considering you kinda struggled to chase that animal the first time we met, and we wound up in some unknown dimension, I take you're not very lucky, after all."

"To be fair, we wouldn't be in this situation if you'd just stuck your ass to the couch, now, would we?"

"I'm sensing a bit of passive aggression."

"Would you like it to be active aggression?"

I shrunk.

Lucky paid mind to my discomfort.

"Got a name?" he asked, trying to ease the tension.

So, I told him.

He raised an eyebrow. "That's your name? I guess mortals will just smash some syllables together and call it a day."

"I'll have you know, it's a good name," I argued. "Granted, that one boy in fourth grade did throw pizza at me because of it, but that's besides the point!"

"Yeah, I'm not calling you that, unless I want something sour in my mouth."

Man, this rabbit sure knows how to irritate me.

"Then, what would you like to call me?" I asked. "Let me guess: Mortal?"

"Eh, too generic," Lucky noted. "I at least have some standards."

I find that very hard to believe.

My fellow boat rider stroked his chin, pondering.

"Ah!" he chimed in. "I got it. How about 'B'?"

"B?"

Glass half full.

"'Cause I'm beautiful?"

His face stayed straight. "No. 'Cause you're boring. Seem kinda one-dimensional to me."

Make that glass half empty.

I threw my hands up. "Well, sorry not everyone can be all colorful with an animal costume like you!"

"Costume? Who said anything about a costume?"

"That's what you're wearing, isn't it? A bunny suit?"

Lucky chuckled. "Sweetheart, this ain't no suit."

"Riiiiight. You want me to believe you're actually a rabbit? What's next? The moon is purple?"

"No. Er, to the first one. Second one is possible. I'm not a living creature, though." my acquaintance tapped on his chest. "All wires and gears in here."

"Wires and gears? Like an animatronic?"

"There we go! That's the word!"

I shook my head. "Of course. An animatronic as intelligent as a human, if not smarter. How believable!"

To be fair, though, I am in an alternate dimension riding a boat being driven by a tentacle monster, so maybe the idea isn't too far fetched.

But I had had enough eye-openers for one day.

Rather than arguing any further, Lucky reached for his eye, clamping his fingers on the sides.

"What are you doing?" I hissed. "You're gonna hurt yourself."

"Nice of you to worry"—he pulled out the oculus—"but I'm not one to feel pain."

I shuddered at the complex circuitry vibrating in his eye socket.

"See?" he asked. "All machine."

"Y-You're actually a robot?" I choked. "I don't believe it . . ."

The rabbit grinned. "Sweetheart, you wouldn't believe half the things that actually exist. But I'll let you know this . . ." He leaned in close. "You mortals are only the tip of the iceberg."

A truth which would have most people freezing, unable to come to terms with the falsity of their actuality.

As those syllables blended into my reality, however, I tasted upon the fruit of jubilance, for with that single claim, I became hopeful that this monotonous paradigm would drift to the past.

Maybe there actually is more for me out there.

For the remainder of the ride, I relished in this belief, grinning from ear to ear as Lucky wondered what went on in this head of mine.

Smiling at the prospect of multiple dimensions?

What a weird girl.

Our attention returned to the trip at hand once our boat arrived at the shore of another island. Unlike the first, this one flaunted enough heft to be its own country, littered with substantial earth deformities and withered trees as tall as houses. Shreds of ash drifted down like rain, only they didn't stick to our bodies, disappearing completely once their journeys had concluded.

"Why did we stop here?" I asked.

"Question of the century," Lucky answered.

We stepped foot onto the sand, and almost immediately, dark lines began to form before us—the same material which composed the beasts from back then.

Lucky positioned himself to my front, one arm covering me as the other hovered over his axe.

Thankfully, we wouldn't need another chase scene, for once finished with their formation, the lines created not a monster but a silhouette of a man.

"What the . . . ?" my companion uttered.

The silhouette outstretched its hand, summoning a model of a skull with horns. It then pointed towards the forest before vanishing without a trace.

"I'm guessing we have to get the thing it showed us?" I trembled at the mass of rotted birch. "And said thing is in there?"

"Looks to be that way."

Lucky had already begun his march forward, and I slayed my reluctance to follow.

I waited for the familiar snap of the branch, waited for a being of immeasurable horror to reveal itself and shred us to pieces.

