He Was Her All 3: Enough is E...

By Skymoon6311

[Book 3] Happily Married and Happily Wed... It's been four years since Mariana and Micah have tied the knot... More

Chapter 1: What They Always Wanted
Chapter 2: New Opportunities
Chapter 3: Dream in Progress
Chapter 4: Playing Together
Chapter 5: Fun Mornings
Chapter 6: Chatting
Chapter 7: Catching Up
Chapter 8: Followed
Chapter 9: Development
Chapter 10: Breakdown
Chapter 11: Making you Feel Better
Chapter 12: Beach
Chapter 13: Moving Ahead
Chapter 14: Baseball
Chapter 15: Partying
Chapter 16: Completed Build
Chapter 17: DisneyWorld
Chapter 18: Crisis
Chapter 19: Deceived
Chapter 20: Following Breadcrumbs
Chapter 21: Hopeless
Chapter 22: Returning
Chapter 23: Getting Help
Chapter 24: Horrible Realizations
Chapter 25: How it All Began
Chapter 26: Comfort and Pastries
Chapter 27: History Logs
Chapter 28: Cheering Up
Chapter 29: Ignition
Chapter 30: Pondering
Chapter 31: Conflicted
Chapter 32: Bittersweet
Chapter 33: Interrogation
Chapter 34: Deeper Outlook
Chapter 35: Nature
Chapter 36: Running Away
Chapter 37: Violent Acts
Chapter 38: Thinking
Chapter 39: A Pleasant Surprise
Chapter 40: Letting it Out
Chapter 41: An Honest Conversation
Chapter 43: Good Hair Day Turn Bad
Chapter 44: Ignorance in Innocence
Chapter 45: Unusual Location
Chapter 46: Gathering Everything
Chapter 47: Heart to Heart
Chapter 48: On The Hunt
Chapter 49: Mariana's Ultimate Revenge
Chapter 50: Uncovered Secrets
Chapter 51: Back to Normal
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: School Issues
Bonus Chapter: Daddy and Son
Bonus Chapter: Out with Cousins
Author's Note
A Piece of Her Heart

Chapter 42: Fragments

15 2 58
By Skymoon6311

Mariana crossed her legs in her sleep. They couldn't remain still as her mind thundered and struck her with a lightning blast, exploding out nightmares. She brutally kicked the sheets like she was running through a desolate forest.

Her feet pattered against the bristly and withered grass underneath. She raced like lightning and the ground whizzed behind her. The sound of gunshots flooded the air as well as the warning lights that flashed crimson columns under her feet.

It felt like her mind built an infinite maze and she was running endlessly through, making her head toss every swift direction she took. Each shot made her hair spring and her heart almost jump out of its cages, trying to escape the darkness of her world.

Suddenly everywhere became filled with bats flapping everywhere. They overspread the hazy sky, transforming the scene with their sharp wings and revealed two extremely long hands. They descended with their crinkling and shriveled knuckles, twizzling them for evil doings. Meanwhile, her body was immovable and glued to the ground.

Mariana mumbled in her sleep as her heart beat rapidly like it wanted to be pulled out. Her eyes squeezed with anxiety of what was to happen, and being unable to escape.

Giant tubes wound round her limbs and arms, trapping her down like she was in surgery. She pulled them up to break free but it was no use. Everything kept flashing before her eyes.

Xavier.

Forest.

Hands.

Bats.

Xavier.

Forest.

Hands.

Bats.

Mariana let out a huge gasp of air as she burst out awake. She clutched the sheets to her chest as it risen. She was back in her room with the light burning brightly above, letting her know she wasn't dreaming anymore.

It was just a dream; it was just a dream.

She sighed tiredly. She was getting extremely weary of this but soon she would sort it out, until that time, she just had to put up with it a little longer.

She then dipped below the covers where Micah was. He slept on his hand that was sandwiched between his head and pillow. She pressed herself against his chest and put one of his arms over her body, so he wrapped her up safely. She nestled into his embrace, and her wispy breaths were soft while hearing his heartbeat. She kissed his lips as the warm covers encased them like two butterflies waiting to bloom.

But suddenly, he stirred unexpectedly and started rubbing her back while placed little kisses on her forehead.

"It's okay, you're safe here," he whispered, "he can't hurt you anymore." He then embraced her tighter to let her know she wasn't alone, and he will keep her safe if he needed to.

