A Mob Boss's Honour

By royal888

This is the story of many mob families. It is set in the 1950s. There are many families involved in the crim... More

Author's Note
Family Tree
1. Family Life
2. The Party
3. Social Time
4. Date Night
5. Challenge
6. True Danger
7. Outrage
8. Changes
9. School
10. Understanding
11. Encounter
12. Allies
13. Surprises
14. School & Home Life
15. Literature
16. Phoenix
17. Relationship Drama
18. Sounds & Cars
19. Lost Love
20. The New Joiners
21. Girl Talk
22. Rose's Secrets
23. Affairs
24. Bianchi Mansion
25. Vigilante
26. Young Minds
27. Teenage Plans
28. Sports Time
29. Responsibility
30. Being Closer
31. More Time Together
32. Business Calls
33. Honesty
34. Talking at the Diner
35. A Mansion in Boston
36. An Eventful Evening
37. Connections
38. Ladies' Choices
40. Hidden Feelings
41. Spaces Apart
42. Family Ties
43. Friendships
44. Reliance
45. Shocking Turn
46. Sword
47. New Days
48. Choices
49. Closer Than Brothers
50. Leaders
51. Portrait
52. Mercenary
53. Waiting
54. Star Crossed
55. Night Time Talk
56. Waves of Change
57. Dawn of New Dangers
58. Control
59. A Feud
60. Persistence
61. Fighters
62. Love is Forever

39. Collaborations

559 38 35
By royal888

Salvatorio was standing next to Marcello Rizzi as they were watching the school grounds from behind the windows of a classroom at the private school were they both attended in Boston. It was break time. Students were spread out.Marcello was the next heir to the Rizzi empire. They had met before but never on American soil. Their fathers did business together. It was Marcello who travelled to Sicily mostly.

Salvatorio commented "There is a storm coming... But these kids are playing catch or eating on the benches."

Marcello smiled faintly "This is the peace before storm then. Is it?"

Salvatorio said "You could say that..."

Marcello said "How stormy do you think will life be here for you Salvatorio... You have eyes for an Alessandrini who has a claim on her from a Bellagio..."

Salvatorio said "As stormy as yours I bet... You have eyes for a Bellagio when you are allies with the guy who is rival to her brother for Lena's hand..."

Marcello said "Well... Storms come and go... It is a fact of life... Look at that lightening appearing in the clouds... Now let's wait for the thunder..."

Seconds later Thunder was heard and that got the students's attention. They started dispersing.

Salvatorio said "How did you get to meet and know Gabriela Bellagio. You never gave me any details... You just said to me to measure my steps when I deal with her brother and not go too far because you want her as your girl... Bellagios do not do business of any kind with your family."

Marcello said "I met her by coincidence... every time. We have mutual friends and interests."

Salvatorio said "Obviously the mutual interests have not worked out for you so far if the last encounter ended like how you described it ended..."

Marcello said "Hate is a passionate feeling or so they say... She loves to hate me..."

Salvatorio said "Do you have any rivals like I do?"

Marcello said "I bet I do. The coast seems clear but I expect rivals..."

Salvatorio said "She has no one after her yet?"

Marcello said "A girl like her for sure has armies of men after her... But only those who dare, express it... Just like the case for your girl Salvatorio..."

The rain was pouring down hard and there was no one outside now.

Salvatorio said "It looks pretty empty outside... No one wants to walk around in a storm..."

Marcello said "Unless there is a reason to do so...Some causes are worth getting soaked for in a heavy storm."

The sound of the heavy rain hitting the windows was echoing in the empty classroom where the two boys were standing in.

Salvatorio said "I have no doubt..."

Marcello said "The forecast today is storms and heavy rain for some part of the day... But there is burst of sunshine too..."

Salvatorio said "I prefer the storm... I like the dark clouds... In Sicily it was always sunny... A change is nice... Do you like storms?"