"Relax," the bunny said, noticing my tense bones. "I got your back."

From me, a little relief.

"A-Aren't we confident?" I joked.

"But of course! I mean, I am just so amazing, right?"

All right, now we're getting into the narcissistic portion.

"Well, Mr. Amazing," I said, "mind telling me where you think we might be? Anything about this place ring any bells?"

Lucky stroked his chin. "Nothing in particular, no. Most I can surmise is that we're in the Other Side, 'cause there's sure as hell nothing like this in your world."

"The Other Side?"

"The rest of the iceberg," he explained. "Where anything you can think of is most likely living."

I chuckled. "Come on~. I don't think anyth—"

Lucky was dead serious.

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Why . . .  Why don't we know about you guys?"

"'Cause we're secret," my companion answered. "No offense, but you mortals are morons."

I noticed that stance of yours quite a while ago, actually.

"We doubt you'd be able to handle the truth," he continued. "Besides, if our two worlds were to collide, I don't think it'd end well for you mortals."

"Why do you say that?"

"Let's just say . . . I'm one of the nicer demons you've met."

"What do you m—?"

Thoom!

Thoom!

Like crashing comets, it sounded like, ripping across the forest floor.

Lucky and I quickly halted.

"What was that?" I whispered.

My partner said nothing, observing as his expression flickered with caution.

Thoom!

Thoom!

Thoom!

A bit closer.

It dragged its body across the space, the frame Titan-like as its aura matched that of a twisted fantasy. Furless, stomping on meaty hooves as curved horns protruded from either side of its bulky mouth. With each breath, dense steam fled from the jaws.

Thoom!

Another step.

Thoom!

Then, a call.

"GRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAR!"

The wail ripped through the space, shooting cracks through tree bases as the very ground quivered in terror.

At once, the bunny's body locked up, his innards distorted as he collapsed to the ground.

W-What the hell? Why can't . . . I move?

"Lucky!" the mortal called out. "Lucky, what's wrong?"

She touched his arm, and as if an antidote had been injected into his circuits, his limbs loosened.

Lucky straightened himself.

"What just happened?"

"That's what I wanna know," I said. "No offense, but this isn't really the best time to be taking a knee."

Thoom! Thoom! Thoom!

The footsteps approached with greater haste.

My companion grabbed my hand. "I agree wholeheartedly."

He then dragged me away from the scene. But only for a few steps, before giving up on the gesture entirely to flat-out carry me like a princess once again.

"This is not a good sign," I pointed out.

Lucky broke out into a sprint. "You would be very correct, my dear."

"GRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAR!"

Another cry, only this one was much, much closer.

Matter of fact, with each new stomp bursting out, a pillar of birch toppled over in the distance.

"Um . . . Lucky?"

He furrowed his brow, tightening his focus.

Thoom! Thoom! Thoom!

. . .

Thoom!

At our backside, it erupted into view—a creature of such grotesqueness, such barbarity, that the purest of Greek mythology held no candle to its existence.

It barreled after us, its footsteps forging miniature craters as its sheer force blew away all trees in its path.

"What the hell is that!?" I screamed.

"Bad news!" Lucky hollered back, picking up the pace.

The rabbit grimaced at the difference in haste.

Not in his favor.

Apparently everything else is just cracked out when it comes to speed.

Definitely can't put up a fight, and making a portal out of here is off the table.

He clenched his teeth.

I guess being shoved into a corner is my thing nowadays.

From the vexation, a grin spread.

Unfortunately for you, big boy, this is where I thrive.

Case in point: When the bunny caught sight of the structure they fast approached, he already had an idea unraveling in his mind.

A pyramid, it appeared as, the general shape a square which grew more and more narrow the higher it rose. Metal bricks shaded like a raven composed the complex, contrasting greatly against the clouds the tip nearly kissed. At the front, a grand pair of doors greeted them.

Lucky smirked.

"I gotta give my thanks, B," he told me. "I appreciate how light you are."

"Thanks?" As you may have guessed, the overwhelming terror of being chased by a giant drained all embarrassment from the compliment.

But as we got closer to the pyramid, the puzzle pieces clicked together.

From what I've gathered, Lucky doesn't do compliments.

"Oh, no, you don't!" I barked. "You are not yeeting us over that thing! You hear me!?"

Last thing I need is to splatter on the landing.

The rabbit kept his enthusiasm.