Mariana smiled as her face was squished into his chest. Her arm came over his head as she hugged him. She wanted to feel him close as possible to know everything was safe.

The next morning, Mariana walked down the path towards her workplace. Her hair was tidied in a bun, with a couple of strands swirled together and fell down the side. Despite her nightmare this morning, she tried maintaining a optimistic attitude and bore her head up.

The wind came from the back and tickled, making her fear prickle within her and her heart started to accelerate. It howled aggressively like a wolf, and the whistling hiss sounded like the voices from her dream so she started speed-walking to escape it. The trees rustled as well as the bushes, which sent her sprinting through the parking lot.

She hastily pushed through the massive doors like she someone was pursuing her. She staggered inside and almost tripped on her heels. She regained her stability by leaning onto the railing near the entrance. She puffed out a big breath and straightened herself because she realized that her work colleagues surrounded her.

It's okay Mariana you'll be alright.

She smiled the fakest smile at them as she walked. Her teeth performed her façade well, as they returned her smile without a hint of suspicion. Externally, she looked proud to be here, but on the inside, she was dreading every minute and wanted to be home. But her eyes examined all of over like a metal detector. Her nightmares sent her worries through the roof, and she didn't feel safe anymore.

She then noticed Nina ahead and walking towards her. Nina noticed her first and smiled as she quickened her pace.

"Hey!" Mariana said and waved her arm. When they reached the middle, she greeted her with a peck of on each cheek.

"You look so good today!" Nina exclaimed and held her at arm's length. "Does that mean you will get your kids back soon?"

"Thank you and yes!" She exclaimed. Mariana's cheeks were plumped with blush and contour. Her heart raced with joy because she could confidently say that they were getting somewhere in the investigation.

"Aw, that's great! I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks, me too." Mariana smiled but quietened down when she became aware of the passing stares they got. Probably because this is the most her co-workers have heard her speak.

She clutched her purse and became uncomfortable with her flushed cheeks. She quickly smiled at Nina before she noticed her changed emotion.

"Anyway, I'll see you at lunch, Nina."

"Alright. See you later."

And then they parted ways.

Mariana made herself a cup of coffee and then went to her desk. She sighed as she dramatically thumped her mug down. Her head banged on a ranging headache but she cooled it with a gentle massage.

Relax... relax...

She exhaled and then slowly lifted up her head. She turned on the computer and placed on her headphones. She was supposed to make a couple of phone calls today, so that's what she was going to get on with.

She started dialing a number and when the other person picked up, she greeted them with a mumbled but cheerful 'good morning.'

Hello Mariana.

"Hm?" Mariana's eyes snapped fully awake as she heard her name mysteriously murmured through the speakers. She clutched her headphone, wondering if she heard correctly or if she was imagining it.

I know where you are.

"What?" She asked the person. She was supposed to be speaking to a retired doctor, but this voice didn't sound like anyone she heard before. Their was an evil chuckle to their tone which caused a ripple of shivers into her bones. Her chest tightened with fear, and she wondered if anyone else could hear the conversation.

And I'm coming to get you my little niece.

Mariana gasped like it was her last breath and snatched the headphones off. She pushed her chair away like the thing that laid on top of her keyboard was cursed.

She patted her racing heart and her colleagues gave her some concerned glances. Her hair strands flew around and softly landed on her shoulder. She smiled to them that nothing was wrong and slowly pushed her chair back to her desk. She took a quick sip of her coffee to calm herself and placed it down.

She blew off some steam and patted her knees in a rhythm while staring at the headphones. She heard static coming through the speakers. But because she heard the source of her nightmares, she feared hearing it again if she put those on.

Her hands gripped the handles of her chair. She nervously drummed on them, still staring at the headphone. All she desired was a peaceful and stress-free day at work. Not something like this. Now she didn't want to be at here anymore, but in the comfort and safe walls of her own home.

But the unexpected happen, and she heard another faint murmur. Only his time, it sounded more ordinary. So she gathered the courage to pick up the headphone and slid it back on.

"Hello?" She said again.

"Hello Ma'am, is everything alright? I tried saying something, but I didn't get a response."

"Oh hi! Yes, everything is fine. Thank you for agreeing to this interview with me today," she said quickly and gathered herself today. She straightened her back like a professional and got out her notebook.

