Aurora Barbossa (A Pirates of...

By Melanie_Rosen

Jack Sparrow was not the only one who made a deal with Davy Jones to become Captain of the Black Pearl. Barbo... More

Chapter 1 Loyalty
Chapter 2 On Board the Black Pearl
Chapter 3 Bootstrap's Suspicions
Chapter 4 A Daughter's Betrayal
Chapter 5 First Recruit
Chapter 6 Jack Sparrow
Chapter 7 Sea Mistress
Chapter 8 Father Daughter Reunion
Chapter 9 My Plan For Freedom
Chapter 10 Nightmares
Chapter 11 The Heart That Rules the Seas
Chapter 13 The Nightmare Returns
Chapter 14 New Plan
Chapter 15 Curiosity
Chapter 16 Escape
Chapter 17 Reunited
Chapter 18 Treachery
Chapter 19 Journey to the Locker
Chapter 20 Lady Becket
Chapter 21 Maternal Verses Paternal Advice
Chapter 22 Return to the Dutchman
Chapter 23 The Right Thing
Chapter 24 Prepare for Battle
Chapter 25 Fear Death
Chapter 26 Part of the Ship
Epilogue

Chapter 12 A Necessary Betrayal

9.3K 259 7
By Melanie_Rosen

Chapter 12

A Necessary Betrayal

I told Jack about what I found out about, but unfortunately, I had no idea where this key could be. He, however, did not appear all that concerned and already seemed to know where to go. I must say, Jack Sparrow amazes me more and more by the moment.

Now, my job was to wait and keep Davy Jones from catching on. It may seem simple but Jones does have quite a keen sense for betrayal. The last person here who merely just mentioned a mutiny was given thirty latches and then hurled in to Davy Jones’ Locker. I know I tread among dangerous seas, but if this works out it will all be worth it.

The moment the sun fell below the sea, I crept to Jones’s chambers to assure he was occupied. I found him, once again, entranced by his own music. Hoping this would keep him busy long enough, I snuck off the ship making my way to the Pearl. I found Jack, alone below deck.

“Jack,” I uttered just loud enough for him to hear me.

He turned around, not startled by my voice. “Well, I seem to be quite popular with Jones’ crew members today.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, looking at him bedazzled, as my heart sank like an anchor thrown in the ocean from uneasiness.

“Your friend came to visit me just a few moments ago,” Jack explained as he clumsily strolled closer to me, holding up his hand. “He gave this.”

“The black spot,” I gasped, taking hold of his wrists to take a closer look at the dark boil that appeared on his hand. “Who gave this to you?”

“Someone I thought of as a friend,” Jack replied, snatching back his hand.

“Bootstrap,” I muttered, unable to think of anyone else. “He did not say anything about this to me.”

“Apparently Jones is coming after me sooner than I was prepared for,” Jack stated as he fidgeted around in his coat pockets.

“But you have only been captain for… never mind, of course that would not matter to Jones.” I paused for a moment. “I still do not understand why Jones has not informed me of this.”

“Perhaps you are no longer his star pupil,” Jack suggested, his eyes still in his coat pocket.

“What are we going to do?” I panicked running my fingers through my wavy tangled hair. “If Davy Jones no longer trusts me then…”

“Not to worry, love,” Jack condoned pulling something out of his pocket. “I have already found the first step to taking down Jones.”

“You mean you found the key?” I rushed over to him anxiously to see what he contained in his hand. My face fell when I saw that it was only a brown cloth. “That is just a drawing.”

“I know that,” Jack replied in a more confident tone. “But this drawing is of the key we need to acquire. Is that correct?”

“Well, I suppose…” I scratched my head, uncertainly. “Even if it is, how are we supposed to find the key with a drawing as our only lead?”

“I have been informed by the woman of whom I sought out, that this key we so desire is on board the ship of which you linger upon, my dear.”

“You mean it’s on the Dutchman?” As he nodded affirming this, I then asked, “How do we get it?”

He walked in closer to me, brushing a strand of hair from my forehead. “I believe the best chance we might have is for the one of us that lives on the Dutchman is the one that should be able to obtain the key.”

I gawked at him. “Me? I cannot be the one to do it! If Davy Jones finds out I am in any way involved in this, then who knows what he will do to me.”

My heart beat fearfully at the thought of what could happen. I would likely be cast away into the locker, left to descent into my own madness.

Jack, however, remained persistent, as he once again stroked my hair. “Think of the reward if you were to succeed. You would finally have the freedom you so crave while I would have control over the seven seas.”