"Who said anything about over?"

I shivered.

One of the nicer demons, my ass!

Lucky slowed his sprint to a meager jog, letting the big guy decimate the distance between us.

"Lucky, what are you doing!?"

"Being a genius."

Thoom! Thoom! Thoom!

The goliath now gnawed on our heels, just as we got close enough to the pyramid to study our reflections through the metal.

Checkmate.

Before we could be squished to oblivion, my companion hurled me to one side while simultaneously leaping the other way.

You psycho!

I rolled onto the sand, just as a monstrous WHAM! broke loose.

And upon glancing up did I witness the giant slam its head against the door, splitting the skull.

An adversary vanquished, the behemoth collapsed lifelessly to the ground.

"I'm too good," Lucky bragged.

I stormed to him, shoving my finger in his chest.

"Have you lost your marbles!?" I barked. "I'm not some ragdoll you can just fling around!"

The rabbit smirked. "Still here, ain't ya?"

I folded my arms. "That's besides the point."

"All right, all right." The rabbit patted me on the head. "How 'bout this? If we make it out of here alive, I'll make it up to you. I know this great café. Lots of choices."

"You could've smashed me against a tree, and you want me to forgive you on the premise that you'll give me a drink?" I sighed. "If all mortals are morons, then all demons are simpletons."

Lucky waved his fist. "You don't want this roast, sweetheart."

I slapped him with the Bring it on! gesture.

"I want the smoke! Let's go!"

Crack!

Crack!Crack!

Amidst our war of words, a series of cracking sounds punctured the still air, urging Lucky and I to re-equip our game faces.

Turns out, the giant's accident had done a lot more than knock him out cold, for the door he had crashed into now flaunted a new layer of rifts both thin and thick. They spread across the entire surface, devouring the material until, ultimately, the door ruptured into a pile of jagged pieces.

The two of us now stood before a descending staircase, illuminated by lit torches pinned to the either side of the walls.

"Looks like our next stop is up ahead," Lucky noted. "Hope you're up for it."

"As long as you don't try to throw me like a dodgeball again," I said.

He chuckled. "No promises."

Together, we sauntered downward, entering a space both simple and complex as we passed the final step. The entirety as far-reaching as a colosseum, multiple hollow rooms—at least forty—had been crammed against one another like building blocks. Empty doorframes presented themselves at each wall, connecting the rooms, as well as leading to the prize in the center: an inhuman skull idling atop a stone pedestal.

"There's what we came for," Lucky said.

A simple path forward.

Yet every inch of my gut warned me of the facade.

"This is too easy," I noted.

"I agree." The rabbit crept forward. "We take it slow."

I nodded, and we inched our way into the first room.

So far, so good.

The second room, not so much; or rather, the fact that we didn't make it into the second room, for as we stepped through the next door, we wound up back at the starting point.

"What the hell . . . ?" Lucky whispered, as confused as me.

We went through the same process, only to tumble through the same result.

Next attempt, we tried another door, and while did get to another room, we ultimately found ourselves at the starting line once more.

"I take it this, too, is part of the rest of the iceberg?" I guessed.

"Well, unless you have magic in your world, you have your answer." Lucky sighed. "At least we're not being hunted. I get the feeling, though, we shouldn't stay here too long."

You're telling me.

Up high, multiple gargoyle-esque statues sat on poles jutting out the walls, watching us.

Not the best vibes.

I began to study the area, searching for any clue that would help us out. My find: a string of foreign symbols written boldly (with chalk?) across the ceiling. Each piece of text breathed the same foundation: straightened lines pointing in one of the four cardinal directions.

"Maybe that can help?" I suggested, gesturing towards my discovery.

Lucky indulged himself for a moment before replying with, "Possibly. Could be instructions. Can't read it, though."

"Does that look like any language you recognize? Even if you can't read it."

"Can't say it does. Why do you ask?"

"Because those might not be letters."

Keeping my gaze on the markings, I grabbed my companion's wrist and led him back into the first box. Then, following the symbol's design—a line going left—we sauntered through the corresponding door, entering the next room with ease.

"Okay," Lucky said, unimpressed. "Already did this part."

I ignored him.

Next design—line going north.

I followed, and much to my companion's surprise, we weren't reset.

"How did you do that?" he asked.

