Monachopsis

By ZeepZoop_Z

This a fanfic with orphan bench trio, angst, mental illness, and vigilante activities Idk how much I'll writ... More

Chapter 1 Pt. 1
Chapter 1 Pt. 2
Chapter 2 Pt. 1
Chapter 2 Pt. 2
Chapter 3 Pt. 1
Chapter 3 Pt. 2
Chapter 4 Pt. 1
Chapter 4 Pt. 2
Chapter 5 Pt. 1
Chapter 5 Pt. 2
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Updates!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 19

267 11 10
By ZeepZoop_Z

CW: Probably bad grammar (idk I haven't proofread yet), mentions of abuse, mentions of death, guilt tripping, drinking, drinking underage, meltdowns, and sadness. (Comment if I've missed any)

Ranboo's eyes blinked repeatedly, trying to get rid of the sleep in his eyes. Turning their head, three figures were laying on the couch as well. It took Ranboo a second to come to his senses. 'Wait, HEH?! WHERE AM I- Oh. Those two kids said they knew dad. Why'd I trust them again?' He messed with his hands as they asked themself.

'Just breathe, dude. Ok. So, that one taking up half of my pillow is...Dream? I think that's what he said his name was. Weird. Ok ok. Then, the long-haired brunette dude...chick? Person? Person. Well, they're Eret...I think.' Blinking again, Ranboo grabbed his phone. '1:46. Great. Now, pink haired dude. Wasn't his name Technoblade? Or something?' That's a weird name. Oh yes, my name is a style of fast, heavy electronic dance music, typically with few or no vocals, plus blade, as in something you kill things with. Very inviting.' Looking at their hand as they set their phone down, a marker-skeleton hand startled them.

'Wait.' Flipping off the blanket covering him, thousands of drawings stared back at him. 'Well great.' Looking back at Techno, they studied his position. His body laid against the armrest, and his head was probably propped up with his hand before going to sleep, due to his hand's awkward position on the armrest, hanging off it's ledge. Looking at his face, a marker-mustache ruined the actually-decent makeup done on him. Pink hair covered the back of the sofa.

'His neck's gonna hurt later. Like hell.'

"Hey, um, anyone up?" Ranboo thought he might as well see.

"Yeah." Dream's voice was muffled due to being face-down in the pillow. He flipped onto his back but stayed laying down. "What's up Ranman?"

— — —

Ranboo squeezed their eyes as they woke up. Grabbing his phone, he checked the time. 'Ah, 6. Fun.' Turning their head, they looked to Tubbo. 'Sleep well, Bee.' Slipping out of bed, Ranboo grabbed a floral button up and put it on swiftly, the orange and red of the shirt looked nice with the white sports-bra type crop-top with his white boxers. Walking out of their room, they took one last look at Toby through the crack in the door.

"Love you Toby."

Slowly closing the door, he started to the kitchen; grabbing a mug—Micheal had made it with Phil—by its wonky handle and putting it under the Keurig and making some coffee. The pink, orange, and purple mug struck a cord in Ranboo's heart, but they ignored the sting of its backlash. Grabbing a note and a pen, he scribbled a sappy note before ending it with "I'm at Will's if you need me, love you Bee." Grabbing three slices of bread, they slid them into the toaster oven, leaving the note on the table. Ranboo opened a cabinet and pulled out a shaker cup and a slid the container filled with Slimfast powder towards him. Ranboo's big on the aesthetics, what can I say.

Grabbing the milk jug, they started making their breakfast shake. 'Rich Chocolate Royale is literally the only good flavor.' He smiled as he shook the drink. *beep!* 'ah, the toast!' Sliding over (he's wearing fuzzy socks) to the toaster, he pulls the three slices out. They covered one in 1/2 peanut butter and 1/2 jelly, the other two in Nutella, placed their shake down, grabbed the coffee and placed it next to the plate with the toast, topped off with the note stuck to the plate. Grabbing one piece of Nutella toast and his drink, he headed to the Minecraft's apartment.

— — —

Azure woke up with Will's hot breath on their neck. Wilbur, who had been spooned by Azure when they went back to sleep, was now facing them, his chin on their shoulder. Azure hadn't moved, but had his arms wrapped around Will. Slowly and carefully, Azure slipped away and put on one of Will's sweaters—They were wearing just a sports bra—and stole some tan culotte shorts. Slipping out the door, they were met with Techno making coffee.

"So, if I may ask, why were you in my brother's room?"

"Um...we both couldn't sleep, so we chatted in his room until he drifted off. I must've fell asleep."

