A Mutant In A Bender's World...

By Avacomix

A Young Firebending boy has floated towards the Southern Water tribe on an Ice Berg, and was taken in by the... More

Book 1 Ch 1: The Mutant
Info
Book 1 Ch 2: The Wolverine
Book 1 Ch 3: The Avatar in Republic City
Book 1 Ch 4: The Burnt Leaf
Book 1 Ch 5: This is Where the Fun Begins
Book 1 Ch 6: His Rage
Book 1 Ch 7: I've Been Wanting To Do That Since I Met You
Book 1 Ch 8: Guess I'll Die
Book 1 Ch 9: The Ice Box and a New Mutant
Book 1 Ch 10: Bringer of Vibranium
Book 1 Ch 11: Rough Reunion
Book 1 Ch 12: The Child
Book 1 Ch 13: Reunited
Book 2 Character Info
Book 2 Ch 1: Back to the Ice Box
Book 2 Ch 2: Laura Kinney
Book 2 Ch 3: Family Reunion
Book 2 Ch 4: Bhanti Island
Book 2 Ch 5: Annus Sabah Nur, Guardian of Peace
Book 2 Ch 6: Reunited And It Feels So Good
WOW! ANOTHER ANNOUNCMENT! WHAT A SURPRISE!

Book 1 Ch 14: The Final Showdown

1K 34 6
By Avacomix

"I was prepared to deal with Sato's Mecha-Tanks, but not these new High-Speed Aircraft."  Iroh said as Korra healed his arm.

"I know.  Every time we think we have an advantage, Amon outsmarts us."  Korra said.

"No matter what our plan is, he always has a better one."  Bolin said.

"Amon is winning so far, but we're not out of the fight just yet."  Iroh said, returning Bolin's energy.

"I like this man's confidence.  So, how are we not out of the fight?"  Bolin asked as Iroh stood up.

"A second wave of reinforcements is on the way, but I need to warn them.  Y/N said you guys had a way to get a message out."  Iroh said, to which Y/N nodded.

"We've got you covered.  Come with me."  Y/N said to the group.

"And who is the recipient of this top secret message my friend?"  Gommu asked Y/N, setting up his Telegraph.

"My Uncle, Commander Bumi.  Seconds Division of the United Forces."  Y/N said, to which Iroh nodded.

"Tenzin's brother?"  Korra asked.

"Yes.  A bit of a wild man.  But the bravest commander you'll ever meet."  Iroh said, to which Y/N would recall the good times he had with him.

"Ready Sir!"  Gommu said, ready to send the message.

"Fleet ambushed and destroyed by Equalist  Aircraft.  Retreat to Red Sand Island until my signal.  Do not approach City until you receive the All-Clear."  Iroh said, as Gommu sent the message.

"Now comes the hard part."  Iroh said, laying out a map.

"We need to ground those Aircraft.  Otherwise, Bumi's fleet will never be able to retake the city."  Iroh said as Mako approached the map.

"They flew in from this direction.  The Airfield must be somewhere over this mountain range."  Mako said, pointing to the mountain.

"Ruining that beautiful part of land with their evil weapons.  I'm gonna enjoy watching that place get destroyed."  Y/N said with a smile, to which Iroh nodded.

"Everyone get ready.  We leave at dawn."  Iroh said, as everyone started walking outside.

"It's time to take down my father."  Asami said, to which Y/N nodded as he picked up Alisa.

"It's time to take them all down."  Y/N said with determination, as Asami smile in agreement.

As they were all walking out, Korra stopped and looked at the group for a few seconds, and began speaking.

"Wait.  I'm sorry, but I'm not going with you tomorrow."  Korra said, to everyone's surprise.

"What?"  Mako asked.

"Why not?"  Asami asked.

"I'm sick and tired of hiding from Amon.  It's time face him."  Korra said with an angry expression.

"That's not a good plan.  We need to stick together."  Iroh said walking forward.