I grinned. "I followed the instructions." I then pointed to the ceiling. "Letters usually have curves or, at the very least, diagonal lines, but these ones don't. Add the fact that you didn't recognize them as a language and I took a shot in the dark: Those aren't letters but specific markings, and they're designed to fit a path into these empty rooms."

Lucky appeared stunned. "You figured it out just like that?"

I rode my high horse.

"I'm that good."

"Well, color me impressed."

We proceeded to glide through the puzzle, warping to new areas as the skull grew steadily closer.

But as we passed what must've been the twentieth room, an oddity revealed itself—the changing of the symbols, their dove-white shade morphing to a vibrant yellow.

"What does that mean?" Lucky asked.

"Maybe that we're getting closer?" I guessed.

At least, I hope that's the case.

My companion hurriedly led us to the next section.

"Wait, Lucky! That's not—"

Fwoosh!

Shing!

One more inch.

Only one more, before the arrow of gold would've pierced my right eye.

I shuddered, whereas Lucky winced, having killed the projectile's momentum by letting it puncture his hand.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Y-Yeah . . ." I whispered. "Thanks."

Lucky yanked the arrow out of him. "Picked the wrong way by accident. Sorry."

"Don't worry about it."

I'm more concerned about where that came from?

My answer arrived in the form of the gargoyles now wielding sleek bows, already reloaded.

"Looks like we can't afford to make a mistake now," Lucky said, eyeing the archers. "I think we'll be fine, though, so long as we take our time."

I looked to the symbols once more, noticing their newfound yellow slowly darkening to orange.

"I don't think we get that luxury."

Orange

to

red.

Fwoosh!

Fwoosh!

Swift as bullets, two more arrows rushed to us, and we barely dodged as my partner tackled me to the ground.

At the same time, the symbols returned to their yellow state, only to darken once more.

"We're on a timer!" I hollered, springing to my feet. "We have to go!"

Panic throbbing in my chest, we raced through the maze, careful to make the correct choice while also ready to dodge at any given moment.

Fortunately, the timer would reset at each new section.

Unfortunately, the length of said timer would shorten as we progressed, to the point where we'd have roughly only two seconds in each room.

The howls of arrows being fired sliced our eardrums as those golden projectiles whizzed past us.

"Just a little more!" I cried, realizing we were on the final symbol.

North.

South.

North.

East.

West.

South.

North.

Finished.

The pedestal with our prize glistened just a few feet before us.

"We made it!" I howled. "Grab the skull, Lucky."

My partner lunged forward.

Fwoosh!

Shing!

Pain.

A hot pain, spilling into the back of my eye socket as the arrow zoomed past my face, splitting my pupil in two.

I screamed, slamming my hand on my face as the blood poured out.

Lucky paused. "B!"

"JUST GRAB THE THING!"

Fwoosh!

Fwoosh!

Fwoosh!

More arrows, all aimed at different points of my head.

I grimaced.

Am I . . . dead?

Lucky snatched the treasure.

Voom!

The second my companion claimed the prize, we teleported back to the boat, which had already begun floating across the sea.

Confusion coiled around Lucky. "What the . . . ?"

I, sadly, didn't have the luxury to wonder, the searing pain in my head strangling my sanity.

The rabbit tossed the skull to the floor as he rushed to me.

"B! You all right?"

"C-Considering I just had my eye sliced up," I groaned, "I'll let you be the judge."

I expected a snarky bite back to follow; however, Lucky simply embraced his worry, holding up my head with care.

"Let me have a look," he said.

I obeyed, pulling my (very bloody) hand out the way.

Scarlet vision.

"Looks worse than it is," my partner assessed. "Thank goodness."

"Feels pretty bad, though," I joked.

Lucky wasn't laughing, wiping away my blood with the fur of his arm.

"Sure you wanna do that?" I asked. "You're gonna get dirty."

"Doesn't matter." His frustration slithered through. "If I wasn't such a slow ass, we would've dodged."

Through my good eye, I saw the hole in his hand, and with a smile, I grabbed his fingers.

"You were fast enough here," I pointed out.

"No point being at the top if I can't stay there."

Disgust, but not with me.

I'm not sure why, but for some reason, I really don't like seeing you sad.

I let go of his hand, instead setting my palms tenderly on his cheeks.

"Lucky, you're doing a good job. If it weren't for you, I'd already be dead. So, stop beating yourself up."

