Broken Piece of My Soul: A Ro...

By proudintrovertgurl

"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧....𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢�... More

Prolouge
Calm before strom
It was him
The heartbreaking revelation
Darkest time of his life
Hurted by her dearest
The Truth
The Ultimate Betrayal
The Survival
Realization and the Final blow
He needs You now!!
If you want to take him, Go through me first
Return of His 'Old Friend'
That Unwanted Mistake
Beginning of the End
Epilouge

A lone ray of hope

1.6K 89 71
By proudintrovertgurl

(PARIMALA020 thank you so much for this beautiful cover🥺❤️it means a lot 💞💞💞)

"Virat.....what are you doing here alone???"

He turned to find his bestfriend standing in front of him, with curious eyes. He sighed

"Nothing, Ro.... it's just that.....leave it...."

He turned and rested his head against the wall, mindlessly staring at the dark night sky. Rohit also sat down, joining him.

"I know that something's bothering you, Virat....you're behaving strangely ever since you came back from the BCCI meeting.....what happened Virat??? Did....did something happened there???"

Rohit asked with uncertainty.

"They.....they want me to take over the captaincy, Rohit.....after mahi bhai's retirement from captaincy, they want me to become the captain of the Indian team......"

He said in a low tone, without looking at Rohit.

"Wowww Virat that's....that's so amazing news....why you're being sad, you idiot??!! You're going to become the Captain of the Indian team.....and you've no idea how much I'm happy and excited about it....I'm sure Virat.....you're going to be the greatest captain.....even more successful than Mahi bhai....."

Rohit shouted excitingly. But there's still no happiness in his face.

"But....I don't want this....Ro....I'm very greatful that they considered me for this job....but still....i can't....."

"But.....Why not Virat??"

Rohit said in a hurtful tone. He looked at his bestfriend.

"Because I'm not the rightful contender for this job, Rohit.....you know that.....I'm nothing like the captain indian team deserves....I'm nothing like mahi bhai....I'm not cool nor composed like him...i  always make huge mistakes while taking DRS neither i can stay calm in pressure situations.....I'm not a good captain Ro....and you're the more deserving one here....you already won 2 ipl for MI!! And look at me....i always fails when team needs me the most....don't you think you should become the captain instead of me???"

He heard his bestfriend shaking his head in disapproval.

"Why you're being so hard on yourself, Virat?? You're not undeserving....you're Someone who deserves this position the most!! I've full faith in mahi bhai's judgment. I've full faith in you....i know you won't disappoint me or mahi bhai or any one of ICT!!! Besides why you want to be like Mahi bhai or me Virat?? When you are already perfect as what you are!! You've already captained the Test team for 3 years now and now you're one of the most successful indian test captain.....it's you who made us the no1 test team, rising from the 7th spot....you made fans fall in love with test cricket and you're the most feared captain and batsman for the opposition. You're the hope of the Indian fans Virat....and who said that you disappoints when team needs you the most!! Be it 2014 t20 world cup final or 2016 t20 world cup semi final, you're the lone warrior of our team.....and you'll see Virat....in future you'll become as great captain as great player you're now...."

He looked up at his bestfriend's shiny eyes.

"Really Ro?? You really think i can be a good captain too?? You've that much faith in me??"

Rohit grinned 

"Of course I've idiot...don't worry about anything. mahi bhai will be there to guide you....I'll be there for you.....you'll see someday You'll become the greatest....and even if you won't.....even if someday the whole world will turn against you, You'll still find me by your side, cheering you the loudest and kicking your troller's ass for you...."

He smiled.

"Can you name one hero....who was happy Rohit?? Like for real.....not for showing others....but truly happy???"

Rohit scratched his head.

"Umm.....no... i don't think...i can..."

He shook his head.

"I know you can't..... because they never let you be famous and happy.....in exchange of  fame, they snatch your freedom of being happy..."

Rohit nodded thoughtfully. He grinned.

"Do you want to know a secret??"

Rohit's eyes lit up in happiness.

"Yess....tell me...."

"I'm going to be the first.....swear it...."

"Huh....why me???"

Rohit confusingly asked. He smiled proudly

"Because.....you're the reason.....swear it....."

Rohit smiled brightly and clasped his hand.