"I'm not waiting for him to hunt me down.  My guts telling me it's time to end it this time.  On my terms."  Korra said, showing no sign of changing her mind.

"Korra, this is not a mission you should be handling alone."  Iroh said.

"She won't be.  I'm going with you."  Mako said, walking forward.

"You don't have to do that."  Korra said.

"Yes, I do."  Mako said, confusing Y/N.

'Make up your mind already!  I'm so confused!  Is it Asami or Korra!  Pick one and work with it!'  Y/N internally screamed, making Alisa flinch.

"Try and not shout that out."  Alisa whispered.

"I don't know what your-  You can read my mind.  We need to talk about this when we have time."  Y/N said, in too much of a mood to feel incredibly shocked.

"And don't anyone worry.  I'm coming along as well."  Y/N said with a determined smile.

"Now that's not a good plan.  It's best to keep the numbers as low as possible.  You should go with them.  Besides, I'm still not 100% sure if I can trust you."  Mako said, annoying Y/N.

"I've had enough of your self centered attitude.  If you think the numbers should be low, feel free to stay back with these guys.  Korra wants to defeat Amon.  I'll be the one to kill him, along with Tarrlok.  If you wanna stop me, go right ahead and try."  Y/N said with a somewhat sadistic grin.

"And I would suggest not to get on Y/N's bad side.  He has the strongest Fire Bending I have ever seen.  It's as if he's a member of the royal family or something."  Iroh said,

"Yeah, your talking to the Grandson of Azula."  Y/N said, causing everyone to pause, but then break out into laughter.

After a few seconds of laughter, they realized he was telling the truth.

"Wait, your serious?"  Iroh asked, to which Y/N nodded.

"It's too much to explain at the moment, I'll explain later.  Are you gonna let us go stop Amon or not?"  Y/N asked, to which Iroh began to think.

"My grandfather would respect the Avatar's instinct.  So will I."  Mako said, making Y/N smile.

"And when we get back, I'll tell you all about our relation cous."  Y/N said, walking away to get ready.

And so the next day, the group began saying their goodbyes, while Y/N said goodbye to Alisa and Gommu, who was crying.

"Why are you crying Gom?"  Y/N asked.

"*Sniff* Just seeing you all grown up and fighting by the Avatar's side.  You got revenge on those that killed Mushi, now go avenge Genji."  He said, hugging Y/N.

"I will, and I'll take his mask as a trophy."  Y/N said with a smile, but with also slight tears.

"Will you come back for me?"  Alisa asked, as Y/N leaned down to her height.

"Of course I will.  We're family now.  Plus, we still need to work on those powers of yours.  I'll come back as soon as I get Amon and Tarrlok."  He said with a smile, to which she smiled back as she hugged him.

"Hey Y/N.  Can I talk with you for a sec?"  Mako asked, to which Y/N walked over to him hesitantly.

"What's up?"  Y/N asked.

"Listen.  I know I'm coming off as a jerk to you, but I want you to understand that the only reason I am is because I've very rarely seen you as the good guy.  The more big events I've seen you participate in was joining the equalists, killing Zolt, crashing a party, attempting to kill Tarrlok, which now is more justifiable, attempting to kill one of his guards, and then killing one of his guards.  So, honestly I don't know what to make of you."  Mako said, in a more calm voice.

"I'll tell you what to make of me.  'I'm full of surprises.' should clear it up nicely.  Just know that I am ultimately on Korra's side.  Whether that's good or bad doesn't matter, just know that."  Y/N said, patting him on the back.

As Y/N made some last minute preparations, he overheard Mako talking with Asami, about how much he cared for her.

'You know what.  Good for him.'  Y/N thought, only realizing that Alisa was listening.

"If you keep that to yourself, I'll make you the nicest food you have ever had."  Y/N said.

"Deal."  Alisa instantly said.

And so, the two groups spilt up and went on their ways.  Korra, Y/N and Mako began walking through the Sewers, and once they got outside, Korra used Waterbending to walk under the ocean.  Once they got to the Airbender's Island, they all put their Equalist masks on.

