Destined To Be: Izuku x Ochak...

By LD13950

Quirkless AU- Izuku Midoriya, 18 years old and about to attend UA University, the top academy for only the br... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Old Doors, New Opportunities
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: I'll Take It!
Chapter 4: Moving In
Chapter 5: First Day Of A New Life- Part 1
Chapter 6: First Day Of A New Life- Part 2
Thank You All For 1K+ Reads!
Chapter 7: First Day Of A New Life- Part 3
Chapter 8: A Morning With Mitsuki
Chapter 9: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 1
Chapter 10: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 2
Chapter 11: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 3
New Book Announcement
Chapter 12: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 4
Chapter 13: Preparing For The Experience Of A Lifetime
Chapter 14: Ochako's First Night Out
Chapter 15: Himiko's Hyperbolic Happiness
Chapter 16: Jealousy Rears Its Ugly Head
Chapter 17: Eri's Mischievous Mission
Chapter 18: A Final Night Of Fun- Part 1
Chapter 19: A Final Night Of Fun- Part 2
Chapter 20: A Final Night Of Fun- Part 3
Chapter 21: A Final Night Of Fun- Part 4
Chapter 22: A Final Night of Fun- Part 5
Chapter 23: A Morning At The Midoriya Manor
Chapter 24: The Unimaginable UA University Experience
Chapter 25: UA's Student System
Chapter 27: Eri's Exclusion?!
Chapter 28: Ochako's Birthday?
Chapter 29: The Guest List
Chapter 30: A Celebration To Be Remembered- Part 1
Chapter 31: A Celebration To Be Remembered- Part 2
Chapter 32: A Celebration To Be Remembered- Part 3
Chapter 33: Aftermath & Preparation
Author's Note.
Chapter 34: New Experiences
Chapter 35: Sparking A Competitive And Romantic Fire
Chapter 36: Sunset Of The Heart
Chapter 37: Tell Me Something I Don't Know
Chapter 38: Coming Out Swinging
Chapter 39: Ochako and Izuku's Green Eyes
Chapter 40: Fun and Games
Chapter 41: A Lesson In Disguise
Chapter 42: Changes
Chapter 43: Unexpected Expectations
Chapter 44: One Step At a Time
Chapter 45: Pulling Strings
Chapter 46: A Balancing Act
Chapter 47: Waking Up To the Unknown

Chapter 26: Reunions And New Faces

541 12 89
By LD13950

A/N: Back-to-back-to-back chapters? Now, is this just a way for me to procrastinate? Yes. Is this also a way to get ahead on my schedule? Yes, but I did just think of that. But, at least I'm taking healthy breaks...for over 2 hours. Anyways, enough about my questionable life choices, and on with the chapter!

As the students flocked into the large common building, one by one they all congregated in different parts of the rooms. Some headed straight upstairs, others went to the kitchen looking for food. 

Izuku being one of the last people to enter meant that he was left out of any opportunity to form a group, and was thus left to his lonesome. Sighing, he opened the glass door and stepped inside, noting the UA logo on the door, in frosted glass. Looking up, he saw quite the extravagant interior.

Dark, almost ebony wood steps were directly in front of him, with it being adjacent to the right wall of the building, leading up to what seemed to be various game rooms, as his eyes followed the steps, and then to the various rooms that had their doors half-open. The space to the immediate left of the stairs was a large open terrace, with some assortment of seats and presumably tables, although Izuku couldn't see any of those. Following along to the left, each room that followed had a different purpose. One room had a pool table and a flat-screen TV mounted onto the wall, one room had a table tennis table, with the corner of another table being just barely visible due to the angle of the door, and the final room had various bean bags and low height sofas, so Izuku surmised that it was a gaming or entertainment room.

Bringing his gaze back downstairs, he looked to the other side of the house, turning his neck left, seeing a group of guys already in the kitchen, their backs to the rest of the house, as the entirety of the space, whether it was the cupboards, glass top electric cooker, oven and microwave, were all meticulously laid out across the wall, with most appliances being integrated into the wall, making effective use of the space. The worktops were made with black quartz, as there was a separate dining table to the right of the kitchen, with enough seating for about 10 people, by Izuku's estimation. 

