Drarry : A Snake Life

By SweetSugarSpike

Draco Malfoy has been changed into a snake. Since Harry is the only one who can understand him, he has to car... More

Chapter 1 - The Tree and the Snake
Chapter 2 - Malfoy, come out of this closet!
Chapter 3 - Wands troubles
Chapter 4 - Announcement
Chapter 5 - Let me in your bed tonight
Chapter 6 - A Slight Disappointment
Chapter 7 - Pansy's panties are lousy
Chapter 8 - Out of sync (+18)
Chapter 9 - In Place Cachée
Chapter 10 - Night Attack
Chapter 11 - Sweet Dreams (+18)
Chapter 12 - A Bite
Chapter 13 - Coldness seizes me
Chapter 14 - Bad, bad news
Chapter 15 - Christmas at the Burrow
Chapter 16 - Naughty boys (+18)
Chapter 17 - Keep your secrets secret (+18)
Chapter 18 - A Snake in the grass (+18)
Chapter 19 - Reverse Spell
Chapter 20 - Nightmare
Chapter 21 - Hot bath (+18)
Chapter 22 - Rock, paper, scissors (+18)
Chapter 23 - My turn! (+18)
Chapter 24 - Balderdash
Chapter 25 - A snake in his bosom
Chapter 26 - Doubts
Chapter 27 - Wizard-napped (+18)
Chapter 28 - Stupid, stupid, stupid !
Chapter 29 - A friend and a fiend
Chapter 30 - Trapped
Chapter 32 - Smokescreen
Chapter 33 - Liar, liar, pants on fire !
Chapter 34 - Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 35 - Why? (+18)
[Let's play a game!]
Chapter 36 - Roommate or not roommate?
Chapter 37 - A brand new wizard
Chapter 38 - Home sweet home
Afterword

Chapter 31 - Confession

5.7K 179 16
By SweetSugarSpike

July 1998, seven months earlier, at the Ministry of Magic

"Your brother fought during the Battle of Hogwarts and died honourably. He was a very young wizard, but he was courageous. We're giving you the Medal of Bravery on his behalf. This is little comfort considering his sacrifice, but the Ministry hopes it will help you remembering his courage and what he did for the Wizarding World."

Young Dennis Creevey took the box that the Minister was handing him. In the box, on a crimson piece of velvet was a large coin of gold.

"This is... little comfort indeed" Dennis said in a broken voice, touching the medal with his index finger.

Kingsley gave him a smile full of compassion and put his hand on Dennis shoulder. He pressed it once.

Dennis went out of the room and slumped onto a bench in the corridor. At that moment, he didn't really pay attention to the person sitting at the other extremity of the bench. He had other things in mind.

He sighed.

His older brother was everything to him. They used to spend all of their time together, even if they weren't the same age. Dennis was proud he fought during the war, but now he was alone. Colin and him had a plan: becoming Aurors together. How was he supposed to carry on without him?

Dennis sat backwards and his skull hit the wall softly. His eyes stopped on 'Have you seen this wizard?' poster in front of him. The face of Lucius Malfoy made him wince. After the war, Malfoy disappeared into thin air and the Ministry offered a reward to anyone who would give information about him.

The young boy felt a sour taste in his mouth. This Death Eater was alive and free, whereas his brother, who was on the good side, died. He gritted his teeth.

"There is no justice" he muttered. Then he realised that the person who was also sitting on the other end of the bench had said the exact same thing.

He looked up and recognised Gregory Goyle almost immediately. The two boys looked at each others in surprise. What was he doing here?

Dennis glimpsed at what Goyle was holding. It was a long parchment with a red stamp across it that said 'denied'. He also saw the name of Goyle's father on it and he understood that the Slytherin boy had tried to appeal the Ministry decision. And he failed, apparently.

The trial of Goyle's dad was a month ago, Dennis had read his name in the newspaper. The Death Eater had been sentenced to a life-long imprisonment into Azkaban. The Slytherin boy was certainly resentful to see that his father was in jail, but not Lucius Malfoy.

Goyle's eyes fell on the medal that the Gryffindor kept in his hand and gave him an odd, similar look. Dennis understood that Goyle probably also knew why he was here. They stared at each other for a long time, but remained silent for a while.

"Tough day" Dennis finally let out.

"Yes."

They paused.

"Especially when you see that the law is not the same for everyone" Goyle spitted, waving towards Lucius Malfoy poster.

Dennis nodded ; after a few seconds, the Slytherin teared the parchment he was holding. He stood up and left.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1st of September, Platform Nine and Three-Quarter

Dennis put his luggage into the train. His mood was slightly better, he was happy to go back to Hogwarts. Not only could he see his friends again, but he could escape from his house. His mom was sinking deeper and deeper into depression and his dad was barely home... He was walking along the platform when he saw Goyle. Already sitting in a compartment of the train, he was with Malfoy, Zabini and Parkinson. Even if he was tagging along with his childhood friend, he looked dull.

Goyle suddenly looked up and saw Dennis as well, probably sensing his gaze onto him. The two boys looked at each other. Dennis was paler, thinner and he wasn't smiling.

