Fatal Desires | Edward Cullen...

By Roxydog05

"I MEAN IF YOU WERE SMART, YOU'D STAY AWAY FROM ME." "NO OFFENSE, BUT YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KEEPS COMING UP TO M... More

copyright
FATAL DESIRES
graphic gallery
prologue
1 | new girl syndrome
2 | who dat?
3 | the talk
5 | he likes me, he likes me not
6 | stranger danger
7 | dinner by candlelight
8 | revelation
9 | hot n cold
10 | meet the family
11 | playing with fire
12 | three strikes and you're out
13 | prey
14 | escape to the hiding place
15 | save me
16 | aftermath
17 | prom
epilogue
SEQUEL

4 | saved by the edward

2.2K 61 25
By Roxydog05

***********************************************************************

I'm currently waiting by some random stranger's car for Bella to come pick me up from school. There wasn't any room in the front parking lot today, so she had to park her car in the side parking lot. She told me to wait for her to drive around to the front parking lot, so she could come pick me up from here.

I tap my foot impatiently as I curiously look around the parking lot. Most people are together with either their friends or their friend groups. Of course, no group at this school peaks my interest more than the Cullens. I spot them easily over by the other side of the parking lot. I get a good look at all of them until my eyes meet those of none other than Edward Cullen.

I shift my gaze immediately to the floor, feeling very uncomfortable with the sudden eye contact. I still can't believe that Edward actually talked to me today, had a full on conversation to be frank! I have to admit though, he did end our conversation weirdly. Who just leaves someone hanging in the middle of a conversation? That's Edward Cullen for you, the handsome boy with strange social skills.

After staring at the ground for a bit, I grow curious to know if Edward is still staring at me. So, I lift my head up just a little. I spot Edward almost immediately, who's still, in fact, staring at me. My cheeks turn pink as I shift my gaze to the ground again. Edward staring at me like this is starting to get a little creepy. Am I really that fascinating to watch? I mean, it's not like I'm doing anything interesting. I'm honored to be worthy of his attention, but Edward's way of giving attention is a bit off-putting sometimes. He said I was a hard person to read, but let's face it. He's probably harder for me to read than it is for him to read me.

Suddenly, the sound of screeching tire wheels fills my ears. I snap my head up immediately. My eyes are greeted with Bella's orange truck swerving out of the way of another car, swerving . . . right . . . towards . . . ME.

I gasp as my heart leaps out of my chest. My eyes grow to the size of saucers at the impending doom heading straight for me. There's no time to move out of the way as fate takes a hold of my future. Time seems to stop for a split second, causing every nerve in my body to shutter with horror. Shivers run down my spine like flashes of lighting. My mind automatically prepares for the inevitable pain that Bella's truck will no doubt cause to my body. My body reacts on its own by pressing my back hard against the side of the car I'm standing next too. My eyelids prepare to forcibly close when a blur of grey and white appears next to me. Before I know it, a hand is holding me by my side.

Then boom! All time . . . just stops.

When I'm snapped out of my shocked state, the first thing I see is a hand pressed against the side of Bella's truck. A huge dent surrounds the hand, indicating the amount of pressure it took to stop the car. I whip my head in front of me, my eyes immediately meeting those of Edward Cullen himself. He's crouched over me, with his face dangerously close to my own. Any closer, and our noses would touch.

I inhale a quick breath of air which causes my eyes to widen. I stare into Edward's eyes with confusion and amazement. Realization hits me like a freight train. Edward saved my life, by stopping the car . . . with his own hand . . . But-But that's impossible . . .

"Holy . . ." I mumble under my breath, my chest heaving. Edward's deep and intense eyes cause me to remain quiet and completely still. He looks into my eyes with an almost frightened yet stone cold stare.

I gulp.

After what feels like minutes more than seconds, Edward starts to rise on his feet, using the vehicles on either side of us for support. Without muttering a single word or even making a sound, Edward turns away from me. He places his hands once again on both of the vehicles, but this time, he uses their support to push him up onto one of the cars. He then jumps down from the car and leaves.