His eyes then went to the "wall" opposite him, although calling it a wall was a misnomer, as it was made up of entirely glass, with the left-most panel sliding open to allow access to the garden, and the clear design gave the benefit of natural lighting illuminating the entire building, and the building's open design helped this as well. The main attraction was the entirely open "sitting room", the entire floor being covered in hardwood, more specifically Oak. The tiled kitchen floor and the darker colour of the stairs meant that the spaces were actually cordoned off quite effectively, at least in a visual sense, but they also blended together perfectly. 

The sheer scale of the building was nothing to scoff at either, as the horizontal length of the entire building from a top-down view was a staggering 100 metres, seemingly overkill for fitting only 20 students inside, as twice the length of an Olympic swimming pool was more than enough space for even 40 or 60 students, but Izuku wasn't going to complain about all the room they had. After letting go of his train of thought, his eyes finally went back to the sitting room at the perfect time, as a small wooden panel lifted up out of the floor, only to reveal a 125-inch curved TV, angling perfectly around the open box design sofa.

(A/N: For the sofa, it looks something like this, just much bigger than what's shown in the picture)

As Izuku smiled at the sight, hearing everyone's collective cheers, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he was surprised to have to look up to meet the person's gaze, as he had once again laid eyes on the black-haired woman he saw outside.

"Seems like we both got left out huh?" She asked sheepishly, rubbing her neck.

Izuku was mesmerised for a second... or two. Her skin was flawlessly radiant, her eyes and hair contrasting so well, and her stance and demeanour drew him in. Instantly, he was drawn to her eyes, not even wanting to examine the rest of her body, although that's not to say he wasn't tempted. However, he knew better than to stand there like an idiot for too much longer and quickly responded.

"Y-yeah, well, what are you gonna d-do?" He asked back, tripping over his words, and feeling his cheeks go slightly red.

"I guess I'll talk to the lonely guy in front of me then" She replied suavely, smirking slightly, as she quickly eyed up Izuku, surprised that he was acting so... oblivious. Almost as if he wasn't acting.

"You know people usually say their names at a time like this? I think it's called socialising" She teased, wanting to play this out.

"Well clearly you haven't socialised that much, because you're the one that approached me, so I think I should get your name first" Izuku confidently responded, regaining his composure.

"But I asked first, you're not going to turn down a lady's request, now are you?" She asked rhetorically, putting on a slightly posh voice in accordance with her speech.

"Ah, that's very true Madame. My moniker is Izuku Midoriya, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. May I ask for your name?" He replied, his over-the-top tone causing the beautiful black-haired woman in front of him to chuckle, something that affected him as well, as his hushed laughter almost caused him to break character.

"Shouldn't you already be aware of my title?" She replied, able to keep herself in character, for now at least, as she was surprised that he still seemed to be oblivious.

"If you had a title, you wouldn't be talking to a commoner like me" Izuku replied, this time in his normal voice, hoping that the juxtaposition would work in his favour. 

And work in his favour it did, as the next thing he saw was a smile that could cure world hunger and a laugh that felt like it was composed by an angel.

"You're funny, Midoriya," Momo stated, trying to stop herself from giggling, as she calmed down and took a deep breath, "I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. It's nice to meet you." She said, looking to see his reaction. 

"Nice to meet you as well Yaoyorozu." Izuku replied, that name feeling familiar, but he couldn't tell why. 

"So, what do you think of the Uni so far?" Momo asked, pleasantly surprised that Izuku was also surprised.

"It looks incredible! I mean this room for just twenty people shows that they either think way too highly of us, or they've just got money to spend." Izuku answered, his childlike behaviour causing Momo to chuckle.

"I think it's a bit of both, but I'm not complaining. So, are you going to be living in one of the student accommodations?" She asked, her tone slightly hopeful.

"No, I'm living at home with a roommate. I assume you're staying here then?" He replied, able to pick up on the subtleties of her voice. 

"Someone's perceptive~," Momo said, somehow complimenting Izuku and bantering with him at the same time, "But yes, I'm staying here, as my home's quite far away from here, and it's far too inconvenient for me to stay there anyways." She explained. 

"Fair enough, I mean the fact that UA gets so much funding is one of the reasons why people come here. If it wasn't for the insanely high standards, I'm pretty sure people would spend all their time doing anything and everything that wasn't studying." Izuku pointed out, with Momo nodding in agreeance. 