"Well, last time I checked you didn't own a emerald-colored sweater Azure." Techno smirked as he made his way to them. Raising his hand, he offered them a coffee. Azure took it and Techno went to sit down on the couch.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Why do you care if I steal his clothes?"

"Oh, I don't, but he'll tease you."

"Oh, most definitely." Ranboo smirked, walking into the room from the hall.

"Holy shit, where'd you come from?" Azure saw Technoblade silently giggle for a second.

"Phil's room. Old man was already awake."

"Oh, shut up mate." Phil walked past Ranboo and ruffled his hair. Sitting next to Techno, he grabbed his tea.

"Hey, d- Phil that's mine."

"Not anymore Techie." Phil smirked as he took a sip. Techno rolled his eyes. Another mug hit the glass side-table.

"Here you go, Tech."

"Thanks Ran. Anywho, who's waking Wilbur up? How about his new girlfriend?"

Azure went visibly red. "Oh, actually," they spoke quickly, avoiding the comment, "I use They/them. Can you spread that around? He/him's cool too, just, not she/her. Not right now, at least."

"Oh, ok. Of course." Phil nodded at Techno's reply.

"Yeah." Ranboo smiled. "I'll go wake him-"a scream came from Wilbur's room. "Ok, nevermind!" All four ran to Will's room. Azure got there first, putting a hand on Wilbur's back. Techno kneeled—well, he looked like he was genuflecting to his brother—on the bed. Ranboo stood in the middle of the room, and Phil leaned against the doorframe, keeping a watchful eye on his nightmare-ridden son.

"Don't worry Will, don't worry. We've gotcha. Fundy's ok." Azure rubbed his back in little rhythmic circles. They found themself trapped in a hug. A tight one.

"What happened?" Techno asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I stabbed him. I stabbed Fundy. I-" he broke into racking sobs. Azure split slightly from him, and cradled his cheek in their hand.

"Breathe. No you didn't. Fundy's safe." Azure's thumb wiped his tears. "You're ok." Wilbur stopped sobbing, but the shaking didn't cease. He pressed their heads together. "Will, calm. I need you to breathe." Azure hummed. After a while the crying faded into sniffles.

"Let's go get you some tea, mate." Phil chimed.

"Mmm. Tea..." Wilbur mumbled, his waist held by Azure. Techno stood on his other side, and Ranboo walked behind the three. When the two of them sat on the couch, Wilbur leaned on Azure. They didn't complain. They played with his hair as he sniffled. Ranboo sat on the sofa opposite of the two. Rosie walked into the quiet room shyly.

"What was all that noise?" A flappy, pale-yellow bunny rested in the crook of her arm, failing as she walked.

"Nothing Rosie. Go back to sleep." Wilbur mumbled.

"No!" She huffed.

"Just come over here, Rose." Techno set his mug down as he sat onto a separate couch between the other two, all of which faced the coffee table in the middle. She sped over and sat next to him, leaning on him and he brushed her hair with his fingers.

"I thought you didn't like kids." Phil smirked as he sat on Rosie's other side.

"Oh shut it. So, what's are next play here?" Techno redirected the conversation.

"I say we make alliances. As many as we can." Azure prompted. Wilbur made a sound of agreement.

"Who though?" Technoblade grabbed a pillow and his notebook to write ideas down. His pen clicked. Bringing his legs to himself, he sat cris-cross with the pillow in his lap, the notebook on top of it. Techno's messy braid, made the night before, laid over the couch's back. His glasses slid down his nose. Rosie pushed them up as she curled up next to him, her head on the pillow.

"Well, we can talk to the Rivendell, the Relics, and..." Phil's voice trailed off.

"What?" Techno queried.

"Dream." Ranboo said for him. "Phil's suggesting we ask Dream for an alliance."

"Do you think that's necessary?" Technoblade started.

"It would give us an edge." Azure stressed.

"It would also give us numbers." Everyone looked to Will. "Think about it. What is it that The Gamblers have? Numbers and relics. We have the relics, and we have people to use them, but we're outnumbered." He fell back into discomfort. "It, it's just...I'm pointing it out."

"Well-" Phil started before the door opened.

"Um...Ranboo?"

"Over here Bee." Ranboo raised his hand. Tubbo shuffled to sit next to him.

"Um...Will? You ok king?" He mumbled a response.

"He's getting better." Ranboo concluded as he put an arm around Tubbo. Techno looked at Phil. Phil smirked slightly. Ranboo rolled his eyes at Technoblade. "Continue Phil."

"Ok. Well, Wilbur is right. I don't think getting them on our side will be hard either."

"Oh of course not." Ranboo agreed. "We have 404. Also, he has emotional attachments to people here."

"You mean you and Eret?" Tubbo turned his head to face Ranboo.