My partner merely gazed upon my jubilance, dumbfounded.

"You're smiling," he said. "You've been chased by demon hounds, hunted by a giant, and had your eye cut open, and you're smiling."

His own lips curved sweetly.

"You're one odd mortal."

I giggled. "You gonna call me that now? O for Odd?"

He shook his head. "I think B rolls off the tongue a little better. Don't you?"

"Can't say you're wrong. Plus, I think it goes great with L."

"L?"

I grinned. "My nickname for you. L. For Loser."

Lucky chuckled.

"Not a bad choice," he praised. "Ms. Boring and Mr. Loser, eh?"

"We're gonna take the universe by storm!"

*  *  *

    Twenty minutes soared past, and would you believe, the ocean didn't really change. No new islands or peninsulas. In fact, I was starting to think we had already overcome the one and only landmark.

With some gauze he conveniently had on him, L managed to stop my blood from pouring any further, wrapping it around my head to make me look like I'd just wandered from the ER.

When I asked how he knew we'd need the supply, he blushed and whispered, "You never know."

"But how'd you know we'd be, like, together?"

"I said you never know!"

I chuckled and decided to switch topics.

"You think we're almost done?"

"Depends," L answered. "We got what the puppet master wants. In which case, we're probably gonna be meeting him pretty soon. From there, one of two things will happen: A) He accepts the skull and let's us go home, or B) He tries to turn us into his slaves."

I-I'm not a very big fan of option B.

"Relax," L urged me. "If he goes with the latter, I'll just take him down. Sorta my job to deal with the bad guys."

"Are you, like, a police officer?"

"Sorta."

"Using 'sorta' twice. Very ambiguous."

"It's a 'below the iceberg' thing. You wouldn't get it."

We laughed.

Lucky was amazed. "You're really sitting well with knowing there's more out there. I'm surprised. Most mortals break down in some way."

I shrugged. "You could say . . . this is what I've been looking for."

"A new dimension? That's oddly specific."

I shook my head. "Not that, silly. Just . . . excitement. Believe it or not, being a college student isn't all that eventful, especially when you're a loner like me. But today . . .  Today has been the funnest day of my life, even if I may end up losing an eye. And I have you to thank for that, Lucky."

He simpered. "Well, you were pretty good company too. Definitely not part of the ninety-nine percent—you know, the morons."

"Why, thank you. That's very nice to hear, even if it is coming from a floppy-eared prick."

"Wanna go, mortal?"

I leaned back and groaned, "I do hope we find something soon; otherwise, I'm gonna lose my mind staring into all this nothing."

The rabbit mimicked his friend's gesture.

"Agreed."

Just then, something dark began to peek through the fog.

Hm? Funny how life works. What a nice coincidence.

But as the object increased in size, and its details became clearer, the animatronic's elation faded.

"You okay?" B asked. "You look scared."

No answer, save the grabbing of his axe.

"L?"

"Reeeeee! Reeeeeeeeee!"

Like hunters, they swooped in—monstrous bats twice the size of Lucky. Their wings flapped wildly, their talons sharp as saliva dribbled down their lower jaws.

"B, get down!" the rabbit ordered, standing tall.

A warning too late, for before the girl could even blink, one of the beasts gripped her body and yanked her into the sea.

"B!"

Only a second later did Lucky the Rabbit endure the same fate, overwhelmed by the savagery.

*  *  *

Sheeng!

Sheeng!

Sheeng!

Like cockroaches, the noise burrowed into my eardrums, smothering me with unease as fatigue dirtied my blood. Nonetheless, I nudged my consciousness, gently opening my sole good eye.

Blurry at first.

A few blinks.

Clarity,

letting me soak in the decrepit room I resided in. Chipped cement made up the walls and floor, illuminated by torn paper lanterns hung from the ceiling.

Towards the far end, a line of sparks snapped into the air, accompanied by the sheeng! which shook me senseless.

"Hmmm . . . ?" my weakened voice whispered.

Before the incandescent particles, a figure settled atop a stool, sharpening some sort of dagger. But as my call squirmed across the space, he quit with his craft, turning his head to latch onto me his glowing saffron eyes.

At the same time, a familiar set of vocal cords scurried to me.

"B."

I spun my focus to the remarkable bunny trapped to the neighboring wall, his body pinned to an iron chair as his arms and legs had restraints wrapped around.