"So what course are you planning on doing?" Izuku asked, wincing slightly as he did, his grammatical mistake being all too apparent in his head.

"I'm doing the Business Management course, with a minor in Chemical Science." She replied, looking over Izuku's error, choosing to look at his adorable facial features instead.

"That's interesting! I'm doing Psychology with a Psychiatric focus." Izuku replied, his eyes lighting up as he heard her course, unable to take his eyes off her.

"That's...not what I was expecting. Why that? Wouldn't it have been better to go to Shiketsu if you're gonna do a course like that?" Momo asked, intrigued as to why Izuku chose to come here.

"Well, I've always loved psychology, and I've always wanted to help people. But, whether I go to Shiketsu, or here, I can still do that, and going to UA isn't about the job prospects for me. It's about the experience, and about being with and knowing some of the best people in the country. As long as I'm an excellent psychologist, I'll end up being successful, so I'm not worried about that right now. I'm just worried about doing and being the best I can be." He explained, dropping his jokey tone, and answering sincerely, seeing how Momo's face changed in a similar fashion to his. 

"I...Wow. I've never really thought of it like that. That's... that's a really nice way of thinking about it. It's admirable that you're not concerned, and... just wow." Momo replied, stunned and in awe. She was expecting any UA student to be smart, but this wasn't... intelligence. This was maturity, on a level she had only seen from her parents. 

"Th-thank you. And by the way, don't worry about your future either." Izuku pointed out, seeing the confused expression on Momo's face, prompting him to elaborate further, "I don't know anyone who takes a course like Business Management for the sole purpose of running or starting a business, which means you're doing it solely because of a future job aspiration. And aspirations are good, but not when you pressure yourself. But, I'm sure you're just as amazing as anyone, if not more, and that you'll make it one day. I'll probably hear about you in the news 10 years from now. I can see it 'Young business head Momo Yaoyorozu becomes the richest person alive!'" Izuku explained, putting on a presenter-type voice for his last comment, hoping to calm Momo's nerves and make her laugh at the same time. 

"Yeah, maybe. But seriously, thank you, Izu- Midoriya. You're not only funny, but you're sweet too" She commented, silently acknowledging the irony of his "prediction", as she almost slipped up, taking the liberty of eyeing him up, his skin and body looking all but irresistible.

Izuku's heart skipped a beat as he heard that compliment, as he took looked up and down Momo's body, her height, the way she held herself, her curves accentuated by the sunlight, and her luscious skin, it all looked... too good to be true.

"God she looks good, even better than Och- Wait why am I comparing them, it's not like I- OKAY HOW ABOUT WE DON'T GO DOWN THAT ROAD?! I- Uhhh, shit what do I do?" Izuku mentally panicked, as he looked back up, and decided to actually give a response to Momo's compliment.

"Thank you, and you're funny and pretty too sweet too You're pretty sweet too." Izuku replied, actually slipping up, and causing his face to turn redder and hotter than the roaring flame of a forest fire.

"Well, I g-guess I'll see you around, Izuku Midoriya." Momo said, her heart skipping a beat as she heard Izuku's response, though she was able to hide it just a little better.

"He's so fucking hot! I hope to god his roommate leaves his house soon- Wait what am I saying, it's not like I- Ohhhh noooo, no no no no, we are NOT doing this right now!" Momo yelled internally, her cheeks going red as she took another gaze over Izuku's body.

"I've got to go and get all the stuff I need for my accommodation, but yeah, I'll talk to you later!" She exclaimed, walking off as quickly as possible, with Izuku left standing by the same glass door through which he entered, having not moved a muscle since he came inside, and watching as the door closed, with Momo hurriedly walking out, both students having but one regret:

"I didn't get their number!" 

Izuku decided not to lament over his failure, as he turned on his heel, now wondering where Ochako was.

Meanwhile, Ochako was making her way through the upper rooms of the common building, deciding to go into the entertainment room, the bean bags in the room catching her eye. As she turned the corner to go inside, her eyes shot open, her jaw unhinged slightly, and all the noises she heard previously went silent. 

Sitting right in front of her, were her two old friends: Mina Ashido and Tsuyu Asui.

