A New Precious

By LoveSmeagol

Sméagol gets a second chance at life, and discovers what is truly precious! More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 28

13 1 0
By LoveSmeagol

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING, PRECIOUS! Mention of Sexual Abuse & Rape! ⚠️

After dinner, we returned hom to change into our swimwear. Then, I led Máiréad into the special forest just as the night set in. The scenery was absolutely breath-taking! The colorful rocks and flowers illuminated the entire forest. Even the water was lit up, almost like a swimming pool at night, but without any light bulbs.

"Oh, my gosh," Máiréad said breathlessly. "It's so... so... so beautiful!"

"Isn't it?" I agreed.

"How is everything lit up?"

"Just their natural glow," I explained. "They lights up at night."

"That's so cool."

I nodded with a smile. "Would you like to goes for a swim?"

Máiréad looked at the shining water. "Is that water safe to swim in? I mean, I know that bioluminescent algae can make you sick."

"Very true that is, Precious, but not this particular kind. These waters are safe. The algae is harmless. Come." I took Máiréad's hand. "We gives it a try." I led her to the water. "Don't be afraid, Precious. It won't hurt you." As we approached the water, and began to wade in, we felt an overwhelming sense of warmth and comfort. So pure was the air. So pleasant the algae's fragrance, and so soft the water felt against our bodies as we slowly went in deeper. We found a place to sit, and the water came up to our chests. It seemed to caress and massage our bodies.

"Wow... this really feels good," said Máiréad. "I've never felt so... comforted by water."

"Not just the water it is, my love, but the algae. Its purpose is healing, comfort, calm, everything good."

"That's why I feel like I'm being hugged, even though there's no arms around me."

"The algae is nuzzling against your body."

"Wow. And, it smells so good."

"Take it in. Breathe in the fragrance."

Máiréad did so.

"Now, breathe out."

And, she did just that.

"How does that feel?"

"Like I'm..." She did it again. "Like I'm breathing in the good... and letting go of the bad. I feel like I'm being cleansed from the inside out."

"You are. That's what these waters are designed for."

"So... everything here is really safe."

"Everything, love. There is no poison, no threats to your life, nothing that will harm you... and if you are ever injured here, you heals very fast. Nothing here is fatal."

"Wow, I... I wish I could just stay here."

"Well, Precious, you can comes here anytime you wants."

"Even in the middle of the night?"

"Yes. Maybe I will brings you here for a midnight swim."

Máiréad smiled at me. "That would be awesome."

"Precious? May I asks you something?"

"Sure."

"At the restaurant, you said you thought you saw something. You seemed very disturbed. If you don't minds, what did you think you saw?"

Máiréad hesitated.

"If you don't want to talks about it, Precious–"

"No, no, it's okay. I... I know I can trust you. Um..." She took a deep breath. "I thought I saw, um... Sabrina."

"Sabrina?"

"Sabrina was my best friend. I knew her since kindergarten. She was... actually a lot like you. She was always really sweet and loving and... I could be my complete self around her. She was always there for me. Every time the other kids picked on me, every time my dad abused me, every time a guy broke my heart, she was always there for me. She always comforted me. She was the most affectionate friend I'd ever had. She gave the best hugs, and she hugged me all the time."

"Awwww."

"I would have sleepovers at her house every weekend. We'd stay up late, watch movies, eat junkfood, talk for hours. Then, when we were ready for bed, she always tucked me in like a mom does for a child, and she would sing me to sleep. She had a beautiful voice. The way she always looked out for me was what kept me going all those years. She was more than a best friend to me. She was like a big sister, and she made it her mission to shower me with as much love as possible. It was like she wanted to take care of me."

"Awwww, she sounds like a sweetheart."

"Yeah, she was. She even dressed a lot like you. She was always wearing zippers. Her pajamas were zip-up onesies with long tails in the back, and she used her tail to hug me and hold me close while we slept, while she sang to me. She was the kindest person I'd ever known. She was kind to everyone–her parents, the teachers in school, the other kids, even the bullies. She got them to stop picking on me by killing them with kindness. She was always telling me I was stronger than I thought I was, always encouraging me with my music, cheering me on all the time. We were attached at the hip... until about ten years ago when we were in college." A very sad expression appeared in Máiréad's eyes. "She started dating this guy, and I started seeing less and less of her. She was spending all her time with him. I mean, I was happy for her, and I wanted it all to work out for her. Then, one night, I ran into her boyfriend in the dorm penthouse. I'd gone up there to practice my music. They had a soundproof room where I could sing as loud as I wanted without waking anyone up. He found me in there, and started hitting on me. I asked him to stop, because I wasn't interested in him. Not to mention, that was my best friend's boyfriend, and I didn't wanna do anything to betray her, even though I wasn't sure if we were still best friends. He didn't listen, and he kept getting closer to me. I tried to leave, but he blocked the door. He said I wasn't going anywhere. I wanted to scream, but I knew nobody would hear me. I wasn't strong enough to push him away from the door, so I could leave. He grabbed me, lifted up my dress, pulled down my underwear, threw me onto the floor, and..." She burst into tears. "He raped me. I tried to push him off of me, but he was too strong. He pinned my arms down, and he wouldn't get off of me for... what seemed like an eternity, but it was probably only a few minutes."

