𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 πŒπ„ 'ππ„π‹πŽπ•π„πƒ...

By huawyn

❝ FRIVOLOUS LOVE DOES NOT SUIT YOU, COMMISSIONER ❞ Kamisato Ayato has never seen himself as a womanizer-type... More

CALL ME 'BELOVED'
π–Ž. ❛ WHAT FOOLS LOVE MAKES US ❜
π–Žπ–Ž. ❛ KING'S PAWN OPENING ❜
π–Žπ–›. ❛ SUCH ODDS IN YOUR FAVOR ❜
𝖛. ❛ O VIOLENT DELIGHTS ❜
- ACT TWO !
π–Ž. ❛ A NIGHT OF CELEBRATION ❜
π–Žπ–Ž. ❛A TOAST TO ANEW ❜

π–Žπ–Žπ–Ž. ❛ PETALS IN COLD TEA ❜

2.8K 185 67
By huawyn

this is the very еcstasy of love. whose violent property foredoes itself, and leads the will to desperate undertakings

_______________

IT IS TO everyone's horrified surprise when the failed heir of the Hiiragi Clan agreed to the invitation to have a luncheon with the Yashiro Commissioner. Suddenly everything became all the more political as many of the upper clans began rumors and hearsay that (l/n) (y/n) saw this as an opportunity to seize political authority for herself. Others claimed that it was Kamisato Ayato's idea to possibly take the Kanjou Commission's authority through tactical manipulation. Or... perhaps there was a secret love affair going on between the two of them.

The news spread like wildfire, inciting many to rush to the doors of the Kamisato Estate in order to catch glimpses of the two of them. Alas, they were unsuccessful as Ayaka, ever cunning, had already prepared for such an occasion.

She had arranged a secret meeting between her brother and Lord (y/n) through the help of Lady Yae (she was rather adamant about helping; Ayato presumed her willingness to lend a hand was due to her own intrigue), providing them a secretive location not far from the Grand Narukami Shrine to save them from the prying eyes of the public.

A small pavilion was created for seclusion and quietude. It was entirely surrounded by sakura trees which hid them in groves of pink petals and green thickets. A few servants were present, including Thoma who stood by Ayato's side as they awaited the honored guest from Ritou.

"My lord."

Ayato glanced to his side, turning to ever faithful chief retainer with a slight smile. "What is it, Thoma?"

"Pardon my curiosity but... I wished to ask why my lord arranged this event with Lord (y/n)."

Ayato chuckled softly, looking past the fact that this wasn't his arrangement but rather his sister's doing. Nevertheless, he took to sating Thoma's intrigue with careful words.

"It was at Ayaka's insistence that I started meeting with potential paramours. To humor everyone, I thought I should do my part as the spectacle of this season's marriage market, yes?"

Very few could ever pick up on Ayato's distinct sarcasm. Thoma found pride in this skill, perhaps he was naturally good at reading people— or perhaps it was the time spent with the Yashiro Commissioner that made him capable of reading his employer with such skill.

"May I ask you something personal, my lord?"

Ayato hummed quietly. "Go ahead."

Thoma did not hesitate. "Does my lord think Lord (y/n) is a suitable candidate?"

Ayato has never quite thought of her as a suitable candidate. Frankly, the word itself diminished his thoughts even considering marriage entirely as he feels rather distant from the concept. He's never quite indulged himself in the rapture of romance nor did he find much pleasure in doing so. Which begs the question of whether or not he would marry?

"We shall see." That was all Ayato could offer before the individual in question could be seen just meters away with a presumed attendant of her own. "Let's greet our esteemed guest, shall we?"

She dressed differently in comparison to the last time Ayato met her; an eccentric navy suit with contrasting white lapels lined with gold and matching navy dress pants. Aurous stars were clipped onto the white of the suit; braided ivory swept from her shoulder tied itself off onto the stars. Her clothing betrayed Inazuma tradition; one might note the irony in this situation. As his family oversaw the preservation of tradition and culture, Ayato found this opposition rather amusing— whether intentional or not.

"Does the Yashiro Commissioner fancy himself in the latest of Fontaine fashion?" (y/n) asked, smirking at Ayato as Thoma pulled the chair out for her. The Hiiragi attendant stood by her side and betrayed no emotions, entirely stoic.

"I am rather interested. If Lord (y/n) would be so kind as to arrange a showing during the next festival, of course." Ayato replied smoothly, gesturing for Thoma to fill the empty ceramics sitting before them. He obliged without a word, doing so efficiently. His movements are quick, using minimal effort to display elegant mastery in the act.

"Hm..." (y/n) hummed, staring at Thoma with intrigue as he finished pouring the tea. "Your attendant is rather capable."

Thoma froze, his gaze flickered down to meet Ayato's for his approval to respond. That of which Ayato nodded. Thoma cleared his throat for a nervous response. "Many thanks, Lord (y/n)... I am sure your attendant is far more capable than I would ever be."

