Who Am I? • Genshin Impact x...

By LuckiiMe

!READER GENDER IS FEMALE! ...sorry! She who travelled the stars in search of one thing and that alone only, h... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE (+ INTRODUCTION)
PROLOGUE
0.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
X. (Part Two)
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV
XXV.

XVI.

2.8K 146 24
By LuckiiMe

Did you know I already have Inazuma arc written? Me neither!

"Keeping a very docile form for a grade such as you?" A being with a blurred face yet her — were shown blaring through questioned as she kept her body mid-air while staring down at the latter below

She kept her eyes at her, no expression was shown on her face but she were boiling down inside. "Apologies, but I am not aware of what you are trying to point out..your.." The crouching lass stared at her directly in the eyes only to look down as she could feel something off, enough to make her puke out all those anger.

'Now where the hell am I?' You opened your eyes and found yourself in a vast land, there were only a very few human structure to be seen but you are still far from the eyes of them, enough to not be seen.

You directed your eyes to what was happening infront of you. You started hearing ringing in your ears as you slowly approached the two figures. One was awfully familiar, the one was... Very odd but it gave you a sickening pit in your stomach. It felt like the woman mid-air was giving out an aura not even archons could match.

You approached the crouching female and tried touching her shoulder only for your hand to....go past it?

"Seems that I have overestimated you. —"

Before you could even hear the name of the crouching girl, you experienced that intense ringing in your ears once more. You once again looked back at the girl, she seemed to be shaking, from what..?

Coming into conclusion that you're somehow in your ghost form, which surprisingly didn't affect you much to rattle your mind (you knew panicking wouldn't solve anything.)

"Rise." The creature made a gesture for the latter and soon, she stood up, still unable to look the goddess directly in the eyes.

You could feel a gush of wind behind you making you look back and noticed that the floating humanoid creature had set herself on the grassy field slowly making her way...towards you? No, the latter. You looked back to the girl and saw drops of cold sweat on her forehead but her stoic expression remained.

The goddess took the female's chin and forced her to look up. Those —  eyes once again, they all felt too familiar. She caressed the cheeks of the latter who seemed to ease up a little, enough to hold the hand of the intimidating figure.

"You who bloomed from me, all I seek is your loyalty." Slap!

As if you're the one getting slapped, you felt a stinging pain on your cheek. You held the swollen cheek and looked at the both of them. You tried getting a closer look to the person who just got slapped, you thought she seemed familiar that shared your face but...no. Seems that you were mistaken.

Her face was blurred yes, but her eyes were of different color and so was her figure, she was a lot taller than you but shorter than the goddess.

"..I was wrong..I was careless. I will not make the same mistakes once again, As—"

Your eyes once again fluttered open. You were met with the radiant yellow eyes different from before. Are those...Zhongli's...!?

"Woah!" You sat ap abruptly almost headbutting the person looking over you.

Zhongli didn't speak a word but you sure were confused as to what happened. Earlier you were out hunting the silhouette, then near a river, then now on a bench with Zhongli while you fell asleep on his lap.

"You fell asleep the moment we sat down here after finding the stones. Are you well rested?" He took out a yellow rock and handed it to you. You were confused, the rock seemed bigger but where is the other one?

"If you don't mind me asking, have you seen where the other one is?" Zhongli shook his head, "It seems that the other rock was lost, it disappeared the moment you fell asleep." He muttered.

You fell silent, 'Dang, I really liked that rock..' You stared at the rock between your index and thumb end. You remembered Zhongli trying to piece them together earlier and they look exactly the same except that theres no crack. You looked back at Zhongli who looked at you innocently.

"You didn't...paste them together? Did you?" Zhongli shook his head, "No." Ofcourse, he kept his answer short.

You slumped on the bench after putting the rock securely on your pocket. "Well, that sucks. I guess we'll have to wait for Lumine and Paimon."

"So it seems ..."

Zhongli took a quick glance at your from his peripheral vision.

Earlier...

Zhongli observed the rocks on his hand. He was convinced these aren't normal rocks, especially from what you've told him that a silhouette lead you to it. He trusts you even if.....you were a complete stranger to him.

The moment he felt you twitch, the gems felt a little warmer, even to the point her could practically feel it burning. His eyebrows furrowed from the sting, he had to lay it down on the floor and observed the stones. He blinked and saw the rocks have emerged into one.

He carefully picked the rock up and observed it, it was no longer hot, it was rather cold despite it's inceeasing temperature.

That is when he felt you stir awake. That he decided to put the rocks on his pockets and watch you open your eyes.

Currently...

"Hey! We're back!" Paimon called out waving. You looked the heavily disheveled traveler right next to her who was clearly, obviously all over the place.

".. Well she looks nice.. " You mumbled under your breath which was then back up by Zhongli's chuckle.

You felt Zhongli stood up so you did. As Lumine saw you approaching, she immediately combed her hair with her fingers and removing some leaves that got stuck in her hair from using her anemo powers. She coughed to clear her throat and gave you a big smile.