"Oh, Sweetie..." Tears poured from my eyes as my heart broke.

"The next day, I overheard him telling her that I came onto him, and I wouldn't take no for an answer." She burst into tears again. "I didn't even bother defending myself. I figured it was useless, because I thought she would take his side over mine. So... I just walked away, and I never spoke to her again. I figured she hated my guts, and there was no use in telling her my side. I called my mom, and told her I wanted to come home. I never went back to school. I couldn't face it anymore. I never bothered to make new friends since then, and every guy I dated either treated me like shit, or they broke my heart. I felt like I deserved it anyway. I mean, I must've done something to send that guy a message that I wanted him to–"

"No. No, Precious," I sniffled, "please don't blames yourself. The only signal you sent him was 'stop,' and he didn't listen to you."

"Rationally, I know that, but... I just... I feel so dirty, and I feel like I betrayed my best friend."

"You didn't, Sweetheart. If anything, he betraysed her and you, and if she believed him, she betraysed you."

"When I saw her, it brought back all those memories and feelings of guilt. I was scared that she would see me, because what if she hated me then? And, if she did, what if she still does? What if she–"

"I don't think so, Precious. The way you describes her, she does not seems like the kind of person to hates anybody. Do you ever wonders if she would've believed you, and what would've happened if you told her?"

"Every freaking day of my life, but... I'm too scared to find out. That's why I was relieved when I didn't see her again at the restaurant, and maybe I was just seeing things. I'm just not ready to face her."

"That's alright, Precious, but someday... someday, you will be ready." I looked into her eyes, and I could see so much fear. I knew what it was that frightened her so much. "Awww, come here, Sweetheart." I wrapped my arms around her, and I even wrapped my tail arounder. I held her close to my heart, and I caressed her body as she sobbed. "You're afraid you'll lose me like you lost Sabrina, aren't you?"

"It's just... you're so much like her, and... I can't lose another..."

"Awwwwwww... you won't lose me, Baby. You will never loses me. Never. I promise. No matter what happens, you will always have me, always, and I will protects you from harm. I won't let anybody hurts you, Baby. I cares about you too much. You means everything to me. Nothing will ever changes that."

Unbeknownst to us, our rainbow butterfly friend was listening. She'd heard the entire story, and she immediately flew over to comfort Máiréad. She kissed Máiréad's cheek, and wrapped her wings around her face. "Me, too, Sweet one," she said in her adorable voice. "I won't leave you, either. I'll always love you." She giggled as she smiled sweetly at her. "You'll always be my very best friend forever and ever."

"Thank you," Máiréad sobbed.

"Awwww, you're welcome, Precious," I said lovingly as I stroked her hair.

"Youre very welcome, Sweet Angel," added the butterfly.

"What's your name?" Máiréad asked the butterfly.

"My name is Rainbow!" the sweet butterfly exclaimed happily with a little giggle.

"That's a really pretty name."

"Awwww, thank you! Your name is pretty, too, Máiréad!"

"Awww, see how loved you are, Baby?" I said with a loving smile.

"I haven't felt this loved in a long time," said Máiréad as she dried her tears.

"I have something for you, my precious."

"What is it?" Máiréad perked up like a child receiving a birthday present.

I reached in my onesie pocket, and pulled out my gift for her. "I finds this at the beach. I wanted you to have a special seashell from me." I handed her the shell. It was a large, red, heart-shaped shell, and yes, that was its natural shape and color. There was no paint, nor was there any carving.

She looked closely at the shell, and rubbed her fingers all over and across it.

"I gives you my heart. It is yours to keep, my sweet. I knows you will takes good care of it."

More tears fell from her eyes as she looked into mine. "I love you," she wept. "I love you so much."

I looked into her eyes as I drew her closer. "I loves you, too, Precious."

"Awwwwwwwwwwww!" Rainbow cried.

I held Máiréad's face in my hands, and we both leaned in, until our lips were touching. We shared a passionate kiss as Rainbow began to hum a sweet tune, accompanied by a chorus of other butterflies. She flew around our heads, and a feeling of overwhelming joy, warmth, and love surrounded us as she sang a sweet blessing. The water swelled around us, caressing our bodies, and we held on tight to one another, completely lost in pure bliss. As we broke our kiss, I looked deeply into Máiréad's eyes, and the stars above seemed to twinkle in them, which made my heart sing such a happy melody that I could not resist. I held her close as I hummed the melody, and Rainbow joined in, which only made everything even more special.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 9K 55
A love letter to the populars, the awkwards, the depressed, the third wheels. Anyone reading this--this is for you. To everyone that feels unimporta...
34 6 17
This is About two Persons and their lives after discovering a magical ring that made them connected (literally) They share their thoughts and gets to...
4.6K 214 21
She followed the dark for so long, she forgot who she was. Years after being initially captured by what Middle Earth knows them as the 'Blue Wizards'...
16.6K 665 26
Legolas and Aragorn are friends, but it is pretty clear that Legolas caught feelings for the ranger- not for the ranger himself though-Between terrib...