They both turned away. Dennis got into the train and searched for an empty seat.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mid-September, Hogwarts

Gregory Goyle was walking in the grass, not far from the castle. It was late evening, there was no one in sight. He was in a rather bad mood.

Then he heard some odd noises, coming from an isolated part of the park. Intrigued, he walked towards the source of the noises. He was very surprised when he found out it was Dennis, who was casting spells. Diminuendo. Expelliarmus. Impedimenta, Protego, Stupefy. Expecto Patronom (he struggled a little on this one). Stupefy again... Goyle stared at him for a moment, but Dennis didn't notice him.

Then he stopped and wiped off the sweat of his forehead, exhausted. He had lost a little weight, he looked even paler. Where did he find the energy to cast so many spells? He seemed to be at the end of his tether. Dennis looked up and met Goyle's eyes.

They talked for a while that night. Dennis explained that, during the war, his brother and him couldn't go to school because of lord Voldemort's policy. Since Colin and Dennis were Muggle-borns, they couldn't attend their classes. Anyway, they kept practicing DADA spells on their own. Every day, they woke up early, went in the woods near their place and casted spells all day. After a few months, both of them managed to cast easy, nonverbal spells.

Goyle was pretty impressed. He couldn't imagine they would be so... dedicated. So persistent.

"How come you weren't at the Battle of Hogwarts?" the Slytherin asked.

"My brother forbid me to go" Dennis explained. "He said I was too young and he left... But I can't get rid of this habit. Every day I train. I think about him. I don't know. It helps me to empty my mind, sort of..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Mid-September, Hogwarts

Dennis was walking out from his Potion class, when he saw Goyle and Pansy Parkinson in the corridor. They were side by side, talking together.

The Gryffindor boy didn't say a word. He greeted him with a nod and Goyle imitated him.

They went away, each in an opposite direction.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Late September, Hogwarts

Dennis Creevey was training in the park, like every evening, when Goyle came up. He looked very cross.

"What's wrong?" Dennis asked, lowering his wand. "You look upset."

The Slytherin was pacing furiously. Dennis wiped his face with his handkerchief, drops of perspiration were falling from his hair. He blinked. He couldn't sleep lately. His hand was shaking, he hid it inside his pocket.

"I think Draco is trying to make his dad come back in England" Goyle said sourly. (Dennis froze.) "He keeps writing letters that he sends to the Ministry. Long letters. He always hide them into his damn box... I'm sure he's trying to negotiate with the Ministry and with some Aurors, to make a deal with them to get his father back."

The younger boy frowned, his mouth was dry.

"But... they'll never accept it. That's impossible, he has to go in jail. Forever."

Goyle gritted his teeth.

"The Malfoy family still has some connexions. They were very powerful and they still are, in a way."

"But... But Lucius Malfoy is a Death Eater!" Dennis cried helplessly.

"I know! But he changed sides at the Battle of Hogwarts... And maybe... maybe if Lucius makes amend, they'll forgive him! The Aurors may rather want him nearby and free than in the lose." (He kicked a rock, it went flying.) "I've seen this countless times! The Malfoys always get away with everything! It's so unfair! My dad got a life-long sentence to Azkaban and that snooty- that- that coward will get away!"

Dennis didn't reply. Actually, he couldn't listen to him properly. He could only hear a buzzing sound, his head was empty. Panic flew through him. A huge feeling of injustice seized him, made him almost suffocate.

Lucius Malfoy was going to come back. He would come back in Great Britain and live his life like he always did, as a free man. With all his family, they would be together, unharmed.

Dennis thought about his brother, who died just a few months ago. Anger grew more and more, inflated into his chest. He felt like he might be on the verge of exploding. He had to do something to stop the Malfoys. He leaned over Goyle and grabbed his arm.

"We cannot let this man be free, not after all the bad things he has done. He's guilty, he doesn't deserve to have a preferential treatment" he stated firmly.

"But what can we do?" Goyle asked helplessly. "Nobody knows where he is!"

"I may have an idea..." Dennis smiled slowly. "We could team up, what do you think?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hi dear readers^^

Wow, 31 chapters already O.o When I started this fanfiction two years ago, I didn't expect it would have so many chapters! But it seems the inspiration is here! Thank you so much for reading it and for your support, I love your comments about the plot so much^^

Just to let you guys know : I created a Ko-fi account. If you like my stories and you wish to support me, you can go on ko-fi.com/emmabthyste (link in the comment below) and you can buy a coffee to support my work :)

Also, I started to post an original story on Wattpad, it's called Tim and Wes. If you're interested, check it out, but careful : very hot content ahead ;D

Next update soon^^

Sweet Sugar Spike / Emma B. Thyste

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26K 17
Harry is late to potions class and gets seated beside Malfoy for a potions project. Each pair has a specific potion they must brew that causes a diff...
4.1K 165 22
"Wishing on dandelions all of the time" After the war, Harry is alone and headed back to finish his last year of school at Hogwarts while feeling not...
24.8K 696 13
This is a story that I'm currently writing on Ao3. I just felt like posting it on here aswell because I really like it. If you have Ao3 then follow m...
51.8K 1.1K 27
I work at the Ministry of Magic. I'm an Auror, it is my responsibility to inspect cursed objects and investigate persons suspected of possessing curs...