"May I just ask you a few questions please?"

"Sure, ask me anything you like."

Mariana smiled with newfound confidence and got out and went to the page where all the question were written down. She casually stated them through the microphone, and not once did the conversation turn dark like earlier. Maybe she was just going a little crazy and it was  in her head all along.

The rest of the day went well as she managed to talk with a few other people and write another article. Mariana felt proud of herself but the morning left an imprint of confusion on her heart.

When she got home, she kicked off her heels and flung her purse onto the couch. She then went to change into something more loose and comfortable.

She came out of her bedroom, wearing a tank top and wavy pants, and walked off to the kitchen.

"Hmm, what should I make?" She asked herself and opened the refrigerator. There were some ingredients that could be useful, so she went on her phone and found something called Nutella heart-shaped cookies.

Perfect.

She got out everything she required and arranged it. Then she noticed how empty her kitchen felt without her kids. No one tugging at her leg or be her little helper.

She sighed as Mona wickedly took a part of her and left a hole in her heart. Being in the kitchen was too silent for her, and she wished that she get her kids back soon.

"Come on Rio, your gonna be my little helper instead." She picked him up from his food tray and set him on a stool. She put a little chef hat so he was all ready to keep her company.

She got out dough and wheeled it flat against a board. Then it got sliced into squares and she carefully drizzled Nutella into the center to spread it. She smiled and thought of how Micah was going to love this. It seemed like a delicious recipe for her and the love of her life to enjoy.

Next, she cut up some strawberries and each one occupied their own corner. She offered a small piece for Rio to enjoy but the rest she blended to make a milkshake. She happily hummed to herself as one chocolate got popped in the middle. She laid a cover on top which had a heart cut-out.

She sighed and looked at it proudly. It was coming out nicely and started to look like a mini present. She liked to think of it like that for her special Polpetto, her sweat Meatball.

Suddenly, she heard a loud and irritating knock on the door. She grumbled but went and opened the door.

Surprisingly, it was Mason standing there in his business suit.

"Hi Mariana, is Micah in?"

"No, but he should be coming back soon."

"Oh okay. I just wanted to quickly give you this as I have a bit of free time right now." He pulled out some papers and gave it to Mariana. She began going through the documents while feeling self-conscious on what she was wearing because of him.

"The FBI found a broken bank card in Mona's apartment," Mason explained, "so they reconstructed it, and found that Mona has been transferring large amounts of money to someone."

"Really? Oh wow," Mariana said and leaned on the door. It didn't come as a surprise anymore but wondered what useful information they can get from the card.

"I took this in quite of a rush, because I was excited to tell you and Micah. So they didn't have chance to tell me everything, but one thing I did get is they managed to get the person's IBAN number. So they will use that to identify the bank, and hopefully the country Mona is staying in."

"Aw that's great! I'm so happy!" Mariana jumped and clapped for joy. This news delivered to her a burst of happiness so bright she felt like she was going to cry. Soon, she can cradle her kids in her arms, hugging them tight and never letting them ago.

"Thank you Mason!" She exclaimed.

"No problem Mariana. I'm gonna be going now but I'll keep you guys updated."

"Alright thanks!"

"Also, sorry if I was disturbing you doing something," he said before stepping down from her porch.

"It's fine, as long as its to do with my kids!" She smiled.

Mason went into his car, and Mariana shut the door. She skipped back to the kitchen, her heart overflowing of joy and excitement. She went back to her pastries and set them in the oven. While they were baking, she grabbed Rio and gently twirled around with him. Her veins pumped with delight and she couldn't wait to tell Micah the good news.

Once the pastries were done, she powdered confectioner's sugar and surprised Micah when he got home. They sat down and ate, and the news burst out of her like an explosion. He was shocked but also excited like her. So they celebrated with some music along with their treats.

A/N: Hey I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Fun fact: I got the idea of reconstructing an object from one of my science units.😁😁.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165 38 10
My journey through life, though seemingly effortless, is far from it. As an eighteen-year-old heiress of not one, but two crazy rich families, the we...
8.7K 616 26
After Julia gets taken by a gang, her husbands must do everything in their power to get her back. Once they discover what has happened, they must dea...
462K 13.3K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...
406 4 21
Looking at the Park family you would see a picturesque couple with their three genius, perfect kids. Just a normal family, right? That couldn't be fu...