"There's Amon."  Korra said, looking at Amon entering the Airship.

"We need to get into the temple.  Then, when he returns . . ."  Mako said.

"We ambush him."  Korra finished.

"And kill him."  Y/N said, starting to concern the two.

"That's only an exaggeration of how much your gonna want to beat him up, right?"  Korra asked.

"No, I'm hoping to rip his throat out.  Now, I know the island, and I know Equalists.  Follow my lead."  Y/N said, not letting them say anything else about the matter.

The trio made their way towards the Temple, before being stopped by the Lieutenant.

"What are you three doing here?"  He asked, causing Korra and Mako to turn around.

"We, uh, we were just transferred."  Mako said, to which Korra nodded.

"Well your getting transferred again.  Amon wants extra security at the arena tonight."  He said, perking their interest.

"The Arena?  For what?"  Mako asked.

"The Rally.  You should have been briefed about this."  The Lieutenant said.

"We'll be there sir, bright eyed and bushy tailed."  Y/N said, putting on a different voice, to which the Lieutenant decided was legit, and left.

"I know another way in."  Korra whispered to Mako.

"The trap door in the wall?"  Y/N asked, to which Korra nodded.

The three made their way inside, and went to hide out in the attic.  But when they got up there, they noticed they weren't alone.

"Eh, we're not alone up here."  Mako said, making Y/N and Korra looked where he was looking.

"Tarrlok?"  Korra asked, as they all took off their masks.

"I don't suppose your here to rescue me."  Tarrlok said, making Y/N smile.

"We came here to hide.  Man, I was really worried about you man.  I was afraid they went and killed you."  Y/N said in a friendly voice.

"You were?  After what happened that night, I thought you would have wanted me killed."  Tarrlok said.

"Oh I do."  Y/N said with a smile.

"Ah.  I see.  You came along to kill me."  Tarrlok said in defeat.

"That's half the plan.  Let's get this door open shall we?"  Y/N said in an excited voice.

"Wait, Y/N.  Are there other prisoners on this island?"  Korra asked.

"No, I'm the only one."  Tarrlok said.

"And what makes you so special?"  Korra asked.

"I'm Amon's brother."  Tarrlok said, looking at them with seriousness in his eyes, shocking Korra and Mako, but only surprising Y/N.

"Amon is from the Northern Water Tribe.  He's a Waterbender and a Bloodbender, just like I was."  Tarrlok said, surprising Y/N even more with the news of him losing his bending.

"Did you know this all along?"  Mako asked.

"No, not until after he captured me."  Tarrlok said.

"How did your brother end up becoming Amon?"  Korra asked.

"It all began with my father."  Tarrlok started to explain.

Tarrlok went on to explain the story of how he and his brother learned Bloodbending, and how Amon became the man he was today.  The young writer watch the scene a couple of times and decided not to bother writing it all down because he would have to rewatch the fricken clip all over, and he was simply not in the mood.

"That's one of the saddest stories I've ever heard."  Korra said.

"It's not as bad as Y/N's.  Avatar Korra, Y/N, I am truly sorry for all that I did to you.  I thought I was better than my father, but his ghost still shaped me.  I became a soldier of revenge, just like he wanted me to be.  And so did my brother.  The revolution may be built on a lie, but I think Amon truly believes bending is the source of all evil in the world."  Tarrlok said and apologized, not making any difference in Y/N's plans.

"How did you find out that Amon was your brother?"  Mako asked.

"When he tool my bending, the sensation was somehow familiar.  I later recognized it as my brothers Bloodbending grip."  Tarrlok said.

"Hmm, he uses Bloodbending to take other peoples bending.  That could be useful."  Y/N thought out loud.

"I don't know how he does it, but then again, I've never encountered a Bender as strong as Noatak."  Tarrlok said, looking down.

"How in the world do we beat him?"  Korra said, Y/N looking slightly offended for forgetting his power.