"YOU GUYSSS!" Ochako yelled out, running over to them and diving into the bean bags, hugging Mina whilst diving into her. 

The pink-haired girl was as surprised as Ochako was. To see her old friend finally at UA alongside her was like a dream come true, and Tsuyu was just as shocked, she just hid it better than her two bombastic friends. 

"YOU'RE HERE!!! Oh my god! Ochako! How! Have! You Been?!" Mina shouted, wrapping her arms around Ochako and squeezing as tightly as her muscles allowed, with Tsuyu joining in.

"I've been great! I moved into a new place, and I'm living in Mustafu! It's incredible, and I've made other friends!" Ochako replied, eager to share her new life with Mina, and giddy with excitement. 

As Mina opened her mouth to speak, another voice entered the room, disrupting the flow of their conversation.

"Oh, sorry. I thought this room was empty" He said, looking at each of the girls.

As the girls looked over, they got a good look at his face. White and red hair split down the middle, a sharp jawline yet slightly soft features. He was tall and slender, but his half sleeve t-shirt revealed some toned muscle, with his tight-fitting jeans highlighting his impressive physique.

"Oh that's not an issue, we don't mind if you come inside" Mina replied, just as extroverted as Ochako remembered.

"Well, ladies, that's the issue. I come inside, then we start to talk, and then we're just playing with fire from there~" He replied, taking a few steps inside, his voice, tone and demeanour all exuding confidence, as he let out a playful grin.

"Well, what if I told you we like to play with fire?" Mina asked, standing up to meet his alluring gaze.

"I'd say that sounds interesting, and that I'd like to test that theory out." He answered, tilting his head to the side slightly, looking straight into Mina's eyes, still smiling devilishly. 

"Oh honey, I didn't mean that as a question. I meant that as a statement~ The only question is, how much heat can you handle?" Mina replied, moving her face closer to his, admiring his confidence. 

"Well, I'd love nothing more than to tell you, but I think my actions will speak for themselves, that is, if you'd be willing to let me show you?" He asked, his confidence unwavering, and his eyes blinking at somehow perfect intervals.

"My my~ Are you asking me out?" Mina asked bluntly, at this point caring only about seeing this guy's confidence falter for even a second.

"I never said that, now did I? I just told you that I'm capable of," He said, before pausing and eyeing up Mina's body, "Handling all the heat you can throw at me~"

"It's a shame that I don't go out with guys whose names I don't know, and with guys whose only play is the art of the bluff." Mina stated, taking a step back, her face moving away from his.

"Well, honey. I'm Shoto Todoroki, but you can call me whatever you'd like, whenever you'd like~" Todoroki replied, taking a playing card with his number written on it out of his pocket, and flicking it at Mina, watching as it floated down softly, right into her palms, as she looked up at him, a look of surprise plastered across her face, something with only made Todoroki smile even more, prompting him to leave the room, though, not before turning around one last time.

"Oh, and if you think I'm bluffing, then that look of surprise you've got on your face right now will be the only face you make the whole time we're together~" He added, before finally walking out, passing Izuku on the way downstairs.

"That man is trouble." Ochako said, chuckling as she watched Mina turn around, putting the card in the bin.

"Why did you do that?" Tsuyu asked, her eyes following Mina as she sat back down.

"Not my type." Mina stated, getting her phone out.

"Why? I mean he's a bit... forward, but he's still hot?" Ochako asked, being able to appreciate just how well Todoroki handled that entire situation. 

"Because, I want a guy who's as energetic as I am, not someone who can just talk well. I'd rather a guy with a heart of gold rather than a silver tongue." Mina proclaimed proudly, watching as Izuku walked into the room now, his eyes falling on Ochako.

"Oh, you're here. How are you finding it?" He pointed out, walking over to the bean bags.

"I'm good! By the way, Izuku, remember how I told you about my friends?" Ochako asked, excited to have Izuku meet Mina and Tsuyu, her heart racing at 200 miles an hour.

"Let me guess, they're the people getting arrested downstairs?" Izuku asked, the sarcasm so obvious that a baby could have pointed it out.

"Depends, what would we get arrested for?" Mina asked, extending her hand outwards.

"I don't know, underage drinking? Shoplifting?" Izuku asked back, shaking Mina's hand, before asking a serious question, "So are you Ashido, or Asui?" 