"So, how was the time with Mr. Zhongli?" You rose your eyebrows and pursed your lips while nodding, "Surprisingly good... Uhh." You turned your head around to Zhongli who remained his gaze at you. You turned back to Lumine who kept her smile.

"Except for the silence." Lumine laughed.

Lumine looked at Zhongli and nodded. He seemed to understand the message and followed the path back to the merchant place.

The merchant had noticed all your presence and greeted you with open arms, "You're back, good friends! I've kept the goods for you."

Lumine exhaled and pointed the third Noctiluous Jade, "The third one, good sir." She smiled. The merchant remained silent but nodded.

"If it may not be so rude, whatever do you need these top-quality Noctiluous Jade for?" Zhongli looked at Lumine who just nodded.

"I suppose it wouldn't to say. These are for Rex Lapis himself. The implements for the Rite of Parting."

The merchant's mouth was left agape, he blinked and shut his mouth. "I... So it really did happen." He rubbed his eyebrows and left out a sigh.

"If it is really for our Lord, I shall sell this to you at half the price.

'People and their loyalty to their Archons' You rolled your eyes and turned your back at him with your arms crossed.

"Uhh, are you sure? Earlier you didn't even want to give us an inch." Paimon rebuked, glaring in confusion. The merchant just gave her a hearty laugh.

"If it's not for our Lord's protection, this city wouldn't exist."

"Aww.. I'm sure Rex Lapis will feel your sentiment, boss."

Zhongli gave a small smile, "Liyue is in the safe hands of Liyue Qixing and good honest merchant such as yourself. I believe that Liyue will continue to prosper as it always has done."

"Alright, alright. Let's not get ourselves down just yet." Lumine interrupted.

The merchant could feel his eyes brimming with tears so he looked down. "Thank you, my friends.. Hah, what's up with me being all sentimental, I might as well just give out all my fortunes." He laughed.

"Well then, now that we've made our choice, let us take this Noctiluous Jades back."

Paimon noticed Zhongli about to walk away from the stall so she flew infront of Zhongli with a glare. "Hey! He said half the price! Not that we could get it without paying!"

"Oh, right, apologies.." Zhongli proceeded to feel his pockets. He paused and felt more but he couldn't feel a single jingle of Mora.

He sighed, "As I thought.." You looked at him, confused. "No Mora?" Lumine sighed and shrugged her shoulders.

"I didn't bring any Mora."

Lumine furrowed her eyebrows, she knew what Zhongli said but she looked at you confused, "You can understand him?" You shook your head. "No! No I can't. It's quite common to feel around your pockets if you're lacking money." You shrugged while avoiding her gaze.

"My apologies, another oversight on my part."

"Yeah you sure do care about the value of money." Lumine rose an eyebrow while slowly walking towards  Zhongli while eyeing him up and down.

"Ooohh.. This won't do.. " Paimon frowned as she stared at the rocks. Lumine's face lit up and pulled out a sack of Mora that seemingly came out of nowhere making you look at her questioningly.

"Welp, I have these from Childe." Lumine smirked as she jingled the mora. You looked at Zhongli from the corner of your eyes and saw that he did the same. He only gave you a small smile before looking back to the merchant.

"Well then, that should do it. Let's take this to the Yujing Terrace. That's where we plan to hold the rite." Paimon put her knuckles on her hips and glared at the man. "Look at you bossing everyone around! You didn't even cough up a single mora! Hmp!"

"Well, there's always a Childe who's more than willing to give us Mora." Lumine shrugged. Zhongli nodded at the response which didn't help Paimon purify her fury.

"Ugh! Don't encourage him!" Paimon rebuked.

You snorted a laugh making them look at you, Paimon and Lumine with confusion but Zhongli with amusement.

"No, no, it's nothing. Where are we heading off to anyways? You guys just kept on walking without me."

Lumine's mouth formed an 'o' and nodded slowly while giving you a nervous smile. "I forgot, sorry."

"All offense taken."

"We're heading off to Yujing Terrace. Come on, I think we have more to go."

Lumine grabbed you by your wrist and smiled warmly at you. You smiled back and nodded.

Zhongli seemed to eye you with expressions unknown but his smile never left his face as he watched the three of you walking to the area of destination.

———

Bad day+Haggard

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 1.6K 35
Lumine is forced to go back to Liyue after a little accident in Inazuma. She stays under the care of Zhongli and during her stay there, a certain red...
15K 451 15
♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥  ❝MY LOVE FOR YOU IS BIGGER THAN A FIREWORK!❞ ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥  (𝘠𝘰𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘺𝘢 𝘹 𝘨𝘯!𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳) ☽˚⁀➷ When an Inazuman who lived in Mondstad...
240K 8.3K 30
you're holding me and holding back. | 暗黙の a scaramouche x reader au where you experience your first heartbreak. as you try to move on just like any...
4.8K 173 12
"That throne in the sky is not reserved for you." MONDSTADT The dragon who defended Mondstadt for a millennium finally faces his perturbation. What d...