GHOST SQUAD

By Firdosefk

With no memories of her past, Alice lives a new life with her best friend Tristan, while her ghost squad desp... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1-LUNA
CHAPTER 2- MEMORIES
CHAPTER 3- HOME
CHAPTER 4- CRAZY
CHAPTER 5- LOVE
CHAPTER 6- DAGGER
CHAPTER 7- INTUITION
CHAPTER 8- ANSWERS
CHAPTER 9-TRUTH
CHAPTER 10- FAMILY
CHAPTER 11- CHANGE
CHAPTER 12- POWER HUNT
CHAPTER 13- WIN
CHAPTER 14- FAVOUR
CHAPTER 15-DISGRACE
CHAPTER 16- MISUNDERSTANDINGS
CHAPTER 17- RELATIONS
CHAPTER 18- FIRE
CHAPTER 19- CURSE
CHAPTER 20- RECOLLECTION
CHAPTER 21- MATTER OF TIME
CHAPTER 22-UNREQUITED
CHAPTER 23- NEW CONNECTION
CHAPTER 24-WISH
CHAPTER 25-FAVOUR
CHAPTER 26-HEAL
CHAPTER 28- LOST TIES
CHAPTER 29- DEATH
CHAPTER 30- CHOICE
CHAPTER 31-FRIENDS
CHAPTER 32-MOTIVE
CHAPTER 33-LIFE
CHAPTER 34- BIRGITTA
CHAPTER 35- PARTING WAYS
CHAPTER 36- DESIRE
CHAPTER 37- PROPOSAL
CHAPTER 38- CHANGE
CHAPTER 39-MIRACLE
CHAPTER 40- CONFRONTATION
CHAPTER 41-DREAM
WRITERS NOTE

CHAPTER 27-DRIVE

6 1 15
By Firdosefk

"Aria, you would have to remove your foot from the brake in order to drive." Said Tristan. "Oh, and try opening your eyes while you're at it!"

Aria, who was holding on to the steering wheel for dear life, opened one eye and peered at him. "What if I knock someone?" She asked.

Tristan sighed. "If you're planning to drive with one eye, then you definitely will!"

Aria opened her eyes, but still did not remove her foot from the brake. "Come on, Aria," Tristan encouraged, "I have brought you to an empty road so you can drive without any fear!" 

"What if a car suddenly appears?" She asked.

"I will direct you." Tristan assured.

Very slowly, Aria removed her foot from the brake. The car had only just begun to move, when Aria pressed hard on the brake again. "I can't!" She exclaimed.

Tristan sighed. It was almost lunchtime and he hadn't had anything since the morning, apart from an apple. The chilly air was making him feel even more sick, yet here he was sitting in a car parked in the middle of the road, with a driver who looked like she might pass out at any minute.

The truth was, he was worried. Alice's stunt had rendered him speechless. All he could do was let her know it was not completely her fault. Mendaline had mentioned that Cora was an excellent manipulator and Tristan agreed.

To take his mind off things, he had insisted Aria to drive. She had reluctantly agreed, and now Tristan wondered what he was thinking when he had suggested it. 

"We could try again tomorrow." Tristan suggested.

Aria looked as if he had offered her a lifeline, which he supposed he had. She nodded her head in agreement and got out of the car.

 Tristan watched her as she made her way towards the passenger seat. His heart skipped a beat. He felt something in his stomach. Strangely, his breathing quickened every time he saw Aria. He had never felt that way about Alice.

For the past few days, the only reason he had been going to work on time was to see Aria. There was something about her that drew him towards her. Was this how love felt? Was it love? Could someone just fall in love with someone after spending only a little time with them?

"Are you even planning on taking us home?" Asked Aria, who had at some point opened his side door, and was standing with her arms crossed, looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

Tristan cleared his throat. "Yeah, um sorry!" He said, getting out. He made his way to the driver's side as Aria sat.

"You could observe how I drive." Tristan offered, as he took his place behind the wheel.

"Is something bothering you?" Asked Aria. She was looking at him as how one would look at an exam paper. With full concentration and a little annoyance.

Tristan smirked. "I said observe how I drive, not me."

Aria's eyes grew wide, she quickly looked away. "The fact that you keep disappearing in your head made me wonder, that is all!" She explained.

Tristan sat back. They had spent the whole morning parked in the middle of the road, spending a little more time wouldn't hurt. "I am worried about Alice." He admitted.

Aria looked at him. "Did something happen?" She asked.

Tristan explained to her all that had happened the previous night. When he was done, she looked horrified.