I, on the other hand, had no manacles, sitting on the ground freely.

"Lucky?" I groaned.

"Excellent. You're finally awake."

The third of the group lifted himself up, flaunting his alpine height and wiry yet bulky frame. An android, he appeared as, his steel body dressed in a red cloak as his head donned a skeletal physique.

"We can now begin the discussion."

His voice had with it a sort of authority, as if he had been born to lash out commands.

"W-Who are you?" I asked.

"You don't need to know his name, B," Lucky growled. "All you need to know is that he's a dead man." He shook his limbs to no avail.

The mysterious man chuckled.

"Funny," he said. "You spent the last two hours watching me without uttering a syllable, but as soon as your partner comes to, you wanna throw around some flimsy bravado."

He approached Lucky, grabbing the rabbit by the ears as he pressed his dagger against my partner's throat.

"You watch your tone, boy. If I wanted it, you'd already be dead."

My companion grimaced, his irritation searing as he complied.

The stars of the mystery aligned.

"You're the one who took us," I said. "You're the one who sent us to that place."

"If by 'that place,' you mean my soul, then you are correct," the puppeteer said. "In fact, we're still here. Just have to deal with the final loose end—you two—before I can return to the tangible world."

"Y-Your soul? Loose end? What are you talking about?"

"I suppose it'd make more sense to give you the whole picture."

He stepped towards me and crouched, polluting me with anxiety.

"Don't you touch her!" Lucky hissed.

The puppeteer ignored him.

"The name is Revenant," he told me, "and I have been wronged. I spent the entirety of my life searching for the line between life and death, sacrificing more than you could ever possibly imagine. But in the end, I suppose my pain was justified, because I found my answer. I found the place which set me beyond the pinnacle of my beings. And would you like to know what that got me?" Hatred bloomed from his glare. "Scorn. Resentment. The Lunar Princess herself made sure I was the villain. Made sure I would be the subject of endless ridicule, all because of her sickening envy."

"Lunar Princess?" Lucky asked. "Y-You're from the East?"

"Was," Revenant corrected. "Lady Ranni had me exiled when she realized my progress wouldn't slow. She tried to take everything from me, even going so far as to seal my artifact within me."

Pinned to his waist was the foreign skull from the pyramid.

"She made sure I would never surpass her again. What she failed to realize was how far malice could drive one's ambitions. I searched and searched for the one who would be able to overcome the obstacles placed for me"—he turned to Lucky—"and that was when I found you. You had everything I needed: the talent; the drive; the narcissism. You never once believed you would fail, and I took advantage of that the best I could."

My rabbit broke down, violated by the emotions stirring within him.

"Repulsive, isn't it?" Revenant asked. "Being used."

Back to me: "You were an extra cog in the machine, mortal, but I suppose it worked out regardless. Thanks to you two, I have found my greatest self. Because of you, I can now eradicate the East. I will obliterate that Division atom to atom, and from the ashes, I will build the foundation for my grand ideal."

"Which is . . . ?"

He didn't flinch. "Becoming the pinnacle of all creations."

I shivered.

"But enough about my vision," Revenant said. "I'm here now to settle this loose end. I cannot begin to express my gratitude for what you have achieved. However, since you've been inside my soul, you may very well know the pieces of me I prefer to keep buried. Because of that, I cannot let you walk free. But I am a generous, generous individual. So, I'll make this simple."

He waved his blade. "I'm going to kill one of you. As for the other, I'll make you my little servant who answers to my every command. The question is, who gets which luxury?"

I didn't hesitate.

"Kill me."

Lucky drowned in horror. "W-What are you talking about?"

"If you have to take"—I struggled to my feet—"then take from me."

Revenant studied me, trying to find faults in my expression.

"A facade?" he guessed.

I shook my head. "Acceptance."

"What are you talking about!?" Lucky hissed. "Neither of us are dying, B! I'm gonna get you out of here!"

"While I commend your optimism, I find it rather misplaced." Revenant smothered us with his presence. "This is my reality, not yours."

My rabbit went silent.

"It's okay, Lucky," I told him. "I'm ready to die."

"How can you say that? You're not some old lady! You still have so much to see!"

