Always For You. [Snape Romanc...

Od MaralinaSakura

Four students have disappeared from Hogwarts without a trace to be found. When Cassandra is sent to investiga... Viac

Arc 1: Immaterial Bonds Chapter 1: Floating Ashore
Arc 1: Chapter 2: A Sandy Seabed
Arc 1: Chapter 3: Deep Drowning
Arc 1: Chapter 4: Seashells Have Secrets Too
Arc 1: Chapter 5: Icy Waves
Arc 1: Chapter 6: Stars Above The Sea
Arc 1: Chapter 7: Skipping Stones
Arc 1: Chapter 8: Conches Scatter
Arc 1: Chapter 9: Sleeping Snow
Arc 1: Chapter 10: Grains of Sand
Arc 1: Chapter 11: A Sweet Dream
Progression Plan: Arc 2
Arc 2: Delusional Reverie: Chapter 1: Remembrance
Arc 2: Chapter 2: Memories
Arc 2: Chapter 3: Resurgence
Arc 2: Chapter 4: Waltz
Arc 2: Chapter 5: Admiration
Arc 2: Chapter 6: Reality
Arc 2: Chapter 7: Arifica
Arc 2: Chapter 8: Calamity
Arc 2: Chapter 9: Perseverance
Arc 2: Chapter 10: Clarity
Progression Plan: Arc 3
Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation: Chapter 1: Far From Me
Arc 3: Chapter 2: Right As One
Arc 3: Chapter 3: Heroes They Are
Arc 3: Chapter 4: Futurebearing Clandestine Canopies
Arc 3: Chapter 5: Love, Time, Prophecies
Arc 3: Chapter 6: Invading Our Senses
Arc 3: Chapter 7: Resolution On High
Arc 3: Chapter 8: What Are Sacrifices
Arc 3: Chapter 9: What Hearts Wish
Arc 3: Chapter 10: Her Intentions Are...
Arc 3: Chapter 11: Meeting You Here
Epilogue
Artist Gallery #1

Arc 3: Chapter 12: The Tales Coming

6 2 0
Od MaralinaSakura

Arc 3: Enraptured Revelation
Chapter 12: The Tales Coming; Bring Me Gratification 

As Severus and I travelled back to Hogwarts, I realised there was an odd question on my mind. Just how did Lockhart know where we were? He certainly didn't appear like the type to go anywhere dangerous unless forced. The fact he came with us for the Abyssian Blade felt rather out of character for him too... considering how much of a coward he was. Was he truly that lucky? Had he been tracking us? Did someone send him after us? I wound up having to shrug it off but the curiosity did send shivers on occasion. 

Surprisingly, only a few hours had passed since we left but Trelawney and Patricia were nowhere to be found. It was strange, I would have imagined them to have stayed put or gone somewhere quiet but none of the places we searched proved fruitful. It wasn't until we passed the Quidditch pitch that odd noises were heard within one of the team tents. 

"Yeah, just like that, Cinnamon-" Patricia audibly called out excited. 

I eyed Severus with a petrified look. What on Earth could they be doing in there? Against my best judgement, I flung open the tent's flaps to see the two on opposite ends of the table with what looked to be a betting sheet between them.

"Cutie! Stoic! It's not what it looks like!" Patricia fumbled and threw her top half on top of the sheet so we couldn't see.

"Please tell me, for my own sanity, that all you were doing was using Divination to make bets." I said incredibly stressed out of my wit.

"Look, we were bored! We had no idea when you were going to come back!" Patricia protested but she knew she had been caught. "If you have a Seer with you, why shouldn't you use her to make some Galleons?"

Poor Trelawney looked mortified. She was used to getting caught fumbling and walking into things from her clumsiness but this was her first time in a situation like this. Frankly, I felt sympathetic for her. Imagine if Severus and I got caught in a somewhat compromising position...

"Why are you blushing?" Severus asked blankly to me.

Uh oh. 

"I'm not blushing, I'm just... hot. Yeah. Very hot. Summertime sure is humid, huh?" I fanned myself dramatically. 

"A likely story." 

"So anyway!" I said far too loudly. "Do you two have the tome on you?"

"I sensed you were successful, Cassandra. I have it right here." Trelawney handed me the book. 