"Well yes, but also Techno, and Phil—oh and he loved Lani." They paused. "He ditched us, but Dream doesn't abandon. We saw that when he let us walk out with Eret. He still cares." The room was silent. A knock hit the door. "Oh for the gods sake." Ranboo muttered under his breath, getting a quiet laugh from Tubbo. "Come in!" They yelled.

"Hey, um...I need help." Tommy started. "With Shroud." He walked in and closed the door, holding the child at his hip. "He won't open his eyes. They keep saying their eyes hurt, but won't show me."

"I'm scared it'll scare you." Shroud signed as it was sat on the ground.

"Can you let me see your eyes?" Phil questioned. Shroud shook his head. Ranboo walked to the kid and placed a hand on zirs shoulder.

"If I take you out of the room will you show me your eyes? Just me?" Shroud nodded and offered Ranboo his hand. Taking his hand, Ranboo gave Tommy a comforting nod before picking Shroud up and taking him to the restroom.

"Hey Shroud." Ranboo set them beside the bathroom sink. "Now, why do you think it'll scare us?"

"We'll when my second pupils started forming my eyes hurt like this, so I don't know what happened. Micheal's and Michelle's white eye hurt the same way when they became white. I'm scared about what might've happened..." It's hands shook as it signed.

"We don't care. Tommy thinks your eyes are hella cool. We all do." Ranboo smiled. "Can you open your eyes for me?" Shroud exhaled before opening his eyes.

"Oh."

"Oh?!" Shroud signed worriedly.

"How...interesting!"

"What?!"

"One of your eyes changed. Only one."

"How's it look!?"

"Turn around and see for yourself." Ranboo smiled. Turning, Shroud was met with his reflection. His left eye had turned a light purple. Their second pupil had split horizontally. "Your left eye looks like a domino." Ranboo smiled. "You look cool as hell, kid. Don't worry."

"Thanks Uncle Boo." Ranboo ruffled zirs hair as ze sighed.

"You ready to go back out there?" It nodded. "Ok."

Walking in, Shroud kept his head down. "Oh my Gods, are you ok?" Tommy cupped his face.

"Promise you won't hate me or something?"

Tommy shook his head. "Shro, I could never!" Shroud twiddled with zirs fingers as ze shifted zirs body weight between zirs legs. "I promise." With Tommy's hand still cupping its downcast face, Shroud raised its face and made eye contact with Tom.

"Awe Shroud...man, you're eyes are gorgeous. I-I love your eyes. Whether they change or not. They make you, well, you." Tommy smiled just before being knocked over in a hug. As Shroud squeezed Tommy, he knew what Shroud was saying even though he—obviously—couldn't say it.

'I love you.'

"I love you too, bud."

"Now, not to ruin the moment," Tubbo chided, "but are we doing this or not, Boo?"

Tommy looked at Tubbo.

"Eh?"

— — a week later — — —

"What're they doing in there?" Tommy paced outside the meeting room door as he heard Ranboo yell for silence.

"I honestly don't know, Tom." Tubbo placed his hands on his hips. "I swear, can you stand still!?"

"You sound like a parent, Tubs."

"Not my fault you're a child." Tubbo smirked.

"Hey-" the door opened, barely missing Tommy's side. "Hey! Will, what's going on in there?" Wilbur looked at Tommy before walking away.

"I'm not losing Enderblade's trust for telling you. Sorry."

"Ugh. Tech-"

"No~" Techno hummed as he caught up to Wilbur. Before Tommy could even ask the next person.

"Shh. Stop saying people's real names. We could've still been on call. This is our intermission before the big meeting." Ranboo put a hand on Tommy's shoulder. "Chill out Tums."

"Why won't you just let us in?!" He whined as Tubbo rolled his eyes.

"Oh my gods, Tommy, what are you 5?"

"Don't patronize me!" He spat.

"Well maybe-"

"You two." Phil stepped out of the meeting room with Lani and Niki behind him. His eyes looked at the two and got them to quiet down. They looked like children being scolded. The three walked off in the same direction as the others.

"See? Even Lani was in there!" Tommy was still arguing, but was still a tad bit quieter.

"If you can be quiet for the whole time I'll let you two in, but I swear if you speak once without permission-"

"Gods, you sound like my mom." Tubbo rolled his eyes, assuring Ranboo that he didn't think of them in that light in the process. "We'll shut up. Right Bossman?" Tubbo elbowed Tommy.

"Oh yeah, mhm. Of course, King." Tommy sported a shit-eating grin.

