Stray Dogs

By astridtheotter

nanami x male reader x gojou ~ ♡︎ ~ "I'm just a kid though." "Yep, a kid with grown-up powers!" (M/N) was a... More

playlist
magus ignotus
lux ex tenebris
semper domum rediens
amor est vitae essentia
vita nova
luctor et emergo
in vino veritas
ex nihilo nihil fit
divide et impera
sic parvis magna
persona non grata
clavis aurea
ad oculos
a/n

veritas nunquam perit

4.6K 209 63
By astridtheotter

"(M/N)?"

"Toji?"

The two men stared at each other with wide eyes. Toji looked (M/N) up and down, then looked around the room. "Where.. where the fuck am I?" He asked before looking down at his body, where there was a giant hole in his side. "How am I here? I thought I died out in front of that dickwad Gojou.."

(M/N) slowly sat down next to his old friend with a sigh. "That dickwad Gojou brought me here to resurrect you," he answered. Toji quirked an eyebrow. "Enough electric shock is enough to reanimate the dead for short periods of time, apparently. Hence.. why you're here, Toji."

Toji hummed and scratched his head. "Huh. Weird," he muttered. "Well, if I'mma die again soon, we gotta catch up. You've gotta be.. what, eighteen now, right?"

(M/N) sadly smiled and shook his head. He pressed a hand to Toji's arm. "I'm twenty now," he said. Toji's face fell a bit, but he shrugged after. "Listen, Toji, there's a reason they wanted me to bring you back. They said.. that you have an heir now. Is it true?"

Toji nodded with a shrug of his shoulders. "Yep."

"Can you tell me about him?"

"Hmm.." Toji hummed, dazedly looking around again. "You first. What have you been doing all these years?"

"Toji-"

Toji grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight. "C'mon, kid," he said seriously. "Don't let me die again without knowing you've been okay."
(M/N) looked at him with a look of surprise, and the man huffed. "My one regret was never trying to find you after everything happened. When I saw that you weren't with those idiots at the second encounter I had with them, I figured you had ditched 'em. I just wondered where you had gone to. Maybe I could've found you and recruited you - became friends in this lifetime again, y'know," he dryly chuckled.

(M/N) stared at him in surprise, then softened his gaze and smiled bittersweetly. "I, uh.." he whispered weakly, sad to know this would end soon. "I ran off after some stupid school event in the beginning of my second year. I robbed the school of some money and took off to Okinawa. Got a house, opened a daycare. I just.. got to enjoy a peaceful life for a few years," he explained shortly. That really was all there was to the story - no need for the nitty-gritty details.

Toji smiled a little and crossed his arms. "Why didn't you stay living that life then?" He asked. "Why come back here to resurrect me?"

(M/N)'s smile grew a little. "When Gojou mentioned you had a heir you left behind, I'll admit that I got a little excited," he admitted. Toji chuckled. "I wanted to make sure the kid got a good start."

"I appreciate that, kid," Toji said. "I'll admit.. I was a scumbag when it came to that kid. I guess this will answer your question that you resurrected me for, but I sold him to the Zenin clan," he explained. (M/N)'s eyes shot open, but before he could begin to scold his friend, Toji added, "The kid has immense cursed energy. He'll be an amazing sorcerer with the right training - even if it has to come from them. Because I.. knew I wouldn't be able to give him what I never had."
(M/N) softened up. Toji continued. "The kid's name is Megumi. He has a step-sister named Tsumiki, 'cause I dipped on his mom and started banging hers. I'll write down the name of the school I had them enrolled in before I, y'know, died. Do what you want with them," he bluntly stated, searching for something to write with.

(M/N) quickly handed him his phone while gazing at the man with the same adoring eyes he had all those years ago. "I'm sorry I couldn't have been there," he whispered. Toji glanced at him and raised an eyebrow. "You.. I can't believe you're gone, Toji. Or, well, will be when this.. this wears off," he said, looking down at his hands.

Toji finished putting Megumi's school into (M/N)'s phone and dropped it to his side, slowly feeling the energy in his body running out. His time was almost up, and he knew this would be his last go-around. He took (M/N)'s hand and squeezed it once again. "It'll be alright, (M/N). Trust me, by no means was I any type of saint or something," he chuckled. (M/N) pouted. "But being around you - hell, being brought back to life because of you - is something I don't regret. So don't blame yourself. And I mean hey, at least we get to say our final goodbye properly this time around."

(M/N) sadly laughed and nodded. "I suppose that's true," he replied. He looked at Toji and saw the paleness returning to his skin, the lights in his eyes slowly starting to fade. "It's time, my friend," he whispered.

Toji hummed and shut his eyes with a nod. He reached into his pants pocket and pulled something out, putting it in (M/N)'s hand and folding the young man's (S/C) fingers around it. "Mhm.. take care of Megumi, alright, kid? Make sure.. make sure you do right by him. For me. And take- take care of yourself.. too.."

