Fatal Desires | Edward Cullen...

By Roxydog05

"I MEAN IF YOU WERE SMART, YOU'D STAY AWAY FROM ME." "NO OFFENSE, BUT YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KEEPS COMING UP TO M... More

copyright
FATAL DESIRES
graphic gallery
prologue
2 | who dat?
3 | the talk
4 | saved by the edward
5 | he likes me, he likes me not
6 | stranger danger
7 | dinner by candlelight
8 | revelation
9 | hot n cold
10 | meet the family
11 | playing with fire
12 | three strikes and you're out
13 | prey
14 | escape to the hiding place
15 | save me
16 | aftermath
17 | prom
epilogue
SEQUEL

1 | new girl syndrome

5K 106 61
By Roxydog05

Vampires can only fall in love once for they are unchanging. Humans, on the other hand, can fall in love many times until they find the one. I don't know about them, but once my heart fell, it was the start of a beautiful story that would be the beginning of my forever...

Today is going to be a good day I keep telling myself. I toss my head from side to side, allowing the fresh California air to play with my slightly longer than shoulder length brown hair. I'm going to miss doing this on the beach almost every weekend.

Why all the longing thoughts? Well, today is the day my grandparents and I are moving to Washington. I wanted to stay here in California for the rest of my junior and senior year, but fate had other plans. Expenses to live and maintain a home in California have just become too much for my grandparents to keep up with. So, they decided that moving was our only solution. I didn't like the idea of moving at first, but after some thought, the idea of going off to live in some totally new environment has started to grow on me. A little change is always good, right?

"Rebecca!" I hear my grandpa's somewhat scratchy voice call from our car.

I sigh to myself before taking one last longing look at the beautiful blue crashing waves. "I'm going to miss you," I whisper.

"Rebecca!!" he calls again.

"I'm coming!" I yell back. With one final quick glance at the ocean, I turn on my heel and run back towards our family car. When I get close to it, I slow down to a jog.

"I know you wanted to visit longer, but we gotta go, honey," Grandpa apologizes. He's standing by our car impatiently, but from the earnest look on his face, I can tell that he was being honest. He really does wish we could have spent our last day here in California a little longer.

"It's okay," I tell him.

We both hop in the car. Grandma is already inside, waiting patiently for our trip to the airport to continue.

Grandpa starts up the car's engine. He looks back at me in the backseat. "I promise we'll come back and visit the beach every time you have a break from school," he assures me.

I smile at the thought of returning. "Sounds good," I muse.

And with that, we take off down the road and onto the highway. The drive to the airport isn't very long, and before I know it, we're there. I've only been on an airplane maybe once or twice before, but unlike those flights, this flight holds a new meaning. We're flying on this plane to our new home, not to some vacation spot we'll just come back home from a week or two later. This is it. There's no turning back now. Our old house has already been sold, and our new house is now waiting for us in the small town of Forks, Washington.

Similar to the car drive to the airport. The flight to Washington goes by in a flash. It almost feels surreal by the time it hits me that we've actually made it to our destination, our new home.

I don't know what to think when the time finally comes, and I'm standing right in front of our new house. It looks smaller than our old house from the outside. That's for sure.

"Are you gonna come help your grandma and I, or what?" Grandpa laughs from beside our temporary rental car that we used to get here from the airport.

"I'm coming," I say with a roll of my eyes. I walk up to the back of the car and start taking out some suitcases. I pick up two suitcases to take into the house first.

"All set?" Grandpa asks.

I nod before my grandparents and I head towards the house and take our first steps inside. As expected, it's a bit smaller than our old house, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be.

"This is nice," Grandma comments, walking up beside me. "What do you think?"

"I like it. It gives off kind of a cozy feeling," I say.

Grandpa walks past Grandma and me and sets his suitcases on the floor. "Why don't you go and check out your room?" he suggests.

"Uh, sure," I say. I readjust my suitcases in my hands before approaching the bottom of the stairs. It's a straight-up staircase, unlike the curved one we had out our old house. I'm gonna miss running up and down the old staircase, but this one will have to do, I guess.