I quickly explained to them what had happened in the Forbidden Forest. The details about the crypt, Arifica, the lights and the prince. Though, I deliberately left out the parts where we almost killed Lockhart on multiple occasions. 

"We found the final piece and the prince left me this." I pulled out the Abyssian Blade and presented it. Trelawney flinched away. 

"This sword is tainted with horrible energy. I cannot stand being near it." she shuddered. 

"That's what I'm wondering... if there's any way to purify it. The prince said it used to be such a beautiful blade but..." I gently stroked its metallic sharpness. "it hasn't been so for thousands of years."

Sitting down with the duo and Severus, I placed the blade on the table with the tome. Turning to the page with the riddle, I noticed the writing was exactly the same as before. Nothing had changed... except...

It was a hunch but I didn't feel like this was the last Ylgind had to offer. Perhaps her deliverance for me was complete but she must have known about her father. After all, she was omniscient. The Amulet was filled and so should this story be. I opened my palm wide above the page and the Amulet began to glow along with the words on the page. They morphed into something entirely different from before.

"Incredible..." Trelawney said stunned. 

"How did you know?" Severus asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "As I said before, it was just a hunch. Let's see what Ylgind herself has to say." 

Congratulations, my descendent. I always knew that my line would be the one to triumph. I thank you for your strength and dedication to your part in this play. I admit I played the hands of fate. Man taught me greed and I exploited that feeling but I did so in a way that would be beneficial to us both. 

Yes, this was all strung by my hands from the beginning. I created the riddle using the knowledge that you would succeed. I knew of the struggles you would encounter: that of your escape from the so-called "Ministry", your father and that of Tryleal's embarrassment. 

I do apologise that I could not save your mother. I searched for any method possible to salvage her but it was no use. The whims of fate determined her to die. Though, had she lived, you would not have embarked on this journey. No, you would still be at your "Ministry". You would not have met the people you cherish now. She was the catalyst for all that has happened to you. 

I am glad that my worshipper was able to deliver my way to you. I had the utmost faith in her. However, this isn't about her, nor is this story about you any longer. You achieved what was planned of you: filling the Amulet of Ylgind and acquiring the Abyssian Blade. Now, I ask for something from you.

Reuan will have moved on to the next life but I am not finished. I want the Abyssian Blade, as you correctly identified before, to be purified. It is stained with the sins of my father from Calamity. As the last survivor of the Arifician dynasty, it is your duty to repair my father's legacy. From your happiness sprouts innocence. One day, the blade may reflect the sun again. 

The Amulet will serve as a memory of your journey. The sickness you previously felt from its incomplete state will affect you no longer. Now finished with its task, it shall function no longer.

I trust in you, descendent. Do not disappoint the superior split of Erieran and be the rightful successor to Arifica. 

"From your happiness sprouts innocence..." I read back aloud. 

"I suppose it means if you're well and truly happy, it'll ease out some of the corruption." Patricia guessed. 

"No small smile could affect such impurity..." Trelawney said as she read the book herself. "It would have to be a moment of absolute joy. A feeling that you could only experience under certain circumstances."

My gaze drifted over to Severus who seemed to have caught on to the same thought I had. Trelawney predicting white... but now wasn't the time.

"I don't think it's something I need to focus on. I think it'll happen as I go through life. After all, if Sybill is right, this happiness can't be a spur of the moment thing. They can't be created or manufactured. It has to be innocent." I advised and closed the book, finishing all we had come together for.

"I don't know if I thanked you two for everything you did for me. I really could not have succeeded without you." I began to speak. "I owe you so much."

Patricia leaned over and pulled me into a gigantic hug. "Hey now, cutie. Don't go getting all soppy on me or that blade is never going to get fixed. Besides, what are friends for? I certainly had the time of my life."

"We did it because you possess special qualities to unite those around you, Cassandra." Trelawney spoke happily. "You were born under a sign of true leadership."

Funnily enough, she was correct. August 12th was that of Leo, the lion. I don't recall telling her my birthday though...

Our laughter rang out loud throughout the tent. Finally... finally everything was alright. I could rest at last. I could breathe. There was nothing else left to do now. Here I was with all the loose ends tied, with the love of my life by my side, surrounded by those I cherish and who cherish me. My only regret was I couldn't find this path earlier. But there was one more thing... Though it was not the will of my own, I felt compelled to honour Elsie's final wish. It was time to confront Father once and for all.