"Ah, whatever." Ranboo looked annoyed, if you didn't know them. But Tubbo noticed the glint in his eye, and Tommy saw his lax hands. "Come on in you two." Ranboo waved them inside. After sitting there until the break was over, everyone sat in the small meeting room. Lani went around pouring people drinks before sitting next to Niki.

"We ready?" Ranboo looked at their co-workers. Their friends. Their family. His family nodded back. "Ok. Prepare yourself."

"Wait, why?"

"Shh." Techno put a figure up to his mouth at Tommy.

'Rude.' Tommy glared at Technoblade, forgetting that he'd promised to be quiet.

"Now, why're you calling me- oh." Tommy and Tubbo stared wide-eyed at the projection of Dream on the wall. "You've called this meeting, Enderblade. I thought it was Emperor or something, trying to bargain. Why're you at the head of the table?"

"I'm in charge. Highness set me as her fallback." Ranboo almost smiled at Dream's disbelief, but bit the inside of his cheek.

"How...wonderful." Dream forced through clenched teeth. What Ranboo didn't say is he was the second fallback, if Dream hadn't left, he'd be in charge right now. He'd be good at it too. But as I said, Ranboo wasn't gonna say that. "So, what's the deal, Enderblade?"

"Well, we've figured out that you don't have to be our enemy." Tommy and Dream's reactions looked identical. Their backs straightened and their heads tilted slightly upwards. Their eyes started to look at Ranboo's torso instead of his eyes, as if it was difficult to look at him.

Dream exhaled. "Um...what?"

"We have been finding kids that were being abused and experimenting on and now some kids of ours have been kidnapped. We thought it was your schtik, but." Ranboo looked at Wilbur and nodded, which he took as his que to speak.

"I found two people talking in the facility we found the kids in. We realized that we needed help if we wanted to take them down."

"Well, who's 'them'?" Dream prompted.

"The Gamblers." Tommy and Dream gasped. Tubbo nudged Tommy with a scolding look. His eyes asked a question, though. 'Who are they?'

"You're kidding." Dream spat.

"No, I'm not." Ranboo bit their cheek. "Come in Ibchesi." Jack Manifold, wearing the same outfit Tommy first saw him in, walked in with Error at his side. He put 404 in a chair beside his own.

"Come on in, little one." Emperor coaxed Michelle to walk out the door Didcoi (Jack) and Error came out of. She sat next to 3D (Jack), sitting her close to Tubbo.

"Error?!" Dream exclaimed.

"He's ok, we didn't do anything. You can have him back, I just want you to come chat. In person."

"Why do you have Michelle?!" Dream ignored Ranboo's proposal. Ranboo started to explain but was cut off by Dream yelling once again. The two started yelling so loud Techno looked disturbed. Tubbo rubbed Tommy's back as the blonde covered his ears.

"HEY!" A high pitched scream silenced the entire room. Everyone looked to Michelle. "Dream, they haven't done anything. They saved me."

"From who?"

"Slayess." Tubbo mumbled.

"Who? Wait, who are..." Dream stared at Tubbo. Lights went off in his head. "Your the one Eret got injured for."

"Don't remind me."

"Bastard."

"I didn't ask him to." Tubbo spat.

"So I'm guessing the Gamblers used her and then killed her so she wouldn't say anything?" Dream changed the topic back to Slayess.

"Sure. That's how Alyssa died. No one's actually sure though." As Wilbur spoke, thinking he'd kept Tubbo under wraps, he met Tubbo's eyes. He looked nervous...'oh shit.'

"How do you know Slayess' name, Afinity?" Dream stared at Wilbur menacingly.

"Um...well-"

"Don't. Don't save my ass." Tubbo stood up. "I told him her name."

"How'd you know?"

"I threatened her for information."

"Do you know how she died?" Dream prompted. Ranboo's stomach churned. 'No. No. No, no, no, no no no no no no no no no-'

"I killed her."

Tommy had never heard silence that damn loud. "What?" Niki exhaled.

"...why?" Dream's voice lost all its superiority. He sounded lost.

"She called Micheal a monster. Michelle, a monster. She justified the tests being done to these kids by calling them MONSTERS! I just-" Tubbo's voice cracked.

"Say it." More force returned to Dream's voice. "Now, or I'll kill you whenever I get the damn chance."

Ranboo, not looking away from Tubbo, spoke. "Dream calm down. That's not-"

"It's fine, Enderblade. I'll explain." Tubbo took a deep breath.

"It was like I was a little kid again. My mom yelling at my father 'I didn't want Stinger! Tubbo breathed deeply, "after my mom died, my dad blamed me and my sisters. I was told that I was the reason she offed herself." His voice choked on tears. "I was told I was a monster, and hearing her call the poor, innocent children monsters, I just-" he took a shaky breath; "I snapped."

