The CEO's Proposal || ongoing

By iforgotwhoasked

SLOW UPDATES * "𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐈 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭. "𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞?" ... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE - please read
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
prologue || 00
chapter one || 01
chapter two || 02
chapter three || 03
chapter four || 04
chapter five || 05
chapter six || 06
chapter seven || 07
chapter eight || 08
chapter nine || 09
chapter ten || 10
chapter eleven || 11
chapter thirteen || 13
chapter fourteen || 14
chapter fifteen || 15
chapter sixteen || 16
chapter seventeen || 17
chapter eighteen || 18
chapter nineteen || 19
chapter twenty || 20
chapter twenty one || 21
chapter twenty two || 22
chapter twenty three || 23
chapter twenty four || 24 *
chapter twenty five || 25
chapter twenty six || 26

chapter twelve || 12

562 13 6
By iforgotwhoasked

Me and Rayne ended up sitting in our university campus canteen because we didn't want to walk all the way to Starbucks from here.

It's luckily not too filled today because most people probably went out for lunch but we're just too lazy for that.

"So?" I start.

"What?" Rayne stuffs her mouth with a huge bite of the burger in her hands refusing to talk.

"Are you going to tell me?"

She fiddles with a strand of her hair and bites her lip, then sighs.

"I promise I'll tell you today. It's just too embarrassing to admit in public." She says.

"Alright, sure." I assure her.

She smiles and continues eating her lunch. "I just can't get over the fact he told you to move in with him."

I nod along and sip my coke. "I was shocked at first too."

We continue talking about random shit for a while and I feel a body right behind me, immediately knowing who it is.

I straighten my back and take a deep breath. Rayne throws daggers at him through her intense glare.

"What the fuck do you want?" Rayne spits out.

Ethan winces. "I just want to talk to Nailea."

I turn around and stand up looking directly at him, my height luckily similar to his so I don't need to strain my neck too much.

"I don't know who you think you are, but I'm pretty sure I made it clear from the second that girl left your house I had nothing to do with you. So the fact that you're standing in front of me right now having the audacity to even think about talking at me let alone utter my damn name which came out of your mouth completely shocks me." I grit my teeth in annoyance and push at his chest.

He staggers a little, "All I was going to do is apologise to you nicely, but obviously you're too much of a bitch to even listen to that." He mutters the last part as he leaves before I get to say anything else.

The anger slowly begins rolling off me as I sort of let out my pent up frustration for him.

You know, the PG version.

I scoff at his childish remark as I watch him leave, then sit back down.

Rayne finishes her food quickly. "Please let me punch his face in a couple times." She goes to get up, but I stop her by putting my hand on her shoulder and she looks up at me confused.

"He's not even worth batting an eye at." I try to remain calm and finish my meal, "Let me finish eating, then we can go back to mine so we can finish packing."

****************

"Last box... done!" Rayne collapses on my bed and huffs out a large breath.

I collapse right on top of her and she groans since I most likely snapped her rib cage.

My mum helped out a lot with the packing as well and falls next to Rayne on the bed.

"Now that is what you call tough labour." She huffs and covers her eyes with her arms.

I laugh at her and sit on my desk chair looking at my packed up room before me.

Just on time, the doorbell rings.

We race down the stairs like little kids and I abruptly come to a stop with Rayne and my mum almost stumbling behind me if it wasn't for them gripping my shoulders on each side.

I look through the peephole and see that no one's at the door, but a sealed envelope on the floor that most likely was posted through the letter box.

My mum walks towards it and picks it up, opening it and I notice that Rayne was somewhere in the kitchen probably rummaging for snacks.

I looked over my mum's shoulders.

Bills.

Bills that were far too expensive for me to cover right now.

My mood instantly switched and I sigh as I stare at the letter in her hands.

I take the letter from her. "No te preocupes, mamá. It's going to be fine."
[translation: don't worry, mum]

How am I meant to pay all that? Did Vittorio really mean it when he said he would be caring for my expenses? Would this count in it?

I don't think I have this much in my savings either.

The doorbell rings once again and I take it from my mother and hide the letter in a nearby book on a shelf in the living room and open the front door.

Camilo stares at his watch and looks up as he hear the door open.

"Are you done packing? I don't really want to have to help, kinda exhausted." He asks, as he leans hood hang on the doorframe.

I roll my eyes. "No Sanchez, we're good."

He scrunches his brows. "We?" He asks curiously.

I nod and move to the side to show Rayne who was back from the kitchen, having found nothing interesting, eating an old chocolate bar.

I sigh and hit the back of her head. She lets out a small 'ow' and rubs the spot glaring at me.

Dramatic ass.

She looks at Camilo, eyes widening. He stares back at her and they have a long staring contest in absolute silence.

They look like they've just stopped breathing completely and Camilo's shoulders go tense. Rayne looking as equally shocked as him.

I look between them back and forth, and try to break the awkwardness. "Well, this isn't awkward at all." I draw out.

Was that good enough?

They break out of whatever trance they were in and try acting like nothing odd happened, as if they totally weren't imagining how the other is in bed or something.

Could he be...?