Marcello said as he was looking outside "I like storms... Laws of Physics are at work during storms... You see the lightening before you hear the thunder that is supposed to warn you about it... The speed of sound is no match for the speed of light... So you hear no warning when a silent lightening appears in the skies... I always found it fascinating... You never know when lightening strikes...."

Salvatorio said "Of course... The thrill of the unknown is what some people live for..."

****

Lorcan was walking around the Irish school. He had a rule book in his hand reading while walking. He was in unknown territory. He had never even dreamt of stepping foot in a private school let alone attend one. He was now meant to attend this school as one of Christian's personal recruits. He was briefed about his duties. He had been given the most outrageously generous offer anyone could get. He had met the others who were like him. None of them had a background like his. They were all sons or grandsons of those who either worked for the Kavannaghs or worked with them in some kind of business capacity over the past few decades. He was an outsider.

Lorcan was making sure to look at every single corner of that school. He was memorising every single corner. He was memorising every single detail. It was what he was trained to be. A master of security and combat. Christian trusting him to be one of his soldiers had given him a big purpose in life. He only had one goal in his mind. To protect Christian, to serve him and fight for him.

Lorcan was not going to ever let his guard down. He was always going to look out for Christian and his first step in doing so was to examine and learn every single inch of the school property where Christian spent most of his time outside of the secure mansion of his grandfather.

Lorcan came across a big basketball court. There were boys there who he already recognised. Dean O'Brien, Sean McNab, Connor McKenna and the boys Christian had introduced to him as the boys who were close to the boys like how he was to Christian. They were all sons and grandsons of close people to the O'Brien, McKenna and McNab family. They had moved school too. It was break time so they were playing basketball or watching for fun and hanging out. Connor, Dean and Sean were Christian's equals. Not his. But they had received him well. Any soldier of Christian was counted as one of the kids who were allowed to hang out with them and be trusted. You did not pass through the security checks of Kavannaghs for nothing. No one questioned it.

He walked past the basketball court and went to the borderline fence that separated the Italian School and Irish School. He did not like this arrangement at all. His boss being this close to those who may have wanted him dead was not ideal. All this arrangement because of Christian's friendship with Gianluca Bellagio. He had been introduced to Gianluca that morning and had seen his sister from far too when she was pointed out by one of Christian's friends. He trusted Christian when he said the Bellagios were no threats. He could not question his judgement. But he was never going to take his guard down for anyone. Not for Gianluca or anyone else when Christian's life was on the line.

This situation was baffling to him. What had started this unlikely friendship between Christian and Gianluca? What was this friendship all about? Why was Christian going through lengths to stay close to Gianluca? He had no answers to that. He was good at solving mysteries or so he thought. He was good at linking clues. But this was one mystery he could not solve and it was not really his place to question it either. He was curious. What was so special about Gianluca Bellagio that Christian was so keen to spend every waking moment possible near him. His grandfather had sponsored this Irish school to be built right next to this Italian School so his grandson could see Gianluca whenever he wished it during school hours. Wasn't it enough that he could go to Gianluca's house any time and Gianluca could drop by any time. He wanted to know what had intrigued Christian about Gianluca? And most importantly what had convinced Christian's grandfather to give amnesty to the Bellagios but remain at war with all other Italian American crime families in the city. This friendship was not ordinary. Of course it made sense to be close to a friend you trust but not to this level. Why go through so many unnecessary lengths? It only made sense for someone of Christian's status to go through this much trouble for only family and not any friends.

Christian treated Gianluca like family. The freedoms he had even the closest Irish allies did not have. Gianluca and his sister were like family to Christian when they were not related by blood. Lorcan sighed and carried on walking. Either way no matter what motive Christian had for his closeness to the two Bellagio siblings, his reasons must have been good enough for him. The closeness made no sense. He carried on walking around. What mattered was Christian's safety. So if there was anything more to this friendship he would have liked to know. It could help. But for now he had to give up on solving this mystery and focus on the task at hand which was getting to know the new people and the surroundings, to identify threats, do his duties and of course he had to keep up with his education.