Dream exhaled. "Wow." Ranboo stared at Tubbo as he was consoled by his sisters and Tommy. It looked as if the Sub Rosa was waiting until Dream left the call to get up.

"I'll be there." Dream paused. "Next week. To the day."

"Gotcha." Ranboo's head shot up to Dream. "Thank you Glitchbreak."

"Whatever, Enderblade." He hung up. Every ran to Tubbo besides Jack and Error as his tears turned to racking sobs, soaking Niki's shirt. Ranboo pushed his way through everyone up to Tubbo and hugged him tight.

After Tubbo calmed down, they decided to start preparing the workers. Ranboo sent everyone with tasks, until it was just him, Tommy, and Tubbo. They suggested that they go take a nap. Tubbo nodded as he grabbed his hand.

Getting to their apartments, Tommy almost walked into his, but Tubbo stopped him. "Come take a nap with us." Tubbo smiled, tears still brimming his eyes. "For old time's sake."

"Ok Tubs." He smiled. The three got in there and Tubbo ended up erupting into tears again, and Tommy and Ranboo won't admit it, but they cried a fair amount too. They were there for each other. Forever and always.

forever

and

always

— — —A week later— — —

Ranboo paced. "Chill out mate," Phil put an arm around him, "it'll be fine."

"Easy for you to say, old man." Ranboo muttered.

"Watch yourself Ranboo." Phil smirked and backed away. A guard opened the door.

"He's here, sir."

"Let him in." Ranboo immediately looked put together; confident. Ranboo clapped thrice. "Come welcome our guest." Dream walked in the building. Tommy stood behind Will and Tubbo found himself beside Ranboo.

"Hello Enderblade. Thank you for inviting me." Dream outstretched his hand and Ranboo took it.

"Of course, Glitchbreak. Thank you for coming." The two separated their hands. "As promised..." Ranboo gestured behind themself. He grabbed Tubbo's side with his other arm and gave him a reassuring squeeze. Error was standing there, handcuff-free. Niki and Jack stood to his either side.

"G- Error!" Dream laughed as he hugged his friend. 'Looking at them', Tommy thought, 'you wouldn't guess that they've killed people.'

"Hey Dream." 404 laughed.

"They didn't-"

"No, like they told me, they're criminals, not monsters." Error smiled at Niki.

"Ugh, your friend here has just as big of a mouth as you." Niki looked serious, but Tubbo laughed, knowing his sister's monotone comedy.

"Good one, Gypsy." Techno smirked as he walked up next to Phil.

"Oh," Dream laughed, "missed a joke. Sorry, didn't take you as the type."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Niki prompted.

"Well, um-"

"Anyways," Phil interrupted, "nice to see you whilst not trying to kill you, Dream." Phill smiled at him. "Let's get to the meeting room. Would you like something to drink?" He asked Dream and Techno as the three walked off. 404 turned to Niki.

"Can I?" He gestured to the three.

"Go."

Error nodded before running after them.

"Gods, that was awkward." Ranboo buried his head in Tubbo's shoulder.

"Why was it awkward?" Niki tilted her head.

"They were friends. Like, brothers." Wilbur had an arm over Tommy's shoulder.

"Ah."

"That's the bastard that killed my parents? He look so...stupid. And ugly."

"Tommy, he had a mask on." Tubbo made a face at him.

"So! I can—well—I can just tell." Tommy crossed his arms.

"Oh-kay." Tubbo stressed; rubbing Ranboo's back, he smiled. "It'll be ok, Boo."

"Ok Bee."

"Ew, sappy." Crumb stood in the corridor.

"Shut up." Ranboo's voice was still muffled by Tubbo's shoulder.

"Well, we've prepared the dining room for after the meeting. Just so you know."

"Thanks."

"Mhm!" She smiled before walking off.

Lani looked at her watch. "Hate to be a buzzkill, but it's time to get to the meeting room."

"Ok." Ranboo straightened and walked to the meeting room with his hand in Tubbo's.

— — —

"So, remind me, you made this plan to team up against The Gamblers because...?" Dream prompted, 404 sitting to his left.

"They were testing on children." Ranboo stated bluntly. The silence in the room was deafening. "We took as many as we could from the facility we've located, but now they know we're on their tail. Michelle was one of the children we saved." Ranboo gestured to a back door, from which the concessions were coming from, and Azure walked in with Michelle. Taking a seat to the other side of Dream, and Azure sat by Will.

"Would you like to share, Michelle?" Lani prompted as she carried some drinks in. Setting them down, she sat around the table's corner to 404, across from Azure.