"Um, if you guys are done I'll take you to Mr Russo's apartment so you can bring all your boxes and things there." Camilo says, while moving back to the front door. Well, when I say 'moving' I really meant trying since he ended up bumping into the wall trim next to the door.

I try holding in my laugh. "Sure, there's only a few boxes and my bag so me and Rayne can just go up and grab them." I say slowly, seeing that they're back at they're staring game.

I drag Rayne by her sleeve and we quickly go back to my room.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" I say crossing my arms over my chest once I securely close my door behind me.

She sighs loudly and sits on my chair.

"Well, I sort of fucked Roman the other day. Not sure if you heard on the phone-" I cut her off quickly.

"I definitely heard. Continue."

"So, we weren't really at mine. My dog came too because we were on a walk before and Roman also had a dog and I wanted them to be friends. Anyway long story short, mid 'fucking', guess who decides to barge in?" She says expectantly.

I scrunch my eyebrows and tilt my head. "Wait, Camilo? Why is he at Roman's house?" I ask.

Rayne licks her lips and huffs. "They're fucking brothers. Roman's mysterious foreign brother went to high school in Spain and came here sort of recently even though he already knew English."

My eyebrows shoot up and my mouth hangs agape, "He's the brother Roman used to talk about?" I say, my voice slightly going a pitch higher.

She shrugs and nods as a way of agreeing with me and I just sit there in silence trying to process what I heard.

We heard a knock on the door and it opens itself revealing Camilo.

"Your mother let me up, do you guys need help carrying anything?" He asks patiently.

Rayne stands up quickly. "Nope! We're good!" She ushers him out the door and closes it while grabbing a few small boxes and walking out.

Real smooth, Rayne.

I grab the small suitcase because of the little amount of stuff I have and my bag and I leave my room.

"Adios mamá, don't forget your pills!" I say as I pass her in the living room, she gives me a smile and a wave.

Camilo holds the door open for me and Rayne and also says bye to mum as we stuff everything into his car.

********************

We arrive outside Vittorio's apartment building and Camilo parks in the car park next to it on the side.

We make our way with my things to the lift after Vittorio buzzed him in and we're surprisingly able to fit everything into the lift at once.

We stand in complete silence.

"So, the weather's looking good today isn't it?" I say, trying the break the awkwardness except I think that made it worse.

Rayne facepalms and Camilo lets out a soft chuckle. "Yeah, no cloud in the sky. Mucho sol, sí?"
[translation: very sunny, yes?]

Rayne looks at him confused and I smile. I'm great at breaking awkward silences. Am I right, or am I right?

The lift doors finally open and we walk to the first door that appears and I knock extremely loudly.

The door clicks open revealing a very hot and sweaty boss.

Ignore that I just said hot.

He's wearing a white tank top with black nike shorts and white trainers with his silver chain still around his neck, I'm convinced he never takes that off. The vest is tight on his body and I can see a couple of his stomach tattoos peeking out from the chest.

His hair is all over the place but he always manages to pull it off and beads of sweat are painted across his forehead as he leans his arm against the door.

"I see you're all ready to move in then?" He says deeply.

"No, I'm just admiring your apartment from afar with these boxes casually sitting outside." I say sarcastically, earning a scoff from him.

I stare at him blankly and Vittorio raises one eyebrow and shakes his head, moving to the side to let us in.

I shake out of my trance and Rayne and Camilo follow behind my to my new room, which looks bigger than I imagined.

It's displayed with a beautifully off-white coloured carpet and light grey walls across the whole room. The bed placed in the middle on the wall with the door and is layered with mountains of pillows and a patterned duvet spread across the soft mattress. At the foot of the bed, there is a cushioned bench, similar colour to the bed. There's a chest of drawers on the other end and next to it there is a desk with a comfortable chair to sit on.

My immediate reaction?

Jump on the bed.

I drop my suitcase handle and run to the bed throwing myself on it and sighing loudly.

So this is what heaven must feel like, huh?

Rayne grins at me.

Oh no, I know where this is going.

She does a quick runner up and springs herself onto the bed landing directly on top of me.

I groan but we laugh it off and I quickly sit back up, seeing that Vittorio is looking at us with an unimpressed look in his expression, arms crossed and everything.

"Remember this is only a mutual agreement signed on paper. No messing about if you want this to work." He spits out and goes back to what I'm guessing his own gym. He has a huge fucking apartment.

What crawled up his ass and died?

I roll my eyes and get up pulling Rayne with me.

_______________________

AUTHOR NOTE

Hey guysss!

I'm finally back and with hopefully frequent thursday updates every week.

The story line seems a bit slow for me, so I might try and pick up the pace a bit for the next chapter. We'll see how things flow.

See you next week,

Rue :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 7.3K 30
I look at him weirdly and before I know it his lips are on mine and his hands are in my hair. God his lips are so soft. I forget about what was going...
399K 9.8K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...
10K 97 22
This story contains mature theme. You may not proceed if you have any issues with that. [18+]~ _________________________________________ "Aaaaah-mph...
87.1K 2.2K 39
Hello my fellow readers this book is now back on this platform, sorry that there is no picture beyond chapter 6 , I am still looking for the same one...