I grabbed his hand. “If I do this, you better promise me the moment you obtain the heart you give me my freedom.”

“Are you sure that is what you want?” He drew me in closer with his other arm. “You might come to find that you enjoy life on the Dutchman with old Jacky as captain of the Flying Dutchman.”

I leaned in closer so that our lips almost touched. “By this, I would no longer be bound to Jones, but instead, I would be at your command.” I laughed a little. “You would enjoy that wouldn’t you?” I then jerked away. “No. If you want me to risk my very soul then I better leave with my freedom. Do you understand?”

Jack put his hands up, looking down. “Very well then. As you wish. It was only a thought. However, first before you are free you must retrieve for me,” he waved the cloth in my face, “the key.”

I took in a deep breath. “Alright. I’ll try my best to find you the key.”

As I left him, I did not feel entirely certain I would actually go through with this plan. My stomach slowly tied itself in knots at the thought of defying Jones. I know I am a coward. Perhaps when the opportunity comes I will find the courage to do what I must.

xXx

“Bootstrap!” I bellowed the moment my foot touched the floor of the Dutchman.

“Yes, Mistress Aurora,” Bootstrap answered as he stepped out from below deck.

“Why did you not inform me that you were on the Black Pearl?” I demanded in fury with my hands on my hips. “Did Davy Jones send you?”

He nodded and muttered quietly. “Yes, Jones sent me to give Jack Sparrow the black spot and inform him that his time is coming.”

“Why do I not know about this?”

He avoided my eyes as he spoke. “Davy Jones gave me specific orders not to tell you.”

I felt my blood rush cold as my mind began to spin like a whirlpool. Why would Davy Jones keep me in the dark about this, unless…

“Aurora,” now as Bootstrap spoke his eyes met mine, “I must caution you, whatever you are planning with Jack you must stop. Davy Jones is already suspicious.” He paused, momentarily before adding more quietly, “He demanded to see you the very moment you returned.”

Unable to find words, I just nodded, and then proceeded to Davy Jones’ chambers. As I opened the door I found him sitting at an old wooden table with his locket in this hands. When he saw me, he placed it down on the table and calmly stood up. I felt unsure of whether or not to feel at ease.

“Where were you?” Jones inquired in a docile yet dangerous tone.

“I was checking up on Jack Sparrow’s whereabouts,” I replied in a shaky voice. “Is that not what you wanted me to do?”

His eyes seemed to grow more deadly as he spoke. “You have been going to the Pearl quite often recently it seems. I am beginning to wonder if you have an alternative motive.”

To the best of my ability, I tried meeting his eyes. “I do not know what you are talking about.”

Jones slammed his claw from below the table causing it to fly out missing my body by just inches.

“Do not lie to me, Aurora!” Jones roared as he grabbed the whip from against the wall and held it to me. “I know you are planning something with Jack. Tell me what it is or I will have you latched!”

“I swear, I was just keeping to our own plan,” I panted, staring horrified at the whip. “My loyalty is as it’s always been, to you.”

Davy Jones lowered the whip, seemingly softened, but still gazing at me with stone cold eyes. “Prove it.”

“What?” I asked, breathing slowly. “What do you mean?”

“If your loyalty truly remains with me then I shall need evidence,” he declared, as he strutted about the room and then turned his head back to me. “I want you to be the one that brings Jack here to this ship.”

“But, I can’t,” I protested. “How am I supposed to…”

“I don’t care how you do it!” Davy Jones snapped. “Just get Jack Sparrow on this ship. Only then, will you regain my full trust and avoid certain punishment.”

Before to had the chance to argue any further, Jones ordered me to leave. Slowly, I walked out debating on what to do next as though I still had any options. It appears that the only way to save my own skin will be to betray Jack Sparrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 39 8
BOOK ONE: Jane Gray is a gentleman's daughter awaiting a proposal. However things don't always go the way planned once paths are crossed with Captain...
9.1K 210 13
Blair hasn't seen her father, Captain Jack Sparrow in 11 years, what will happen when they finally reunite after all that time. This story takes pla...
75.2K 2.5K 14
Book: 3 After the death of her love Captain Jack Sparrow Maria is determined to get him back. But now that he's returned there's the problem of convi...
21.8K 642 12
Annette, Jack, Elizabeth, and Will team together to save Jack from his doomed fate to serve on the Flying Dutchman under Davy Jones. Based on Dead M...