I'm Not That Girl // A. Bridg...

By haleystagner89

Lady Alina Bridgerton is starting her first season with new husbands family but with Lady Whistledown keeping... More

Cast
Playlist
Part I
Lady Alina Bridgerton
Diamond of the First Water
Diamond of the First Water II
Diamond of the First Water III
Shock and Delight
Shock and Delight II
Art of the Swoon
An Affair of Honor
Part Two
The Duke and I
Swish
Oceans Apart II
After the Rain
After the Rain II
Heart Stopping
Little Cries
Fin
Sick - Not An Update
Season Two Cast
Part Three
The Letter
Capital R Rake
Capital R Rake II
Off to the Races
(BONUS CHAPTER)
Off to the Races II
Not forgotten/Chapter Coming Soon
A Bee in Your Bonnet
A Bee in Your Bonnet II
A Bee in Your Bonnet III
Victory
Victory II
Part Four
An Unthinkable Fate
An Unthinkable Fate II

Oceans Apart

14.9K 394 55
By haleystagner89

Dear Alina,

Mother has told me that you wrote stating that you made it safely and I wanted to send my own letter along with hers. Everyone here truly misses you, Hyacinth continues to bother Anthony with the name you both have chosen for the baby, even as I write to you know she bothers to ask you for the name.

During Daphne's reception I had asked Lady Danbury if she were Lady Whistledown, turns out my intuition was quite off but you will never believe who has tasked me with finding out who Whistledown really is. The queen! Can you believe it, Alina?! I feel as if I am quite close to finding her. She even wrote about Colin and Marina's engagement and it was surprisingly all good things. Perhaps it is a merchant?

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please come home soon.

-Eloise

Alina giggled as she folded Eloise's letter that had come in that morning. She had been back in Spain for just about four weeks and she had missed hearing the latest theory. After her run in with her father she hadn't seen or heard from him since. All that morning she had been reading the latest news from London. Eloise had sent a Whistledown sheet that had spoken all about Colin and Marina's announcement. Colin had written to her about how Anthony had reacted so harshly. Violet had written to her asking if she was feeling alright and what the doctor had said. The only letters she had yet to open were from Anthony. "Here is another one, my lady." Marie stated as she placed Anthony's newest letter on the table beside her. Alina sighed and stared at the offending parchment. Anthony had sent one every day and she was sure that he would continue until she responded and that was just as likely as snowing.

"Thank you, Marie." She said with a sigh. Marie took a seat beside her lady and grabbed Alina's hand gently.

"I know it is not my place, but are you alright?" Alina squeezed Marie's hand and shrugged slightly.

"Honestly, I don't know. I guess I had forgotten what it was like here. Javier has been kept busy and I have not seen him since we arrived. I am not sure who is worse. My detached father who doesn't want me here or my detached husband who doesn't want me there. What should I do?" Marie thought to herself and as she watched her friend.

"I think you are holding everything in. You have been trying to stay strong for everyone and I think you have forgotten to allow yourself to feel anything. As for your husband...forgive me for what I am about to say, my lady, but he is an asshole." Alina laughed softly as her eyes began to water, this time she didn't try to push away the tears. Instead she allowed a few of them to fall. "But he loves you. Before you disagree with me or get angry, I have seen him. When you were not looking he would watch you, every time he said your name he would smile just enough. Yes, what he did was wrong but he didn't realize his own feelings for you. And I know you have feelings for him. When you had decided to start over and became friends I could see it clear as day. You just have to give him time to see it. When you both hold your child for the first time you two will feel nothing but love."

"You seem quite sure about all this." Marie laughed and wiped her friend's cheek with a handkerchief.

"Of course. I'll even make a deal with you! I will bet you one new book that he will prove that he loves you by the end of the summer." Finally Alina smiled and laughed before nodding.

"Sure, we have a deal." Marie joined her in laughing, missing the sound of the library door opening.

"If it isn't the two most beautiful women in all of Spain." Javier called making his way closer further into the library. He took a seat in the armchair beside his sister and sighed heavily once he sat down.