"No. I already told you: I found what I was looking for." A tear dripped down my cheek. "I was searching for it for so long, to the point where I wondered if it even existed. But then you came along, and you showed me what it meant to truly be alive. You broke me free of the loop, proved to me that the world was more than just black and gray." I smiled. "You gave me a reason to be happy, Lucky, and I couldn't be more thankful."

I'll die today so that you can find a way out tomorrow. For what you've given me, I like to think that's a fair trade.

"Admirable," Revenant praised. "You're not like the mortals I'm used to. I'll be sure to treat your bunny boy with the respect he is owed, in accordance with your bravery."

I narrowed my eye. "You won't get long with him, 'cause Lucky will find a way out. He will take you down."

"Debatable." The puppeteer lurched forward, coiling his fingers around my neck. "But I suppose you'll just have to watch from the great beyond now, won't you?" 

Am I gonna go through this again?

Am I gonna have to watch someone I care about be killed in front of me once more?

The scene never fled from his memories, haunting his dreams night after night.

"I just want you to shut up and watch."

I couldn't do a single thing.

Even now, I can't protect what's most important to me.

I was all about change, yet I hadn't evolved. Not in the slightest.

If you're not gonna do anything, Lucky, then why the hell are you even here!?

Another memory,

only this one, he had kept locked away, for its freedom would confirm the reality he found himself in.

*  *  *

"Doesn't look like I have much time."

"Don't say that," he begged, laying beside his teammate. "You're gonna make it out of this."

"There's a difference between optimism and naiveté, Lucky. You and I know both know where this road leads to."

Despite being nothing more than a machine, he had tears leaking from his eyes.

"So, you can cry," she joked. "I thought you were all about the 'tough guy' cliché."

"Don't leave me. Please."

"Sorry, but I don't get much say in this one. I will, however, give you something, passed down to me by my own second heart."

Weakly, she brought her paw to his face, and like a pleasant mist, her scarlet drifted into his gaze.

"Lucky, this is the best me," she said. "Use it. Use it so that no one else will have to go through the same things as us."

"But if I use this, then that'll mean you're really gone. I don't want that."

She chuckled. "You moron. I'll never actually be gone." A claw, right to the heart. "This'll be my forever home."

*  *  *

I have to move forward.

Something fierce burned in his core, hot enough to melt his circuits.

I have to go beyond.

A newfound strength, fueling his every iota.

I have to evolve!

For you!

His restraints held no candle to his conviction.

Revenant cocked back his dagger, aiming it at my temple.

"One of the better mortals," he said, "but in the end, all the same. No more than mere cattle."

I closed my eye and savored my final breath.

I had my thrill.

WHAM!

With the force of a Titan, the puppeteer was shot to the side, tumbling to the ground as his dagger flew from his reach.

Next thing I knew, my rabbit had me in his embrace, holding me tight as his eyes glimmered with crimson.

"You're not touching a hair on her head," he growled.

From me, a sob and a whisper. "L-Lucky . . ."

He squeezed me harder. "I won't let you go."

Revenant recovered, unfazed.

"I don't know how you acquired such a form," he said, "but if you think you've finally turned the tides, you're sorely mistaken." He grabbed hold of his artifact. "I already told you: I found the realm between life and death. There, I am untouchable."

The menace crushed his artifact to bits, transforming the metal of his body into layers of tangible shadows.

"But I suppose this will be a learning experience," he said. "I'll teach you right now how to be my obedient dog."

"No one's gonna be your mutt," Lucky growled. "We're getting out of here."

His bravery bold, the rabbit rushed to our foe, his speed divine as he delivered a wave of fierce punches.

With each hit, chunks of Revenant's body crumbled, only to reform immediately after.

"It's pointless," he chided. "I've elevated to a plane beyond your understanding. You're no different from the insects I stomp on."

"I don't care if I'm an insect or a damn gust of air!" Lucky howled. "I'm taking that girl home!"

My heart twitched.

Lucky . . .

He's doing everything he can for me.

I can't let him go alone!

That was when the dagger of before slipped into my focus.

Wham!

Revenant bashed away the rabbit, blasting him to the room's far end.

"Know your place," the fiend demanded.

He stepped closer.

"Get away from him!"

From the meager mortal, a thrust forward and shing!

With ease, the menace's own weapon dug into his body.

And he felt it.

"W-What . . . ?" Revenant gasped. "You . . . affected me? You? A no-good excuse for cattle!?"

Furious, my foe lurched towards me, ready to devour.

