Chapter 29

Well, my precious ones, that's how it all started, and as time passed, things only seemed to improve for all of us. Máiréad decided she wanted to permanently move into our house. She called her mother to let her know, and Aaliyah and I helped her move the rest of her things in. She had a lot of things, but fortunately, we had more than enough space.

As for the people vandalizing her house, we finally collected enough evidence to turn them over to the police, and they took care if it. Máiréad's mother hired people to repair the damage. Then, she put the house on the market. When it sold, she sent all the money to Máiréad.

Meanwhile, Aaliyah and I were blessed with more gigs at different venues, such as restaurants, bars, outdoor events, as well as returning to the nursing home every two weeks and the children's hospital every week. The gigs at most of these places became a regular routine for us, and Máiréad happily tagged along to watch us. However, we wanted her to be a part of whatever shows she wanted, so we invited her to sing with us a few times. The employers loved her singing as well, and asked her to come back as a solo act, as well as to sing with us whenever we wanted. Each venue paid us all a fair amount, but more importantly, all of us enjoyed playing and singing for people. It brought such joy to our hearts to see the smiles on everyone's faces, and before this, I never realized just how incredible and magical music truly is.

Máiréad and Aaliyah became closer as well. Their friendship quickly grew into a strong sisterly bond. They told each other everything, and Máiréad trusted Aaliyah. Trust is something Máiréad struggles with, but Aaliyah made her feel safe and loved. She was the friend that both of us needed and longed for.

As for my relationship with Máiréad, it quickly grew stronger with time as we got to know each other more. We often went out to eat, to the movies, shopping, to the beach, or anywhere we felt like. However, we spent most of our time either at home, writing and creating music together, watching movies and television, and even making videos when she introduced me to the wonderful world of YouTube and social media! We would also spend a lot of time in the forest, playing in the water, walking around, eating the food, and bonding with the animals. Máiréad's friendship with Rainbow quickly turned into a powerful bond. Rainbow was the sweetest thing, and was always so loving towards Máiréad. It was always hard for poor Máiréad when we left the forest to go back home, because she was so attached to Rainbow. She wished she could come home with us. However, she never told this to Rainbow, because she didn't want to make her feel bad, nor did she want to force her away from her home. I could tell, though. I could see the sadness on her face when we passed through the threshold back to the human world, even though she tried her best to hide it.