"There you are, brother. Where have you been? Not causing too much trouble I hope." Alina smiled over Javier who chuckled and leaned back.

"Of course not, sister. When do I ever cause trouble?" The two girls looked at each other before giggling as they thought back to the many times over the years.

"What about the time you convinced me I could fly if I jumped out of a tree with my umbrella?" Javier playfully frowned and pretended that he was thinking about it.

"I did no such thing!"

"Or the time that you let loose one of the pigs in the main hall?" Marie added.

"Well I-"

"Or the time you put a frog in our tutors bed?"

"Okay, I get it-"

"What about the time you snuck into the kitchens and switched the salt and sugar?"

"You two have made your point." Javier huffed as his cheeks began to heat. Javier watched his sister fully laugh and smile for the first time in months and he had missed the sight of her happiness dearly.

"I do feel sorry for your wife, brother. Your children will be just as much of a handful as you were." Alina grinned. Javier laughed and glanced over to Marie to see her hiding her own laughter. "I can only hope my son isn't a chaos creator."

"You believe it to be a boy?" Javier asked as he nodded down to her stomach. He was amazed at how much she had grown. The doctor had confirmed her to be nearing her sixth month and given how small Alina was originally, it was comical to see his sister begin to waddle while she walked and fought to stand. Alina looked down to her bump and smiled as she began to feel the baby move and kick slightly.

"Yea, I believe so. Every time I've dreamt about the baby it is always a boy, plus Violet had three boys before she had Daphne and I am the first girl on both mama and our father's side. I believe it to be a good chance." She explained softly. "A little girl would be just as lovely, though."

"Do you have any names yet, my lady?" Marie asked after a beat of silence. Alina smiled and turned to pick up Hyacinth's letter that she had read a few days before.

"I haven't made up my mind but Hyacinth has sent me some good ones. She says that for a girl she likes Jane, Mary, Elizabeth or Ada. For a boy her choices are John, Elijah, Sebastian, or Theodor. However her list changes ever time we speak so I am sure I will get new ones soon enough."

"I always thought Javier would be a perfect name." Her brother said with a grin. The three of them continued to relax in the library for the remainder of the day when Butler had knocked before entering.

"Forgive me for the intrusion, this letter just arrived for you my lady." Alina took the letter with a soft thank you and frowned when she noticed Violet's writing. Without waiting she quickly tore it open and her joy from the afternoon washed away immediately.

"Lina, what is it?"

"Violet wants me to return to London. Apparently Marina was pregnant and somehow Whistledown got word of it. Violet believes that was why Lady Featherington was pushing for a quick wedding to hide it and play it off as Colin's child." Javier and Marie kept silent as they spared a glance to each other.

"I don't believe you should go." Javier finally said as he leaned forward. Alina looked up to her brother shocked. "The ride here was hard on you but this has nothing to do with you. The ton is dangerous and I fear for your health."

"They are my family, Javi. Especially for something like this, they need to look like a united family and that means that I need to be a part of it. I do not want to go either but I need to do this for Colin. He would do it for me," Javier shook his head and rubbed his eyes as he tried to figure out the best way to change her mind.

"Look, Colin is a sweet kid and he doesn't deserve that. But once you leave here again, father will not allow you to return. Please think about this before deciding." Alina shook her head and forced her way up to her feet.

"They are my family, too Javier. I know I haven't been able to enjoy being home but they need me. Please understand that, Javi."

"You are too loving and kind for your own good." Alina smiled, knowing that he was giving in. "I will make sure you get to London safely, little sister. Perhaps I could punch Anthony while I am there."

"Javi."

"I'm only joking!" Javier watched Alina Marie begin to head out of the room and Javier sighed as he looked around the now empty library until his eyes landed on his mothers. "You know I wasn't joking, mother. I am sorry for what is going to happen the next time I see that man." Just as Javier turned to begin getting ready to depart himself he halted as his eyes caught sight of Anthony's letters that had yet to be opened. He didn't truly know why but he knew he had to do something with them.