After making it to the second floor, I find my new room almost immediately. I'm a little surprised to find it empty, all expect for a bed, dresser, and a desk. But what did I expect from a room that probably hasn't been lived in for months? I settle my suitcases on the bed before wandering around the room. I discover a window on the left wall hidden behind some dusty curtains. I open the window curiously. It gives me a perfect view of the front yard and street out in front. Not too bad of a view actually, it could have been worse. I could have had a window that faced the next door neighbor's house with a boring view of the side of their house. That would have been awful.

I hear footsteps coming up the stairs as Grandpa followed by Grandma enters into my room.

"Not too shabby, huh?" Grandpa says with a smile.

"It'll do," I say with a somewhat forced smile. I don't exactly know how to feel about all this yet. I guess it hasn't hit me yet that this is it. This is my new home. I'm not going be sleeping in my old bed tonight. I'm gonna be sleeping here, whether I like it or not.

"We'll leave you to fix up your room," Grandma announces. She and Grandpa head back downstairs to get the rest of our luggage out of the car.

I start to take clothes out my suitcases. I place them into separate drawers of my new dresser as a way to organize them. I don't expect them to stay organized for long cause I'm like the least organized person on planet earth when it comes to my room, but at least for now, I can feel like a somewhat organized person.

Beep! Beep!

The sound of a car beeping outside my window grabs my attention. With curiosity, I amble towards the window and peek out. I watch as a police car slows to a stop in front of our house. My grandparents go up to meet with whoever is inside.

I have no idea what the officer would want with my grandparents, but whatever it is, I decide to ask them about it later. After fixing up my room for the time being, I take a little nap before dinner. I'm just too tired from the plane ride to do anything else right now.

Just like everything else this past day and a half, dinner time comes around before I know it, and I find myself eating take-out pizza with my grandparents around our new small, round table. I take this time to ask about what the police officer from earlier wanted.

I finish swallowing a piece of my meat-lovers pizza before asking, "So, what did the police officer from earlier want?" 

My grandma smiles. "Oh, he was just coming to say 'hi.' He heard about some new folks moving into this house and just happened to be in the neighborhood and saw us. He was such a friendly man."

"He also has a daughter around your age," Grandpa adds with a hint of a grin. "Turns out she just came in from Arizona to live with him. You two are gonna be starting school the same day as-a-matter-a-fact."

"That's cool." I smile. I don't really know how to react to that news. I guess it will be nice to not be the only new girl at school, as long as she's nice that is. If she turns out to be some oh-so-perfect snobby girl, then forget it. I guess only time will tell though, just like how it's going to be adjusting and getting accustomed to everything else here. But I'm not one to shy away from a challenge. Sure, it's gonna be rough starting off at a new school with new people in a totally new town, but, in reality, that's really the fun of it all. New experiences are just what I need to add some excitement into my life.

*Time Skip*

Grandma has driven me to school every day for as long as I can remember. It has never bothered me before until now. Unlike at my old high school in California, it appears that almost everyone here has their own car. I guess it's a perk that comes with living in such a small town. Most parents feel comfortable with allowing their teenage kids to drive around on their own.

"Would you like me to walk you in?" Grandma questions out of the blue.

I shake my head quickly. "Yeah, no, I think I'm good. I can walk from here."

"Okaaayyy," Grandma sighs. From the tone of her voice, I know that she's not sad because I don't want her to walk me in. She just doesn't like how I'm letting my insecurities control my decisions. In this scenario, I really don't care. The last thing I need is for everyone to think I'm a baby who has to have my grandma walk me in like a little girl.

Once Grandma slows the car to a stop, I hop out quickly to diminish the chances of anyone seeing me. She drives away discreetly, probably realizing that my behavior was due to the fact that I didn't want anyone to see me without my own car, and her dropping me off instead. My grandma is cool like that. She always tries to make it a priority to understand my intentions, so she doesn't accidentally embarrass me like most grandmas or mothers would.

Before making my way through the school parking lot, I readjust my backpack strap higher up on my shoulder. Then, with a sigh, I start to walk forward. It's awkward as I'm walking past other people by their cars and friends. In fact, I can almost feel everyone's eyes on me as I go past. Since Forks is such a small town, they probably don't get new students here very often, which would explain their behavior towards me.