"I will. Goodnight, Toji."

Toji's hand slowly relaxed in (M/N)'s until it fell completely limp, the life in his body draining out for its last and final time. (M/N) slowly pulled his hand back and opened it to see what Toji had placed inside. When he uncurled his fingers, he found a small, black chain with a hook on one end. "Huh?" (M/N) whispered. He examined it closer and gripped his hand tightly around it, noting the cursed energy he could feel flowing within it. He shrugged and put it in one of his pockets, then took his phone and checked the information Toji had typed in about Megumi. After going over it, he walked to the door and threw it open. "I got your info," he announced dryly, glaring at those that stood around him.

"Great!" Gojou said with a grin. "Now, spill, so we can go grab this kid- ow!" He yelped as (M/N) punched him in the stomach. "Hey! At least I let you say goodbye."

(M/N) scoffed and rolled his eyes. He pulled out his phone and read out the details. "There's two kids, in fact. Names are Megumi and Tsumiki Fushiguro. They're probably in school right now, so we'll have to wait until they get out. So, for now, I'm off to get something to eat," he informed them all. He turned to Gojou. "Find me when you're ready."

He marched off with a huff, playing the last few moments with Toji in his head over a few times. Gojou was about to chase after him, but the others stopped him. "I'll go make sure he's alright," Nanami said, annoying Gojou. "I think if he sees you right now, he might cause a power outage."
Gojou hated to agree with the dull-toned man, but unfortunately, he was right. He nodded, and with that, Nanami followed after (M/N). "(L/N), wait a moment."

(M/N) turned and saw him, sighing. "Nanami, don't worry about me. I apologize for what you had to witness back there - I'm not pleased that's how you had to see me after all these years, especially since we never really got to speak much before I left," he spoke, sheepishly rubbing his neck.

Nanami shook his head and waved it off. "No worries. I understand that you were faced with difficult circumstances. I was actually wondering if you'd allow me to accompany you for now. Figured you'd need someone to keep your mind off.. everything," he responded. (M/N)'s eyes went a bit wide with surprise, but he happily accepted the offer. So, the two began to walk together. "What would you like to get for lunch?"

(M/N) smiled and put his hands in his pockets, contemplating his answer. "Tonkatsu sounds really good right now, to be honest," he replied. "If that's alright with you, of course."

Nanami nodded. "Of course. I know a place down in the city - we can go there," he said. The two left the school and got into the car Ijichi had brought Gojou and (M/N) in, Nanami getting in the driver's seat. The ride was quiet at first, until the blonde asked, "So, (L/N), how have you been? I feel as though we never got to be quite close, so we should try to make an attempt to during your stay."

(M/N) was a bit taken aback by Nanami's kindness. 'I'd never a expect a guy like this to be so.. polite!' He thought. He smiled and said, "I'm well, all things considered. I'm a little worried about my students back in Okinawa, though. Hopefully they're not completely terrorizing the substitute I left for them."
Nanami chuckled, and (M/N) continued. "I'm also excited to meet Megumi. I can't help but wonder if he'll be anything like his father, or to see what his cursed technique is."

"So, I take it you enjoy working with children?"

(M/N) grinned and nodded excitedly. "Yeah! I love seeing their excitement in games, books, crafts; it's adorable," he gushed. "Plus, I started working with them to give them a better life than what I got."

Nanami nodded in understanding. "It's an admirable passion. Plus, being able to get away from the world of jujutsu sorcerers sounds.. peaceful."

(M/N) snorted. "Beyond. Working with Satoru everyday for the last few years? I would've lost my damn mind by now."
Both men chuckled as they finally got to the city, causing (M/N) to smile and look around. While he had some memories he'd rather forget of the city, he was still able to appreciate how much it has grown and developed. They pulled up to the restaurant and got out, walking inside together. (M/N) noted Nanami's appearance as they did so; his strong back, a back brace with suspenders crossing over his body in contrast to the blue button-up shirt he wore. The sleeves were rolled up, showing pale, but sturdy arms. (M/N) couldn't help but blush and shake his head, trying to clear his thoughts from his brain.

The two sat down to eat and chatted for a while, letting time pass. (M/N) learned that Nanami, like he did, wanted to get away from jujutsu at some point, due to the way jujutsu sorcerers and the higher-ups tended to behave. They enjoyed conversing with one another as they ate the delicious food Nanami had ordered them: tonkatsu for (M/N) and some bread dish for Nanami. "So, Nanami," (M/N) spoke up after a while. "What's your life like outside of sorcery?"

"Bland," Nanami answered. "I'm sent on missions with Ijichi most of the time, so I don't do much aside from that."

(M/N) smiled cheekily and bit into his food. "So, no love life for a man like you?" He asked. 