All is fair in love and war, but some battles leave no victor, only a trail of broken hearts that makes us wonder if the price we pay is ever worth the fight. The ones we love have the power to inflict the greatest scars. For what thing is more fragile than the human heart? The bond between man and bride is private, sacred. But I must tell you, I have learned that a grave fraud is afoot. As if the Featheringtons did not have enough to be dealing with, Miss Marina Thompson is with child and she has been since the very first day she arrived in our fair city. Desperate times may call for desperate measures but I would wager many will think her actions beyond the pale. Perhaps she thought it her only option, or perhaps she knows no shame. But I ask you, can the ends ever justify such wretched means?

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Miss Marina Thompson's recent fall from grace continues to echo through every drawing room in town, weeks after it was revealed her engagement to Colin Bridgerton was nothing more than a sham. Of course, a lady's disgrace does not merely tarnish her own name. But like the tars of the Thames, it also leaves a horrid smear on anyone nearby. While there is no parasol in the world strong enough to shelter a ruined woman, the fallen Miss Thompson can only hope she shall find a refuge somewhere.

"Evening, Your Grace." Anthony greeted Simon as he moved closer to the duke. It had been a long day trying to clear the scandal of Colin and Marina and after sending his daily letter to Alina, Anthony needed to blow off some steam at Whites. "It's funny meeting you here."

"I am utterly comical." Simon muttered frustrated.

"You've been avoiding me."

"Now you are being the jester." Simon responded by going for another drink from his glass.

"If you are not avoiding my company, you won't mind if I join you for a drink?" Anthony moved forward with a smirk and took a seat anyway. The hidden door of the club opened and soon enough the line of ladies began to make their entrance. Lifting his hand, Anthony held his breath as one of the women he recognized. Finally she turned around and when he could finally look upon her face once again, however the once familiar feeling of lust and love rolled into a shiver that would run down his spine was missing. As he took in Siena's entire being he felt nothing. He pulled his eyes away and motioned for a large glass after clearing his throat. "This is a fine color...and the bubbles." Anthony took a large gulp of his drink awkwardly as the two had yet to start a conversation. "Just right. Don't get me wrong, I love a good brandy. But sometimes, nothing'll do but a beer."

"Would you just get to the point" Simon demanded, having enough of his babble. I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do."

"You're correct, I do. Just like I know that you've obviously made a considerable error with my sister." Anthony stated as he pushed himself to sit up.

"How, may I ask, could you infer that I was the one to make the error?"

"Well, I know my sister quite well. And while she is an unusually capable woman, she is not capable of fucking up this severely." Simon moved his hardened gaze up to Anthony at his hostile tone.

"Do you lot ever get tired of pretending to be so perfect? It's exhausting just watching you."

"We may not be perfect, but at least we keep our promises." Anthony shot back, feeling his own frustrations growing.

"You know nothing of my commitments. I am trying to be a man of my word. I am trying to keep–" Simon stopped and sighed to himself. "I wouldn't expect you to understand."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that you leave a litany of broken promises behind you everywhere you go. Your duty to protect Daphne from Nigel Berbrooke? What about your own reckless affairs, seeing that opera singer you believe no one knows about while your wife waits within your home?"

"You judge me, yet you can't understand the responsibility of heading a family, because you've never had one."

"Ah, but Daphne is my family now, and there is no changing that." Simon responded with a smirk in his friend's direction. "Though it is most unfortunate that I shall never quite reach the lofty ideal you have demonstrated."

"What is most unfortunate is the fact that your father was so absent, he never gave you a proper example of how to lead a household." Simon refused to look over to Anthony, his father had been off limits between them for years and to Simon this was quite the blow.

"Well, you certainly make it look difficult." He finally said with a cold stare, setting his now empty glass down.

"I beg your pardon?"

"With your constant struggles. You cannot manage it, can you?"

"Hastings–" Anthony tried but Simon continued as if he had never spoken.