I feel a bit relieved when I finally reach the front of the school and start going up the front steps. At least now with more people around, I can kind of more easily blend into the crowd and not stick out too much anymore. I take this time to pull out my new class schedule and a map of the school.

Before I can figure out where to go for my first period class, I catch a glimpse of a girl with dark brown hair doing the exact same as me. Gears start to click in my mind. She must be the daughter of the police officer my grandpa had told me about.

Being a little more brave than my normal self, I walk right up to her. "Hi," I greet, stepping up beside her.

At first, the girl hesitates, as if she's not sure that I was talking to her or not. But once she realizes that I'm looking right at her and at nobody else, a small, subtle smile forms on her lips. "Oh . . . hi," she greets back.

"I'm Rebecca," I introduce. "Is today your first day too?"

She nods quickly. "Oh, yeah, it is. I'm Bella." The girl's smile grows slightly bigger as her gaze shifts down to the ground and then back up to me.

"I just figured since you have your schedule out too," I point out.

"Oh, yeah," Bella nods. "Hey, you wanna . . . compare schedules?" she asks hesitantly.

"Sure."

We hold out our two schedules next to each other.

"No way!" I exclaim. "We literally have five classes together."

"That's great," Bella says. "I'm kind of glad I don't have to go through this day completely alone." She smiles shyly.

At that very moment, a boy comes up from behind us. He's somewhat tall with black, greasy hair. From his appearance, I'm thinking that he might be of Asian descent, but I'm not sure.

He points his finger at me and Bella. "Hey," he greets. "Your Isabella Swan and Rebecca Flint, right? The new girls, hi."

A smile forms on my face. "Hi, yeah, I'm Rebecca."

Bella doesn't say anything though. She's probably too overwhelmed by Eric's very cheerful demeanor. The three of us start to walk forward through the growing crowd of students.

"I'm Eric," the boy introduces with a big smile, "the eyes and ears of this place . . . um, anything you girls need? Tour guide? Lunch date? Shoulder to cry on?"

I like Eric. He's seems to be a very outgoing and friendly guy. "Um, no, but thanks," I answer.

Eric then looks at Bella.

"Uh," Bella hesitates, "I'm really kind of the more suffer-in-silence type."

Eric's smile widens. "Good headline for your feature. I'm on the paper, and you two are news, baby, front page," he exclaims excitedly.

When Bella processes what Eric just said, she looks at him with wide eyes. "No, I'm not," she insists.

"You're gonna write about us in the school newspaper?" I question, giving Eric a weird look. I really don't like that idea at all. It would be super embarrassing to have my face on the front cover of the school newspaper, especially since I'm trying to make good first impressions with my new classmates and all.

"You . . ." Bella stutters. She's clearly worried just like I am about Eric's idea. "Please don't have any sort of . . ."

"Woah, woah, chillax," Eric assures. "No feature, cool with you guys?"

Bella nods.

I sigh with relief. "Don't scare me like that again," I laugh.

Eric grins at us. "Bella and Rebecca are camera shy," he says, pretending to write down what he said on a nonexistent piece of paper. "Note taken."

Author's Note: Here's an extremely funny Twilight video for you guys:

And as always don't be a silent reader! Remember to vote, comment, share, and give me your theories and thoughts! Constructive criticism and any criticism for that matter is always welcome! Know any other Twihards? Let them know about this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 9.5K 36
𝘰𝘰𝘰. ┋【 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐄 】- 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪, 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘦 ☁️. *. ⋆ ੈ✩‧ ೃ⁀➷ - - - 𝑰𝑵 𝑾𝑯𝑰𝑪𝑯... she cann...
54.5K 1.1K 20
a story in which jasper helps the girl. - i do not own any of the twilight characters mentioned in this story. 210118: 25th in #jasperhale
383K 7.6K 17
"It's as if I keep myself from being happy, I'm my own obstacle." "That's fine, I'd be willing to fight any obstacles, as long as it's with you." [P...
50.2K 1.8K 63
Cordelia Austin is an extroverted introvert. A red headed girl with a wacky side that seemed to make her stand out. What happens when a new family mo...