Nanami rolled his eyes with a shake of his head. "Definitely not," he said. "And that cheeky tone of yours is quite telling of the origin of your question."
(M/N) turned pink once again and began to nervously babble, lying about his curiosity. Nanami smirked to himself as he continued to eat, trying not to laugh at the man in front of him. "What about you? Your concern for constant work and caring for others doesn't seem to allow you to have much of a romantic life."

(M/N) stopped his rambling and smiled bashfully. "Nah, not really. I wasn't allowed to socialize much as a kid aside from being stuck with Satoru all the time, and there wasn't anyone I was really into out of the few other student I met at Jujutsu Tech. To be honest, I've only ever liked one person-"

"Ooh, are we talking about Sunshine's love life?!"

(M/N) and Nanami both stiffened up with surprise and discomfort and the sound of a familiar voice. (M/N) groaned and rubbed his temples. "No, Satoru, we're talking about how much of a pain in the ass you are," he replied sarcastically. The white-haired man whined and elbowed (M/N), pulling a chair up beside him. (M/N) shook his head with a small smile, then noted that Gojou was no longer wearing a blindfold, but his going-out sunglasses. He could see just the smallest corner of Gojou's blue eyes behind them. "Good to see those old glasses on your dumb face. But seriously, you seriously need to stop teleporting everywhere."

"Yeah, yeah, you've been telling me that for years," Satoru chuckled. The waitress passed by and he placed a quick order for something sweet. "Besides, I wanted to stop by and spend time with my favorite Sunshine and Nanamin!" 

"Stop calling me that," Nanami and (M/N) said in unison. The two looked at each other and smiled just a little bit. Nanami then turned to Gojou. "Besides, didn't I ask you to wait? You've been intolerable enough today."

"Well, yeah, but my dearest (M/N) and I have to go pick up the Fushiguro kids," Satoru replied, tossing an arm around (M/N)'s shoulders. (M/N) said nothing, quietly eating his tonkatsu. Satoru leaned over and whispered into his ear, "How're you doing? I really am sorry about earlier, y'know."

(M/N) shivered from the sensation of Gojou's breathy words on the shell of his ear and nodded. "It's fine," he said quietly. "But damnit, let me finish my tonkatsu, then we can go!"

Satoru chuckled and backed off, gently rubbing his friend's back. His eyes met with Nanami's, and a competitive spark flashed between the two. 'Oh?' Gojou thought with a smirk. Nanami rolled his eyes at him, returning to his food. 'This'll get interesting.'

The waitress brought Gojou's sweet around, and the three men were able to finish their meals and pay the tab (on Gojou's card, of course. (M/N) and Nanami said it was his duty to pay for the food after what he had 'put (M/N) through'). "Thank you for this, Nanami," (M/N) beamed, giving the man a pat on the shoulder as the three left the restaurant. 

"My pleasure. Good luck on retrieving the children, and be careful with this idiot here," Nanami replied with a wave of his hand. (M/N) grinned and nodded, but Satoru scoffed and put his arm around his friend's waist. "Gojou-"

"Bye Nanamin, we'll see you around!" Gojou hollered before pressing (M/N)'s body against his and teleporting the two away. When they arrived to a residential area, he loosened his grip on his friend but still kept his pale hand on his waist. "Jeez, that guy!"

"Hush, Satoru," (M/N) chuckled. "He's sweet. I'm glad he's grown since I met him. Now, where are the Fushiguro's - actually, where are we?" He asked, looking around. The neighborhood was quiet and a bit on the lower-end compared to others in Tokyo. "We should be at their school, they could get-"

Satoru sighed and rubbed his neck. "This is their neighborhood, relax. School just got out for them a few minutes ago, so they should be coming through here soon," he quickly quelled his friend's worries. "We couldn't show up to their school because Shoko said it would make us look like, and I quote, 'creepy stalker men.'"

"What?" (M/N) gasped. "I would never!"

"I know right! Like, who does she think she is-?!"

"Hey. Who are you two?"

~ ♡︎ ~

veritas nunquam perit: truth never perishes

yay we finally get to meet the kiddos!!! im so excited help
also yeah, small toji snippet here :D he's so fine i couldn't help myself hehe
also NANAMI INTERACTION!!! he'll come in more later, rn i gotta establish the dynamic between (m/n) and the kids and gojou before stepdad nanami can join the fun

until next time! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.8K 1K 27
"𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧," 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝. "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'...
125K 3.1K 16
[𝘚𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘶 𝘎𝘰𝘫𝘰 𝘹 𝘧!𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳] In which you developed mysterious abilities as a teenager where you live off sexual energy. Now, as an adu...
37.5K 906 18
"𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢, 𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚌𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬, 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝙸'𝚖 �...
66.5K 1.8K 30
A year has pass now ever since Jujutsu High has recruited yet another student, thanks to Gojo, this student happens to be special grade as well,like...