"We can't.  Any attack we throw at him, he'll redirect with his mind.  That's how he's been able to challenge any bender."  Mako said, further adding insult to Y/N's injury.

"So much for our ambush.  If we stay here we're toast.  But there's another way to beat him."  Korra said in a more happier tone, making Y/N feel more included as she realized that he could beat h-

"This whole time, Amon has been one step ahead of us.  But finally, we have the advantage.  We know the truth about him."  Korra began.

'And we have Y/N!  The Greatest and most powerful person I have ever met.  One punch from him will kill 100 Amon's in the blink of an eye!'  Y/N thought to himself.

"If we expose him as a bender in front of all his supporters . . ."  Korra said, Mako realizing where she's going with this.

"At the rally."  Mako realized.

"We could take away his true power."  Korra said.

'As Y/N stands triumphantly with Amon's head in his hand, while he uses his new stolen Waterbending to lift Amon's body among the former benders!'  Y/N thought, wishing that's how his power worked.

"And undermine this whole revolution!"  Mako said.

"Thank you for your help."  Korra said to Tarrlok, who nodded and looked to Y/N, knowing what's going to happen next.

"You don't plan on still killing him, do you?"  Korra asked.

"Tell me Tarrlok.  And don't lie to me, it will only make it worse.  Did you, or did you not, kill Genji and Zeelin?"  Y/N asked, making Tarrlok look down in shame.

"That's what I thought.  Tell me.  Why did you do it?"  Y/N asked, making Tarrlok look up.

"I did what I thought I needed to do to get you to join.  I thought she was holding you back from reaching your true potential, and stopping you from joining us.  I only killed the old man because he tried to stop me, for obvious reasons."  Tarrlok said, thinking of the dark night.

Y/N looked at him for a moment.

"I don't want to give you the satisfaction of living.  But, I also can't have anyone knowing we were here.  So, when this is all over, and when I've killed Amon, I want you to pray that my anger had somewhat subsided to the point of not wanting to kill anyone else.  Do you understand?"  Y/N asked, to Tarrlok nodded.

"Good.  Come on guys.  Let's go finish this."  Y/N said, clearly in a worst mood than he was before.

And so, the three made their way to the rally, with Y/N hiding in the Shadows.  After some waiting, Amon showed up, causing everyone to cheer for him, and began his usual monologue of his fake past, but was quickly interrupted by Korra.

"That's a lie Amon!"  Korra called, removing her mask.

"Or should we call you Noatak?"  Korra asked.

"You want her taken out?"  The Lieutenant asked.

"No.  Everyone calm down.  We have nothing to fear from the Avatar.  Let's hear what she has to say."  Amon said, as everyone began to quiet down.

"Amon has been lying to you.  The Spirits didn't give him the power to take peoples bending away.  He uses Bloodbending to do it.  Amon is a Waterbender!"  Korra called out, making the crowd go into an uproar of confusion.

"What's this all about?"  The Lieutenant asked.

"Your desperate Avatar.  Making up stories about me is a pathetic last resort."  Amon said, somewhat quieting the audience.

"Your family wasn't killed by a Firebender.  His father was Yakone, and his brother, is councilman Tarrlok."  Korra said, making the crowd confused again, and make the Lieutenant suspicious of the man.

"An amusing tale.  But I will show you the truth."  Amon said with a chuckle, removing his mask.

When he removed his mask, it showed that the majority of his face was scarred, shocking the crowd and Korra and Mako.  But Y/N knew something was up with that scar.

"This is what a Firebender did to me."  Amon said, showing the crowd his face, before returning his mask to said face.

"The Avatar is lying!"

"I'm telling you, he's a Waterbender!  They don't believe me, it didn't work."  Korra said in a defeated voice.

"We said what we had to.  Let's get out of here."  Mako said, as the three tried to leave.

"I wouldn't leave just yet Avatar.  You'll miss the main event."  Amon said in an evil voice.

Behind him, the floor lifted up, and from it, the Airbending family tied to the poles.

"Today, I rid the word of Airbending, forever."  Amon said, causing the crowd to cheer.