"I swear it Vi.....till the end of the eternity, you'll always find me with you.....No matter what situation, now matter the time....I'll never leave you alone...We'll forever remain as the unbreakable ones.....even in happy times....even in dark phases.....and you'll be the first hero.....both happy and successful. It's my promise to you......"

Virat opened his eyes and gazed the dusky sky.....unknowingly smiling at this memory. One out of many unforgettable memories he shared with his bestfriend.

"Only he knows....how much He's ready giving up anything he has....just to get back those days....the happiest moments of his life....the ones he spend with his bestfriend and the ones he wants to spend irritating and  him for next 30 40 years....because he knows without those moments.....his life will be meaningless...."

When he suddenly heard the door opening. He hurriedly wiped his tears and put a smile.

"Where did you went without telling me nush, i was going to cal....."

Virat stopped, when he sensed something wrong. He turned to find Ritika and Samaira standing along with Anushka and Vamika.

"Ritsy!!"

Virat exclaimed in shock, when a visibly emotional Ritika went to hug him.

"I'm sorry....virat....i wish i could have done anything ...I'm sorry..I'm sorry....."

"Ritsy......wh...what's wrong???"

Virat asked in a fearful tone. But Ritika kept sobbing. Virat looked up at Anushka, her cheeks were tear strained. She looked down at Samaira.

"Sammy boo....can you please take Vami with you to her room??"

Samaira nodded and took Vamika's hand to lead her towards her room.

"Nush.....Rits....please tell me....what happened?? What's wrong??"

Virat asked in a worried tone. Anushka inhaled deeply and began to narrate the whole thing. Virat's eyes widened, when he heard all these.

"Wh...what?? Rohit said all these??"

"I too can't believe that my Ro said all these, Virat....but it's truth. I...i don't know what to do now!! But...I don't want to go back there Virat, Nush...i can't....after what happened today....i can't face him...my heart will...my heart wouldn't be able to....i can't nush, Virat....i just can't....."

Ritika said in a broken tone. Anushka shook her head in sadness.

"Why you're thinking we'll let you go there now Ritsy!! Look around, It's your home too....you're not going anywhere....you'll stay here...with us....you don't need to go anywhere...we'll take care of you and sammy...you're going to stay here.."

Virat nodded with a teary smile.

"Nush's right....Ritsy....you still have your brother....your bestfriend and your niece....
Everything's going to be fine.....don't worry....."

Virat let out a shaky breath.....before hugging his wife and sister. He kept mumbling

"I'll make everything all right again......i promise you.....everything will be normal again....."

It took Virat 30 minutes to convince Ritika to eat something. After making sure she's all right, virat left her room and went to sit in the balcony. He sat down with a sigh, clutching his head.

"What happened to you Ro!!! Why you're behaving like this?? What I'm gonna do now??"

"Vi....."

Virat turned to find Anushka standing.

"How's Rits?? Did she eat??"

Anushka asked. Virat nodded.

"Yeah!! She wasn't eating even a bit....i finally convinced her to eat at least a little. She eat just a bit and she wanted some time alone so i left her to sleep. Hopefully she'll feel a little better when she'll wake up!!"

Anushka nodded. Virat asked.

"Where's Vami and Sammy??"

"Playing in Vami's room!! Sammy was so scared about what she witnessed earlier!! She asked me....if her mumma and dada won't live together anymore....i somehow managed to convince her that it's just a small fight and they'll be together soon....but...i don't know till when we can keep lying to her....."

"Vi....i just want to say something about Rohit!! About what happened today!!"

Anushka said in a low tone. Virat sighed.

"I know!! Ritsy told me what happened earlier!! I'm....I'm really sorry for his behavior nush....he never behaved with someone like this....i..i don't know what happened to him, nush!! He's not that Rohit, i know from last 13 years!! I...i don't know what to do!! No matter how much i try...how much my mind trying to convince me to accept the harsh truth......my heart....my heart isn't accepting the fact that...that my bestfriend....my Rohit did all these....I'm tired by fighting now nush....i don't....I don't know....what to believe....what to think!! I just don't know Nush!!"

Virat clutched his head more tightly. Anushka shook her head and sat besides her husband.