Michelle nodded. "Well, they saved me, Shroud, Micheal, and Rosie. Micheal and a kid that was living here previously have been kidnapped. I'm just worried about my friends." Tears started streaming down her face, and Dream picked her up.

"Oh, shh, shhhh." He soothed. After she stopped, he looked up at Ranboo.

"We will team up with you if we get provided with essentials-"

"Deal."

"AND you and I need to have a chat about what you've been doing these past years. Complete honesty. Totally raw." Glitchbreak paused as he sipped his drink. "Deal?"

"Deal." Ranboo concluded. "Now, we've got a room for you. Certain people have apartments in the back rooms, and a fake "guesthouse." Others don't even know the apartments exist. Error, you're welcome to stay there. It's where Michelle has been living."

"Gotcha."

— — —

"That's Michelle's room. You can figure out what to do with the other rooms." Ranboo smiled.

"Where's your place?"

"Just next door." Ranboo lead him to the apartment and knocked as they opened the door. "I'm coming in!" Dream tilted his head in confusion. Ranboo ignored his gesture and led Dream inside.

"Make yourself at home, Dream. Do you want something to drink? Coffee, tea, a coke-"

"Do you happen to have any margarita slushies?" Dream smirked as he fell onto the couch.

"I forgot how well you know me." Ranboo smiled as he took two glasses from the cup cabinet. "Which flavor?"

"A piña colada, por favor." Rolling his r's dramatically, Ranboo laughed as they grabbed the frozen margarita bags from the freezer. He started making himself a strawberry one, cutting a banana and strawberry to put on the rim of each other's respective drinks, and sprinkling coconut shavings a top them. After they topped Dream's off with banana pudding, they carried the drinks to the table.

"So, what do you wanna know?" He set his feet on the coffee table.

Dream took a breath in. "How'd you meet your new friends? Also, how'd you stay so off radar? Did they know? How'd you make money? How?" Dream stopped. "That's enough questions for now." He took a sip of his slush. "Answer them."

"Well, Lotv ran away from home and got put in an adoption home, met Chao, and they both broke out. They were stealing food and crap to survive because no one wants to hire 14 year olds during the school year. I found them, helped them out, and let them crash at my place. We became really close, and they moved in." They took a sip of their slush.

"They had no clue about all of this until I had to defend Chao in front of them. They forced me to explain. They knew briefly about how I got on the streets though." He stopped and looked at Dream. He nodded, signaling Ranboo to continue. "I just played it careful. I got tracked down by Eret, so I obviously wasn't doing my best work."

"How'd you make money?"

"Oh, yeah. I worked at a cafe, and a Barnes & Nobles for a bit when it was just me, and Lotv always did online stuff. Hacking for people, stealing info for different government agencies, and finding lost persons or criminals for the reward money. Chao tutored people at his school sometimes, and got a bit of money for being on the Student Body."

"Huh." Dream chugged the rest of his drink down and got up. "You want something else, Ro?" They shook their head. "Suit yourself." Dream sang as he poured himself some Chardonnay. Sitting back down, Dream looked as if he was about to speak, but a knock hit the door.

"Hey, my brother here?" Lani's head popped around the door.

"I think he just got out of the shower."

"Ah. Thanks Rabo." Lani smiled as she walked into his and Ranboo's room.

"Toby Schlatt's here?" Dream raised an eyebrow. Ranboo froze.

"Ah shit." Ranboo laughed, tipping his head back. "You weren't supposed to know his name, dumbass."

"Well, you guys are clueless. Maybe don't talk to an outsider with background in a preoccupied space next time?"

"Oh shut up!" Ranboo laughed the words out choppily after downing his margarita. He grabbed Dream's glass of Chardonnay and drank what was left.

"Oh my Gods!" Dream laughed as he took the glass back. It felt normal, now that they were both a bit tipsy. Normally they aren't that easy to get loopy, but they were working themselves up and were drinking way faster than normal. "Why're you drinking so damn much!?" The two erupted into sputtering giggles.

"Tubs is gonna kill me. Gotta be prepared!" Another eruption of laughter ensued. Tubbo walked out.

"Boo-"

"Wait Stinger here is a Schlatt?!" Dream burst into more laughter. Ranboo had a shit-eating grin plastered on their face, trying to keep their composure. Tubbo braced himself for criticism, or the drunken pokes at his sense of self. "Oh kid!" He rose from his seat and reached for Tubbo. He flinched. "Oh kid!" He stressed it this time. It sounded relatively sad. "I'm sorry. Schlatt's such a bad fucking father bro." He reached for Tubbo once more and hugged him.