"So, Cora can attack us at any moment now, since she is fully healed?" She asked. Tristan nodded. "So what did Mendaline decide to do?"

"Sleep!" He replied.

Aria looked stunned. He had felt the same way when the witch had narrated the entire story, and then had just casually announced she was going to bed. 

"What did Knave say?" Aria asked.

'She had to mention Knave!' Tristan thought with a little disappointment. Then again, he was her first love, and unlike him, she had actual memories.

"He is a little upset with Alice." He informed. Tristan had immediately caught the tension between the two. Alice's pleading eyes that begged Knave to look at her, and Knave's ignorance had made it quite easy to figure.

"I am sure they will work it out." Aria said. "Couples do tend to disagree. They can't always make googly eyes at each other!"

"I suppose so." Tristan said. Aria said nothing. She looked out the window, looking lost in thoughts.

Tristan used the opportunity to adore her. Everything about her was so beautiful. The way her hair bounced in her ponytail, the way she absently stared at him while he drove, the way she always listened to him talk, the way she understood him so well.

"Do you think you would ever be able to move on from Knave?" Tristan suddenly asked.

Aria gave him such a look that he wished for instant death. It was at this moment his stomach decided to loudly announce its hunger. It growled so loudly, that Aria almost smiled. She quickly schooled her features.

"Where did that come from?" She asked.

"My stomach!" He replied, wondering if embarrassment could kill a person.

"I meant the question about Knave." Aria calmly replied.

Tristan considered proposing to her on the spot and admitting his feelings. Then, he realized she might do one of two things. Either run away, or worst, smash his head on the dashboard, and for real this time. He decided against it. 

"I was just wondering." He finally said.

Aria shrugged. "Maybe if I find someone who would manage to create a space in my heart."

"Seems like a challenge!" He said.

"You're offering to take it?" She asked, surprising him. He looked at her. Even though she tried to look bold, he could see how red her cheeks had turned. She was blushing.

Tristan's heart leapt. He couldn't believe it. She was actually offering him a chance. 

"I am!" He said, determined.

Aria smiled. "Well, you could start by taking us to a restaurant to stop your stomach's protests!" 

"Like a date?" Tristan asked.

"If you want to call it that." She replied, looking ahead.

Tristan smirked. "A date it is then!"

"You look happy, son!" His mother observed, as soon as Tristan entered his house. "Found someone?"

Tristan smiled at his mother. "It's quite new." He admitted. He looked at his mother. Ela had been quite ill the past few days, which was was concerning. Now, his mother looked well-rested and healthy.

As if reading his thoughts, she said, "You could tell me all about it with my soup!" That was enough to assure Tristan that his mother was indeed fine.

"Think you could give me time to wash up?" He asked.

His mother looked shocked. "Of course!" She exclaimed. "I would not allow you in my kitchen with all those germs you've got on you."

Tristan chuckled, and made his way to his bedroom. His smile disappeared as he entered his room. He felt worried. How was Alice holding up?

"Aria?" His mother asked, sounding surprised. "But I had thought you loved Alice!"

Tristan looked at his mother. "How...," He stopped himself. He couldn't tell his mother anything without letting her know all about Cora. "Why so?" He asked, correcting himself.

"Your actions!" She said, looking thoughtful. She shrugged. "I must've read it all wrong."

'I did too!' He thought. "That was not the case." Tristan replied honestly.

His mother nodded. "So when are you bringing Aria over?" Ela asked.

'The day she forgets about her first love, and is ready for love again.' Tristan thought. "Just as soon as I confess." He replied.

His mother smacked him lightly on the shoulder. "What are you waiting for?"

"Mom, everything is still new. I mean, I know her for what, like a week?" Tristan asked, sounding incredulous. "I can't just tell her I love her after spending so little time with her. She would think I'm playing with her."

Ela sighed. "It only takes a minute to fall in love with the right person."

Tristan looked at his mother. She had just removed all his doubts and made his belief stronger. He got up and kissed his mother on the head, feeling as if he had won the world. He was in love, and this time, no one could change that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31 0 1
After the accidental death of their best friend, Hayley, three girls, Savannah, Parker and Faye all changed. Savannah left town, Faye lost all her we...
553 42 21
Stolen from her mom a girl goes through a tough time to get back. She may have obstacles in her way but will that stop her?
1.3K 225 28
Alice in wonderland? Knave of hearts? No, not the story you are familiar with. Alice Vincent is not an ordinary girl. She has lived with ghosts for a...
1.2K 98 17
Alexandria and Kalia had it all. Normal family, normal school. That is until one night something terrible happened.. Both Alexandria and Kalia are t...