Humble would be the word to describe Thoma. Ever respectful, he takes the compliments with grace and modesty. A servant befitting of the Kamisato Clan and certainly worthy of the title of Chief Retainer.

"How modest. I suppose modesty is a motif in your family, yes? I would've thought the Yashiro Commissioner to be more forthright."

Ayato took that as a challenge, perhaps to rile him. Evidently the attempt failed as he simply chuckled, taking the moment to sip the freshly brewed tea instead. Little did he know, the game of chess had already begun.

"I can be forthright when needed, Lord. Do you want me to be more candid with you?" Ayato answered, glancing up from the reflection of his teacup with a teasing smirk. He watched as the corner of her lips twitched with irritation— he wasn't falling for her words, to denounce his reputation. It was now her move.

"I believe it's too early to decide such a thing. After all, you are a gentleman and I am a lady. It would be most inappropriate for us to be addressing one another with such frank words this early in our budding friendship. That of course... Unless the Commissioner is in desperation of a close female companion for a particular reason?" Pawn opening, she begins her counterattack. She knew how to weave the situation to her advantage. The commandment of her tone and words flipped the control entirely in seconds. She was testing him now. Ayato's turn.

"Ah... So you haven't heard? I am in search of someone suitable to be my future spouse. After all, I am of perfect age to marry. Though, I am sure that I will be able to find the perfect candidate soon. Someone befitting the title and acclaim."

Ayato showed his full hand and it was showing a checkmate in the future. The tides switched in his favor as he dropped his knowledge before the now-heir of the Hiiragi Clan— who was in need of a powerful husband to secure the seat of Head. Though of course, Ayato was not aware of this political strife just yet. She was in check and quickly needed to make a move before she got overwhelmed.

This knowledge entirely warped the plan in a whole new direction— with this, (y/n) would be capable of achieving what she needed to do. But her pride would not allow herself to be wooed so easily; not by a man, least of all. She wouldn't allow herself to fall to her knees and plead to be Kamisato Ayato's future spouse— oh, she would not dare. To chase after a man? The thought is too repulsive and far too embarrassing; and her pride would never recover from such a fate.

"Does the Commissioner have someone in mind?"

She narrowly escaped checkmate. Testing the waters to see what he would say in response. Purposefully admitting 'already' to see if there was a chance for her to sway his mind. Kamisato Ayato is not one to be hasty in a decision like this— if anything, this gesture of invitation meant that she likely had a head start before the others!

"Hm..." Ayato hummed quietly as a gentle gale of autumn blew past them, carrying whispers of sakura blossoms around.

A few of the blossoms landed in the cups of tea, daintily floating atop in balance of the depths below. Even during the autumnal season, the Electro Sakura trees remained in bloom until the brinks of winter; wherein frost will freeze the pink petals until late spring when they will flower once more.

"Of the three major clans, I would suppose you and Kujou Sara make the best options, yes? Though I'm positive you're in a happy position living life with the authority you possess. I couldn't see you being tethered to a man for the sake of more power." Oh, he had no idea.

The current Hiiragi Clan is up in arms about the next heir once Chiato marries. After her announcement to her family member's that she would be selecting the heir in two weeks time— the night before her wedding. To do things on such short notice without the consultation of the rest of the family had created an unbearable environment of dramatic lies, power-grabbing, and authoritative abuse. Every individual for themselves as they tried to woo Chisato with bribes, words, anything to sway her mind.

But of course, Chisato is reliable in one department (unlike the rest of the Hiiragi family) and that was her stubbornness. Perhaps an inherited trait by the two sisters, once Chisato made a decision— she is firm on it. No amount of pleading would ever change her stance.

Thus, no matter what the other members of the family do— they stood no chance against (y/n).

Winning the candidacy to become the next Head of the clan was an easy battle. What really mattered was this match here, to somehow convince Kamisato Ayato to marry (y/n) in time for the announcement to ensure her position.

"Then it's not a matter of love to you, Commissioner?" She inquired curiously, still pondering exactly why he was suddenly looking for someone to marry. Certainly no one was pressuring him to find someone unlike her own circumstance.

"Not necessarily. Marriage in name is what I desire." Ayato answered back, solemnly taking another sip of the tea Thoma had just refilled to rid of the petals caught in steaming liquid.

"And what of status? Does it not matter to you?"

He chuckled softly, shaking his head at her questions. "I do not mind such fickle things but as a man of my position, I do know my own authority. For something as momentous as this, I doubt I would go unscathed by the people we surround ourselves with."

People will certainly talk if the Yashiro Commissioner took a commoner as a spouse. Perhaps greed blinded them to the sentimentalities of true, genuine devotion and love but it still puts immense pressure on the spouse. Especially if they were from a lower class to begin with.

"So, you plan to court Kujou Sara then?" Her voice was steady though the flicker of intrigue gave away her underlying motives. Though, Ayato himself was unsure of what to make of it still. Why exactly is she so interested in someone who cares so little about frivolous things?