*****

"Come in." Fudge's voice emanated from behind the door. I felt relieved this was the last time that I would have to go through this door.

I placed my hand on the handle but before I opened it, I faced Severus. "You ought to stay outside. You may not like what you hear."

At first, it looked as if he was going to protest but he respected my decision. With a turn of the knob, the door opened and shut behind me.

"I had a feeling this day would come." Fudge said downtrodden. 

"I want to emphasise that I'm only here because Mother asked me to be. If not for her, I wouldn't have given a damn." I spat distastefully.

He always had that pained expression when it came to matters involving me and this time, he couldn't brush them off in anger or disapproval. I wanted answers and I was going to get them no matter the cost.

He chuckled awkwardly. "I always wondered why your mother was so attached to that bracelet. She knew a lot more than she let me in on."

I held my hand up to get him to stop. "Less about how sad you are and more about why you made my life a living hell for twenty-seven years."

"The death of your mother broke me. I could scarcely live without her by my side and I had to raise you by myself. Every time I looked at your face, all I could see was her... and as you grew, you appeared identical in many ways. Initially, I tried my best to be the father you deserved but the pain was too much at times. I had the purest intentions so I gave you homeschooling and pushed you for a Ministry position because I truly believed that was what you wanted."

"Why didn't you ask me what I wanted?" I asked.

He took a shaky breath. This discussion was taking a toll on him. "I was afraid that you would disappear as she did if you strove out of my reach. The irony is that my foolishness is what made you leave instead... I failed at everything a father should do. How I treated you and spoke to you was a horrible combination of wanting to care for you and wishing you were her."

I folded my arms still unconvinced. "You could have told me. I wanted to know about Mother so much but you always avoided the topic. If you would have...-" My throat began to collapse. "You didn't need to torture me for it."

"I admit the mistakes I made, Cassandra. I understand well that I cannot undo them but I swear if you give me another chance, I will do all I can to be the father you needed all this time." he pleaded. 

"That doesn't even begin the other things you've allowed to happen outside of my childhood. There's a reason you have people watching over what you do. You're corrupt through and through and I don't understand how you could change. The job always came before me. Always."

"If it convinces you, I will resign as Minister. It may also please you that Umbridge was severely punished for her acts against you, both in the Department of Mysteries and those which she inflicted on you." 

"You resigning won't make me happy. I... I wanted my father. Why? Why weren't you there for me?" Tears pooled in my eyes threatening to spill. 

"I will not continue to make excuses, Cassandra. You have had too long of a time falling on them for me." He looked directly into my eyes. "I failed you. I took away your childhood, caused you great suffering in your adult life, put myself where you did not need me and no amount of apologising will make amends for it."

I had enough. I turned around to open the door but Fudge spoke out. "Please, will you hear one final thing from me before you make your decision?"

My hand wavered on the doorknob. Against my better judgement, I bit my lip to hold my cries and allowed him to continue.

"I am immensely proud of you, Cassandra."

What...?

"Despite having an atrocious father like me, you pushed forward and became a successful woman in your own right. You grew so beautifully. Your intellect is incredible. Your passion is endearing." He stood up from his chair and came closer with his arms outstretched. "You survived. Your growth since leaving has struck me. I am honoured to have you as my daughter, whether you bear the name of Fudge or not. I love you, Cassandra."

He said it... he really said it... and he meant it.  

Tears dripped down my face and I ran to his embrace. I was shaking and sobbing but he didn't mind. He was happy to have his daughter back.

"I... I can't forgive you for what you did, Father." I began, leaving his arms and looking at his sadness. "But... as a wise man once told me... 'It is what room you give one to grow that determines how they blossom.' If you have well and truly changed then you'll make use of this one last chance. I know many will disagree with me for this choice but... you should have the chance for me to be able to feel the love you owed me all along."

Fudge was speechless.  "I do not deserve you."

I smiled glumly. "You're right, you don't deserve me. Don't make me regret it." With that, I left through the door before he could get more words out. He didn't follow. 

Severus hardly had time to move before I threw my arms around his neck and buried my face into his chest. My hands were still shaking. I never thought in my life that there would be any resolution between Fudge and I, but it was only because of my mother that I listened. Would he be able to change as I did or would he be stuck forever in his old ways like Ruberion? Only time would tell. 

