ROLAKE (DISCONTINUED)

By Gay4nutella

~~~~~~~~~~~ #I smiled guiltily, about to turn at a corner. "Well-" I started high pitched, getting ready to e... More

Author's note
โ€ข1: SS2 Alreadyโ€ข
โ€ข2: Dem Babesโ€ข
โ€ข3: I Don't Like Himโ€ข
โ€ข4: Surprisesโ€ข
โ€ข5: Adekunleโ€ข
โ€ข5b: Crushes and Bro Hugsโ€ข
โ€ข5c: Whippedโ€ข
โ€ข6: Lunchโ€ข
โ€ข6b: Spice Palaceโ€ข
โ€ข6c: I'm Famished!โ€ข
โ€ข7: Making Progressโ€ข
โ€ข8: Fights and Insomniaโ€ข
โ€ข9: You're a case I swearโ€ข
โ€ข10: Oh Noโ€ข
โ€ข11: Stay Happyโ€ข
โ€ข12: Clubsโ€ข
โ€ข13: Suspicionsโ€ข
โ€ข13b: Sly Motherf*ckerโ€ข
โ€ข14: Movie Date?โ€ข
โ€ข15: Unlicensed Snack Supermarketโ€ข
โ€ข16: Ya Doing Wellโ€ข
โ€ข17: Complicated Speciesโ€ข
โ€ข17b: Galaxy Mallโ€ข
โ€ข19: Facadesโ€ข
โ€ข20: Bittersweet Nostalgiaโ€ข
โ€ข21: Timivaโ€ข
Resumption of updates?๐ŸŒš
โ€ข22: Rubber Duckโ€ข

โ€ข18: Talks and Basketballโ€ข

131 59 15
By Gay4nutella

[Edited]

Rolake Coker

"Hey, here's the assignment you wanted" Adekunle says after walking up to me in class. I had even forgotten about it. And we are meant to submit today. Serious kid lmao.

"Thank you. I legit forgot it was today. You're a life saver" I sigh, collecting the note he stretched up to me.

"Yeah no problem" he says, rather dull while rubbing his forehead. He looked like shit.

"Hey what's up with you? You don't look yourself" I say to him in concern while leaning my chin on my arm, that was resting on the table.

"Oh nothing to worry about. Copy the assignment and help me to submit mine alongside the others. I'll see you around" and before I could say anything, he was already turning around and leaving the class.

That wasn't weird at all. Note my sarcasm. I wonder what happened to him.

Oh well.

If he wasn't ready to talk, I wouldn't push him.

I shrugged and went ahead with copying the assignment. We were currently having physics but according to what I heard, the former physics teacher got sacked and we'll be getting a new one this week. In essence, automatic free double period. The art students were having CRS and the commercial students were having Accounting. So the students in the class were science students from A and B.

I finished copying the assignment soon and I started collecting the notes from the rest of the students in my class. The art and commercial students had already dropped theirs before going for their classes. I only delayed because I hadn't done mine. And I still forgot.

"Somebody should just keep me company as I'm going" I muttered more to myself but thankfully I wasn't low enough.

"I'll go" Timileyin said from behind me.

I turned around and looked at him with a quirked up brow. "Shouldn't you be with your friend?" I asked quizzically, referring to Adekunle.

"Oh he'll be fine. The last thing he needs right now is human interaction" Timi says beside me as we exit the class.

"Uhhhh are you sure he's fine?" I asked to be sure cause I don't understand what's going on anymore.

"He'll come around" he said and shrugged while I just nodded my head slowly, still trying to decipher this situation.

"Anyways, I see you guys had a lot of fun on Saturday" he says as he shoots a teasing smirk towards my direction, making me to chuckle.

"Yh I enjoyed it not even gonna lie. The place blew my mind. The architecture, the interior, everything. Now that I think about it, it was definitely worth instead of faking a sickness like I had originally planned to do" I laughed out, remembering my whole fiasco a few days ago.

"So you wanted to ditch him?" Timi chuckles in amusement as he slips his hands in his trouser pockets.

"At first, yeah. But then, I just had a change of heart. And after the stunt he pulled at my house on Saturday, I knew I was in for it" I laugh, remembering how I had seen him infront of my room door even though I was sure I had locked the front doors.

"Oh yeah! The one your security man and driver had helped him in with. Honestly, it was hilarious" Timileyin says from beside him while I shot him a look.

"It seems like you know the details of everything that happened already" I says teasingly. Ofcourse he's gonna know. They're best friends!

"We aren't bros for nothing girly. And I may or may not have bribed it out" he says coyly, laughing under his breath as he throws me a smirk while I just nodded my head in amusement. Who knew guys tell each other everything.

"So what's up with you and Ava?" I ask him, this time, with me wearing a smirk of my own. Yes. Girls smirk too.

"Doesn't she tell you?" He jokingly asks as he throws me an are-you-serious look, making me to shrug..

"Unlike you boys, we don't bribe each other to say things. It flows naturally and if the conversation just doesn't come up, it doesn't come up. And besides, lately all she fans about is me and Adekunle which is weird in my opinion because we just started talking last week. And also, I wanna hear it from you" I say, pointedly then shrugging after.

Timileyin drags a breath from beside me which makes me look up at him in expectation.

"Well like you said, she's been so much into your wahala that we've not really had time to, yunno, bond" he sighs and shrugs while I nod my head in understanding.