"Amon, let them go!"  Korra shouted.

"Your welcome to come down here and try and stop me."  Amon challenged.

"Don't mind if I do!"  Y/N shouted, ripping away the Equalist Mask.

"N-No.  You were killed in that cave!"  Amon shouted.

"Did you know of this?"  He asked the Lieutenant.

"H-He did, but I was too frightened as to what would happen."  The Lieutenant said in a panicky voice.

"You fool!"  Amon shouted.

Y/N jumped down in front of Amon, and looked at him in the eyes, not moving a muscle.  He then looked over to the Airbending family.

"Are you guys ok?"  Y/N asked, to which they nodded.

"Hey Amon.  You thought I was strong before?  Well, I picked up some new moves that I think you would like!"  He shouted, sending out multiple shots of fire, to which he dodged.

He wasn't trying to hurt him yet, he was only doing it to get rid of the crowd, and to give Korra some time to get the Airbender's out of their bindings.  The moment Tenzin was freed, he began fighting off the other Equalists, and even got a good hit on Amon, but letting him run away in the process.

"A nice game of cat and mouse.  Korra, get them out of here.  I'll deal with Amon."  Y/N said, teleporting away.

"Y/N wait!"  Korra called, but was too late.

A few moments of teleporting around later, Y/N lost Amon, but found him when he heard fighting coming from one of the rooms.  When he teleported into the shadows of the room, he witnessed Amon, finishing with taking away Korra's powers.

'N-No.  I was late again!'  Y/N internally shouted.

"Amon!"  The Lieutenant shouted from behind him.

"Everything the Avatar said is true, isn't it?  I just saw you Bloodbend her."  He said, angered at what he witnessed.

He removed his mask, looked at it for a moment, and dropped it to the ground, stepping on it.

"You traitor!  I dedicated my life to you!"  He shouted, running at him with his batons, but was lifted up by Amon's Bloodbending.

"You served me well Lieutenant."  Amon said, before throwing him to the side.

"Amon!"  Y/N shouted, catching Amon by surprise.

"Ah, Y/N.  Now that the cats out of the bag, I have no need to hold back anymore."  Amon said, Bloodbending Y/N, freezing him where he stood, but Y/N just had on an angered smile, which frightened Amon.

"Me neither."  Y/N said, sending out a large bolt of lightning from both his hands.

This seemingly knocked Amon out, but Y/N didn't want to waste time.  So he quickly picked up Korra, and helped Mako up, and began running.

"Y-Y/N.  My bending."  Korra said, making Y/N feel even more upset.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there.  I wasn't thinking straight.  Everything will be alright now."  Y/N said, but was stopped dead in his tracks along with Mako.

"You seem to be struggling to get out of my grip.  Did you use your energy in that attack?"  Amon asked, limping towards Mako.

"It's almost a shame to have to take the bending of someone so talented.  Almost."  Amon said, approaching Mako.

"Don't you dare!"  Y/N shouted, trying to break free.

Korra looked up, and instantly went to stop Amon from taking Mako's bending.

"No!"  She shouted, sending a blast of Air directly at Amon, pushing him back.

"Impossible."  Amon said looking at Korra.

"I-I can Airbend?"  Korra asked.

"Great job Korra!"  Y/N said, slowly standing back up.

"I can Airbend!"  Korra shouted, attacking Amon from all sides with her new found ability.

After a few more attacks, Amon quickly got himself together, and caught Korra and Y/N in his grip.  But he quickly lost that grip when Korra powered through it, and sent out an Airbending Kick at Amon, sending him out the window.  Amon fell into the water, and a few moments later, his mask surfaced on top of the water.

"Dibs on that mask!"  Y/N shouted.

"What have you done to our leader!?"

"Bending Tyrant's!"

"Evil Avatar!"