"Virat!! Why you're saying sorry!! He's my brother too....and i know him long enough to tell that he isn't that kind of person....Vi..i think....something is wrong happening with him...."

Virat looked up at his wife.

"What??!!"

Anushka nodded.

"I'm having a strong feeling that Something's wrong. Rohit won't do anything as vicious as this. Not with his family, nor with us....until and unless....he's forced. You know, earlier when he caught my wrists harshly, i saw more pain in his eyes, than i felt!! When he was saying ill about you and Ritsy....i felt like i heard his heart breaking into million pieces....when...when Ritsy slapped him....i didn't saw regret in his face....it felt...it felt like that's what he wanted to happen!! It felt like.....he wanted to say something....but he can't.....There's definitely something wrong....but either he doesn't want to share.....or he thinks he can't share..."

Virat's eyes lit up.

"What!! You think that too?? That's what i was thinking from the beginning, Nush!!! I.... i was having bad feelings from the beginning... although i was not sure....whether to believe it or not....But...now what you told me....I'm sure...I'm sure he's forced to do all these..there must be some reasons....but....what could be it?? What could possibly make him turning against me, his family and ICT!! We need to find it out!!! But how!!"

Both of them sat silently for sometimes, comforting each other and silently thinking what to do now!! After a moment, Anushka got up

"I think i should check if Ritsy's all right and sammy needs something to eat....you too rest for sometime Virat...."

Virat nodded absent-mindly. Anushka got up and was going to leave, when virat hugged her from behind.

"Thank you Nush...."

Anushka turned and smiled sadly.

"Why you're thanking me Vi?? I couldn't be able to know why Ro is behaving like this!! Nor did i managed to convince him to confess me his problems....then what's the reason of thanking me!!"

Virat shook his head.

"But..you tried nush...for me you tried and i couldn't be able to thank you enough for this. Thank you for always understanding my priorities....thank you for accepting my choosen family like your own....and Thank you....for being my strength.....every then and now....."

Anushka smiled through her tears.

"Our relationship is much more than all these thank yous Virat...Don't you know that!!! Now let me go!! My princesses must be hungry....and my bestfriend needs me too...."

Virat smiled and broke the hug. Anushka kissed his forehead and mumbled

"Don't worry Virat....our family will be together soon...."

Virat nodded silently. Once Anushka left, he sighed and dropped his shoulders.

"No!! I can't sit down silently until i find what's wrong with Rohit!!! Who's making him doing all these and what's the reason!! Because i know that my bestfriend can do anything....but he could never think about betraying me or hurting our family. For whatever reason he's doing all these, i need to fins it out. I..... I need to do something immediately....or else the situation might turn into worse...but what!! How'll i know what's bothering him!!.."

Virat kept pacing through the balcony, thinking his best what can he do....when suddenly he remembered about his old friend.

"Yess!! I think i should ask him for help....he'll be able to help me...."

Virat thought and scrolled down in his contact list to find that person's number. He took a deep breath and dialed the number. As soon as the person from otherside picked up, virat spoke

"Hey!!! Sorry to disturb!! But I need your help!! It's....It's urgent and i can only trust you for this....!!!"

The response came instantly.

"Sure Virat!! I'll do anything in my capability to help you, you know!! Let's meet at 5 PM today!!

Virat smiled thankfully.

"Thanks....Rohan!! I'm greatful to you!!"

When he heard his old friend smiling from the other side.

"Oh Trust me Virat!!! The pleasure is all mine.."

Don't expect me to write anything for 1 week now🙂👋too exhausted while crying and writing all these chapters now 🙂👋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.6K 4.1K 33
Story of two best friends who were always there for each other in their highs and lows ! Will their relation survive a tough challenge ? To know mo...
92.6K 4.8K 26
After India loses the semi final of WC 2019, suddenly out of nowhere match fixing allegations are presented with proof against Virat, and BCCI bans h...
21.4K 1.7K 15
"Maybe," said Rahul. "Maybe things aren't meant to be the same forever." "Maybe," said Virat. He didn't believe it, and yet he did. Because the 31-y...
17.6K 1.1K 22
Story about two best friends... Who got betrayed by their important persons.. this story is about two great cricketers and their journey... What will...