"Kujou Sara? No. I sincerely doubt the general would even consider such a thought. She's far too independent and untouchable, don't you think?"

(y/n) smiled and suddenly, Ayato felt a cold breeze. The drift of pink petals fluttered around them, enveloping them in a gale of sakura blossoms before the zephyr died; the sight was stunning to say the least. His eyes never broke from her stare, the allurement and sparkle of mischievousness captured his interest.

"Then what of me? What do you think of me, Kamisato Ayato?"

She countered him in seconds, a mere turn had spun the game on its head to tilt in her favor. Checkmate would come in a couple of moves; victory. She was so close, sweet victory lay at the tip of the tongue.

Kamisato Ayato however, does not go down without a fight. The Leader of the Shuumatsuban always has a few tricks up his sleeve.

"I think... that we are very similar, Lord (y/n)."

She drew back a bit, raising an eyebrow at him. "And why do you say that?"

Ayato chuckled softly, just barely louder than the autumnal gale. "Why, I think we are in a similar position— are we not?"

Deafening silence followed his words. (y/n) was stunned though her face betrayed nothing. Had he seen right through her tricks? Or is this another bluff?

"Similar position, Commissioner? I believe you are mistaken... I am the Hiiragi's failure whilst you are the prize of all of Inazuma. The adoration you receive is my scorn. I do not think you would dare entertain the idea that we are in similar positions—"

"I meant marriage status wise. You, the available yet untouched and infamous heir presumptive. And I, the available Commissioner and Head of the Kamisato Clan."

She breathed steadily, face warming with every passing second. "What are you implying, Commissioner?"

She didn't like this, not in the slightest bit. Control is slipping from her fingers and it left her raw and exposed. The vulnerability of this game had suddenly turned on her as he revealed the ace up his sleeve— the final diversion to set alight a distraction from his own motives to illuminate hers.

"Should we marry, we would fulfill the empty requirements in our lives... Don't you think, Lord (y/n)?"

It's true that his proposal would certainly benefit both individuals, yet she found that great disdain for having to kneel to the individual who had just won this battle between the two of them. Unless again, this was just a bluff to corner her.

"Quite so..." She answered with hesitation in her voice. "Your thoughts, Commissioner? What do you think of me as your potential spouse?"

Ayato hummed amusingly, a smirk tugging at his lips. "I think..." He leaned over the table, gaze locked on (y/n). "That you're just the right person."

He certainly had a way with his words, she admitted to herself. Had she not steeled herself for this, she would've easily been trapped in his web of spun lies and trickery.

"You certainly know how to manipulate the odds in your favor, Kamisato Ayato." (y/n) pulled back, standing up from her seat as she looked down at the smirking blue-haired man. His eyes betrayed nothing; bright summer skies full of elusive mischief. She hated that she couldn't see past his schemes this time around. "Thank you for the invitation but I must be on my way. I have much to attend to before my sister is wed."

Ayato nodded, his smirk ever present on his lips. "Then I bid you farewell, Lord (y/n)."

She rolled her eyes at him before nodding to the attendant to her right, following in her stead. The two left without another word.

Ayato leaned back in his seat, sighing heavily before Thoma piped up to remark on the exchange between his Lord and the Hiiragi heir.

"My lord... What you said back there... Do you really wish to court her?"

In all honesty, Ayato hadn't really thought about what exactly he was saying as it was near the spur of the moment. She challenged him to the brink of his own capacity and he dared not lose. Not even for a second. The victory that came when she went silent without a response was truly sweeter than any confectionery— and he relished in it. That exchange alone greatly boosted his confidence.

"Well, words are words, Thoma. Actions certainly speak louder, yes?" Ayato chuckled, his index hooked around the neck of the teacup as he brought the ceramic to his lips. He took a generous sip and placed the teacup back down on its saucer.

Cold, he noted. The tea had gone cold.

( END OF ACT I, SCENE III )

author's note.

(052922) hello hello friends! i have finally returned with an update! we have more mc interaction with ayato this time around so i hope you're pleased with it :)

i am planning to write at least two chapters each month but seeing as how i only updated this once this month (due to finals)— i will attempt three updates next month.

wish me luck as i am starting work soon so let us hope i can actually fulfill that promise hhh

in any case, thank you as usual for reading! until next time, dear readers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 214 12
[COMPLETE - 10/10] After finding Thoma stranded on the beach, Ayaka decides to take him in. Eventually, Thoma swore his loyalty to the Kamisato sibli...
2.6K 201 26
"All within this estate is yours-from the facilities, down to the staffsδΈ€they're yours to use. Use us for as long as you need." Running water, a war...
5.6K 180 13
hi there! :) i was originally going to name this story "Prinzessin" but that's for a story with fischl in it, so I chose this :'D Kamisato Ayaka is t...
146K 5K 65
growing up in the palace, you're the adopted daughter of the Raiden Shogun growing up under her care tutelage, she trained you to become a skilled wa...