"No one should go through that." Dream stepped away and fell onto the couch. "I'm sorry." He repeated. "Anywho, why do you two share a place? Wait, do ya'll share that bed?!"

"Dream!" Ranboo giggled as he hit him playfully.

"Owwwww!" Dream groaned.

"Lani-" Tubbo started.

"I'll get Dream a blanket. He can sleep here. You go take Ranboo to bed."

"Thanks." He smiled at his sister.

"Of course." She smiled back.

— — —

Ranboo woke to Tubbo's side of the bed empty. 'What the...? Oh. Gods, I don't even remember getting in bed.' Ranboo got up slowly. 'Double Gods, my damn head.' Walking to the living room slowly, he stopped when he saw Tubbo sitting down on the sofa's armrest, a mug in hand.

"So, you're Toby Schlatt?"

"So you're Clay Wastaken?"

"Touché." Dream smiled.

'Huh?' The room started to spin and the colors merged together. Hurrying to the bed, Ranboo caught his fall on the mattress. Their thoughts blurred together. The lack of sleep from constant working fell onto them all at once. Meanwhile, Dream patted the couch cushion beside him.

"Sit." He smiled. Tubbo slid off the arm of the seat into the indicated space. "Now, I need to ask you something, but you have to be 100% honest. Promise?" Tubbo nodded. "How's Ranboo? Is he ok?"

Tubbo's posture softened. "Oh. Yeah, um. He's been doing better now that he's actually telling us stuff instead of bottling everything up. They're still dealing with stuff obviously. He blames himself for the kidnappings and won't stop working. I don't remember the last time he's slept for more than 30 minutes. Oh, and he still blames himself for Eret, Chao, and I's injuries. They know logically that it's not their fault, but..."

"Yeah." Dream concluded.

"Yeah." Tubbo echoed.

"Yeah." Dream smiled slightly.

— — —

This time Ranboo was greeted by a sleeping Tubbo to his side. "Bee?" They croaked.

"Huh...? Oh. Hey Boo." Tubbo sat up slightly and started to prob Ranboo upright. "I made you tea. It should help with the hangover." 'I used to make it for my dad.'

"Ah, ok. Thanks Bee." Ranboo grabbed Tubbo's cheek.

"Of course." Tubbo smiled as he reached over Ranboo to grab the tea. He tried his hardest to not pull away from Ranboo's hand while doing so. Tubbo held the mug from the bottom with one hand and used the other to hold his jaw just as Ranboo's hand slid off Tubbo's face. Both of Ranboo's hands cupped the mug of tea and helped guide it to their mouth. Tubbo tipped the cup over Ranboo's bottom lip, and the tea slid down Ranboo's throat. Ranboo let go of the cup and Tubbo set it on the nightstand behind him.

Ranboo raised a hand and cupped Tubbo's face once more. "I love you Bee. So much."

"I love you too, Boo." Tubbo's hand rested on Ranboo's chest. "So much more." After looking at one another for what felt like ages, Tubbo laid his head on Ranboo's chest. Ranboo's hand slid over Tubbo's side and wriggled between Tubbo's side and the mattress. Ranboo kissed the top of Tubbo's forehead.

"I love you most."

Tubbo curled up into them. "I love you more than most."

Ranboo squeezed Tubbo. "I loved you first."

"That's not..." Ranboo laughed at Tubbo's silence.

"Shut up."

— — —One day later— — —

"I mean, Dream was always my sparring partner." Techno smiled. "You and him should spar. You can actually hold your own pretty well."

"Ah thanks Techno-"

"Hey, Tubs." Tommy walked over. "Sorry, gotta steal him from you for a bit. Tata!"

"Wait what?" Wilbur looked at the duo quizzically.

"Follow me Tubs." Grabbing his rist, Tommy dragged Tubbo outside, away from the others.

"Wait Tom-"

He led his friend through the entrance to the base to a blue car. "Get in." Tommy prompted as he jumped into the driver seat. He through Tubbo a file as he sat in the passenger seat reluctantly.

"What's this?"

"The plan to get Fundy back that Will and Azure have been scheming up. We're gonna get him as a surprise."

"Tommy, this doesn't sound like a good idea-"

"You want Micheal back?"

Tubbo stared at Tommy in shock. "I- Of course I do! I just...I don't think-"

Tommy shhhed him. "I got Shroud to grab the plans. You wanna go in or am I?"

"Shroud?" Tubbo looked behind him to see the kid on zir iPad. "Oh Tommy, I don't know."

Tommy kept driving.

"Tommy."

"Tommy!"

No response. Tubbo huffed and continued to study the file.

After sitting in the tense silence for a while, Tommy spoke. "We're here." He parked the car and got out.