****

It was after the dance club's practical part had finished when everyone was seated in the drama studio. They were supposed to fill out forms about choosing their favourite dances they wanted to learn next.

Lena was looking at the papers and her cheeks were still heated from her closeness with Gianluca throughout the dance. It had been just a simple slow tango what they had focused on that day. It had worked for Eden because this dance was not too complicated. She actually had decided she wanted to attend again. She had enjoyed herself that day. Lena had enjoyed it too but... not the part when she had to look into Gianluca's intense eyes and her shyness at how warm she felt at his touch.

Gianluca said "What do you think? Are you coming to the club again to support Eden again? Or you are done?"

Lena said shyly as she was looking down at the papers "I will come... I will attend as long as Eden does. I like being supportive. I am not new to dancing. She is...It is one of the only things I am good that where she is unfamiliar with..."

Gianluca was thanking Eden in his mind. Was this girl sent from heaven or what? Ever since Luigi had found her and had introduced her, he had been able to see Lena more for different reasons. She pushed Lena to try things she could do but she was reluctant to do... She landed Lena where she would have not gone normally. Eden was for sure a special girl.

On the other side of the row of seats. Eden was filling the form for both Luigi and her.

Luigi was baffled "You know. I never thought you actually volunteer for attending more dance club sessions."

Eden said as she was looking down and writing "The environment seems friendly. My parents are not watching and judging. Your sister gave me words of encouragement the whole time. And I hate to admit it, but when you dance I forget how cocky you are... No mean comments. No sarcasm. No sign of showing off...."

That was because he did not speak through the dance very much and just stared at her and memorised her touch worrying about missing a moment with her. He had been what she described as the best partner in dancing because he just helped rather than taunted when he was so good at what he was doing. Eden had been able to tell that Luigi was a professional because he had dance lessons in his old private school as a compulsory part of his education just like every kid from this private school.

Eden looked up "Do you want to check my favourite dances I chose for us... I chose the ones I like the music to. You can change them..."

Luigi said "No. I do not need to check anything. You can hand it over to the instructors."

Eden asked "Really? So you will not try to annoy me for choosing annoying dances. Next sessions will be split in different small dance studios. We will attend the type of dance we want. You sure you don't mind?"

Luigi said "My preferences surely has no relevance whatsoever to what type of dance or music is on offer."

Eden said "Then what is your preference? The instructor assigned to the sessions?"

Luigi wanted to say "The dance partner only..." But he said "Eden... It's just a dance club here... What should I care about? I am a jock as you say..."

Eden said "Of course... Your ego made an appearance." She the rolled her eyes. She grabbed the papers from his hand and walked to the instructor to hand them to her.

****

It was night time. Christopher Kavannagh was in a meeting with one of his underbosses, Shane in his office that he reserved for work. He was talking to him as he was sitting behind his desk and the underboss was standing a meter away from the desk with his hands on top of one another in front of him and with a bowed head while speaking.

Christian was sitting on a sofa in the corner and listening to the conversation as he was playing with a baseball in his hand throwing it up and down as well as sometimes throwing it from one hand to another.

Christian was familiar with Shane. He was one of the many underbosses who worked for his grandfather. Shane also happened to be one of those people who was also involved in running some of his training sessions. Shane was an expert in many fields in the business. Christian had learnt so much from him. He had served his grandfather for years. Shane was very loyal to his grandfather like the other underbosses. He also happened to be closest to Christian because when Christian was little he was around. He had seen how Christian had gotten older and become a fine, skilled and strong teenager.

Christopher Kavannagh went silent for a few minutes as he was looking at the papers in front of him. Shane was waiting for his boss to give orders. As he was waiting his attention went to Christian who had now ended up on on the floor in front of the fire place. He was sitting on the floor facing the fire place while he was spraying small drops from a bottle he had picked up from his grandpas liquor cabinet at the fire. Christian was watching the change in flames as he threw the small drops at the fire.