*****

The rest of the summer passed and on September 1st, Hogwarts opened its doors once again to its professors and new and returning students. This year, I wanted to do all I could to give the children the best education I could muster. I wouldn't quite say I wanted to be a guiding light but I wanted to be someone they could trust and rely on. If they were scared, lonely or homesick, I would give them my all to bring smiles to their faces. There was nothing more powerful than happiness. That was what I aspired to.

On the other hand, Patricia returned to Germany to continue her team's training for future Quidditch tournaments. Though we only got to see her during her free time, she always made sure to send us letters about how she was getting along. She definitely missed Trelawney everyday. I would try to ask Trelawney what was going on but she would always try to distract me somehow...

Speaking of Trelawney, she had grown considerably in her self-worth. I think having Patricia fall head over heels for her gave her a lot of confidence. Though people still thought she was weird and, albeit, a freak, she did her best to not let it get to her. Sometimes she would still struggle but I would be there as her friend to give her the courage to get back to it.

Severus stilled stayed to his previous ways though he softened considerably when I was in the room. There were always murmurs of relief when I would enter the room to help with Potions class. 

......

"Thank Merlin, Miss Juniper just entered the room..." a young Gryffindor boy whispered to his friend. "Watch this."

Severus walked around the room to collect essays and raised his eyebrow when he saw the boy had nothing to give him.

"Sorry sir, a Doxy ate it." he faked a frown. He hadn't done his essay and he was trying the easy way out.

"That tomfoolery won't work on me." Severus sneered and I came over to see what the mess was about. 

"What's the issue here?" I inquired and the boy's face lit up thinking he could manipulate Severus using me.

"Miss Juniper, a Doxy ate my essay. I didn't have time to redo it!" he cried out.

Just like Severus, my eyebrow raised. I played my most sympathetic smile but my voice was incredibly sarcastic. "Oh dear, that is an issue, isn't it, Professor Snape? If I'm correct, isn't the bite of a Doxy incredibly toxic?"

"You are." he agreed, catching on to my ploy.

"If a Doxy did eat your homework, then we must administer you an antidote immediately!" I proclaimed for the whole class to hear. Many started giggling at my dramatic display. 

"But Miss, I don't think I got bit-" he tried to interrupt but I wouldn't allow it.

"No, no, we can't take any chances. You may not make it to Madam Pomfrey for inspection. This means we'll have to brew Doxycide to clear your entire dorm too. Goodness knows what will get damaged... It'll stink for months." I brushed away the fake sweat from my forehead.

"Okay!" the boy slammed his head on the desk in defeat. "I didn't do the essay! There are no Doxies! Please don't Doxycide my dorm! The others will kill me!" 

"Detention." Severus said smugly and continued to collect the other essays.

"Don't try that again, okay?" I winked. "I may be able to save you from the worst of his wrath but I can't save you from your own cockiness." 

"Yes, Miss Juniper..." he grumbled in defeat.

*****

As autumn leaves fell to the ground, white fields of snow hit Hogwarts for winter's storm. Winter had always been my favourite season and considering it was winter when most good things happened to me of late, I was rather giddy. There were many times I wanted to push Severus down in the snow but I had to resist with all my might. That didn't stop me from joining in the snowball fights with the kids! A teacher joining is what turns a battle into a war. 

Tonight was a day for relaxation. With most of the students packing up to return home for Christmas, I found myself with considerably more time than usual. Honestly, it was perplexing to not have anything do to. The only real thing that had been going on was Father trying what he could to get in my good books again. He did try but it was still awkward being around him. I don't know if we'll ever have what we should have. The scars could be too deep to heal. 

I didn't care for that right now. In the tallest tower of Hogwarts, the Astronomy Tower, I stood on its little balcony alone with a little telescope to watch the night sky. Trelawney had been teaching me how to understand astrology. I remember how dismissive I used to be of Divination, thinking it was one of the most pointless and woolly subject, but after Trelawney proved fruitful multiple times, I began to think there may be something more to do. She had given me the "homework" of creating my own horoscope.

"Okay..." I muttered to myself as I stared at Pluto with the telescope. "Looks like Pluto's angling... that means... No, that's not right... It could be angled towards Mercury but it's so far away..." I wrote down some notes and then quickly scribbled them out. Looks like I need more practice...