"I'm Mina Ashido, and you're..." Mina asked, waiting for a response from the green-haired boy in front of her.

"I'm Izuku Midoriya, and I'm guessing you're Tsuyu Asui?" Izuku asked, leaning over to the side to look at Asui, who walked over and stood next to Mina.

"Cool. What courses are you two doing?" Izuku asked, looking over to his side, seeing Ochako stand side by side with him.

"I'm doing Chemistry, and Tsu's doing Anthropology." Mina answered, seeing Izuku's eyes light up at the latter course she mentioned.

"Anthropology? That sounds interesting, is there any specific focus?" He asked, looking over at Tsuyu.

"Well, I'm looking mostly at aquatic animals and marine life. I plan to get a Ph.D. in it, so I'll be stuck here for a while." She answered, laughing sheepishly at that last part.

"I mean UA is known as the 'Doctor's University' so I'm not surprised. A lot of students who come here do it for the research." Ochako pointed out, with Izuku nodding in agreeance.

"Well, what about you? What course are you doing?" Mina asked, looking back at Izuku, trying to get a read on him.

"I'm doing Psychology with a Psychiatric focus." Izuku replied, before asking a question of his own, "Are you two staying in the accommodation here?"

"Yeah, we're actually in the same building, so that's lucky. What about you?" Mina responded, getting slightly bored of how mundane the conversation was. Funnily enough, her boredom was about to be flipped upside down.

"Huh? She didn't tell you? I'm Ochako's roommate." Izuku asked, surprised that she didn't already know.

"WHAT?! YOU'RE  HER ROOMMATE? She told me she moved into a flat in Mustafu, but not that she had roommates, or who they were." Mina exclaimed, her mind firing on all cylinders now.

"I mean, I can see why she'd want to keep you all to herself though~" She teased, looking Ochako dead in the eyes.

"Mina! It's not like that!" Ochako exclaimed, blushing profusely, with Izuku doing the same.

"Sure sure, all I'm saying is, if you ever get late on rent, ask Landlord Midoriya if you can pay another way~" Mina joked, causing both Izuku and Ochako's blush to darken to a dangerous degree.

"Mina, that one was a bit harsh. The better question is, why did you call him by his first name, Ochako?" Tsuyu asked, feeling bad for her old friend, but also being quite perceptive.

"W-Well all of us call each other by our first names, so she kind of just... did that." Izuku answered, calming down slightly. 

"I assume you're talking about your friends?" Mina asked, with Izuku nodding in agreeance. 

"Fair enough. But that's interesting, an 18-year-old, owning his own apartment? This I gotta see." Mina commented.

"Why don't you come over? It'll be cool for you to see the place, right Izuku?" Ochako asked, looking to Mina and Izuku.

"I mean, there's nothing left on the schedule, so as long as you two have gotten your luggage into your rooms, I guess you can come with us." Izuku replied, thinking aloud.

"Then it's settled! Next stop, Ochako and her new boyfriend's house!" Mina exclaimed, her excitement audible to everyone in the room's near vicinity. 

"Mina!" The other three yelled out in unison, causing Mina to chuckle.

"Okay, let's go back then, I'll just find Kaachan and-" Izuku said, before getting cut off by his own ringtone, as he took his phone out of his pocket and answered it.

"Hello?" He asked, before hearing a voice on the other side.

"Yes, this is Izuku Midoriya, may I ask why you're calling me?" He asked once more.

"What do you mean she's in trouble?! Wh- Yes, I'll be there right away. Okay, see you soon." Izuku yelled out in confusion and exasperation, a look of dread on his face.

"Izuku? What's up?" Ochako asked, seeing the grimace on Izuku's face. 

"I just got a call from Eri's school. Apparently, she's gotten into some trouble and is now in the principal's office..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 2.6K 25
Izuku Midoriya was one of the students that were participate into civil war game that Nezu came up with. However Izuku was chosen to be the villain...
179K 9.8K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...
4.5K 142 4
Takeo Midoriya. The eldest of the three. The most matured of all of them and the only one who isn't reckless. But protects his friends and family. A...
456 13 1
Ochako has always been a goody-two-shoes ever since she was a little girl. And now, Ochako is eighteen and in the most prestigious university in all...