Shane could see how Christian had not given up the habits. Since Christian was a child his grandpa used to bring him to his room and Christian always played in the corner while he listened to what his grandpa was doing. He always had a corner in his grandpa's office. Now he was a teenager he was playing different games there but he always listened to what was happening at the same time. He was ready to be asked for input by his grandpa and in the middle of his games, when his grandpa called upon him, Christian was asked to answer questions, give opinions or address whoever his grandpa was dealing with in the room.

Christian Kavannagh looked up at Shane "Collect this shipment on the date we agreed on. Check the quality. If it's not upto our standards we will send it back and demand double our money back. Dismissed."

Shane bowed his head. "Yes sir. As you command." He knew no one dared to send low quality goods to Christopher Kavannagh. But instructions from his boss in event of failures from their clients was always given regardless. Shane walked away and opened the door and turned as he heard Christian chuckle as he was playing with the fire.

He looked at Christian who was the almost identical mirror image of his late father in every way. Shane could not help be reminded of Christian's father. He was an energetic boy when he was Christian's age too and just like Christian he tested Christopher Kavannagh with his teenage unconventional ways of life.

Shane closed the door and left but not before smiling to himself from amusement at Christian's behaviour in front of one of the most powerful businessmen in New York.

Christopher Kavannagh stood up from his seat. He turned to his grandson and took in what he was doing. Christian was still spraying liquor into the fire and watching the flames as they changed and smiling. Christopher walked towards his grandson "Christian."

Christian splashed more liquor into the fire and then said "Yes grandpa." He turned after enjoying the change in the flames and looked up at his grandpa who was now standing behind his seated form towering over him.

Christopher Kavannagh said "Put the bottle back where you got it from."

Christian replied as he was seated on the floor "Ok." He then stood up and walked away towards the liquor cabinet. He asked "Grandpa. Who are you seeing next?"

Christopher Kavannagh said "No one. It is time for dinner Christian."

Christian put back the bottle in his grandpa's liquor cabinet. He closed its door "I did not realise it was time for dinner."

Christopher said "I bet you did not realise. You were too busy trying to see how far you went before your liquor bonfire extended itself to the carpet to notice the time..."

Christian said "Grandpa. I just lost track of time..."

Christopher said "Really?" He pointed to a box on the top of the fireplace "Open that. It is yours."

Christian said "It is mine?" He looked at the black velvet box on top of the fire place. He reached for it. 

Christopher said "It will help you not lose track of time..."

Christian opened the box and said "A watch... I did not expect this. Thank you."

Christopher said "This watch is waterproof and scratch resistant. So you will not be breaking it like how you do with your other watches when you choose to use it everywhere that you go... So you can go for a swim even with it and it will still work. It is not easily damaged."

Christian said "This is a watch fit for the military personnel. I like it alot grandpa." He put away the box and fastened the watch around his wrist. "Is this my prize for getting a good report card grandpa?"

Christopher said "I do not think any prize can really be enough to credit you for your hard work at school Christian.  You have been doing so well in all your subjects. At this rate you will graduate top of your class when you graduate from high school in your senior year."

Christian said "That is what I aim for always. I try to be the best that I can be..."

Christopher Kavannagh stroked his grandsons' hair as he said "Of course. You do not let anything or anyone drag you down..." He pulled his hand away and said "Let's go to dinner now..." He then walked away towards the exit and Christian followed. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4.6K 29
This is sequel to A Mob Boss's Dominance and Territory. This is a stand alone book in The New York Mafia Series. This is a teen fiction book with som...
1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
79.8K 1.7K 30
I catch his attention one night. This dangerous, intimidating man with a crime family to run. His obsession spreads like fire. Unfortunately fire doe...
253K 15.2K 23
▪︎It doesn't matter if we fight or not, you are still my wife, and I will never let you go▪︎ The thing about Mafia is that no one is safe, and nothin...