I find myself staying where I am, once again, breathing heavily. I'm not shocked because of my near death experience, at least, not at the time being, I'm more shocked that Edward Cullen has the hidden strength to make even an elephant think twice. I look over at the huge dent in the side of Bella's truck. I tentatively touch it with my hand in complete and utter amazement. I can make out with my fingers exactly where Edward pressed his palm. Someone else might not be able to make out how the dent was made, but since I witnessed it with my very own eyes, I can easily look at the dent and make out the formation of a hand print in my mind.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" I hear the worried voice of Bella Swan cry. She stands a few feet away from me with her hands crossed in front her chest. Her face is deathly pale as she sways from side to side on her feet in horror. "I-I saw Tyler's van coming straight towards me," she hesitates. "I'm sorry. I just panicked. I didn't know what to do. I didn't see you until it was too late." Bella's face crumbles like she's about to burst into tears. She doesn't get anywhere near me though. Being the shy girl that she is, she's probably worried that I'll attack her or something for almost hitting me with her truck. Of course, I would never do such a thing. She's the closest friend that I have here in Forks.

Out of no where, a large crowd of students clambers all around me.

"Rebecca! Rebecca!" they cry worriedly.

"Dial 911," says a female voice.

"I already called," says another girl.

"They're gonna send somebody over soon," says another voice.

I don't recognize any of the students coming to my aid until I finally recognize a familiar face among them. Angela comes up to me. "Rebecca, I've got 911 on the phone now," she assures me. She must have been one of the female voices I heard.

I shake my head at her. "Oh no, I'm fine. I'm fine."

Angela doesn't listen, and neither does anyone else. I want to yell at the top of my lungs that I'm okay and didn't even actually get hit, but I'm too shy to do so. Remember when I complained that I wished I got more attention from people? Well, now I have it, and I want nothing more at this moment than for people to ignore me again. Lesson of the day: be careful what you wish for.

Before I even know it, I'm swept to Forks Hospital in utter embarrassment. I know that everyone is just concerned for my well-being, but all the attention I'm suddenly getting is making me feel extremely out of my comfort zone. Bella and this boy named Tyler from school are also sent to the hospital along with me. Apparently, Tyler's car was the one that nearly crashed into Bella's truck and forced her to swerve out of the way.

I go through the normal routine at the doctor's office. They check my body for any injuries and what not. A nurse is taking my blood pressure when my grandparents come rushing in.

Grandma is the first to reach me. "Rebecca, are you all right?" she asks. Worry is written all over her face. A look that only a doting grandma can give.

"I'm fine," I say.

Grandpa goes to stand by Grandma's side. "What happened?" he questions seriously.

I sigh exasperatedly. "This boy almost crashed into Bella, so she swerved out of the way and almost hit me." I explain everything in one breath, hoping that I won't have to answer anymore questions or explain everything again. I'm so tired.

"Bella?" Grandpa contemplates. "You mean the officer's daughter?"

As if on cue, Bella's father, Police Chief Charlie Swan, I believe, walks through the door. He scowls to himself before walking over to Bella. I almost forgot that she and Tyler were being checked out on the other two exam tables near mine.

"Yeah, she's the police officer's daughter," I confirm to my grandparents, as if the answer isn't already obvious, seeing as Chief Swan just walked in through the door and all.

I watch as my grandparents leave me to go talk to Bella's father. While the adults in the room are talking among themselves, I leave my exam table and join Bella on hers. Much to my relief, she's calmed down since we left the parking lot.

"This is so embarrassing," she mutters.

I look her in the eyes. "It wasn't your fault. It was Tyler's. He's the one who should have been watching where he was going."

Bella gives me an incredulous look. "I almost killed you."

"But you didn't," I say with a grin, trying to lighten the mood. Truth be told, I'm to the point where I feel close enough with Bella to where I feel comfortable enough to be playful with her. We're both introverted people, so I guess we just sort of share a similar comfortable vibe with each other. We get each other, I suppose.

At that very moment, I hear the door to the doctors' office open. In walks in a fairly handsome doctor with blond hair.

"I heard the chief's daughter was here," the doctor says. The doctor walks up to me and Bella. My grandparents and Chief Swan go to stand beside the doctor, waiting for his run down of how Bella and I are doing.

My grandparents nod in greeting to the doctor.

"Oh, Dr. Cullen," Chief Swan greets.

My eyes widen. Dr. Cullen? As in . . . Edward's father? There's no way! But I guess there is a way since he's standing right in front of me. I notice the similarities between Dr. Cullen and his children immediately. He has the same chalky pale skin and golden yellow eyes that they have. But now that I think about it. It makes no sense. None of them are truly related. They're adopted. How come they all look so similar then?

"Charlie," Dr. Cullen greets Bella's dad in return. Dr. Cullen turns to my grandparents before gesturing towards me. "And this lovely lady must be yours," he guesses, looking down at me.