"Tommy I still don't think this is a good idea."

"Well, you wanna keep going to sleep restless? What if they've cut one of Micheal's arms off?"

"That's excessive, Tom."

"You know what I mean. These people aren't trustworthy."

"Obviously not, I just-"

"I heard Ranboo talking to Phil." Tubbo looked at his friend and tilted his head slightly. "They're planning on waiting a while longer to even start advancing. I just...I can't wait that long. You aren't eating, Wilbur's getting those nasty fucking nightmares, and Ranboo isn't sleeping. How long was it that they slept after that smiley bastard got them drunk?"

"24 hours..."

"24 fucking hours Tubs! Come on."

Tubbo locked eyes with Tommy.

"I..." Tubbo gulped as he shook his head, "I'll stay out here with Shroud. You go in. I have the map of the place pulled up."

Tommy smiled at his friend. "We'll get Fundy and Micheal, then we'll get out. It'll be fine."

Shroud jumped onto the center console. "Wait, question."

"What Shroud?"

"Well," Shroud signed, "if you could, maybe you could possibly get another one of the kids? I can give you some names."

"Ok, give me the names. I'll try."

"Tesis, Connor, and Callahan. They're all really nice, but they're older kids. Especially Tesis. She's always cared for us."

"Ok Shroud." Tommy smiled as he ruffled it's hair. "Ready Tubs?"

"Mhm." Tubbo nodded. Tommy closed the driver seat door and walked towards the building. "Shroud, go sit in the back now." He rolled his eyes before sitting in the back and grabbing his headphones and iPad out of the car floor. Tubbo slid over the center console into the driver's seat.

"TUBBO!" A voice screamed. The two jumped.

"Will?!" Tubbo panicked.

"Where are you?! Where's Tommy?! What are you two doing?!" He sounded worried.

"Um..."

"Well?!"

"Tubbo!" Tommy interrupted. "Where do I go?"

"Keep heading straight until you get to a four way. Go left, I think."

"Wait." Wilbur's voice heightened, "are you two on an unauthorized mission?!"

"Tommy wanted to save Fundy for you, and pulled me into it with Micheal." Tubbo broke, spilling it all to him. "I'm sorry, but it'll be fine. We have Shroud telling us where they keep them during these hours."

"And what if they see Tommy? He has no backup! You have no backup, AND a kid that they want back! Tubbo I swear to the gods-"

"I'm sorry ok!" Tubbo screamed.

"Shh!" Wilbur hissed. "Don't get yourselves killed. I'll be there soon. Tell Tommy."

"Is that Wilbur?" Tommy queried.

"No?"

"Tubboooo."

Tubbo exhaled. "Yes, I told him what we're doing. I'm sorry. He's sending backup though, so-"

"No."

"No?"

"Tell him I came back and called it off."

"What no-"

"Yes. Do it." Tommy paused. "For me? For Micheal? For Ranboo?"

Tubbo contemplated his options as his eyes started welling with water.

"So?" Will spoke. "What'd he say?"

"He's calling off the mission. Oh! There he is. He's walking this way."

"Oh, ok." Wilbur exhaled. "Thank the Gods he's not being difficult today. I'll see you soon."

Wilbur hung up.

"Thanks Tubs. Now, where do I go now?"

Tubbo sniffled. "Turn right one last time, the room with say 'Daycare 1' on it."

"Ah oh-"

"Tommy?"

"Shit!"

"Tommy!?" Tubbo panicked.

"Tommy!?!" He tried to open the cameras. He was met with a face with blue jagged rocks—diamonds?—sticking out of his face.

"Oh, you messed up taking Afreet and messing with our little business, bud." He smiled, and an explosion shot Tubbo through the air. Fading in and out of consciousness, he kept rolling until he ended up under something; A car. A figure that resembled Pandora walked up to the car's remains. He started dragging something away. It was moving.

'Huh? Objects don't move. How bad is my concussion?' He laughed loopily to himself for a while before the pain hit. "Oh motherfucker!" He clenched his head. 'Why was I even in the damn car? What could he have gra-' Tubbo started shaking.

'Tommy.'

'Shroud.'

'Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no-' As tears raced down his face, almost drowning him along with his racking sobs, he started losing his sight, and then everything when hot.

Then everything went cold.

A/N: Sorry for not updating in ages! Major writers block. You can get more updates on that stuff if you follow my tumblr. I also made an angst playlist for M!Beeduo, and will be making more.

Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0UDXaTe1WPNl86zt60Qimq?si=yZ_tLxnGROquerwmtG-XTw
Tumblr: in bio
Work count: 6.3k

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439K 11.5K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
773K 28.7K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
70.2K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...