"Your responsibility. You, fulfilling the promise that every firstborn son makes to his father before he dies. Do you think he is looking down on you now, ashamed? Mortified at what you have done? I wonder, what would the former viscount say knowing that you destroyed the woman who truly began to love you and accept you that she moved to a different country just to be rid of you. Alina deserves better than you and the fact that you will never get to know your child is a blessing." Anthony sprang from his chair and went straight for Simon who rose to his feet just as quickly and the two shouted as they began to throw an equal amount of punches. Just as they landed on one of the tables, shattering it to pieces they were quickly pulled apart and Anthony was dragged out of the club.

"Let go of me!" Anthony demanded wrenching his arms out of the men's hold. The two men stood in front of the club doors denying him entry, not that he minded as he quickly turned and began to make his way back home. Making it safely into his office Anthony slammed the door. He huffed and as he felt a small tickle on his chin and as he rubbed it he flinched feeling the large bruise already forming. "Damn it..." He muttered as he pulled his hand away to see blood smeared across his hand. Anthony plopped down in a chair and held his head.

"Anthony? Are you alright?" Anthony didn't move, perhaps the blows to his head have caused him to hear what wasn't really there. "Anthony?" Suddenly someone placed their hand on his shoulder and removed his hands from his face. Opening his eyes Anthony was speechless to see Alina sitting in front of him with a look of actual concern on her beautiful face. "What happened to you?" She whispered as she raised her hand to his cheek.

"Are you real?" He asked softly. However Alina didn't respond and instead stood as best as she could and pulled him up with her.

"Come with me." Anthony followed silently as she led him down into the kitchen, neither said a word the entire walk. Once they entered Alina sat him down on a stool. "Sit here for a moment." Alina quickly walked over to the stove and proceeded to light it.

"You know how to do that?" Alina didn't respond as she quickly moved to grab some milk as well as a cloth and water for his face. Once the milk had been warmed, Alina stood in front of him and handed him the glass before she began to gently tab the blood.

"Are you ready to tell me what happened?" Anthony sighed and flinched at her touch.

"Hastings and I had a disagreement at Whites." Alina scoffed at his answer and pushed slightly harder on his lip. "Ow! Alright, fine. I went to confront him about whatever happened between him and Daphne and we both crossed a line tonight." Alina hummed in understanding. Once again they fell into silence, neither one knowing what to say to the other until he decided to ask the obvious question in the room. "Why are you here? You made it pretty clear that you would not be returning."

"Well..." Alina sighed and tossed her rag on to the table beside them but didn't move away, "your mother sent me a letter about Colin and Marina and she believed that it would be better for the family to return. I love my family, Anthony and if I can help in any way I will. Besides, I would have come back anyway. My father didn't want me home and he would have forced me either way." Anthony was left with more questions but he decided that they could cover those at another time, when his face wasn't throbbing. Suddenly Alina winced and gasped.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes, I am alright. The baby has found it entertaining to kick me with as much strength as possible." Alina explained, resting her hands on her on the side of her stomach. Anthony stared at her stomach, just realizing how much the baby had grown while she had been away. Alina looked up to see a forlorn look on his face. Without saying anything Alina grabbed his hands and placed both of them over where she had been feeling the most activity. "Wait for it." She instructed. Just when he was about to pull his hand away he felt it, much stronger than he would have thought possible.

"My god...that-'' Alina giggled seeing his face light up. Anthony stood and moved his hands slightly. "Will he do it again?" Alina didn't respond as another kick was felt. "This is amazing." Anthony looked up to her Alina and once he saw the smile on her face, that familiar shiver shot down his spine once again. Once he realized what it was he couldn't stop himself from speaking. "Alina, please don't leave me again. I am so sorry for everything I did to you and I know that you may never forgive me but I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I hope you all enjoyed! Next one coming soon. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 4K 19
𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝓮𝔁𝓬𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓲�...
198K 6.7K 31
Delilah has never truly had a good relationship with anyone. Her father had made it no secret that he did not want her and had not paid her any care...
32.4K 528 11
Starting first season of Bridgerton Addison Wilson daughter of Viscount Henry Wilson and Viscountess Veronica Wilson is set out to go on the marriage...
188K 8.2K 22
❝ i don't suppose you remember me, do you benedict? ❞ ❝ belle! you've grown ... i mean you're a lady now! ❞ ❝ i think 'lady' might be a bit...