As I thought that, I heard faint footsteps come up the stairs. I continued to look down the telescope, knowing that I wasn't in any danger.

"Still trying, are you?" Severus's voice spoke out.

"Mhm, but it's not going well." I stood straight and showed him my personal chart. "It says that something big and grand is coming soon but I couldn't possibly believe it. Everything's been so... mellow lately." I put the paper back down and leaned against the edge of the balcony. 

It was a beautiful clear night. I gripped the charm of my necklace softly as I looked at the stars. "A lot has changed since last year, huh?" I remarked whimsically. 

"Such as?" he replied joining by my side.

"Let's see..." I said as I looked over the valley. "Well, our anniversary is coming up, isn't it? In a couple of days?"

"It is." he confirmed.

"Sheesh. I don't think I would have imagined being with someone before I came here, let alone for a whole year. I certainly wasn't very loveable before... I suppose that's what trauma does to you." I laughed, followed by a heavy sigh. "But it's okay. I'm healing like what Ylgind wanted all along. It's also thanks to you and the others that I'm happy."

"I'm glad to hear it."

A sudden realisation crept up on me. "Merlin, with everything that's been happening, I've scarcely asked how you have been through all of this. It's hardly only been my trouble to go through. You were there for most of it too!" I exclaimed.

"Keeping you safe was all that mattered."  Severus replied plainly.

I smiled and looked toward him with my elbow on the railing and my chin on my palm. "Now tell me how you really feel." I grinned like a fox. 

"You are aware that I do not express myself like that." he rejected.

"Boo." I frowned.

There was a pause and it felt for a moment that he was contemplating something important. What it was I had no guesses for, though the result on my personal chart played into my mind.

"However, for this one occasion, I will try." he expressed as if it was an honour. It did feel like an honour. "After Lily, I truly believed that I would never love again. You somehow managed to prove me wrong. I will never understand how."

I gave a little smile as I continued to listen.

"Still, my life is better when you are there. Your companionship is one I wish to keep. As this is the case..." He dug through his pocket and pulled out a small box. He dipped to one knee, though it was hard to make out where he ended and his clothes began from his gigantic cloak. "Will you do me the honour of staying by my side?" He spoke like he had been rehearsing that last line constantly in his head. He opened the box and inside was a silver ring. 

I was completely stunned. Could this have been why Trelawney made me make a horoscope? Was she in on this the whole time? There were so many thoughts swirling that I forgot to respond. My heart was beating so fast!

"Y-Yes!" I exclaimed the happiest I had felt in my entire life. He stood up to place the ring on my finger and I wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could. "We haven't been together for a year and here we are... I suppose we've gone through enough experiences together to make up for several lifetimes of emotions." 

"That may be a fair comparison." he responded looking deeply into my eyes. He was such an unreadable person the vast majority of the time, but a blind person could feel the happiness seeping from him.

"Hey, Severus?" I asked as I leaned against his chest.

"Mm?" 

"I love you." 

"I love you too."

He held my ringed hand gently and brushed the back of it gently with his thumb. As we watched the stars, I knew of one thing:

It was time for my story to conclude. My resolution had come. The stars would always be watching but now, they could cheer for the new little girl who needed hope in her heart. I may not have their guidance anymore but I'll always have the piece of the sky that Severus gifted me. The necklace, and the Amulet of Ylgind, will be my reminders of where I came from... and to help me with the future. 

After tonight... the Abyssian Blade turned just the slightest white. It was going to be a difficult task to accomplish but...

With Harry Potter joining next year, who knows what could happen? 

End of Arc 3

There is still one more chapter to go...

Always For You: Epilogue  

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

64.9K 1.7K 43
It's your last year at Hogwarts and you couldn't be more exited. Especially because you get to see your favourite professor and crush since fourth ye...
30.7K 1K 20
[Book 1] Cassiopeia Moore just lost her mother. At the age of fifteen, she is almost completely alone in the world, and just wants to find her father...
87.6K 2.6K 132
Penny Potter may be the twin of Harry Potter but she does not share his proclivity for a hatred of the Potions Master, Severus Snape. Likewise, Snape...
1.6K 113 23
Shortly after Theda Desmond replaces Professor Binns as Hogwarts' new History of Magic teacher, she learns that she possesses a rare talent known on...