My grandparents smile in admiration at Dr. Cullen's kind words.

Dr. Cullen picks up a clipboard off a side table and scans it. "Rebecca," he reads. He flips to the next page. "Isabella."

"Bella," the awkward girl corrects for him.

"Well, Bella and Rebecca, looks like you two took quite a spill," says Dr. Cullen. "How do you girls feel?"

Feeling a bit uncomfortable having to have Edward's father be my doctor, I look Bella in the eyes and give her a "you go first" look.

"I'm good," Bella says.

"And how about you?" Dr. Cullen asks, looking at me with kind eyes.

"Good," I say simply.

Dr. Cullen takes out a small flashlight from his coat pocket and turns it on. "Look here," he directs. He looks into my eyes while flashing the flashlight into them before doing the same with Bella. "You girls might experience some post-traumatic stress or disorientation, but both of your vitals look good. No signs of any head trauma." Dr. Cullen smiles. "I think you'll be just fine."

"I'm so sorry," Tyler suddenly speaks up from the exam table next to ours. "I'm really. . . " he tries to finish, but Chief Swan closes the privacy curtain on him. Bella's dad huffs in annoyance.

I stifle a giggle. Bella's lucky to have such a good and caring father like Chief Swan looking out for her.

After the adults discuss a few more things with Dr. Cullen, we're free to go. Bella and her dad leave first while my grandparents and I stay behind for a bit longer. They tell me to go wait out in the hallway while they handle some paperwork in the main office.

I pace back and forth in the hallway, contemplating the one thing that I can't take my mind off of . . . Edward Cullen has super strength . . . and super speed for that matter. I don't know what to think of Edward's superhuman abilities. What are you even supposed to think? What he is capable of is supposed to be impossible. I'm not going to tell anyone about this obviously, not because no one would believe me, which they probably wouldn't, but because a secret like this is just something that other people don't need to know about. And I don't think Edward would like it if I were to tell anyone either. I don't even have a clue what I'm going to say to him next time I see him. Heck, I dread the idea of having to see him again after what just went down between us.

"Fifteen kids saw what happened."

"What was I supposed to do? Let her die?" Speak of the devil. I know that voice anywhere, it's Edward, and it sounds like he's talking to his older sister Rosalie. She does not sound happy.

I peak curiously around the corner. It's Edward and Rosalie alright, with none other than Dr. Cullen himself with them. So this means that Edward's father does know about his son's abilities . . .

"This isn't just about you. It's about all of us," Rosalie says.

So the whole Cullen family is in on the secret.

"I think we should take this in my office," Dr. Cullen suggests. Dr. Cullen meets eyes with me, causing me to freeze. Edward and Rosalie follow their father's gaze and look at me. They know I'm here.

With my presence exposed, I suck in a breath and turn my body back around the corner, pressing my back against the wall out of their view. I wait a few seconds for them to make a move, but they don't. Thinking that I got away with eavesdropping on them, I move away from the wall quietly and head back towards the main office.

My grandparents come walking out of the office, and as if nothing just happened, I follow them out of the building.

There's no way I'm bringing up Edward's abilities to anyone, not even to the Cullens themselves. As of now, I want to stay as far away from the Cullens as possible. I know they're keeping a secret, a secret that will apparently affect them all if it gets out. They're hiding something about what they really are. I just know it. They came from Alaska, keep to themselves, have similar physical characteristics yet are adopted, and their youngest son has super abilities. None of these things are normal. The Cullens are a mystery, a mystery that I seem to have gotten the attention of.

Author's Note: A meme for this chapter:

Fun fact, the title of this chapter is a nod to the old TV show "Saved By The Bell."

And as always, don't be a silent reader! Remember to vote, comment, share, and give me your theories and thoughts! Constructive criticism and any criticism for that matter is always welcome! Know any other Twihards? Let them know about this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 7.6K 29
||Book one in The Protectors Series ||Twilight ||COMPLETED: October 3, 2017 CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. ❝Seventeen, running from innocence, like it's a...
397K 12.6K 64
What happens when a French high school student gets into some "mischief" with a couple of beautiful vampires? Tatum and Bailey Fernsby have just star...
128K 3.4K 25
"You shouldn't have come" ° ° ° After leaving the Cullen and her brother, Irene is travelling around the world, running away from the Volturi. Leavin...
185K 3.9K 23
the run away didn't go looking for love. lower case intended. [book one] *i do not own any of twilight. just my characters and their thoughts*