Y/N noticed some color floating to the top of the water, and then suddenly, Amon burst through the surface, riding the water trying to catch his breath.  It was then he noticed the he was being watched by his followers, who were now realizing that Korra was telling the truth.  After eyeing the Avatar for a moment, his eyes met the death glare of Y/N, which meant that if he didn't get out there, he was dead, so that's what he did.  Instead of shooting fire at him, Like Mako did, Y/N waited to get some energy back before facing him, which wouldn't take long.

Later that day, after everyone had relaxed and reunited, and after Bumi arrived, Y/N spotted Amon and Tarrlok in a boat, speeding away.

'I told you not to leave Tarrlok.  Now you have to face the consequences of your actions.'  Y/N said, teleporting to the boat.

-Later That Day-

"Has anyone seen Y/N, we need to tell him the good news."  Mako asked, to which everyone shook their heads.

"Come to think of it, he left right after saying hi to me, where is the lad, we need to catch up."  Bumi asked, looking around.

"And catch up we shall."  Y/N said, entering the room.

At first they were happy, but then they noticed the mess he was in.  And worst of all, his claws were still out, showing he didn't want to hide his shame.

"Y-Y/N.  You didn't."  Tenzin said, looking at Y/N, who looked down.

"I-I thought . . . It would make me feel better.  Make me forget of all the people I failed to protect."  Y/N said, retracting his claws, and placing his bloodied hands into his jacket.

He then took out Amon's mask, and Tarrlok's tie.  He looked at them for a moment, and threw them into the fire.  He looked at the group for one more moment, and walked outside.  He sat out there for 3 days straight, no food, no water, no sleep.  He was now reeking of blood.  Tenzin walked out, and pushed through the smell, and sat next to Y/N.

"Have you forgiven yourself yet son?  Because we do.  We understand what you were going through.  You wanted to end his story, there and then."  Tenzin said, trying to think of something to make him feel better.

"The only way I can forget this, is to remember who I was.  I'm done looking for pieces and clues.  I'm going to find it.  Now."  Y/N said, standing up.

Good Year walked up to Y/N, and nuzzled into his leg.

"Sorry I didn't come and visit you Good Year.  We've got some time to catch up now.  We have a mission.  Me, you and Alisa."  Y/N said.

Instead of arguing or trying to change his mind, Tenzin smiled, and patted him on the back.

"Will you return?"  Tenzin asked.

"No matter what happens, this is my home, whether you like it or not.  Your not getting rid of me permanently that easily.  I'll be back soon."  Y/N said with a smile.

"At least take a shower and get something to eat first."  Tenzin smiled.

"Sure thing Tenzin."  He said to Tenzin.

"Please.  Call me Dad."  Tenzin said with a smile.

"T-Thanks . . . Dad."  Y/N said with tears forming in his eyes, hugging Tenzin.

"And get some new clothes."  Tenzin joked as the hug was broken.

And so, Y/N got cleaned, got something to eat, packed some things away, and went on his way with Good Yeah and Alisa.  Bumi gave him one of the boats that were stored on his ship, so Y/N had an easy way of travelling.

"You two ready?"  Y/N asked the two.

"You bet!"  Alisa said, excited for the adventure, to which Good Year barked.

"Show me how it's done Zaydag."  Y/N said, placing his hands in front of him.

"Waterbending get's easy once you learn the basics."

Word Count:  3885

Woooah!  Yeah baby!  That's what I've been waiting for, that's what it's all about!  Woooh!

Book 2 will be completely different from the original Book 2.  Y/N will still meet Unalaq, but not the way you think.  This one will mostly focus on Y/N learning more on his past, meeting other Mutants, discovering his and Alisa's powers, and stuff like that.  We'll get what we get.  I'll do an info chapter on Book 2 Characters just to update the powers and stuff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 5.9K 28
๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐ข //๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ญ โ๐ฐ๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ค๐ข๐๐ฌ. โž Water, earth, fire, air Long ago the four nations lived together in h...
133K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
9.4K 331 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
46.6K 1.2K 29
"You dare challenge the King!" He burst with fury in front of the teen. She would be lying if she said she wasn't shaking with fear for he was a grow...