Wham!

Wham! Wham! Wham!

My knight, Lucky hurled himself back into the fray, firing off his ferocious fists, which now seemed to do actual damage.

Revenant backed away, stunned.

"Impossible . . ." he uttered. "I'm the ideal. I own the peak! How am I getting beaten by riffraff!?"

"We're more than just the riffraff," Lucky said. "Maybe if you weren't such a narcissist yourself, you would've noticed."

"I refuse to accept this outcome!"

The shadows of Revenant's body glitched, lashing out like tentacles as they sliced up the walls. In the process, his dagger flew out of his person, landing at the heroic duo's side.

"I will claim what I am owed!"

Lucky picked up the blade, right as his own body suffered from the damage both in and out.

Sh*t! I'm already almost out of juice. How the hell did Jenna keep this form up for so long?

I think this dagger might be the key, but I don't know if I'll have enough momentum to drive it in a second time.

A gift—a set of dainty fingers lay on the blade's handle.

Beside him, his precious mortal smiled.

"Together," she said. "Rise or fall, we do it together."

The bunny returned the expression.

"Right."

They shared the weapon's grasp, and with their hearts set ablaze, they thrust forward.

Revenant's shadows drove them away, but the duo persisted, biting back.

You know, B, you also gave me something.

Because of you, I finally remember what it's like to truly cherish someone again.

Thank you for that.

I also would like to thank you . . . for giving me someone else to fall in love with.

They roared their mighty roar, fought with every fiber of their actuality—efforts which were rewarded, for their struggles ended with the blade piercing Revenant's chest.

He screamed, thrashed about, but the damage had already sunk in, and like a star exploding, his being burst into hundreds upon thousands of particles.

Instantly, the cement around Lucky and B crumbled. But before they could fall victim to a collapse, they teleported back to the woods of the mortal dimension. The morning sun barely peeked over the horizon as a soothing zephyr kissed them lovingly.

Peace had returned to their domain.

"Is it . . .  Is it over?" I asked.

"Yeah," Lucky answered. "I think it is."

"That's good . . .  That's . . . very good."

No warning, my consciousness faded, and everything went black.

"B!"

Two weeks later . . .

    I was found lying near the front of the university, with many—my parents included—thinking I'd been mugged on account of my injuries. Either that or the other dark alternatives.

Luckily, I hadn't suffered anything life-changing, aside from now having to wear glasses since, you know, my eye got jacked up. Not blind, though! And the eye itself looks normal enough.

Before I knew it, I was back in the loop of the same old, same old, the bore of college life slapping me in the face once again.

I did have a way out, that being a certain dirt path.

Ever since what happened, however, I'd been reluctant to go back. Not that I didn't wanna meet a peculiar bunny dude once more, but rather, I didn't wanna go there just to find nothing, because if it turned out the path never changed, that I'd actually been hallucinating the entire time, then that thrill which gave me purpose would turn out to be hollow, and I wasn't sure I could handle such a truth.

In the end, though, I gave in, taking the detour from my dorm room.

A few steps in.

Nothing.

Then, "Are all mortals this moronic?"

I smiled, spotting my favorite bunny.

"After all you've been through, you still decide to show up," he pointed out. "Talk about insane."

A shrug. "I guess I'm just that kind of girl."

"I see you've got glasses now. So, instead of two dumb eyes, you have four now. Congrats, I think?"

I sniffed. "You, on the other hand, still have that stench of 'loser' on you, so . . ."

We laughed,

before my rabbit got all shy on me.

"So, um, got any plans right now? 'Cause that café I mentioned before is having a deal right now and—"

I didn't let him finish.

"I'd love to."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

77 0 2
An independent woman with a passion for writing and painting. That's who Sophie was to everyone who knew her. After college, she came back to her hom...
128K 3K 18
▪▪▪ °ᴡɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ ᴀғᴛᴏɴ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ° [reader is female] ▪▪▪ - You won! Silence. - Hey, I'm talking to you! Yes, you! Come on, look at me! I'm finally turni...
83.3K 2.2K 10
bunch of Fundy x Dream oneshots. requests are always open. I dont know how to write romance because I am forever alone so please go easy on me
546K 10.4K 37
Do you ever just play Dead By Daylight and think to yourself, "dang, I wish I could date this person. Too bad they're a fictional character" or, "hol...