"She'll get over the fanning-phase. And I know you really like her. She just doesn't see it yet. That girl is as blind as a bat when it comes to 'girl like boy' situation" I chuckle, thinking about my best friend's ability to know when people like each other but never her own.

"I do like her" he admits from beside me which makes my smile to grow into a full blown grin.

"I know" I simply say and then stop in my tracks, making Timileyin to stop with me. I turn to stand directly in front of him while jabbing my index finger to his chest.

"If you break her heart, I swear I will mess you up so fucking bad, chop your junior off and offer it to Ava as a piece offering" I say lethally. "Kapish?" I smile sweetly at him like I didn't just go demon mood on him.

Timileyin just stands there with fear written all over his features as he takes in an audible gulp. I raised my brow at him when he hadn't answered and as if on queue, he starts nodding like his head wants to fall off.

I smile sweetly and pat his cheek twice. "Good boy" I say and start going towards Staff room I. "Wait here" I say to him and disappear into the room.

After I was done with submitting, doing several errands the other teachers asked me and what not, I zoomed out of there.

"Ugh. I hate how these teachers send people messages everytime" I groan which makes Timileyin to laugh beside me and I looked up to him with a quizzical brow up. "What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing. Up for a match of basketball?" He asks with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"One, I'm banned from playing sports. Two, we don't have the key to the court" I tell him as we walk away from the teachers section.

"One, who's gonna know? Two, who says I don't?" He asks rhetorically, that glint still in his eyes.

"Okay what are you up to?" I asked him. I had to ask.

"This" he says as he brings out a few keys from his pocket and starts dangling it. How did I not notice that?

"I duplicated it a few months ago when Senior Dotun left them with me" he says, answering the unasked question.

"You're a criminal" I tell him while tsking and shaking my head.

"I know now come on" he says grinning, as he starts dragging my hand towards the basketball court. I just followed him without thinking about my impending doom. Just kidding. I love basketball so why not? And besides, we had a few time to spare before our last class, Civic.

"Hey you know where Adekunle could be?" I ask him, making a shot in the hoop while Timileyin bounces the ball after it hits the ground. We have been here for over 15mins now and surprisingly, we haven't been caught. I think it's safe to say that I am officially a criminal now.

"Judging from my in depth knowledge about about him, he should be in the library" Timileyin says, also making a hoop.

"First of all, that statement did not sound corny at all," I draw with sarcasm causing him to laugh as he bounces the ball to me. "Secondly, the library?" Call me surprised.

"Yeah, he goes there most of the time when he needs to blow off some steam, get a time off, or just take a break. My dude is serious about his solitude. He loves being alone but at the same time, can die for some company" he tells me as I dribble the ball and make another hoop.

"Ain't that cute?" I say, teasingly, catching the ball and continue dribbling it.

"Enough about him. I need help" he says from the opposite side of the court. I stand, paying attention to him with the ball in my hand.

"Let me guess. You need help with Ava" I say with a smirk and judging from his body language, I'm hella correct.

"Speak child for I am listening" I say, changing my voice to sound like a celestial British god but I obviously failed at it.

We start dribbling each other with the aim of making a hoop first but with my minute knowledge in basketball, Timileyin stole the ball from me and made a fucking double pointer!

"Show off!" I muse when he looks at me with triumph in his eyes.

"I'm great, I know" he even had the audacity to praise himself. Well I had to admit though, that was impressive.

"Yenyen"

"Now back to my palava" he says as he sits on the ground, Indian style and I copy him, sitting opposite him. Mind you, we were still in our uniforms but we got rid of the jackets.

"Well, she likes baking" I start off while he nods his head like he's taking notes.

"And she likes enhancing her linguistics. She also loves movies and food" I round up for him. I don't know how any of that will work but we'll see.

"If you're smart enough, you'll do something with the information I just leaked to you" I say as I stand up to get a bottle of water from under the bleachers. HHS always stacks things up like this in every sport facility incase of anything.

"Then I guess I have to work something out" Timileyin muses while I nod in affirmation.

"You do that" I say gulping the water I grabbed.

"Lake you're the best" he says and I nearly choked on my water.

"What the fuck is 'Lake'?!" I exclaimed after my coughing fit.

"Since Adekunle doesn't call you Rolake, I also have that privilege" he grins cheekily.

Oh hell nah fam!

**********
A/N: Hey wattfam!🌚
So today's episode is for Lake-Timi bonding time 😂😂
Don't ask me why I decided on Lake cus me sef I don't know 😂✋

Anyways what's with Adekunle?🤔

Now time for my rant...

So like I was meant to give this update sooner but honestly, this month, aka my month, I have been falling ill like I don't even know anymore😭 but I'm getting better sha😇

Also, I noticed y'all didn't really comment on the last chapter and honestly, my morale for this book dropped to the bearest minimum😪...like I started thinking y'all didn't like Rolake anymore and I was this close to forgetting it but thanks to my number 1 supporter, aka my sis, she threatened me not to delete it so yh🙂

Aaanywaaaays, I trust y'all won't make me feel like that again by voting, commenting and sharing😎

Till the next chapter✌
🚶‍♂️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 42K 70
"If I tell you I am in love with you, how will you react? " he leaned close to me. Hmm... I could faint, jump in excitement, cry, run away, hug him...
34.7K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
5.2K 874 28
Yasmine is a star girl, with plans for the future, good grades and a boyfriend to top it up but how can she survive when her enemies are her family...